• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 14, 2021

    Dark Souls I solved the Sen Fortress mystery

    Dark Souls I solved the Sen Fortress mystery


    I solved the Sen Fortress mystery

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 11:16 PM PDT

    Sen is a name we do not find along the Soulsborne series, therefore the options where two:

    1) It is a reference to something that inspired Miyazaki

    2) Sen is just the phonetic sound of a more meaningful set of kanji from Japanese.

    It turns out it was both:

    Sen is the translation of "セン" which means stopper/bottle cap. The fortress stop the advance of the undeads and works as a bottle neck to select those who are worthy being considered the chosen one and receive audience to the gods in Anor Londo.

    This would be enough of an explanation of why the fortress is called Sen, but what about the reference? Well which cult Japanese program, that probably Miyazaki grower up with, feature a castle (Anor Londo) which can be reached only after overcoming a series of crazy traps (Sen Fortress). Its obviously Takeshi Castle!

    Traps which are in Takeshi's Castle that inspired those in Sen Fortress are the crossing of a narrow bridge while someone is shooting volleyball ball/bolts at you. and the dogging of giant rock balls trowed within a corridor.

    I am playing it cool, but I almost want to cry to be the one presumably discovering this for the first time. Check other secrets on my Wordpress; soon I am going to release an updated version of my theory about the Soulsborne joint lore :)

    submitted by /u/The_Nameless_Simone
    [link] [comments]

    I am Knight Artorias, the Abysswalker. I am here to answer your questions. AMA.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    Can be related to lore, in game stuff, or anything else, as long as it doesn't break the subreddit rules of course.

    submitted by /u/Knight___Artorias
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favourite weapon to use in dark souls

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    Mine would be balder side sword I just love its moveset so much

    submitted by /u/sidsgotgame
    [link] [comments]

    10 years later I finally beat it!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:33 PM PDT

    I pre-ordered Dark Souls for the 360 back in the day. I got stock on Gargoyles. Then my daughter came into the world not long after and I went hollow.

    Then earlier this year one of my best friends bought me a copy of remastered. We played together. Another friend of mine who'd beaten the game before helped me figure things out.

    And I beat it! Pyromancer with an early BKGS that I got to +5. Casted inner strength and got really, really good at parrying. First session... after a bunch of attempts I nailed it in a couple of ripostes and a few hits. It was epic.

    I just want to play through it again.

    submitted by /u/agentultra
    [link] [comments]

    Biggest mistake

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:57 PM PDT

    I was gifted dark souls by a friend for my birthday last year and I was incredibly frustrated by it and didn't get very far. But I've gotten really into it since last month, I've just gotten to the Nito boss fight and was having trouble because of the respawning skeletons. So I looked up some stuff and found that with a divine weapon I can stop them from getting back up. My next search was how to get a divine weapon, just go to Andre with the ember? Oh that's not so bad, so I warp back to undead parish only to find that in the short amount of time I played the game for a year ago, I fucking killed Andre. So now the game is basically at a stand still. Thanks a lot past me :)

    submitted by /u/Rowandude05
    [link] [comments]

    I remade the Undead Burg in a more vibrant style

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 12:21 PM PDT

    Just wanted to show off a remake of the undead burg I made. I wanted to make undead burg a little more beautiful to look at... There's also some gameplay but it is a far cry from being faithful lol. Check it out here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3LpWGnpYB4

    submitted by /u/EsinReborn
    [link] [comments]

    I made it to the end of Gwyndolins illusion

    Posted: 14 Aug 2021 12:47 AM PDT

    It took forever like 20 minutes! There were a couple close calls too. All it was was a black wall though. Actually, now I'm not sure why I did that lol

    submitted by /u/Gloomy_Ad3341
    [link] [comments]

    Should I enter the painted world before or after O&S?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    O&S is tough so should I make a detour or should I just git God?

    submitted by /u/The_Fat_Gamer69
    [link] [comments]

    Bed of Chaos Still the Stupidest and Worst Fucking Boss Ever

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 02:32 PM PDT

    Just venting after x random deaths. I hate this fuck. Such a blemish on what otherwise would be a perfect master piece.

    submitted by /u/13_Loose
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck in painted world glitch

    Posted: 14 Aug 2021 12:53 AM PDT

    I have gone through the world once, not killing priscilla. I went back to kill her and on my way I died, but did not become hollow. All the previous gotten items were back. I killed her and went to Anor Londo and the previously fallen chandelier is back up and the bridge can not come down anymore.

    Is my savefile broken forever I wonder, has anyone else encountered this or something similar?
    Any help would be greatly apreciated.

    submitted by /u/pevadi88
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me spawn Quelana? (Remastered, NSW)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 09:32 PM PDT

    So I killed Eingyi and Laurentius left so I can't upgrade the pyro flame :( I searched for this and it looks like if someone with over +10 pyro flame can join or invade my world at New Londo ruins or demon ruins Quelana will appear. Can anyone help me on Nintendo switch platform?

    submitted by /u/fooldomus
    [link] [comments]

    Proud Night

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 09:30 PM PDT

    So just got home from a long shift and ended it with beating the asylum demon bare handed for the first time. An awesome end to an otherwise exhausting day.

    submitted by /u/xXRendanXx
    [link] [comments]

    I just saw my first vagrant! And then it killed me in two hits while I was busy trying to take a screenshot.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    I've been playing this game since June of 2016, for 460 hours total on Steam, and this was my first vagrant encounter. I died some fraction of a second after that screenshot was taken.

    https://imgur.com/a/QMHd8I2

    submitted by /u/puutarhatrilogia
    [link] [comments]

    What strength weapon should I use for late game?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2021 01:41 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm going through a DS1 run right now, my first proper one actually, and I've placed the lord vessel with kaathe. I have a +5 black knight sword (not GS) and I'm gonna go fight seath, but I feel like I need more damage and for that I need a normal titanite shard ascended weapon. What's a good strength based one to plus up and ascend?

    submitted by /u/CHADBEATS_01
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the most populated boss co-op for soul level 87

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 11:23 PM PDT

    I'm level 87 and I I'm trying to get summoned to help other players so I can lower the requirement to join the sunlight covenant but I'm not getting summoned. So where should a person with my level place their summoning sign?

    submitted by /u/BronzeDragonreal
    [link] [comments]

    I have done it.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:42 PM PDT

    I did it. I defeated lord gwyn. This is the first souls game i've ever played, and ever beaten. I feel so accomplished, I continued the age of the flame without realizing however, or atleast I think that's what that ending is i'm not a lore expert in DS. This was an amazing experience however and I'm definitely sticking around for more, def heading off to ds2 soon though.

    submitted by /u/Edgy-ness-2030
    [link] [comments]

    How do I beat Ornstein and Smough?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    I have no idea how to beat Ornstein and Smough, and I ran out of Humanities to use, so I can't summon him either. What do I do to beat Ornstein and Smough?

    submitted by /u/EmprahtheViking
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think that starting classes are really important?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 11:48 PM PDT

    Do they matter. If so which one is your favourite?

    submitted by /u/Allienkiller12-
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get DS1?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:26 PM PDT

    I have played and loved DS3, BB, and Sekiro. I want to play DS1 to better appreciate the lore, but I am weary of the older mechanics in comparison to the above-mentioned games. My questions are first, is DS1 worth it? And second, is it easy to get used to the older feel of the game?

    submitted by /u/Ecstatic_Secret1376
    [link] [comments]

    new Soulsborne challenge

    Posted: 14 Aug 2021 01:24 AM PDT

    after hearing the thing about SL1 god runs, I had a thought: what about making it even more brutal? so i think it should go like this:

    • no healing items
    • deprived class
    • unarmed/starting weapon ONLY
    • no armor
    • no enchants
    • no upgrades
    • no skill point or weapon upgrades
    • SL1 god run 2 (Soulsbornekiro) with Elden Ring (must all be done consecutively, if any damage occurs at any point, you have to begin the run from game 1, the games can be done in any order to keep things interesting)

    I shall call this "The Darkest Soul Challenge" feel free to attempt this ultimate trial of mastery of this genre and please let everyone know that I came up with it (credit me)

    submitted by /u/TepigOverlord
    [link] [comments]

    Pyromancer, sorcerer or cleric?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 10:42 AM PDT

    Who do you think is the best and why?

    submitted by /u/Allienkiller12-
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a bug?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 11:03 PM PDT

    I recently started playing D's remastered and noticed the world is at 60 fps but my character looks like he is in 30 fps when turning or walking in a circle it's really odd I've played the game countless times and haven't played in over a year now and I don't recall this being the case before.

    Did they update the game to 60 fps but mess up the character fps?

    submitted by /u/Donthiik-Carter
    [link] [comments]

    stuck at manus ��

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    I've been stuck at manus for a bit too and i'm just gonna go ahead and summon somebody, but i can't find any summoning sign and it's pissing me off, any idea how i can get someone to help me?

    submitted by /u/dbd0
    [link] [comments]

    Does doing the DLC help get the Platinum?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2021 01:05 AM PDT

    I have done DLC in the past. Now I'm on a new character trying to platinum the game on it. I know I don't need to do the DLC for the Platinum but does it pay to do it for precious upgrade materials I'm not sure what kind of items are in the DLC. Also I'm doing a strength build are there any good strength weapons in the DLC?

    submitted by /u/cnedden
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment