• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 18, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weird and Creepy Empty DS2 Run

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    https://www.twitch.tv/jojackmcgurk

    Have you guys ever come across this weird twitch channel? It's just this guy running through empty DS2 levels and it gives me the creeps.

    submitted by /u/MissBeth0828
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve installed the mod Augur of Darkness and am simultaneously having fun and really angry.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    I ran across this mod on some youtube playthrough and was curious to try something new, having done pretty much everything I cared to in both original and SotFS versions. I'm just conflicted with whether I actually enjoy the modded experience. It's super refreshing to find shuffled enemies and even entirely changed zones, but that's not always for the best. I've gone through half the game so far (not counting DLC) and have Strong Words for the mod author, or just prospective players.

    The reason I prefer DS2 to DS1 or 3 is due to combat being slower, stamina being precious, and being encouraged to have a strategy going into places. The mod definitely scratches that itch, since the enemy type and placement shuffling has definitely made things harder. That doesn't mean it's inherently fun though, as I greatly resent the very beginning of the game for throwing you at stuff you are barely geared for. Having just cleared the lava zone too, congrats on figuring out how to make it more annoying. That said, there are cases of enemies being removed that greatly benefit the experience too. A bunch of the base game's notorious ambushes are tweaked or replaced, making places like the Bastille much more manageable. Even if the mod added their own assortment of hellish scenarios, often caused by some erroneous DLC enemies sprinkled around.

    One thing that has completely infuriated me though, is the oftentimes minor changes to bosses. I haven't played the game in a while, but I don't remember mages being absolutely garbage against the base game bosses. My god, I was doing double digit damage vs the skeleton lords (albeit creighton was summoned to do his quest line). I legitimately quit my mage entirely and created a dumb as bricks str build out of spite. Doing IMMENSELY better. The fights themselves at least are sometimes interesting. There was a cool gimmick to the big lava demon boss that I didn't really get to see due to greatsword deleting them too fast. Or maybe they got stuck.

    At least one thing the mod definitely has going for it is that the author learned some map editing. I'm talking about aesthetic things like a few areas just being much better decorated, to minor things such as paths being blocked off and ladders added to change the progression, to major things such as entirely new segments of a level and shortcuts. The Forest and Heides give you a solid introduction to that and start out strong, even if there are plenty of areas that have been barely touched up.

    I've been progressing in more or less bonfire fast travel order, which means that spider boss is up next, and then the rats. There's a lot of changes that make me question the author and mutter darkly about them, but I'm definitely going to finish it. Maybe even NG+ who knows. If you pick the mod up then good luck. I encourage you not to immediately uninstall before reaching Majula, I promise they only pull stuff like that a couple more times.

    submitted by /u/Arterra
    [link] [comments]

    How many of you know about the hot tub in the Frigid Outskirts?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    The first house has the Mirrah Hat, but did you know that the second house has a hot tub? Sometimes even the summoned NPC phantoms enter it (with some luck/pushing). It's great when you want to save some estus for the bossfight and requires a Pharros Lockstone to work.

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    What the hell is with with the censorship of names?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    I've always known that bad words get censored out of names when playing online, but me and my friends are doing a run and I decide to name my character Bilbo Baggins. Guess what shows up? Bilbo ***gins. Thank you ds2 for making me look like a homophobe

    submitted by /u/super_simp_sal
    [link] [comments]

    I FINALLY DID IT!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    After 13th attempt, I finally beat the game without bonfires and dying. Kudos to raw santier+5 and greatsword +10 for carrying my sorry ass.

    Now idk what to do with the rings...

    submitted by /u/AoiSamurai
    [link] [comments]

    I played dark souls 2 while my friends talked about cats

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Is there a way to leave after I beat the Throne Watcher and Throne Defender if I already have the Giant's Kinship?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    I love Dark Souls 2 (and the series as a whole) but there's this one, very simple thing I legitimately dislike about it.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    It's such a little missing detail that annoys me a lot. Why does armor with special effects doesn't show what the actual effects are in their description?

    I know they don't tend to be too game-changing, but when doing low level/low SM builds, this information is crucial.

    For example, I am doing a >40SM run, and I just learned that the map guy's hat gives me 1 Dex, which made my Knight char be able to handle the fire longsword.

    Having something like "+1 DEX" below the hat's description would make all the difference. But because of this, I have to stick the Wiki to know which of my items have a special effect, and what the actual effect is. Every time I want to see if a piece of armor in my inventory does something, I must check the entire list to get to know it. It's weird as the game has very detailed numbers on its Physical, Magical, Fire Defense, its weight, and so on, but they simply doesn't show if a piece or an entire set of armor have an extra effect.

    I wish there was some kind of mod or tool that could simply add this information in their description.

    I'll have a hard time coping with this. As a former YGO player, I guess I am too attached to descriptions and effects, so knowing that many armor sets (maybe even items?) have effects that are not listed in their description drives me up the wall. Such a great game. Why this, of all the problems?

    I guess that what I wanted to share. Sorry for the small rant, guys.

    Source: https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Armors+with+Special+Effects

    "Here is a list of armors that have *special effects that aren't readily noted in their item description*."

    submitted by /u/Wagnelles
    [link] [comments]

    Words cannot describe how mad I am

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    I went back to trying no death after a month long break from it, made it to the looking glass knight(yes, I finally made it to Drangleuc Castle without dying) and then died to his summon while trying to heal.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    I remind you to light up the giant torch in No-man's Wharf

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    you may see something funny, like this:

    https://youtu.be/DGJZ46C0hg0

    git gud

    submitted by /u/NavNic
    [link] [comments]

    tfw you watch a single lore video about the ivory king

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    How do you get Vendrick’s blessing in ng+

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    I have all the crowns do I just get the Ashen most heart in ng+ and get the blessing the normal ng it do I have to get the crowns again

    submitted by /u/chhaylab2
    [link] [comments]

    Finally finished this (sorry for my language) fucking game

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    You've probably seen a million of these posts but I just wanted to share my story.

    I believe this is the hardest game i've ever played. It is WAY, WAY harder than ds1, and I nearly went hollow IRL in earthern peak. The issue of not being able to parry like before, and the game spamming groups of enemies at you had made my experience pretty bad.

    I didn't really enjoy the game itself, but i kept pushing forward to enjoy the story and the atmosphere which is the game's strongpoint. Pure determination and advice from this sub got me trough the most cancerous parts of the game (earther peak, iron castle, brightstone cove tseldora and the absolute worst: hunters corpse)

    My experience was one of pain and patience, and having to fight like hell for every little dot of progress in the game. Even though i kinda hated the game, i loved it at the same time, beating some of those areas felt AMAZING. Even though ds1 is miles over imo i am incredibly proud of completing this monster of a videogame.

    All of my love goes out the lore and story of the game, which was AWESOME.

    To anyone who may struggle with the game: Whatever you do, don't you dare give up, skeleton!

    submitted by /u/TheTragicMagic
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else find Vendrick a stupidly hard boss or is it just me?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    Seriously, he has a 2 shot slam attack, 2 shot sweeps, has a ton of health unless you kill arguably the worst boss in the game, and he has a curse attack that sends you going back to the humanity shrine instantly, either I'm absolutely terrible at this game, or the Devs didn't think this boss out when designing it.

    submitted by /u/Varion8831
    [link] [comments]

    Help playstation 4

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    I need help with the Ancient Dragon and Vendrik (I read you can summon with small soapstone) I'm a miracles build level 140, soul memory 2,228,171.

    submitted by /u/AnAsainCook
    [link] [comments]

    Me game co op

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Would anyone like to do a co op run on Xbox 360

    submitted by /u/kingboyce7
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between 360 and XB1 SOTFS

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    So i booted up the old 360 last night for shits and giggles. Popped in DS2 SOTFS. Is it the vanilla, because enemy placement and chest items are very very different.

    submitted by /u/BrutalFuckingTruth
    [link] [comments]

    That NPC summon in Belfry Sol...

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    They need to give him more health he has too little!

    submitted by /u/RyanK17
    [link] [comments]

    Power stance Great sword.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    i have

    VIT 53

    STR 60

    Dex 60

    why can`t i enter great sword power stance ?

    great sword requirements are : STR 28 . Dex 10.

    even after having so much STR and dex it shows me E and A ranks only in these categories. what am i doing wrong??

    submitted by /u/ShinigamiOfPast
    [link] [comments]

    I need help

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    I killed three old ones which are:

    The giant spider

    The lost sinner

    And the rotten

    I think there is one more but idk where to go. Also there these doors each one is guarded by a Knight with a sun on his rectangular shield. It says it requires symbol something. I also found an area that has a bowl, similar to the lord's vessel from DSR

    submitted by /u/Nuahxos_1
    [link] [comments]

    Opponents not taking damage in PvP

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:50 AM PDT

    Hey all, I've been trying to get some more cracked red eye orbs because I've been absolutely hooked on abyss invasions so I've been giving the arena a shot... I'm fairly new but have been enjoying the pvp aspect a lot. Unfortunately, I've encountered an issue where my opponent just does not take any damage at all. Even when my attacks connect(heard through sound queues and animations), the health bar does not move. I've had this issue happen probably 75% of my matches so far and my latency has been more than well enough to handle online. I recorded a fight that has my issue(the one after the really short one), would love to know your thoughts! Thanks (:

    https://youtu.be/20XX3D2gQ5E

    TLDR: Arena opponents not taking damage, see second fight in video.

    submitted by /u/ComplexMotives99
    [link] [comments]

    Help me figure out which build I was working on

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I finished Dark Souls 2 on PS3 when it was released and on PC years later when the version with all DLCs was out.

    It is the only souls game where I am missing all trophies/achievements and I bought it again on PS4 some time ago to get them all with a totally new build. I started playing with a friend because the trophies with bosses and NPCs seemed "hard" but my friend lost interest and so we stopped playing when we were around Lost Bastille. Now some years later I want to finish it alone with this Charakter but I forgot which build I was working on. I think I wanted some Jedi Twinblade thing but I cannot find the link to it anymore. Can someone help me out with this when looking at my current char? 1

    submitted by /u/Weapyson
    [link] [comments]

    Looking Glass Knight Summon

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm currently idling in drangleic castle, and I've never actually managed to get summoned or summon any enemy players for the looking glass knight. If anyone else in interested in trying to be the invader or the host, please let me know.

    Edit: I'm on pc and SM 35mil

    submitted by /u/Triniom
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment