• Breaking News

    Monday, July 13, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Spoilers! I created a location flowchart/map!

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    I created a location flowchart/map for each game in the soulsborne series! Here is the one for Dark Souls II!

    https://i.imgur.com/vw1nPcR.jpg

    submitted by /u/military_base362
    [link] [comments]

    The most Overlooked elemental power

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    Me and my friends went through all different types of elemental powers you can put on a weapon and rulling each one out for least used. Magic and lightning are tier Z for PVE, PVP and scales well with intelligence and faith. Poison and bleed are annoying good for PvP. Dark is great for hexers and also scales well with faith and intelligence. And then we have fire, It's overlooked because it doesn't scale well and is only REALLY good against bosses like the Dukes Dear Freja. It's still not bad though although I feel as though it's overlooked

    submitted by /u/The_MLG_Beaver9
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 is a lot better than I thought it would be.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    I'm on a path to platinum all the souls games. I got DSR platinumed and I'm half way platinumed DS2. Well, this game is a gem. The designs are great, I love the enemy designs, and architecture. The paths are more linear but there's still hidden paths that lead back to bonfires. I started off as a cleric with my large club but found out about hexers and used a soul vessel to respect, since then I've completely changed how I fight. Being a mix of spells and melee. I have found a new appreciation for this game and it really shines bright in the second half. Looking forward to ng+

    submitted by /u/Fallen_420
    [link] [comments]

    How should I handle cutting a friend out of our playthrough?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    I have 3 friends that I play all Dark Souls games with. Just recently all of us played through Dark Souls 2 for my third time and their first. One of my friends is very open minded and enjoys all three Souls games for different reasons. The other two, the entire playthrough of DS2 complained that "it's the worst Souls game" or "this is the worst area in the game" or "there's too much gank" and two hundred other excuses. Then when I say I'm going to do NG+ with my friend who's actually open minded, the other two say that they are gonna do it with us. What gives? I don't understand how you can trash a game so much likely because that's what the media did in the beginning of its release, all while still playing it. How can I be polite about not playing it with them and not wanting to hear them complain? Should I just deal with it?

    submitted by /u/Guitarist_Ethan
    [link] [comments]

    The reason why the Firekeepers give us a human effigy.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    Thanks to Dark Souls 2 Dissected video. Have you ever noticed that during the fire keepers' monologue, the lightning and scenery changes abruptly, as if more time had passed than we think?

    This scene might show us how bad the hollowing might be. A life of glimpses of memory like a slideshow. The Firekeepers saw it and gave us a human effigy, so we can properly start our journey.

    submitted by /u/Bege151
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Pursuer!

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    Not an achievement for some but I was having a really hard time with him. I couldn't figure out the ballistas behind him so I thought I had to fight him normally (which I was really bad at). I gave up and came back a week later with a new character because I wanted to use the rapier. Now I'm overjoyed and pissed at myself because I didn't realize you need to press X (or A) twice to activate the ballistas!!! I feel so stupid but so happy. ONWARD TO CERTAIN DEATH AND PAIN!

    submitted by /u/SeathTheSuccless
    [link] [comments]

    To The Person Who Added Me for Coop

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    I'm really sorry i couldn't help you more.

    After you summoned me to beat throne watcher and defender, i'm glad you added me and asked if i could help with DLC.

    I had so much fun running through the sunken city together. I almost didn't want it to end, i tried to show you every secret i could.

    And yet after we beat Sinh, we continued to frozen Eleum Loyce, took us a couple of tries but we eventually defeated Aava. Sadly i had to leave.

    I just want to say for anyone who wants to coop, don't be afraid to add a sunbro and ask!

    And for my coop buddy, thank you for making my day and allowing me to tag along your journey.

    submitted by /u/No-Sanctuary
    [link] [comments]

    Worst choke ever

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    Dark Souls 2 Dissected - Out of Bounds Exploration Video!

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    I made a video that showcases a bunch of out of bounds stuff in Dark Souls 2. Most are personal discoveries/ observations so there might be a couple things in here you haven't seen before-

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmuHu-o-PKc

    edit: It's still processing at the moment, so you can check back later if you'd prefer to see it in 4k.

    submitted by /u/illusorywall
    [link] [comments]

    Ava, the King's Pet

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Ok I know this is silly and I haven't actually gotten that far in game but... when I learned there was a boss named Aava who was a cat I started jokingly calling my Ava "the King's pet". Well. Last night she decided to distract me from gitting gud in the only way she knows how. Being fucking adorable.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/gmXJjJQ

    Anyways... I finally beat the first four bosses and lit the primal bonfires. My thoughts are as such: Iron Keep is what lost izalith should have been. Not aesthetically but like sens fortress toned down with lava. Idky but the big boss reminded me of ceaseless discharge. I can't place it.

    Brightstone cove was really short??? Torch made that a cake walk.

    Fuck the Rotten. Made me hard rage quit in 2014/vanilla and it's suuuch a health sponge.

    Lost Bastille isn't my favorite place, but it fits the aesthetic I guess.

    I love Felkin so much... Laurentius went dark and I am here for him. Solaire is a bro sure but Laurentius is really your friend. Hearing his va in a role that fits as progression from Laurentius feels nice. In terms of npcs he feels like he fits the reincarnation theme.

    I also find it interesting how the Dark is described as warm an nostalgic in 2 similar to Manus's souls is described as warm and gentle, but in 3 it's biting insects. There's nothing in 3 that makes the Dark seem appealing where as in 2 it seems like the kindest thing out there.

    submitted by /u/SirWigglesTheLesser
    [link] [comments]

    Sir Alonne

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    I'm going insane trying to no hit this guy, his grab attack's hit box goes behind him for some reason, sometimes it seems like his attacks ignore i-frames, and most of my deaths are from the run up to him.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Ffs hidden walls

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    I'm on my first blind playthrough (Poison build) of DS2.

    I have lit 4 bonfires and am about to go manually searching for the dlc or anything I missed.

    I was This Fucking Minute years old when I learned that HIDDEN WALLS NEED TO BE INTERACTED WITH.

    I legit though they weren't in this game besides pharros walls.

    Tl;Dr Blind playthrough is fun.

    submitted by /u/eap5000
    [link] [comments]

    Atoning For My Sins

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    To the people who I invaded, and those who invaded me in Drangleic Castle last night, I'm sorry...

    After nearly a thousand hours of playing Dark Souls 2 there's one thing I've never done, use cheat engine. I had loaded up a character that was past the halfway point of the story.

    I had a few drinks, loaded up some cheats and I was zooming, damage mult. x 10, 360 no scope bow, speed mult.

    I was invaded at Drangleic Castle, I didn't think anything of it. I drew my bow, bullseye, 5000 damage. Overkilled the poor sap. I had gained a weird drunken bloodlust. I popped some cracked red-eye orbs and laid waste to the inhabitants of Drangleic Castle.

    I invaded around seven people and three people invaded me over that time period. None of them stood a chance.

    I woke up today and the guilt sunk in. I apologize to those who've night I may have ruined. This is an experience that I will not be having again.

    Much apologies.

    submitted by /u/Redroostermajor
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 OP Early Deprived Build Guide!

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    Forgot to post this here, enjoy it y'all. Prepare to make 20 new characters lol. (ymfah styled video guide) Build is based around the Demon's Great Hammer. Dark Souls 2 : OP Early Deprived Build

    submitted by /u/TuneyTunes
    [link] [comments]

    I hate myself

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Those melee guys in Shrine Of Amana...

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Why do they run like Usain Bolt and why do they just stunlock stunlock stunlock. Fuck these guys.

    submitted by /u/RyanK17
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to get this armor?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    This is the picture, its from seller in Majula. I like that armor even tho you dont see the whole set

    https://imgur.com/a/uLC579b

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    Darkfucker

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    Anyone have advice on beating darklucker I keep dying when he spilts into two?

    submitted by /u/Weebtrash02
    [link] [comments]

    How the fuck can this game be 5 years old and From haven't dealt with hackers yet?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    I got invaded in Shulva by a guy named "Forlorn!" in a place that Forlorn can invade.He killed me with what I best can describe as every spell in the game being cast at once. I just want to ask how a company so dedicated on banning hackers that they put a warning against mod usage at the beginning of there games, and will ban you for using free cam, still allow people to invade with hacks?Sorry for my rant, i'm just still pissed.

    submitted by /u/LordQuaz12
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with ppl killing themselves at the entrance to the hub area?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    Everytime I go there I see like a million bloodstains is it some inside joke?

    submitted by /u/tallspartan117
    [link] [comments]

    Magic in this game

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    I just started my first magic character in any dark souls game and I must say that I am really enjoying it so far. Magic also seems to be pretty busted in ds2 since it does quite a bit of damage and I can just shoot people from a distance. Does magic stay good throughout the entire game? What about the dlc areas? Should I invest in pyromancies as well?

    So far I am running a glass cannon dodge mage.

    submitted by /u/VyperOfTheWild
    [link] [comments]

    Lucatiel quest help

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    Trying to inherit her gear for the trophy but I ran into a problem. I've spoken to her in all 4 locations and had her survive 3 boss fights. I go to the "Alida" bonfire in the small wooden shed, she wont spawn in tho so I can't get her gear. Is this a bug or can she spawn in another area? I've rechecked to make sure I got all her dialogue out.

    SOTFS edition

    submitted by /u/ItsDoodleBois
    [link] [comments]

    Darklurker is a gank fight that is equal in quality (if not better) than O+S (don’t let DS1 fans hear this)

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    DS2 is a game that gets a lot of crap, and I do believe some of it is deserved, mainly because there is so much garbage. Lots of garbage areas, and too many garbage bosses. However, it also has some great bosses that I don't feel get the love they deserve. Just recently beat Fumey after about 10 tries and loved the challenge. Currently working on Alonne, enjoying it (but dying a lot). Sinh was great, I really liked fighting both Smelter Demons, Lost Sinner was a fun challenge with no shield, Mirror Knight and Velstadt were awesome, and fighting Elana while she had her own Velstadt was a terrifying delight. However, there is one boss that has stuck out to me as my favorite so far: Darklurker.

    Many say that O+S is FromSoft's best success in terms of a gank boss, and it's hard to say otherwise. The speed and strength differences make it so the player can split the two and get some hits in, which makes it fair but extremely challenging, which is what we crave. However, my biggest issue is that you still have to spend so much time backpedaling and waiting for them to split. The first phase of this fight tends to drag on because of this, which is my only issue with it.

    Darklurker, in my opinion, rights this wrong. Instead of having two different speed fighters, you are presented with 2 identical fighters, who both attack slowly but from range. This changes the challenge from backpedaling to split the two, to staying on the offensive while keeping you eye on both. I didn't feel like I spent any dead time just running away, and instead was either laying on some blows, or rolling to try and dodge attacks while staying close so I could gets some of my own hits in next.

    I have only played DS1 and 2 so far, and of them, Darklurker is my favorite boss fight. For me, it perfectly hits the signature tough but fair mark that all bosses dream of, and dying to him was no great pain, as it just meant I could go back down and try again.

    submitted by /u/goldenarch878
    [link] [comments]

    Drop rate set

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    I've read some articles online and they never get to an agreement on whether you should only use the covetous gold ring or use the entire set to farm items, saying that they all stack or that some items override other items drop rate.

    I haven't done extensive test or anything but 15 minutes ago I started farming the Heide Set with Jester Cap, Prisoners Tatters, Watchdragon Parma and the Covetous Ring +1 and so far I've dropped the Heide Helmet, Gauntlets, Sword and a few blue orbs, so far using the entire set is working for me.

    But in the end, which one is better to farm with, ring only or full set?

    submitted by /u/raulsk10
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment