• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 1, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Its been 3,205 days since Dark souls first released and i will still always laugh at Anor Londo being littered with messages saying "try holding with both hands" and "amazing chest ahead".

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    Ornstein and Smough

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    My friend told me the other day that smough looks like a nutsack and now i can't unsee it. What is your opinion on this matter?

    submitted by /u/sirmordo
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing, just finished 2nd boss

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    I just started playing the remastered version, and even though I am the worst player in existence, I managed to kill the second boss...8 hours of total playtime...Phew, it will be a though and painful journey...

    submitted by /u/amateour
    [link] [comments]

    When do I move on?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:23 AM PDT

    I've been playing dark souls for a bit now, maybe 300 hours, but i'm stuck as to when I move on to DS3. Do I continue playing till i'm utterly bored? Do I get DS3 and play DS1 whenever I want to switch it up? I really wanna get dark souls III but I just don't know when to leave, what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Skxttls
    [link] [comments]

    PS3 anyone up for a full coop playthrough

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    Have done everything except coop. You summon me then I summon you. That sort of thing. Go from start to finish. Anyone up for it.

    submitted by /u/havaltherock
    [link] [comments]

    WHAT IS GOING ON!!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    I just got sucked by a huge painting...i hope atleast this painted world will be good to me OR I have to (GIT GUD) NEVER GIVE UP GUYS!!!

    submitted by /u/SunnyS5
    [link] [comments]

    Knight’s Honor trophy randomly popped

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    In Dark Souls remastered the knights honor trophy randomly popped for me after picking up a weapon that dropped from a dark knight, not knowing what it was I googled it and found out it was a trophy that glitches a lot(not popping for meeting the requirements) but that it never randomly popped before, its also a super hard trophy to get :0 im wondering if other people had this happen before?

    submitted by /u/fluckyolife
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls chess set request

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    Hey all, hope everyone's families and r1 buttons are keeping well in the worldwide boredom pandemic

    I've been scouring the internet for a dark souls themed chess set to no avail.

    The closest I've come to finding one is through you guys at /r/darksouls so I signed up to commission one.

    Take a look at my specifications if you think you might be up to the task:

    White pieces:

    Age of Fire/God themed

    King - Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
    Queen - Gwynevere, Princess of Sunlight
    Kingside Bishop - Havel the Rock
    Queenside Bishop - Lord's Blade Ciaran
    Knights - Artorias the Abysswalker and Ornstein the Dragonslayer
    Rooks - Hawkeye Gough and Smough the Executioner
    Pawns - Silver Knights (3x straight sword + shield, 3x spear + shield, 2x dragonslayer bow with straight sword scabbarded at side is what I was thinking)

    Black pieces:

    Age of Dark/Human themed

    King - Manus, Father of the Abyss
    Queen - Chosen Undead (elite knight set) - female
    Bishops - Oswald of Carim and Big Hat Logan
    Knights - Knight Kirk and Knight Lautrec the Embraced of Carim
    Rooks - Siegmeyer of Caterina and Black Iron Tarkus
    Pawns - Hollows/Darkwraiths/Oolacile Bloatheads (any or all in any combination is fine)

    A couple preferences:

    Dynamic posing:
    Gywn holding a sunlight spear poised ready to hurl
    The silver knights with shields up or bows drawn (not stood at ease)
    Ornstein mid-lunge(preferably elevated a little to match artorias' proportions)
    Artorias mounted on Sif
    For the chosen undead I want her posed as buffing her weapon or riposting a high level enemy (if the former then it must be darkmoon blade, no other buff will do)

    Rooks:
    In keeping with the chess tradition of rooks being places and not people it would be cool if Gough, Smough, Siegmeyer and Tarkus could be set atop battlements in the Oolacile watchtower, Anor Londo, Izalith and Senn's Fortress respectively.

    And there we have it! I'm dead serious about wanting this done. Quote the price you could do it for, let me know if anything isn't achievable and give me a serious prediction of how long it will take you.

    As long as the estimates are acceptable, you're serious enough to provide rough sketches of what I can expect and plausible evidence that you're capable of completing the project I will pay 25% upfront to get you started.

    If you aren't interested but know someone who would be that would also be superb.

    Thanks and praise the sun!
    Dave

    submitted by /u/IntroductionFront
    [link] [comments]

    I Did It!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    I just beat DSR. It's the first time I've completed the game at all. I gave up (skeleton) on pc the first time I tried years ago, and purchased it on Switch determined to push through.

    After 60ish hours and more deaths than I thought a game could put me through I finally laid down my sword.

    I just wanted to share my joy with a community that would appreciate it :)

    I already own 2 and 3 on Steam and am considering streaming my totally blind playthrough of DS2.... (Never streamed before, never played DS2 and have read nothing about it ever.)

    submitted by /u/foot_hand
    [link] [comments]

    The Four Kings and my humanity

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    Context: first playthrough with little knowledge of anything past blighttown. Level 67. So I get through the ruins and find the fog door. I have one swig of estus left. For some reason I think it's just another area, no boss, so I head in. I realize I have made a mistake, though luckily don't fall into the abyss and die thanks to a nice orange note. I figure there's no way I'll make it out alive. I end up killing the first fella using my final bit of estus, but decide it went well enough I want to try for it now. Since I have no estus, I throw my humanity in the use slot. It feels wrong, but I want to win. 5 humanity later, I've won. Overall, feels good. tl;dr beat The Four Kings first try, using humanity to heal bc I started the fight out of estus

    submitted by /u/BeanPads
    [link] [comments]

    To the people who can't parry Gwyn is pure hell...

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:41 AM PDT

    All right, let me start off by saying this is just an opinion, if you like the gwyn bossfight it's fineee.

    Anyway I HATE GWYN, Dark souls doesn't require you to parry all right. Yet Gwyn was made parryable! Here's my problem with the bossfight.

    1. You can't heal Yeah I'm not hating on him for being difficult, I'm hating him for being unfair. As a matter of fact O&S is my favorite bossfight. Anyway, you LITERALLY CANNOT HEAL, I mean besides a few lucky grabs, and MAYBE you COULD heal. But not only that, I've seen youtubers get LUCKY HEALS, like I saw gwyn not moving for more than 20 seconds! WTH?!?!?

    2. The fight is ridicously easy when parrying, WHY? WELL BECAUSE YOU CAN CHEESE HIM! The estus flask method (check out other youtubers), why?????

    3. He is so annoyingly quick, not like Artorias, or Manus, or even Ornstein fast, no no no, like a flying squirrel fast! WTH!!?! So whenever I heal, he just flies like an idiot and slams me.

    Yeah I'm done. Thanks for reading, and I do apologize for my grammar.

    submitted by /u/Whyiswhyiswhy123
    [link] [comments]

    Miracle build help

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:09 AM PDT

    what weapons are good for faith builds?

    submitted by /u/Solaire-of-Astora69
    [link] [comments]

    So... is there any fix for the "Retrieving latest calibrations" issue?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    It's been two days since I bought Remastered for PS4 and still I haven't been able to play online because of this bullshit issue. I've seen around the internet that this happens to a considerable number of people, but I haven't found any way to fix it anywhere. Is it happening to anyone now? Does anyone have more information? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/SwevenRiose
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please help me

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    So ive been trying to get past sens fortress and i keep dying just before the top with the traps its been easy figting the lizards with a +9 great scythe but i cant seem to get to the golem can anyone help me

    submitted by /u/cryostorm247
    [link] [comments]

    I'm getting ds1 today

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    I'm getting ds1 today and I'm really really excited about it but it's remastered are some things are there things that I should about the remastered.

    submitted by /u/filthycashe
    [link] [comments]

    3rd real attempt at online and really enjoying co-op. Fought Capra 9 times today in other players world (my char Diogenes on XboxOne) and didn't get invaded. Was nice.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    Switched my game to online recently on this most recent playthrough, probably the 3rd time I've purposely and purposefully tried engaging the online community in game. I made an honest attempt at helping people at Gargoyles but found the I got quite a few invaders there as its semi popular. So I pushed on and figured I'd try to help at Capra when I got to it. 9 successful fights (one disconnect or would have been 10) later and I'm loving co-op! Bottom of the Undead Burg seems to be a less popular invasion area, didn't get hit by one once down there. Beat Capra in my world after that with a co op partner just for shits and gigs. Now it's onward to the Deapths to place my sign at the nasty Gaper and see if I have a similar streak.

    Also should throw it out there the farthest I've made it in the game was on my Ps4 (before it became loud and annoyingly unplayable) beat O&S, saved Solaire and finished just infront of Firesage Demon. Re-purchased the trilogy on Xbox One just to enjoy it in some quiet ffs. Haven't beat any of them at all! Lol but love the games so what can I say

    submitted by /u/Hefferman1990
    [link] [comments]

    So I'm fairly new to Dark souls. And I KNOW this is probably the most commonly asked question, but I was wondering what in your opinions is the best overall build?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    Starting a new playthrough its been about 2 years

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    If you want your welcome to join pass will be 555

    submitted by /u/lllllllllll58yet4
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Ds1 remastered

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:47 AM PDT

    If me and a friend play togheter on my world Will he disconnect if he dies like in Ds3 or Will he still be in my session?

    submitted by /u/wilhelm12345678
    [link] [comments]

    What is legitimately the most bullshit thing in Dark Souls 1 in your opinion?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    I know a lot of Capra Demon posts are on the way and i understand that, as well as the Londo Archers dickheads, but im gonna say when the lower Asylum Demon swings its axe and the air on your location explodes, thats the dumbest shit ive ever seen in this game, you cant dodge away in time and most cant block it, you just have to tank it or unlock camera and sprint and jump perfectly.

    submitted by /u/BlooFlea
    [link] [comments]

    Beat it today for the first time

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    So today I beat dark souls and the dlc. It took me around 85 hours because I want to get everything I could find. It was a little weird after playing bloodborne because of the speed difference but i eventually got used to it. But i just wanted to share this and also here is how many tries each boss took and my thoughts on them.

    Asylum demon: 1 (plungie boi, smack dat ass)

    Taurus demon: 3 (fell of more than I took damage, plungie boi pt.2)

    Bell gargoyles: 5 (I honestly don't know how I died this many times)

    Capra demon: 3 ( makes me look at dogs differently, plungie boi pt.3)

    Gaping dragon: 1 (makes me look at alligators differently, praise the sun)

    Chaos witch quelaag: 1 (8 ball corner pocket, makes me look at spiders sexually)

    Moonlight butterfly: 1 (the summon fucking wrecks this thing)

    Iron golem: 1 (he shouldn't have skipped leg day, always remember kids never leave your dick open to get r1 spammed)

    Ornstein and smough: 6 (Patience is key)

    Gwyndolin: 1 (that's a fucking girls name)

    Crossbreed Priscilla: 2 (makes me look at crossbreeds differently....wai-)

    Stray demon: 3 (everytime I would fall, get up to heal, then he would do a slam attack)

    Ceaseless discharge: 1 (long live the king)

    Demon firesage: 2 (same shit for the 3rd time but for some reason easier)

    Centipede demon: 2 (run to the corner and you win)

    Bed of chaos: 4 (no I totally didnt do the quit out cheese on it or anything)

    Sif: 2 ("aww he's limping now", "his attacks are weaker and slower now, man......fuck this game")

    Four kings: 1 (havel poise boi and +5 black knight greataxe)

    Seath: 5 (makes me not want the moonlight greatsword)

    Pinwheel: 1 (how can something so easy to kill be holding an item as important as the rite of kindling?)

    Gravelord Nito: 1 (was pretty neeto)

    Sanctuary guardian: 2 (easy as shit attacks but it is a glass cannon)

    Knight Artorias: 5 (beats the shit out of you with a broken arm, but fr he is my favorite boss in the game)

    Manus: 2 (fuck those combos, spam silver pendant)

    Black dragon kalameet: 6 (just forget trying to get his tail, but fun boss if your not)

    Gwyn, lord of cinder: 3 (couldn't parry the feels)

    submitted by /u/SCP-2004
    [link] [comments]

    Which version of Dark Souls II should I buy?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    On Steam there is Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and Upgrade to Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin can I buy the upgrade even though I don't own the original game? I hear the upgrades better looking but not sure if I need to own the original game or not. Any help would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/MavidTempest
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment