• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 11, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    To the guy who invaded my 5 year old... thank you.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    I just wanted to say thank you to ps4 user hypeman(not full username but not gonna post in case they don't want the publicity) for not ganking my 5 year old in undead burg last night.

    I made my son the char name "5 year old" so people would understand why he's so bad/noob/slow and it wouldn't be a surprise to any summons he received. Well he's been getting ganked quite a few times in undead burg. I haven't played a terrible amount of remastered compared to ds 2/3 so I forgot how bad gankers and twinks are in this area. Graveyard nito sword wielding twink 1 shoting him and then spamming point down was the one that really made him almost cry lol. I tried to help him a few times by taking the controller and trying to kill a couple of them when they'd invade but the armor, damage and skill difference was so vast that I didn't have even the slightest chance for my scrub ass to beat them lol.

    Eventually we made it past Taurus demon and we get to the bottom of the gargoyle bell. I'm watching him slowly... very slowly, but surely pick away at the black knight guarding the fire keeper soul. Hes gotten it down to half life poking it with the halberd when the dreaded "hypeman has invaded your world" and he says to me "dad when we die do we have to fight this boss over again?" And I tell him ya sorry buddy. So we both decided to just try and kill the knight before the invader killed him. Well he kept fighting the knight and eventually he got him. He was so focused on beating the knight that he forgot about the invader.

    We turn around and the floor has items on it and the invader is pointing down. I know 99/100 times a dung pie is what we'd get baited into taking and dying. So we both say let's see what happens... we pick them up and the first stack was 99 titanites, wow. Second stack is 99 large titanites, wtf??. 3rd stack is 99 titanite chunks.. 4th stack is 5 titanite slabs. Another stack is 30 humanity. Another stack is 35 twin humanities and the final stack is 50 souls of a great hero. My kid is so excited hes jumping up and down and smiling ear to ear. He can't believe a random person would just do this for us. All the bad feelings he got from getting ganked by twinks was erased in an instant.

    So thank you to hypeman, you made my son happier then you could possibly know. I know we sent you a dm but if you're reading this then thanks again m8. Not only did you cheer him up but you also reinvigorated his feelings towards the game. Now he's happier then I've ever seen him get playing any other games.

    Sorry for the rant m8s but I just really wanted to share that story.

    Here's when he was 2 or 3 just so people know his dedication to this series lol. https://imgur.com/a/ekKKn3p

    submitted by /u/Jibtech
    [link] [comments]

    My Dark Souls Island Recreated in Animal Crossing is complete. My house has turned to a love note to FromSoftware Games.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    A Poem On Having Beaten The Capra Demon On The 57th (at least) Attempt

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    Watching it fall While standing tall, The hardest And longest Of slogs,

    I raise my fist high And shout to the sky, "Take that, you bloody dogs!"

    Oh, cell of hell, Oh, pain-drenched box, From you I take my leave.

    From the goat's still form I take my reward.

    It's down to the Depths for me! Tee-hee!

    submitted by /u/JDDunsany
    [link] [comments]

    I love to hate this game

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    First playthrough, I get through Sen's Fortress after a couple hours (I really hate those serpents). I get to Anor Londo, decide to go back to Firelink Shrine to upgrade my pyromancy flame. I stop by the bonfire, then take the cage down. Get knocked into the pit by the blades and killed by the Titanite Demon.

    That's okay, I've fought these serpents and dodged those traps before. I take the cage back down, kill the serpent, land by the three serpent mages. I kill two of them, and the third kills me while I'm in the middle of chugging and Estus Flask. So long, 45k souls. God I love this game, but fucking hell.

    edit to add insult to injury, I had dropped down to the ledge where the Onion Knight was standing. I hadn't met him yet, so didn't notice him there since his armor blended into the rock backdrop. Like an idiot, I attacked an (already dead) serpent and hit the Onion Knight, who quickly killed me. Unfortunately, as I lay dying, I watched him fall to his death off the cliffside. Guess I'll never know what he wanted...

    submitted by /u/cagnusdei
    [link] [comments]

    Me: *is playing online* advice: "may the sun be praised" 1000 votes another advice: "fake wall" 32 votes. Ok

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    Sen's Funhouse

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    yo fuck this place

    submitted by /u/stonedtobajesus
    [link] [comments]

    "Chosen Undead" run

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    I was bored so I decided to play through the game as the chosen undead where i can only use the elite knight set, astora's straight sword, dragon crest and crest shield, pyromancy, and a long bow

    I had so much fun playing through the game like this. It felt like I was actually playing the game like how they wanted you to play it, running around feeling slow, and dying a lot.

    I didn't use the master key because I wanted to play through the whole game to make the run longer. This run was so fun that i even decided to do the DLC before defeating gwyn.

    submitted by /u/Walking_Wallace
    [link] [comments]

    Why do they call him big hat Logan ?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Chaos and the Abyss

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    So from what I understood, Chaos is the corrupt version of the fire soul that the witch of izalith got from the first flame, and the Abyss is what happened when the darksign corrupted the dark soul or something in that vein.

    So my question is; could this corruption can happen to Gwyn or Nitos soul too? What would the corrupted version of death or light even be called? Maybe it did and I overlooked it.

    This isn't a question with a proper answer probably. I just wanna see what the community thinks of it.

    submitted by /u/shitnestheaddead
    [link] [comments]

    My orchestral cover of the Slave Knight Gael OST (Phase 1)

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:07 AM PDT

    Hello,

    This is my cover of the Phase 1 Battle with Slave Knight Gael.

    This is one of my favorite Soulsborne battles of all time, and one that gave me a hard time. I managed to beat Gael only with a sliver of health.

    Also, I didn't realize, when I opened the file this week to finish this cover, that I started it 2 years ago.

    https://youtu.be/WXZ63tP16zI

    submitted by /u/leoniscaeli
    [link] [comments]

    Rickert of Vinheim

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CCfsXkNAjxo/?igshid=ic8nhv3lg22j

    Diversifying the fan art some to showcase more than Solaire, Firekeeper, and Artorias. Always sucked when it came to coloring so Dark Souls is an interesting place to draw reference. Any critique is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/nyeend
    [link] [comments]

    Coming to this game from Ds3... This game is so much harder.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    This game feels ridiculously challenging compared to Ds3. I feel like for multiple enemies(black knights, cathedral knights, garden golem knights, titanite demons, etc.) that they're literally almost impossible at this point in the game.

    I'm no Souls "noob" I've platinumed Ds3/Bloodborne/Sekiro, but this difficulty seems so inflated. All these enemies take no stagger, take 25+ hits to kill, and can 2 shot me even in decent armor.

    Does anyone have any advice? I'm a 2h strength/endurance build.

    submitted by /u/GoldWhale
    [link] [comments]

    The Dark Soul/Platinum

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    I am currently trying to get the Dark Soul achievement on Steam, just past O&S on NG+ and this achievement feels almost meaningless having used the wiki to check what I was missing for the Knight's Honour, Wisdom of a Sage, Prayer of a Maiden and Bond of a Necromancer.

    I also picked up a lot of info from lurking on the subreddit, and while those achievements would have been very hard for a blind completion, the only difficulty for wiki abusers like me is in getting halfway through NG+2.

    Be that as it may, if I hadn't used the wiki, I'd NEVER get the achievement at all because I hate being invaded and always play as a hollow, and thus I didn't even know that there are NPC phantoms 80 hours into the game.

    Does anyone else feel like the achievement has become almost meaningless (even from the player's perspective) having easy access to a checklist where it becomes merely about not fucking up your inventory and the perseverance to get halfway through NG+2?

    submitted by /u/Voeglein
    [link] [comments]

    VICTORY

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Tonight's accomplishments:

    Kalameet: dead(1 shot), was kinda disappointed

    Manus: dead(3rd try)

    Gwyn: dead(3rd try), 2nd try I fucked around with parrying wont be doing that shit again.

    I have finally beaten all bosses of Dark Souls.

    My record now is

    Dark Souls: beaten

    Dark Souls 2: about to start over

    Dark Souls 3: beaten(everything but Midir and Gael)

    Bloodborne: beaten(everything but Orphan of Kos)

    Feeling pretty good right now.

    submitted by /u/Raylara256
    [link] [comments]

    If I could forget one thing in my entire life it would be this series. Purely so I can experience it all over again.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    Ive played every game to death and i well passed the point where muscle memory, game knowledge and experience prevent me from being genuinely bad at anything the games throw at me, and knowing that makes me really depressed. Ive been playing since a bit before DS2 got announced and while playing a souls game during its peak a little after release is a massive part of what fond memories i have with the game, i really want that feeling of sucking at the game again. Even with souls-likes, sekiro and mods i still carry over fundamental skills that dont really allow for a truly new experience. Credit to my brother for the title when we were have a deep, existential talk about souls he mentioned that.

    submitted by /u/MrSheep7
    [link] [comments]

    What are the four kings weak against?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    Beginning to play dark souls for the first time.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    So I understand if people have asked this question before but how confusing is this series? I picked up dark souls remastered and dark souls 3... dark souls 2 I played a long time ago on my ps3 but I didn't really like it, dark souls 3 I played with some friends a long while back but they practically carried me so I didn't really get to experience anything on my own, but the first dark souls I haven't tried. I've beaten bloodborne about 3 times so I imagine the difficulty won't be a problem but game mechanic wise I'm sure it's different, rambling on here, but yeah the main question is how confusing is dark souls?

    submitted by /u/bubba_buddhist
    [link] [comments]

    Where should I use 20k souls

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    I'm a new player, I just got the gravesword and is now on my way to the pinwhell boss fight. I might succeed on killing him however I'm still not confident with my skills. I can't be bringing a mass of soul with me while exploring this game. Where should I use these souls? Should I dump it on str and dex? should I make my Hp bigger?

    submitted by /u/descusa
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat the game for the first time

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    It has slowly turned into one of my favorite games of all time. It took me 40 hours and 4 different starts to finally beat gwyn and all of the bosses, but in glad I stuck it through. I'm gonna have to ng+ right now because I already want to play it again

    submitted by /u/SabadaCheezits
    [link] [comments]

    I made this account in his honor

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    \[T]/ \[T]/ I will not ruin his image it's an alt account.

    submitted by /u/Solaire_of_Astora__
    [link] [comments]

    Sen’s fortress turned me into a murderer

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    I'm doing my NG+ run with my faith and strength build character and was doing siegmeyers quest so I can get the emit force miracle as it's the last one I need before having them all, I went to to the spot to meet him inside the fortress and my controller died (must have forgot to charge it last time and didn't see the pop up) while I was about to drop down to see him, then a boulder came and smacked me down and caused me to damage him which knocked him down the cliff killing him, I feel so bad even though I know I didn't mean to, guess I'll have to wait until NG+2 for the final miracle sadly.

    submitted by /u/Machokittycat
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat four kings on ng+3 and there’s no way I can do it on +4

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    What's the way to beat these guys at this point? I just fought tooth and nail to beat them on +3 and I don't think there's a chance in hell I can win +4.

    submitted by /u/bigbrainplays46290
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat Dark Souls!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys and dolls,

    I know it seems a bit trite to many of you but I finally beat this game! I've actually had DS since it came out but I could never get through the wall we all encounter at some point. For me it was Quelaag and I just couldn't be bothered. I would always pick it up every now and then but quit again when the going got tough.
    But this time I did it. I plowed through and got stuck again and again but I did it. I broke through that wall and parried the shit out Gwyn and linked the fire.

    And with that I have 2 questions. Is NG+ considerably harder than the first playthrough? And why do I see so many people walking around naked? I mean naked in this game...

    submitted by /u/Tweed_Man
    [link] [comments]

    I painted my boss's 3d printed Elite Knight

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment