• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 18, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Went to Blighttown through The Depths for the first time, here is my take on the place.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. It wasn't that bad. Edit: WHY THE HELL DID THIS BLOW UP SO MUCH??

    submitted by /u/Voonterrex20
    [link] [comments]

    57 year old father playing darksouls Day 4

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    Day 4: blighthell This vertical maze nightmare almost got the best of me...

    I opened the gate to blighttown and started to climb my way down. In blighttown I met a toxic and poison nightmare, the blowdart guys killed med over and over again and on top of that bugs impossible to hit flew around me spitting blood. But all this is nothing compared to the times I fell down and got killed by gravity.

    I died many times because pressed attack in the wrong place and took a step over the ledge and boom gravity Killed me. Sometimes it was enemy mobs pushing me and sometimes moving bridges and things like that.

    But the biggest horror for me was finding the right path. I was totalt lost for hours, getting killed and repeating the same process. I took me over 5 hours to get down and sometimes I got close but I ran out of healing and toxic and poison slowly killed me. I would estimate I died about 70 times before I finally got to the bottom. Afraid of every step I walked in panic looking for a bonfire.... And then there it was on the right in a sewer. Happiness has never been so real.

    Only had a bit of time today but tomorrow will be an all day grind! Thanks for the support everyone.

    submitted by /u/ThomasTuckerman
    [link] [comments]

    Soulsborne bosses you were most scared of / bad at on first playthroughs, who now seem like a joke?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    At the moment my number one on this list has to be Velstadt. I'm sure i remember finding him really hard and scary my first playthrough, think I might have even resorted to summoning at one point. Might have just been his imposing appearance and cut scene signifying his importance. That stuff gets in yr head when yr new.

    submitted by /u/dampine
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! I tend to create new characters all the time. Any tips to keep me tied down?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I tend to play for a bit, do 1 bell of awakening, then start a new character, and never go past sl50. I keep myself stuck in the early game cycle, not progressing, and therefore, I haven't finished the game yet (shame on me). I like to restart and try new builds, any tips to keep me on one character? (I got a new console, so currently I only use one, but tempted to start a new one)

    submitted by /u/InfamousGhost07
    [link] [comments]

    That was so rewarding! Sl1, No hit, Melee Only Black Dragon Kalameet

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 08:21 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/ymqcWU5IVoA

    After countless attempts, I made it! Just wanted to share this with reddit.

    submitted by /u/Balm1406
    [link] [comments]

    Just completed my first SL1 run.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    Took around 20 hours. Did this after getting all achievements on the remaster. It was a lot of fun! Def recommend trying it. Onward to my next character!!

    submitted by /u/beelze_bob138
    [link] [comments]

    I'm on ng+3, I'm stuck with Seath, any advice?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    Edit: ok I annihilated it, lightning destroys it

    submitted by /u/Bruschii
    [link] [comments]

    I did it

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    I finally beat dark souls 1 after 57 hours of gameplay

    submitted by /u/RookiePirateer
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire ...

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    My dear friend

    Solaire, you have to believe me. I have tried my best to be there for you. I wanted to fight by your side, to grow with you. I have travelled the world to make you feel better, trying to find your sun, trying to make you laugh, to make you proud of me.

    But in fact, it was you who saved me. You were with me every time I needed a friend, a companion. I remember that fight against Ornstein and Smough. What an atrocity alone. What an enjoyment with you. Rolling and rolling. Not a cell phone in sight, just living the moment. You were helping me all this time. Making me understand that it was only through my determination that someday, I'll be able to tame that cruel world. I'll finish that journey for you, my friend.

    If only I knew at that time, when I saw you at your lowest in Izalith, that talking to you and trying to make you feel better would be the turning point of your legend, I would have stayed with you during all the time that you needed. When you came to me, right after, completely mad at me and trying to kill me, I had to defend myself. I am sorry Solaire. I wasn't fighting against you, but against my own failure to save my friend. I have failed this time. But I swear that the next time will be the good one, that I'll help you as much as you helped me.

    You were looking for your sun but I found my sun in you.

    Praise the sun, my friend

    submitted by /u/SokaSatoru
    [link] [comments]

    Giant Dad + Power Within

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    It works! The constatn hp lose is almost matters nothing if you have around 40 vigor. I got a lot of salty hatemails since is started to use this tricky combination. I can only recommend. You need: Havel's ring, Ring of Favor & protection, Zweihander (bass cannon), The giant set, except the helm, mask of the father, the "power within" piromancy from blighttown and of course the legendary gesture. Well? What is it?

    submitted by /u/Reinn_515
    [link] [comments]

    im dumb and I need help

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    I dicked over my save by missing Kirk in the depths, is anyone willing to trade me his stuff? I don't really have a lot, I haven't beaten quelaag or anything like that but I have.. humanity? I dunno I just think his armor is super cool and I really want it

    submitted by /u/DxM_Driver
    [link] [comments]

    Fun little trick I found in Anor Londo (DS Remastered)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:37 AM PDT

    I'm sure this is common knowledge to some, but I just got the game a few weeks ago and I got a kick out of this.

    When making your way through the halls and various rooms of Anor Londo on the way to Ornstein and Smough, you run into many Silver Knights. Some are waiting in ambush. Well, after getting killed many times by the bs of enemy weapons clipping through walls, I decided to see if it would work for me too.

    Turns out you can stab many of those silver knights who are waiting in ambush right through the walls, killing them from relative safety! It works through closed doors as well, and often the silver knights will aggro you through a wall with a closed door and just run at the closed door, clipping through. I just grabbed my trusty halberd and stabbed away at them like they were zombies from the walking dead stuck on a fence lol.

    submitted by /u/garlic_naaaannn
    [link] [comments]

    Pyromancy Build?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    Aight so I might start a pyromancy Build, what pyromancy spells and stuff are good? I've always used strength builds and I don't really have too much knowledge about the pyromancies

    submitted by /u/harrym03
    [link] [comments]

    The best part of the NG+

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Getting to Anor Londo and great bowing the archers off the ledges. The feeling of giving them a taste of their own medicine is extreamly cathartic.

    submitted by /u/SX_NEX_SX
    [link] [comments]

    The difficulty in Dark Souls 1

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 10:17 PM PDT

    I just played the remaster after playing ds3 for the 5th time. I'm right before the final boss. I have played the whole game blind and only looked up the optional areas after getting the for lord souls. My problem is this: the difficulty.

    I don't know if I "got gud" but I beat every single boss in the game on the first or second try, with the excpetion of Taurus demon, since I didn't know you could kill the archers. In ds3 many bosses stumped me for hours or even days. Nameless king, slave knight Gael and especially dark eater midir.

    Even playing the game blind and still not knowing I can further upgrade my divine sunlight straight sword up to 10+, the bosses are leaps and bounds easier. The areas themselves are just as, if not harder. The 2 archers in anorlondo to me longer to get passed than any boss has.

    Off of the difficulty topic, I tended to like the areas less In this game, like the depths and blight town, but it's not to say they were all bad. Ash lake is absolutely amazing to me. I love the place and find it relaxing and stunning. The hydra was cool too. Anorlondo and sens castle were awesome. But most other places were meh or I actively dislike them.

    Finally, my closure is that overall ds1 has been incredibly fun. It's a great game and definitely worth the purchase. I just wish the bosses were as hard as those in ds3.

    submitted by /u/unslipperyice
    [link] [comments]

    What age would have come after the Dark Age of Man?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    This question just flashed across my mind while watching some Vaati lore videos. The sequence was supposed to be: - The Age of Ancients - The Age of Fire - The Dark Age of Man

    But... what would have come after that? Theoretically, of course, since Ash (the painting by the girl in Ariandel) will soon replace the old world. I genuinely don't have any ideas for this, so I'm curious as to what you guys can think of.

    submitted by /u/Charisma-Modifier
    [link] [comments]

    I managed to beat O&S in NG+

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    It was extremely challenging, even with 2 phantoms to help me. But after a lot of determination and planning (during which i had to get a completely different weapon than the one i was usually using) i finally managed to defeat them. Now there's the entire rest of the game to beat

    submitted by /u/SirDoodThe1st
    [link] [comments]

    How did I miss this?!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    So I have been playing DS1 pretty much blindly and I am now at Gwyn. I have tried to win him a few times (without parrying much at all) and I just randomly remembered seeing something about a Cloranthy Ring. So I google it and it says it's in the Great Hollow. I was like "The what now?". So, I guess I almost missed the whole great hollow and ash lake areas somehow.

    submitted by /u/pingiini_
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck invaders

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Every ganking invader (especially at Farron) deserves to get torturted for eternity. Can't change my mind.

    submitted by /u/TheDemonGER
    [link] [comments]

    DS3 How to get Great Club besides the enemy at the stairs?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:19 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I am at SL63 and wanting the Greatclub and already killed those 2 at the stairs.. but cant seem to find it in my inventory.

    Maybe I sold it? Have no idea...

    Any other way to get it or just gotta wait for NG+ to get it?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Nietro
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Astorias

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:19 AM PDT

    I tried to tank, to light roll and to fireball him but he keeps spamming that one jump attack. He doesnt let me heal or even dodge

    submitted by /u/Bananak47
    [link] [comments]

    I JUST BEAT DARK SOULS ON A NAKED RUN!

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:18 AM PDT

    It was so hard especially the Four Kings, though I was never good in that fight to begin with hahaha. I'm just glad I finished it lol. I think I'm gonna take a break from Dark Souls for a bit. I just beat it 20 times in a row so I'm kinda tired haha. Probably gonna do a SL1 run next time hehe

    submitted by /u/RaiCaelum
    [link] [comments]

    Hey everyone i just wanna ask you all that did dark souls prepare to die edition requiers microsoft visual c++

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    Anyone still playing on 360?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Used to be really into this game and just now have been able to get into gaming a little bit. Picked this up and have no luck online for the most part. If anybody wants to pvp once in a while or needs help let me know!

    My Xbox tag is JMGS95

    submitted by /u/IwishIwanted
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment