• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Met a fellow Sunbro working at a restraunt i went to today

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    Went out to dinner with my wife, her mother, and a friend of my wife today. The very first employee that walked by my table instantly stops me to ask if my shirt was Solaires emblem (my wife got it for my birthday today and i had mentioned how neat it would be if someone noticed it when we were out) and i instantly just looked up at him wide eyed and go "praise the sun!" throw up the gesture and he does it back. When i was leaving he told me to not go hollow, it made my night! If youre out there reading this, thank you for that tonight :)

    I love this community 💚

    Edit: Spelling

    submitted by /u/Aladox
    [link] [comments]

    Made pixel work of Quelana of Izalith

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    Dear invader

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    I was recently playing Ds1 on switch and was about to enter the boss room for O and S. I had summoned solaire for the boss fight but right as I was about to go in the boss room I was invaded by some guy called "xxx". I would have gone straight in if he and the 2 giants didn't start ganking solaire, who I needed. He killed solaire and then started following me and dropping stones that said "help me". I got a hit in but he didn't even fight back and just dropped an item. Out of curiosity, I picked it up and it was probably the worst thing I could have seen: an indictment. He then proceeded to one shot backstab me with some crazy ass fire sword thingy. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, I clipped it and it didn't even save! Needless to say, I am quite enjoying dark souls...

    submitted by /u/getaloadofthishoopla
    [link] [comments]

    131 hrs in, never practiced parrying. Oh.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:43 AM PDT

    Mostly did shield, walk back and to the sides. Running away! Also didn't try the dodge/roll much.

    Practicing with the black knights, now. Just did a finishing move, nice.

    submitted by /u/elbronz
    [link] [comments]

    Wish me luck

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    I'm starting a soul level 1 run. I did it for demons souls I can do it for dark souls.

    submitted by /u/Dieseldees73
    [link] [comments]

    Went down to Blighttown...

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    ... lit the fire, took the waterwheel elevator, crossed a narrow branch... gravity clipped me off, strange... went to get my souls and humanity back, waterwheel elevator dropped me to death...

    press F to pay respect...

    submitted by /u/wicked_one_at
    [link] [comments]

    You Died

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    I bought a "You Died" sweater about a month or so ago and I've had two people recognize it so far. I fucking love this community. Praise the sun, hollows!

    I also want more Dark Souls merch..

    submitted by /u/Queen_of_Lucis
    [link] [comments]

    I drew Dragonslayee Ornstein. It really has no originality because I'm a beginner. Idk how to draw my own art. Reference source is in the comments. What should I draw next?!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    The “first try effect”

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    Basically I just finished playing through the dark souls 1 dlc (for the first time) and beat manus + artorias first try even though they're considered some of the hardest bosses.

    I've found that this always happens to me, I'll meet a boss for the first time, completely destroy it then when I go through the game. Again I'll die over and over and over again.

    Does this op let happen to me? There has to be 1 person who this happens to

    submitted by /u/polarbear-likes-cake
    [link] [comments]

    A lad

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    Whew, first post, hope I do this right. So I'm testing this sculpting app (Forger) while my computer is being repaired and I made a punchy lad. Please take him

    the lad

    submitted by /u/Just_Shep
    [link] [comments]

    I messed up...

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    So it's been a great day, I beat Kalameet, Manus, and Finally got around to the epic final fight with Gwyn. Took me 3 tries but I beat his ass, Im like this is it end of the game, this is what it's all built up to. I go and hit "Link the Flame" And the second I hit the button, a thought pops into my head "Wait I wanna read the description of Gwyns soul!" So I hit, the pause button, thus skipping the ending cutscene of the game....why tf is that even an option face palm

    submitted by /u/Cryogenicwaif
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to platinum this game was a mistake

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    FromSoft has produced my favorite games of all time in the past decade, and I decided that to cement my love for them I would platinum them all. Bloodborne was the fuel to get me started. DS3 was a little tedious, but ultimately added to the flame. Then came Dark Souls Remastered. I know that it isn't a reflection of the game, but my drive is all but gone as I've spent hours upon hours watching these channelers dance around in the Undead Archives, waving their tridents in my face that I so desperately desire. To all of you that I've seen post their platinums on this sub, I have a whole new respect for what you put into this game.

    submitted by /u/cynicalcynic27
    [link] [comments]

    I am going to go hollow because of O&S...

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    I am doing a challenge run where I don't go past sl 10 and I can't upgrade any weapons. The run was honestly not that challenging until now. I tried doing the glitch where the 1st phase is frozen, but then i just get one/two shot, even with full giant's armor. The worst part is that I can't get any pyromaniacs or anything else OP at a low SL because I used Sen's skip, meaning I am soft locked in Anor Londo and Sen's Fortress until I beat O&S. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/youzairnaym
    [link] [comments]

    Just solo’d O&S with Giant Ornstein

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    Need to tell everybody. Never felt so alive!!!

    submitted by /u/Riptide555
    [link] [comments]

    discovered something about Knight Lautrec's questline, re the tip

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    potential spoilers, I dunno

    I went to speak to Lautrec at the point at which he offers to sell you a tip about the lady in the catacombs, but I was slightly short of the money so I said no, thinking I would come back. Of course, he only offers the tip once, which I was like GODDAMNIT

    But if you miss the opportunity to pay for the tip, you can go and speak to Oswald of Carim in the bell tower, and he will tell you to go and talk to Lautrec, at which point I home-boned to Firelink and spoke to Lautrec and he offered the tip again, and what I read on several pages relating to the tip was that it was purely one-time only

    So hopefully that might be useful information to someone out there, that if you miss it you can get another opportunity

    playing the remaster, whether that matters

    submitted by /u/minor_fact_just_now
    [link] [comments]

    I got the platinum!!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    Once upon a time there was a young man who didn't realize he was a glutton for punishment. He decided to play Dark Souls 3 and ended up liking it enough to platinum it. Having gotten a taste for raging at the machine (his PS4) he decided that he'd try out the first game since it was discounted and he'd loved the third one so. In the end he raged some more, spending countless hours grinding harpies for the elusive covenant item they dropped. After much toil, sweat, blood, tears, and joy he finally did it. The fabled Dark Soul was his. His accomplishment behind him the young man thought for a moment and processed a feeling of loss he felt. Then, he decided he hadn't had enough and turned on Scholar of the First Sin. The end.

    submitted by /u/NobodyAKAOdysseus
    [link] [comments]

    Isn't Kalameet a bit weak in terms of lore?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    The fact Gough said that: even mighty anor londo dare not provoke it, Implies that he is insanely strong and should not be messed with. Yet Gough crippled him with one shot and a single undead was able to kill him. While he was strong he didn't live up to that quote I guess

    submitted by /u/mxh_13
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls >>>>>>> Witcher 3

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    So I started playing dark souls 3 last year. Game was incredibly hard but finally made it through and it was the most rewarding game of my life. Than I played a bit of bloodborne and that game was way too scary so I took a bit of time off. I got into the witcher 3 for a while and was shocked at how easy the combat is. I played on death march (hardest mode) and would like max die 2 times to a boss, whereas dark souls 3 I'd day dozens of times. I decided to get back to souls and that it'd be best to start at the beginning (if you don't count demon souls) with Dark Souls I. So I start dark souls and I get through the first two bosses with low death counts for me (low to mid single digits) . Aside from getting lost and confused in the undead burg it was smooth sailing.

    Then I make it to the undead parish. I stumble my way into the gargoyle boss fight without dying too many times. As I'm fighting the gargoyle in its first phase it was really easy. That boss in phase one is basically an overgrown lizard knight. Now funny thing is I was explaining to someone before that dark souls is the type of game where when you think you are safe, an enemy will randomly come and burn you to a crisp. Little did I know what was in store.

    As I'm fighting phase I gargoyle I think to myself, is this game really not that much harder than the witcher 3? Maybe I played it up in my head. As if the game read my mind, the second gargoyle drops and they both burn me alive together. Fast forward like ten attempts and I'm still stuck. What dark souls giveth, dark souls taketh. Anyways just a story to make everyone remember that this game is hard and somehow the devs programmed thought karma into the game.

    submitted by /u/alexandervalkyrie
    [link] [comments]

    Can we talk for a minute about how much the “Far East Traveller” face looks like Ryan Reynolds?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    That's it. That's the post.

    submitted by /u/MegaEmailman
    [link] [comments]

    Hope you guys enjoy this clip compilation!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    I recently purchased a capture card and decided to make a compilation of Nintendo Switch clips from Dark Souls Remastered that I found a bit funny. Here is the link for the YouTube video. I hope you guys enjoy. I would appreciate advice on what I can change for future videos. Thank you! \[T]/

    submitted by /u/Abuelo247
    [link] [comments]

    Four King’s NG+

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    Hey dark soulers,

    Crappy veteran here. I could really use some help with these kings of four. If you're interested in the souls I would be grateful for the assist. Just inbox me and we can set a day and time. I'm on the switch by the way, there don't seem to be many people playing on the switch. And not a soul in New Londo. Anyway, I could use a big strong man/woman to help beat these pricks down. Witch Beatrice tries her best... but we all know that's not much in this fight.

    Thanks in advance fellow soulers, Dorksouler

    submitted by /u/Dorksouler
    [link] [comments]

    Help pls

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    Is there a way to get the master key before blight town because I started a new playthrough and forgot the key in character creation

    submitted by /u/Eh_Meh_Smeh
    [link] [comments]

    Good early game melee weapon?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    Started out as a cleric I think. Haven't leveled up. I just got to Blighttown and got the shortcut from New Londo to Firelink. (My current weapon is the Battle Axe and it feels like a pool noodle)

    submitted by /u/Blitzxn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment