• Breaking News

    Monday, July 20, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ancient Dragon Nerfed?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    Hi all, ive played through the ds2 base game multiple times on my ps3 and recently got SOTFS on the ps4 so that i can play through the dlcs.

    On the ps3 i was never able to beat the ancient dragon. I was rarely able to dodge his flying flame attack (even after looking up tips) and it would kill my late game character with the highest flame resistance gear i could find.

    But i decided to give it another try in sotfs and not only did i find the boss manageable, but almost easy. His flying flame attack seemed to take up less of the arena and was easily dodged, and when i did get hit, it only took less than half my health bar and i wasnt wearing any flame resistant armor or rings.

    Was his attacks nerfed for SOTFS?

    submitted by /u/Sasha1230
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone for some jolly co-operation on PC?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    Revisiting this one since i played it the least, soul memory is 212k and i'm currently at the lost bastille! can help you with whatever as well!

    submitted by /u/TheLordGwyn
    [link] [comments]

    DS Vet but new to DS2

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    My record:

    Dark Souls: beaten every boss including DLC.

    Dark Souls 3: beaten all bosses except The Ringed City, of which I've only beaten the Demon Prince.

    Bloodborne: beaten all bosses except Orphan and Lawrence.

    So with all this under my belt I decided to finally start DS2, after hearing a few good things and LOTS of bad things about it.

    1st impression: way more unforgiving in the begining than the others. 1 estus wtf?(yes I know you can get a 2nd almost immediately) Seems to be fewer invincibility frames when rolling. Not sure how poise works in this one.

    2nd impression: the farther I get the more comfortable I am with it. (With the exception of the Ruin Sentinels, fuck them.)

    Bosses down so far: Last giant Pursuer Ruin Sentinels The Conjoined Pirates(cant remember what it called) The Lost Sinner Dragon rider Old Dragon Slayer Royal Rat Vanguard

    Time played: a little over 8 hours.

    So is this decent?

    P.S. I am having one major difficulty, when locked on my attacks are not swinging at my target. So what's the point of locking on in this game?

    Currently in The Gutter, having major flashbacks of Blight Town, not fun. :(

    submitted by /u/Raylara256
    [link] [comments]

    I’m slowly starting to like DS2 more than DS3

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    The first darks souls I ever played was dark souls 3 and I loved the game. I probably sunk a couple hundred of hours in it and never got bored. I was unwilling to try DS2 at first because a lot of people said it was the worst dark souls and I never had the money to get the first. I finally started my first play through of DS2 recently and I can't stop playing. I've finally made it to iron keep and the different environments are just amazing so many more puzzles or options for boss fights. More spells and whole bunch of weapons. But by far my favorite part is all the bosses. There are so many and I thinks I've killed about 15 so far but they just don't stop coming. Anyway I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way

    Edit: I did not expect this post to blow up but I did miss a few good points of why I'm liking this game more. Someone commented on the freedom of being able to choose where you go and I say I have to agree. I never really thought about that until now but ds3 is quite linear. I'm sorry if I'm missing some other really good points there are a bunch I don't understand yet I finally just collected all the old souls

    submitted by /u/Tristan52
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion: DS3 exploration wasn't as good as 2

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:42 PM PDT

    I just finished DS3 and while the combat was definitely more my speed, I feel 2's minute to minute exploration felt more fun/rewarding. 3 felt linear and pretty short and overall didn't have as many varied territories. You got cool shortcuts to bonfires but the game basically guided you there every time (while also showering you with bonfires). 3 felt more cohesive for sure (which the argument could be quality over quantity) but it felt more grounded with humanoid enemies/bosses and less fantasy so I felt more intrigued in 2.

    I feel like 2, I had to think more about where and when to tackle different branching paths even straight out from Majula. There was also much more environmental interaction.

    • I couldn't get down the pit until I bought the Silvercat ring or got the ladder.
    • I couldn't go to the woods until I got a Fragment Branch.
    • Getting to use ballistas in a boss fight or to blow up walls/barrels
    • Lighting up No Man's Wharf
    • Using the torch to scare away spiders in Bright Cove or light the Gutter was fun
    • Changing the boss arenas with levers or removing the poison pool was interesting (Lost Sinner/Dragonrider/Mytha)
    • Using lockstones, branches, or wedges when they were limited became soft gates and added an element of resource management because some were used in completely different areas. You could cover yourself in water, open shortcuts/NPC's, or make fights easier etc.
    • Killing mobs near the statues in Drangleic to open the doors
    • Using arrows to hit switches or breaking the coffins the kill phantoms in the Sunken King DLC
    • Collecting knights for Burnt Ivory King and clearing the snow on Elyeum was dope
    • Hitting the fire traps in Brume Tower to kill enemies and make it through unharmed was sick
    • As far as enemies/bosses go you got a scorpion, lion-looking dudes, the shadow pursuer guy, chariot, armored frog, fat slug, demons, rats, giants, mages, sentinels, snake lady, dragons, a good share of sword wielders, and so much more. I'm not great at multi-enemy bosses which DS2 had a lot of but it did switch it up from the 1v1 sword bois that were prevalent in 3.

    There's so many interesting map interactions that made DS2 really fun for me. I'm surprised DS3 has like none of these things. It was keys and doors pretty much. I thought dipping my head in wax was going to do something cool puzzle-wise in the Grand Archives but that was very minor. You just kind of just made it through the level going left and right without many choices. I think the combat in DS3 was perfected and played way better, but I really wish the exploration part was as rewarding. It felt much more point A to point B and I don't find it as a whole as memorable because of it. That's my two cents. Now I've officially beat SoulsBorneKiro and waiting on Demon's Souls.

    submitted by /u/crsdrjct
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing, pure melee, what should I use Spices on? Plus any extra tips appreciated.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I bought the whole trilogy on sales, cause I had never played it which is cool since I like it a lot! ...with mixed feelings.
    Anyhow, I 'm sort of blazing through DS2 now with a goal of getting to 3 and spending more time there with my brother.
    I never bothered with spells. Not now, not in DS1. Therefore, bunch of Simpleton and Skeptic spices in inventory heh.
    What would be the best way to use them? I 'm always more concerned about PvP cause of past habits.
    Even if I don't actively pursue it yet.
    SL: 103
    VGR: 24
    END: 25
    VIT: 21
    ATN: 2
    STR: 34
    DEX: 15
    ADP: 26
    INT: 1
    FTH: 8
    Sporting a +10 Mace, a + 10 Greatsword and a +4 Garg Bident. Picking up Sun Sword soon. Just in case you wanna add any advice really.
    Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/Lefterman
    [link] [comments]

    Who built the Lost Bastille?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    I'd always been under the impression the Lost Bastille was built by Vendrick as he attempted to to deal with the curse in his kingdom.

    However, that doesn't make sense based on Straid's dialogue. Straid mentions he has never heard of Drangleic (Vendrick's Kingdom), and he knows the background on the Bastille being built to ship off those afflicted with the curse and, later on, anyone generally deemed undesirable.

    So, if it existed before Vendrick, who built it? Are there any theories or in-game clues on this?

    submitted by /u/CursedeeCursed1
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a dumb build that'll challenge you? Try the parrying dagger-only build!

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    I've been playing this build and it's given me an entirely different style of combat than what I'm used to so far. The build consists of only a main-hand parrying dagger, no two-handing with it! Ideally you'll use very light armour - I use the desert sorceress set for two reasons. The build is so refreshing because there are only two real ways to kill enemies: backstabs and ripostes. You can repeatedly stab an enemy to death, but doing that to every enemy will run you through your durability very quickly. If you're facing more than one enemy it becomes a puzze to find an opportunity to parry one of them. Bosses feel way more epic as you spend 10 minutes slowly stabbing them to death. So far it's been all good fun to me, I do fear for Iron Keep a bit, though. Good luck and don't go hollow!

    submitted by /u/VreesKees
    [link] [comments]

    Finally, after what seemed fated to be impossible! Beat Sotfs.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    I originally started with 3, after my roommate talked about how hard 2 was and he never got around to beating it but loved it, none the less. Fast forward when 3 actually dropped he had moved out, my gf moved in but we kept in touch via Ps4, compared builds, etc. From the beginning I was hooked! and at the end I needed more, so I went on to play Des, then Ds1 thanks to my gf who had a ps3 when I was 360. Finally we arrive at Sotfs, my first attempt a Cleric(2017). I beat a few bosses traversed Forest and Heide's tower, Data gets corrupted... First and only time this ever happened. My Ps4 was in rest and we had power outages while I was at work. I had to reinstall latest firmware via USB also... Second attempt, Knight, Str build(2018). I get all the way to Drangleic Castle and keep seeming to miss something, look up a few guide's but not to thorough over the next few logins, ultimately decide to take a break. After playing many souls-like and most of Froms library, expect Sekiro. Majulas melancholic music started calling to me like sirens to a lonely sailor. I was determined! (2020) I logged in and dove right into the dlc, Fume knight had to be first then the rest were dominoes. Looked up more guides couldn't figure out what I'd missed year's ago.. Then I was exploring different covenants, came across pilgrims of dark, looks like its behind the only door I hadn't opened in this room and find out I have to lure an enemy close enough to it for the soul to be absorbed. Thats when I remembered the Golem statues needed to absorb souls too and of course I had missed the one required for the elevator to get the key to kings passage... Lol. I Can't wait to try a hex build!

    submitted by /u/AcousticalButtnugget
    [link] [comments]

    Every Spell Tool Side-By-Side Damage Comparison

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    So, methodology for those who care. Every catalyst was compared using the same spell against the same enemy under as close to ideal circumstances as possible. That means infused with a matching element if possible and melee catalysts were buffed on top and have the counter damage bonus applied. Staff of Amana was used fully human, Dark Pyro Flame was used fully hollow. Stats were 52 Intelligence and 52 Faith with the Black Hood. Enemy was a Gyrm in Doors of Pharros' Rat area at bonfire intensity 2.

    Sorcery

    Catalyst Great Heavy Soul Arrow Damage
    Magic Blue Flame + Crystal Magic Weapon 603
    Raw Blue Flame + Crystal Magic Weapon 554
    Raw Blue Flame + Aromatic Ooze 558
    Magic Pilgrim's Spontoon + Crystal Magic Weapon 699
    Magic Sorcerer's Twinblade + CMW 524
    Magic Sorcerer's Staff 512
    Magic Staff of Amana 606
    Magic Witchtree Branch 540
    Magic Lizard Staff 586
    Magic Archdrake Staff 516
    Magic Bat Staff 489
    Magic Bone Staff 436
    Magic Staff of Wisdom 647
    Magic Sunset Staff 485
    Magic Black Witch's Staff 595
    Magic Transgressor's Staff 464
    Azal's Staff 752
    Magic Retainer Staff 495
    Sanctum Shield 398

    Miracles

    Catalyst Lightning Spear Damage
    Lightning Mace of the Insolent + Sunlight Blade 317
    Black Witch's Staff 417
    Lightning Cleric's Sacred Chime 486
    Lightning Witchtree Bellvine 534
    Lightning Priest's Chime 542
    Lightning Dragon Chime 648
    Lightning Archdrake Chime 500
    Lightning Idol's Chime 430
    Lightning Protective Chime 479
    Lightning Disc Chime 492
    Lightning Chime of Want 537
    Lightning Chime of Screams 459
    Lightning Sanctum Shield 322

    Hexes

    Catalyst Dark Orb Damage
    Dark Pilgrim's Spontoon + Dark Weapon 491
    Dark Sorcerer's Staff 363
    Dark Staff of Amana 369
    Dark Witchtree Branch 442
    Dark Lizard Staff 335
    Dark Archdrake Staff 419
    Dark Bat Staff 391
    Dark Bone Staff 414
    Dark Sunset Staff 533
    Dark Black Witch's Staff 457
    Dark Transgressor's Staff 437
    Azal's Staff 643
    Dark Retainer's Staff 333
    Dark Sanctum Shield 320

    ---

    Catalyst Resonant Soul Damage
    Dark Black Witch's Staff 536
    Dark Mace of the Insolent + Dark Weapon 537
    Dark Cleric's Sacred Chime 426
    Dark Witchtree Bellvine 449
    Dark Priest's Chime 413
    Dark Dragon Chime 485
    Dark Archdrake Chime 479
    Dark Idol's Chime 512
    Dark Caitha's Chime 554
    Dark Protective Chime 458
    Dark Disc Chime 376
    Dark Chime of Want 597
    Dark Chime of Screams 456
    Dark Sanctum Shield 438

    Pyromancy

    Flame Great Fireball Damage
    Pyromancy Flame 726
    Dark Pyromancy Flame 754
    submitted by /u/TheHittite
    [link] [comments]

    The 5 hardest bosses

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    1. Beanpole gank

    2. Garfield and Nermal

    3. Throne Duo

    4. Running to Garfield and Nermal

    5. 2 pursuer

    submitted by /u/Starchy_the_Potato
    [link] [comments]

    I Just defeated sir alonne

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    I don't know why but I thought that velstad(I probably wrote this wrong) was way harder than him, in my first fight against him I took at least 20% health of him and after less than 10 deaths (I know it's a lot) I already fully understood his movements and he was almost predictable he still dealt a lot of damage but it was manageable and I got him solo unlike velstad which I was never able to get a time to heal and almost always got hit by him and I had to use both summons against him (in the 2 runs that I had against him). Does anyone here had this type of situation where some boss of the game got really hyped up to be hard but it wasn't all that hard or the contrary? (sorry for the bad English)

    submitted by /u/kleber115
    [link] [comments]

    The dark souls community can be so nice sometimes

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    So i was playing through the iron keep with my friend and a player invaded me then messaged me if i wanted stuff, i said sure ig and he proceeded to drop me and my friend both a set of fully max armor and rings, then stack of weapons that were all max even some dlc ones and gave us both around 50 effigies and mushrooms! I am so thankful for his help because we were both very underleveled and undergeared

    submitted by /u/dragonslayer2956
    [link] [comments]

    Is the pursuer meant to be for later on?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    I'm finding him quite hard, (hand axe +2 and bastardised sword +2, L SL 36)

    submitted by /u/Destroyer-Of-Realms
    [link] [comments]

    Careful with Jester's in the arena.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    There's some guy called "Sebastian" using hacks to bypass backstab protecting armor. He may also be using some kind of lag switch to force it when you've left his range.

    submitted by /u/AtheistGuy1
    [link] [comments]

    Why did FromSoft remove all the good things this game had from Dark Souls 3?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    I know this has been already posted, and probably many times. But i want to know everyone's personal opinion. Now, onto the discussion!

    A good example of these good things that Dark Souls 2 brought are the Hexes. And while they are in the game (Dark Pyromancies, Dark Sorceries. Dark Miracles), they aren't their own class. It feels like From didn't even try to listen to the good things that the game brought to us. They just threw it all out of the window. But of course there are bad things as well, for an example the SM system. It sucks imo.

    But now i wanna hear your opinions of all the things you think that could've been good additions to our last Dark Souls.

    submitted by /u/narzn
    [link] [comments]

    Executioner's chariot

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    I don't like this boss at all! It took me a while to even get to the boss because of that red phantom outside I just had to run past him. I tried the fight once and got ganked by skeletons like it's ds1. So bad.

    submitted by /u/DaltySalt
    [link] [comments]

    I’m looking for a nice and active pvp hotspot

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    I'm around Sl 210, I've spent most of the time on pvp at belfry sol, but is really hard to actually find someone there. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/jvserra
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Sword / Forlorn Greatsword powerstance: how bad could it be?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:02 AM PDT

    I just started a new character and the intention is to use a Bastard Sword for at least a while, eventually moving into a powerstance because I so rarely do that. So I started looking at weapons to powerstance and the Fume Sword came to mind for the 1HR2 poke (right hand) which is super value for a powerstance. And while I could pair it with a FUGS, they're not compatible for powerstance and fighting NG+ Raime seems like a chore and FUGS is pure physical with high physical requirements and thus has no synergy with the fume sword. But the forlorn greatsword is a dark weapon like fume's sword, and it looks sick as hell.

    Only problem is Forlorn's sword is not really good with DEX so I'd probably dark infuse both weapons and run the minimum physical requirements to powerstance (which admittedly will still be pretty high). Does this seem like a good idea? Another option is the Majestic Greatsword but it has even higher requirements and, as much as I'm ashamed to admit it, I don't actually like the powerstance L2 on it.

    submitted by /u/14ierophant
    [link] [comments]

    Having a blast in pvp!

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    Hey guys, hope alls well in these troubling times. I just started pvping in ds2, I've never done it before despite loving the game. And I haven't lost a match yet! Coming from dsr, it's a breath of fresh air, where I lost too many times to count; constant backstabs and dark bead spam are the norm there.

    Im only around lv 70 right now (I think) and Ive just joined the bellkeepers covenant. I'm having an absolute blast, though I have a feeling the higher up a get the harder the pvp will get. Does it stay this good (and fair) even at higher levels? Is there anything specific I should be looking up and studying for higher level pvp? For instance with dsr, I researched the bs techniques and counters. Anything will help! Thanks

    submitted by /u/lastofmustard
    [link] [comments]

    I beat Blue Smelter Demon with 1 HP left

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/dL2hDXk
    It was so close, one second longer and his burning aura would have killed me. I was so relieved I survived, I got too greedy at the end.

    Fuck the Iron Passage.

    submitted by /u/vk2305
    [link] [comments]

    I am going to say absolute blasphemy and I want everyone to yell at me. Dark Souls 2 is Bloodborne.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    Darklurker

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    Fought him for the first time and died when he was one hit from dying, I'm gonna cry now

    submitted by /u/BargainBinCaptainT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment