• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Going to Frigid Outskirts

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    Deep under the earth

    Even deeper than an Old One

    Lays a city, long forgotten by time

    All except by two: the seekers of fire

    One seeker failed, and dwells only in memory now

    The other, continues to covet the throne

    and in doing so

    finds the city

    Shulva

    A sanctum built to worship

    For, unbeknownst to many, a dragon dwells here,

    eternally slumbering

    His heart is slowly poisoned, for the Dark also seeks the flame

    She sings to the dragon, and the city sings along

    and the dragon slumbers on

    to awaken only twice more

    Once from the seeker

    and once from another

    Yorgh

    He leads his knights

    with strength

    His spear, a symbol of that

    while he himself thirsts for blood

    The knights seek the dragon, not for fire

    but for his blood

    Shulva falls

    and the king is foisted upon Yorgh's mighty spear

    the spear that dooms the kingdom

    The knight arrives at the sanctum

    The singing has stopped

    but how is he to know it should have started?

    Before him, Sinh slumbers on

    his body as of yet, unmarked

    Yorgh, with a mighty yell

    thrusts his spear into the dragon's back

    and through his chest

    Sinh awakens

    and Yorgh realizes his mistake

    in breaking the skin, he has broken the seal

    and chokes on poison

    His fate is shared by the city

    Only one is left standing

    Elana

    She was born of Dark

    Yet is driven by poison

    Became queen

    and last witness to the dragon's glory

    She sings again

    letting the great beast slumber

    Until the seeker enters

    She calls forth memories

    memories of the city,

    of its wildlife, its citizens

    and its greatest warrior, journeyed far away

    The seeker casts these memories aside

    and dispels the dark

    in the search for fire

    The seeker enters the deepest sanctum

    and

    driven by the desire for flame

    or dark

    or something else altogether

    they charge the dragon, who wakes

    one final time

    for one final fight

    Yorgh is a part of him, now

    if only in the memory of pain

    the singing has stopped

    Sinh fights for all he knows

    for his survival

    but he fails

    The seeker's desires were stronger

    and the great dragon

    last of his kind

    begins an eternal slumber

    The seeker leaves

    with proof of his conquest

    the last artifact of Shulva

    the crown of its sunken king

    carried by Yorgh

    taken by Sinh

    hidden by Elana

    and is used to begin anew

    submitted by /u/Bryankc14
    [link] [comments]

    Exactly 50 Bonfire Ascetics later...

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    ...the Old Mirrah Greatsword dropped.

    Goodness...

    At least I was able to also farm some Petrified Dragon Bones and extra ascetics.

    (Yes, I know the sword is bleh. Just rounding out my inventory.)

    submitted by /u/Schub21
    [link] [comments]

    So I just beat the Fume Knight and...

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    He's the best boss I've fought in DS2 so far! He reminds me of Artorias. They both hit like trucks so one mistake could prove costly. There was never any raging at the game (which DS2 makes super easy) but more raging at myself for mistiming a dodge after studying their movesets. Excellent and fun boss! I always catch myself grinning during boss fights like these.

    submitted by /u/Jaegernaut42
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about buying game but have phobia of spiders

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    So I've played through DSR and DS3 and their spider content was pretty minimal. DSR having one spider boss and DS3 only having these creepy centipede-type enemies, both of which friends helped me defeat while I cowered in a corner, closing my eyes. I really want to play through this game but have a horrible fear of any and all types of spiders or anything that resembles one. Is it worth purchasing this game? How many spider enemies and bosses are there? Are they skip-able?

    submitted by /u/JadenSmithLover253
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for PS3 players!

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    Hello, I am one of the few who plays DS2 on PS3. I get a uprising amount of co op at the right times, and a few people I met on here. However I could always use more! I finally had the bright idea to make a simple post here to see if there are any other people looking to co op. I have characters of all level ranges pretty much. Message me on here and we can exchange PSN info! I hope this isn't against the rules, I know there is a summon sign subreddit and may try that as well, but hey, the more the merrier!!

    submitted by /u/_aTokenOfMyExtreme_
    [link] [comments]

    We need ways to get Covenant Items...

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Without the NG+++ and even then you can't get them all at Chancellor Wellager either... I need invasion in the Belfry's or invade Trespassers there if any XBone Players want to take a detour.

    Besides all that ive been having issues getting matches no matter what Covenant. Even as Sunbro I can't find people xD

    SM is BS still I think... but I'm at 4.6 mil if anybody needs the same. Old Iron King is dead I dont know if that matters...

    submitted by /u/IEeveelutionI
    [link] [comments]

    Please tell me there is an easier way

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    Than using Aescetic and killing these skeletons to get effigy. They literally one shot me now because there are 10

    submitted by /u/DarianSchemmel
    [link] [comments]

    I am looking for an good PvP and PvE Build

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:12 PM PDT

    I am: SL322 (Memory about 40 Million) on PS3

    What I do: NG+7

    What I am looking for: PvP and PvE Build (could be difficult, I can change stats)

    What kind of build: I only played strength, dexterity and quality builds and I want something new, but I have no Idee

    !!THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUILDS!!

    submitted by /u/Freddo_Pepp
    [link] [comments]

    The secret to make Darklurker a lot easier

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    So last time I played this damn game I remembered d lurker being "not that bad". My latest playthrough I went in around midgame (lol), completely confident in my ability to beat him with level 10 pyromancy and a lightning greatsword +10. My child, he destroyed me, over and over. I decided to leave it till late game. Tried again just before the first DLC (after beating Giant Lord), this time with Velstadts armour, same thing happened.

    After doing Shulva Sanctum and first half of Brume Tower, was getting my ass kicked again by Blue Smelt and Fume K, so decided to try Lurker again.

    Got destroyed again.

    So what was I doing differently this time around? Oh I know... I HAD COMPARATIVELY LOW FAITH AND INT (been ignoring magic and attunement).

    Soon as I re-specced my character it was a different story. It literally feels like a different fight with just a few extra faith points.

    TL;DR: turn yr character into a faith build.

    Thanks for reading, I know this has been a rather convoluted way of saying something most ppl probably already know. Well, I didn't.

    submitted by /u/dampine
    [link] [comments]

    How to enjoy Dark Souls 2?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    So I've played and beaten DS1,3 and Bloodborne. I've heard the bad rep DS2 got but came in with a postive attitude. At the beginning I was having such a great time exploring and fighting bosses, but as I got further more things started to bug me. Falling of the curb took half my health. The endless hordes of enemies. How targeting my enemy didn't really matter. Black gulch. I want to love this game. I really do. I'm just having a hard time enjoying my time with it. The other games I've played have had times like I do know, but I always wanted to go back and beat it. I don't have that same feeling for DS2.

    So long story short my question is, how can I learn to enjoy this game? What do you guys do when you get frustrated with the mechanics? Any advice is welcome. Help me finish this game. Thank you. 😊

    submitted by /u/The_Cartist116
    [link] [comments]

    Best weapon moveset in the game? (Crypt Blacksword)

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    Feels like this thing has everything, wide sweeps, long vertical hits, stunklocks, knockdown and a stab downwards. It requires some heavy stat investment so I can't be really used by many different builds but it does absurd damage with a strength/ hex build. Also it can be infused with Dark and buffed with Dark Blade.

    submitted by /u/FinBinds
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2 complete

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    Finally completed all trophies for ds2. Took about a week and a half. Kinda glad to be done with ds2 for a while. Will eventually come back to do a ng+7 company of champions run though. Onto demon souls!

    submitted by /u/Pivot_li
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone got a spare red iron twinblade?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    I just got ds2 sotfs on my PS4 since my pc (for some odd reason stopped working) and I really wanted too do a play through with the red iron twin blade only too remember you find it extremely close too the end of the game so if anyone has a spare I would be very grateful thanks!

    submitted by /u/MylanWasTaken
    [link] [comments]

    I have 150+ hours in ds2 but I never knew the existence of fire longsword.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    I know it is not much play time for this game but I am amazed that I can find new things even after finishing it multiple times (I might just be dumb though).

    submitted by /u/ygoc95
    [link] [comments]

    Repairing items thru bonfire

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Is it possible to repair items such as weapons or armor by sitting by the bonfire?

    P.s. it's the scholar of the first sin ver. for ps3

    submitted by /u/tHUG_sWiZzLE801
    [link] [comments]

    When should i fight the smelter demon?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    I've defeated the Old Iron King, what level should i be for Smelter Demon? I heard he's harder than Old Iron King

    submitted by /u/Fed-Wan-Kenobi
    [link] [comments]

    A tip for beating Elena in the DLC:

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    I just beat her on my second try. I realized if I don't kill the skeletons, she does not summon Gankstadt. So I just unlocked, kept running around the skeletons, dmg Elena, run, dmg Elena. Ignore skeletons. Easy peazy

    submitted by /u/TheyTukMyJub
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone trade me the Nil CG? PS4

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    I can give you something if you want, please help :(:(

    submitted by /u/dan1dor0
    [link] [comments]

    Dingy Set - Can I use ascetic, or is it only in actual NG+?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    Seems to be conflicting information online.

    submitted by /u/Schub21
    [link] [comments]

    Disappointment

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    I started this game several months ago after finally getting the platinum for DS3. I promptly quit before the first boss, infuriated at the differences and odd mechanics. However, after beating Sekiro, I felt the need to return and best this game after so many hours neglecting it. I returned 5 days ago, and have since climbed my way through Drangleic and it's surrounding areas. The title is a bit to throw you off, and I proved to enjoy the game. What I am disappointed in is how it is relatively impossible to get random summons in this game. No matter what the orange outlines of areas say, there is no available person to summon or summon you. It wasn't so bad in base game, but the DLC is so confusing I needed a guide or buddy for assistance. Regardless, I really enjoyed a game I was afraid would be a lot of suffering on my part.

    submitted by /u/IH8IudexGundur
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a new challenge run

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    I'm starting a new challenge run! I am only allowed to dodge by fat rolling. Parrying is allowed, but I try not to do it.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Retainers in Frozen Eleum Loyce -- OK to attack when passive?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    I'm all for the ounce of prevention approach to save hassle later, but not if it's going to count as sin or hurt me in the future. Is there any reason to wait until they're "activated"?

    submitted by /u/Calidore266
    [link] [comments]

    Should i kill the guy in majula that gives shitty armor?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    i was just watching a speedrun on sotfs and some dude killed him and picked up some stuff (a cannot read the language it was in) is it just a speedrunning strat or should i send the guy to the pits of hell?

    submitted by /u/rdjohnasauris
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment