• Breaking News

    Monday, July 13, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just beaten Capra at first attempt only with caestus

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    I know that probably this thing happened to thousands of people a thousand of time, but it was totally unexpected for me. I played Dark Souls for 4 of 5 times, but I ever had problems with Capra. I never maneged to defeat him in less than 8 attempts. So when I decided to try a caestus challenge(all bosses, only caestus, no sorceries, no pyromanc, no miracles, no item) I was very warried about Capra. But then I tried the first time, and I managed to kill the dogs immediately. After that the battle against the demon was very easy. When I killed him, I was very surprised and happy. I'm the proof that everyone can do everything with this awesome game. I invite everyone to try this challenge, because is very funny. May the flames guide your way.

    P. S. apologizes for bad English.

    submitted by /u/nick_yellowlong
    [link] [comments]

    Havel On Taurus' Bridge

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    I managed to convince Havel to get some fresh air on the Taurus demon's bridge today before he slowly retreated back inside. never realized you could get him to leave the tower!

    submitted by /u/Cheeky_Babushka
    [link] [comments]

    My player is dead, darkmoons are blue

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    I suck at killing reds, how about you

    like fr fuck the invaders im jus tryna give oral to my estus so i can enjoy my SUNNYD with my g solayy bro

    submitted by /u/Kapt-Kaos
    [link] [comments]

    I really like dark souls

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Just felt like.

    submitted by /u/BestusEstus
    [link] [comments]

    I got the run

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    on this day the 13th july 2020. I've beaten dark souls remastered all bosses with a usb steering wheel.

    submitted by /u/Cae5ium
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone else get the shit scared out of them by the rats in barrels in the Depths?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    I was playing Dark Souls for the trillionth time and when I was in the Depths, I remembered my first time going through the area and how the rats popping out of the barrels jumpscared the fuck out of me. Like, my soul left my body the first time one of those fuckers jumped out. I know that was the intention, but goddamn it was effective. Can anyone relate?

    submitted by /u/Schweiber38
    [link] [comments]

    Confession of capra demon fight....

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    Soo i actually never fought the capra demon fight the normal way.... i always use dung pies or firebombs over the fog gate....hee is not that hard but in the little room with the dogs.....just pure hate

    submitted by /u/Acidjohnson89
    [link] [comments]

    F**CK THE BED OF CHAOS!

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    Seriously?! Who the hell thought *that* would be a good/fun/memorable fight?! I'd rather fight the Anor Londo Archers plus Smough & Ornstein at the same time >_>

    submitted by /u/famouswolfe
    [link] [comments]

    Mega Ornstein is driving me crazy

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    So I would start the battle making sure I can fast roll and carry two weapons.. One is the lightning spear for Smough and the second is Quelaags Fury sword for Mega Ornstein. I kill Smough in the first 30 seconds literally.. however when it comes to mega Ornstein it is a lot harder. He gets me every time. Should I change my fury sword ? I am confident of my skills. Ornstein made me doubt me weapon, I'm afraid soon he will make me doubt my skills :(

    submitted by /u/Abdulaziz6
    [link] [comments]

    Um... My fire keeper died?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    After I grabbed my second fire keeper soul I went to turn it to the fire keeper but... she's dead... I speculate that the guy I rescued from a cell killer her since he is also missing so I figure that I must have to go somewhere and do something but not really sure where. Any clues?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/SirFoxo
    [link] [comments]

    Its been so long since I've felt this way about a video game. Its such a great feeling, thank you Dark Souls.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Throughout my day while I am doing the mundane tasks to support my living breathing self, I cannot wait to get back to Lordran.
    I think about stuff I might've missed, things I want to try and all the things I might have screwed up or broken this play through because of my actions. It's glorious. I cannot recall the last time I was this engaged by a video game. Still stuck in Anor Londo I backtracked out and grabbed a few more levels, the rest of Big Hats spells and ascended my Estoc to make it scale with INT. Im actually getting it I think. <--famous last words huh lol. Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/flush_the_torlet
    [link] [comments]

    Newish player here, why does hunting for the Lord Souls feel like such a drag? And does anyone else feel the same?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    I love the game to death, don't get me wrong. I've made several characters just to play the game over and over and over again and have nearly 80 hours logged already even from purchasing it recently. Hell I've even beaten Gwyn a couple times before already!

    But I always run into the same issue, I beat Ornstein and Smough, get the Lordvessel, and suddenly I just... do not want to continue the character. I immediately become disinterested in the run and just want to start over again, which I typically end up doing, unless I force myself to delete the character if only I kill Gwyn. The entire journey up until that point is nothing but excitement for me every single time I start up a new character, every step of the way is nothing but enjoying the challenge of getting through Lordran again, but once I'm tasked with getting the lord souls? Immediate disinterest, like as soon as I'm done talking to Gwynevere, I just do not want to do it.

    Could it be burn out? Mental fatigue? Or something else I'm not noticing? Does anyone else have a similar situation?

    submitted by /u/Wandering_Claptrap
    [link] [comments]

    Is Quelana the undead(?) who attacks you while you're trying to get to bed of chaos?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    Fog gate glitches - Solaire in the Burgh.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    Has anyone managed to drag NPCs all over the map, coop in new places?

    Gravelording in the Parish recently, noticed there's a tendency for the fog gates to glitch out now and again. So I summoned Solaire and Lautrec into the GL using the item-queuing method, took them down to see Andre, and then managed to get them down to the Burgh via the bridge and had a quick gravelord sesh with some invaders, pretty cool.

    Could then go down to the Lower Burgh no prob, but that was the limit - Depths were fogged out.

    Sounds like the sort of thing that must have been thoroughly investigated over the years - any good examples? Mildred goes on vacation to Ash Lake, that sort of thing.

    submitted by /u/7NTXX
    [link] [comments]

    I now have the platinum for all 4 games

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    Just now I got the platinum trophy for Dark souls 1. https://imgur.com/6vIEUIh

    I've lurked around these subs for a long time and thought it was worth sharing this journey.

    I started with Dark Souls 1 on PS3 when I bought it from an EB games in 2015. It was a hard push of a few weeks to get into it but I was eventually hooked. I played solo and with friends. It was the best game I've played in years. To my surprise there was 3 other games for me to indulge myself with and enjoy. So I proceeded to buy dark souls 2, than 3, and than Bloodborne. After I had beaten them all solo and coop I decided that I loved that games so much that I would platinum them all. And so it began....

    I had the most trophies on Dark Souls 3 so i started there. On my character that already existed I collected all the rings for the trophy. Than I created a new character ( and because I suck at thinking ahead) and collected all the sorceries only. Than a character for the pyromancies and than one for the miracles. Once that was completed I had my first platinum and god did it feel great. I was so proud of myself and felt an even closer bond to the games like never before. https://imgur.com/t5HRdIs

    Next on my list was to do Bloodborne. Anyone who has done this knows how difficult it can be solo. From the chalice dungeons being dreadful to getting stuck on NG+ Micolash, Host of the Nightmare. I should have done multiple characters or the loophole to get all ending trophies on one play through but I love the game so much to do it multiple times. And on top of that I loved my character so much that I wanted to do NG+ and NG++. I may have rage quit a couple times and took some breaks from the game but nevertheless here it is https://imgur.com/ymP9BEQ(I did the DLC as well)

    After Bloodborne I moved my way over to Dark Souls 2. I love the game even though it is not my favorite of the 4. I found the game not much of a challenge and the platinum to be a grind. My favorite bit was on NG++ farming The Rotten. I used bonfire ascetics over and over to grind out the massive soul memory needed to skip through the shrine of winter and obtain my final spells for the platinum. I can't remember but I believe he was on NG34+ (sorry if im incorrect. Been a while sense this plat) when i was done farming him. https://imgur.com/Q1aqKeD

    After Dark Souls 2, I sadly went to EB games again, 5 years later (before the pandemic mind you) and bought Dark Souls 1 Remastered for my final platinum. It was sad because the journey was coming to an end. But i wanted that platinum more then anything. I buckled down and played the game for a week solid. I used a guide this time for efficiency and got all spells, rare weapons, and endings on my character. I got the platinum.

    I feel joy and nostalgia looking back at these platinums. I thank FromSoftware and this community for giving me the best gaming experience. I don't know what is next. Fashion Souls? Maybe. Or maybe Ill try Nioh. Comment if the imgur links don't work. Ill re upload. Gonna return to lurking the subs. Praise the Sun.

    submitted by /u/Nukeface50000
    [link] [comments]

    I died to Pinwheel...

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Or more specifically i died to his copy and paste clones guarding Nito...

    submitted by /u/RyanK17
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Dark Souls Beginner

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    Any useful tips for first playthrough? I've looked up tips on YouTube for Dark Souls but a peek into the comment section on these videos, and they're abit torn up on what beginners should do, so I was hoping this subreddit while provide useful tips.

    submitted by /u/I_Samsung
    [link] [comments]

    New party game idea: Strip Souls

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    It's simple, every time you die you have to take a piece of clothing off. You can play with your partner, by yourself or with the boys. Can be played with any souls game

    submitted by /u/Tigraosass
    [link] [comments]

    Defeated Manus thanks to best doggo

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    Been having a blast playing with a sorcery build, and I've gotten further than I ever have. With all the base game bosses dead I've dived into the DLCs. Left Priscilla alone because, bless her, she just wants to chill in the painted world, so I quickly moved on to Oolacile and the fun there.

    I was getting cocky after Soul Spearing the Guardian and Homing Soulmassing Artorias, but holy crap did Manus slap me silly! Several times I tried - dodging, parrying - but that jump attack kept being my Achilles heel! I just couldn't get the timing right.

    So I decided to summon Sif. First time I died horribly after Manus practised his Mario move on me. As I faded into dust Sif was none too impressed. Second attempt I was determined not to embarrass myself before the Great Wolf, so I dodged, ducked, dipped, dived and dodged through everything. Firing off Soul Spears until I ran out and switched to Soulmasses while performing acrobatics. It got to the last 3% of his health and I was panicking. I had chugged through almost 20 Estus Flasks and was about to prepare another Soulmass when...

    He died. As he exploded Sif was sitting there, blade in mouth, looking very pleased with himself. In a game series filled with terrible dogs he is the exception.

    Glad he didn't notice I was still carrying his soul...

    submitted by /u/Lastie
    [link] [comments]

    Weird sound during BoC fight

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 01:33 AM PDT

    So recently, I was sprinting along the final stretch to kill BoC, in the tunnel leading to the main bug. On the way there, I noticed a big sound effect, sounding like a slowed down version of the Four Kings AoE sound effect. Am I missing something and this happens all the time and I just don't notice the sound or...?

    submitted by /u/inklingdude003
    [link] [comments]

    Best level to get summoned for quelaag?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    Just as The title, I wanted to grind some summons

    submitted by /u/VLMQGBC
    [link] [comments]

    Best ring?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:08 AM PDT

    I like ring of the evil eye, heals when you get a kill. What's yours?

    submitted by /u/greensmallhere
    [link] [comments]

    Zweihander

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    Is the zweihander good for pve. And is it good for the entire game

    submitted by /u/quaquaquaquaquaqia
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment