• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 8, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Survey about Armor Design in Dark Souls for Bachelor Paper

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I am currently writing a research paper for my Bachelor Semester where I explore the question "Does impractical armor impact immersion in fantasy games" and I have picked Dark Souls as an example game for the paper.

    I set up a survey as an evaluation method, and I would really appreciate it if some of you could participate :) The survey takes about 5-10mins maximum to complete and it would really help me with my work.

    Here is the link to the survey: https://forms.gle/A7iw28tceJjPuqGq5

    Thank you in advance!

    Edit: I am overwhelmed by so many responses in so little time, I really appreciate it! There have been some interesting discussions and information in the comments and I will make sure to read them and reply soon, as right now I am preoccupied with writing parts of the actual paper (lol)

    submitted by /u/stressedUniStudent98
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone's favorite blacksmith from dark souls in pixel art form

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    He is based on a fanart I saw online and I decided to make him in pixel art

    Here is the drawing I made I'll continue doing more as practice cheers!

    submitted by /u/ShiackHeron
    [link] [comments]

    Bed of chaos is actually not that bad

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    Don't get me wrong, it's still ass to fight, but at least you don't have to break both arms free every time you die. Can you imagine how bad it would've been like that?

    submitted by /u/Soviet_D0ge
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend made fanart of our Sunbro after seeing me getting hype in front of tv everytime Solaire was on the screen

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    As in title – she draw Solaire in Anor Londo. I thought that I share it here because love to Solaire of Astora never decreases!

    And I'm really proud how this draw came out but that's just a side effect. :)

    submitted by /u/VenomSNK
    [link] [comments]

    Turned one of my favorite armor sets into a Lego minifigure

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Now I know why this game is so hard

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    Found out back stab is a thing and after dying to the black knight in Undead burg too many times, I killed him. oooh the enjoyment, I was screaming "Fuck Yes!" (and everyone is at home). Love this game

    submitted by /u/PsYo_NaDe
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite boss?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    Simple question. Straight to the point, probably said 100 times before but I wanna see a personalized answer

    submitted by /u/Destroyer-Of-Realms
    [link] [comments]

    Yeah I did Sif as my fifth boss...

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:30 AM PDT

    So, I am dumb. I did Sif this early because I didnt know where to go next, It took me 4 Tries and I did Minimal Damage meanwhile Sif almost oneshots me. I just am a hopeless Idiot. I could have fought four Kings before even Ringing the second bell. I believe I am now approprately leveled for the Kings, but Im currently fighting Seath

    submitted by /u/Lizardboylol
    [link] [comments]

    What level would you recommend for going into blighttown.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    Is Dark Souls very active online?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:53 AM PDT

    Well that's basically my question.

    submitted by /u/Sad-FragGrande
    [link] [comments]

    should i kill lautrec?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    hi im new to the game and i cant decide if i should kill lautrec early on for the ring or wait to kill him later on the game, help me !

    submitted by /u/dhoklaaa22
    [link] [comments]

    Blighttown?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    So I killed the Gaping Dragon and unlocked the door to blighttown but I noticed the enemy on the bridge there is rly strong, do I need to go there now or should I explore some other areas like the one that leads to Artorias's grave but some of the enemies there are also pretty strong I killed all the Human enemies and made it to the cat thing, and then it asked me if I was going to stop (or something like that) I answered no they it seemed kinda pissed I saw some mushroom enemies? (didnt get close enough to find out) and ended up going back resting at the bonfore near the gate, I should also mention that I went right and killed the tree/bush enemies and saw the hydra, oh also the girl who was travelling with her followers got lost in that ghost area I heard it from the gold coloured knight

    TLDR; I can go into blighttown (seems kinda tough rn), artorias's grave or underneath firelink where all the ghosts are

    Im around lv30 also I can't seem to reinforce my longsword from +5, I know I have a titanite shard that says it can take some weapons up to +10

    submitted by /u/Qashi-Dema
    [link] [comments]

    Any currently working Dark Souls Remastered item dupes?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    When I mean item dupe, I mean get another of a currently held or owned item. Not the boss soul dupe that just lets you use it without actually consuming it. I want to dupe things like slabs and what not if that's possible, if the Frampt dupe is possible on the switch, it should work on PS4 too right? I mean lots of glitches are being found now, like the quantity use, so why can't there be a quantity drop? Please reply with any info you may have. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DJcrafter13
    [link] [comments]

    After all these years...

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    ...finally, i have them all

    Dark Souls 1 was the last 1 to complete, OG Dark Souls 2 was the first game i ever completed and all of them were different rides.

    Now i need a PS4 to play BB or hope that the game is on PS5.

    Now onto replaying DS2 and DS3 after 3 years of not touching them.

    submitted by /u/RavenAxel
    [link] [comments]

    What was the hardest boss fight in your first walkthrough?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    For me, it was knight Artorias.

    submitted by /u/Nordic_FireStorm
    [link] [comments]

    Getting smacked by the first dark souls III boss

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    So I recently beat sekiro (two playthroughs) and am diving head first into dark souls 3. I'm getting obliterated because of the controls. Also, I picked pyromancer and the fire gem because I read those are good.

    Any advice

    submitted by /u/anxnickk
    [link] [comments]

    Broadsword VS Longsword?)

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    Which is better? Are the stat differences that much different? Because I prefer the moveset to the Longsword personally.

    submitted by /u/mcbutterbottoms
    [link] [comments]

    I got mask of the father from Pinwheel first try.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    Is that worth like 10 years of good luck? or did I just use 10 years worth of good luck?

    submitted by /u/Gompomp
    [link] [comments]

    Giant Dads are hilarious after ng++

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    It's hilarious to get invaded by a giant dad. They know what they're doing, they constantly turtle, and they still suck.

    submitted by /u/SpoopySkeleton42
    [link] [comments]

    Why are the Four Kings so less important to the other lords?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:48 AM PDT

    They're really cool but they're different to the other lords as they don't appear in the opening cinematic and aren't protected by a golden fog wall. I can understand why they weren't protected by the fog wall because New Londo was flooded and they were in the Abyss but it just feels like they have much less lore and significance compared to the others.

    submitted by /u/NoSnacForDundun
    [link] [comments]

    Why is every boss that’s meant to be human or resemble one huge?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:26 AM PDT

    Ornstien is big, Smough, Artorias ETC is it just because of hitbox and just genera coolness or is there another reason these undead are huge

    submitted by /u/Destroyer-Of-Realms
    [link] [comments]

    Poor Soul Sif

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:24 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/B8LJVhi

    I don't know how to feel about this...

    submitted by /u/whitewalker66
    [link] [comments]

    Just had a major "huh" moment

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    The bells of awakening are called the bells of awakening because they wake up Fraampt

    submitted by /u/Dor-Yah
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment