• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 4, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    To the guy at the top of the ladder in the dukes archive prison...

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    You are not sneaky, I saw you peeking you head out to see if I was coming and I can sit here as long as necessary.

    Edit: He now knows I've seen him and we've been beckoning at each other for the past 10 minutes. I am not coming up there dude.

    Edit: After seeing that neither of us was willing to move I hatched a plan to turn the record player back on to muffle the sounds of me climbing up the ladder. It worked and I got to the top without him noticing. He was waiting around the corner so I rolled through the doorway and hit him with 3 wrath of the gods and killed him. He underestimated my power and the high ground did not save him.

    submitted by /u/thedailywumbo16
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck you Ornstein. Fuck you Smough. I love this game.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:10 PM PDT

    I did it. Holy shit. I though that would never end. So far in this game, I didn't really understand why this game was considered so hard. All of the bosses so far were... easily learnable. That doesn't mean they were easy, but once you sort of learned the moveset and strategies, you were maybe a try or two away from killing them. The iron golem actually fell asleep on me (was that a glitch. I hit it like twice and it didnt get up for the rest of the fight).

    The guys. They were different. You had to learn the moveset. You had to learn actual strategies to deal with that moveset. You had had to actually be concise with your swings cause Ornstein hopped around like a goddamn bunny. Even after all that, you then had to learn NEW strategies once you get into the second phase. It wasn't until today (after a few days of grinding this boss) that I was able to take out Ornstein consistently enough to learn Electro-Smough and how to counter his stuff (which my strategy ended up just dancing around the pillars and waiting for him to attack, and hoping he doesn't leap away, once I got that down didn't take a single hit on my actual kill).

    Jesus I am so fucking satisfied right now. This game is great. These bosses are great. Glad to have found this game after years of it just sitting unplayed in my steam library. But also fuck you Ornstein you piece of shit.

    Edit: Oh shit, you get the lordvessel right after. This is great. Worth it.

    submitted by /u/VeganBigMac
    [link] [comments]

    Heads up: Vaati's lore perspective isn't the "correct" one

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    This has never happened to me personally, but I've seen some times where people just dismiss a theory someone has by telling them to shut up and watch Vaati.

    I get it.

    His videos are well-presented and he makes some good points (also he has a smoooooth voice) but he's not the fucking messiah. He isn't "right". He is theorising like everyone.

    EDIT: This isn't a critique on Vaati, neither on his content or him as a person. I'm just stating that his interpretations are just that, INTERPRETATIONS. They are NOT facts and they should NOT be treated as such.

    submitted by /u/BibblesBaggins
    [link] [comments]

    I'm so excited to play for the first time

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    I just got Dark Souls remastered. I've never played any of them before, but I know of the games prestige and difficulty.

    Wish my luck on my journey.

    submitted by /u/throwawayforobviou2
    [link] [comments]

    Velka might be the most important and manipulating deity in Dark Souls

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    Velka is described as a rogue goddess, and cut content revealed that she had a rivalry with Gwyndolin (there was a cut covenant related to Velka that consisted in hunting down Blades of the Darkmoon). Her weapons were Occult-infused, occult weapons are meant to kill gods.

    Who rescues us form the asylum? A giant crow. The crows are a symbol of Velka. My theory is that SHE was the one that made up the prophecy of the Chosen Undead and sent a crow to pick up the one Undead that would kill the demon guarding the asylum, having the hopes that this Undead would become the Dark Lord. This is further influenced by the fact that when we ring the bell in the parish, Oswald, a worshipper of Velka, greets us, meaning Velka was waiting for this to happen.

    Say that the Chosen Undead linked the fire. Velka sees that her mission to destroy the gods and their age fails, and so goes on to establish Londor as well as mothering the three sisters of the Sable Church. Proof? The Vow of Silence miracle in DS3 says its a miracle from Londor, while DS1 said it was a miracle from Velka. Not only that, but Velka's devouts normally dressed in black robes, and so do the church members of Londor. What Velka is trying to do here is to finally bring justice to the gods after all they've done.

    EDIT: u/Kidemona pointed out that the linking of the fire is referrenced to be the first sin, and we know that Velka's job is to bring justice to sinners. They also added to further influence the connection of Velka and the Sable Church that Yuria sells the Ring of Sacrifice item, which is said to have been created by Velka.

    submitted by /u/BibblesBaggins
    [link] [comments]

    I've been playing Dark Souls so much lately that it gave me a nightmare

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I had a dream that I unequipped my FaP ring.

    No joke. I woke up in a sweat, turned on my pc, ran Dark Souls, and checked. I didn't.

    quiet sobbing

    submitted by /u/skymoose_
    [link] [comments]

    Someone cosplaying Patches almost killed me in the undead parish

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    I was leaving my summon sign trying to grind out gargoyle kills to make joining the sunlight warriors easier, when someone named "trusty ol' patches" summoned me. I was immediately smiling and wondering what he was up to. He had me walk out if the church and past the gate and towards the boar when he shut the gate behind me. If you are reading this, I'm sorry I ruined your thing by surviving and killing the boar. I wasn't thinking about you :( 10/10 would be summoned again

    submitted by /u/Dor-Yah
    [link] [comments]

    Why every character in Dark Souls laughs

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    I have a theory as to why every single character In Dark Souls laughs at you with no apparent reason. You know how you only hear what the others are saying but never actually hear the chosen undead speak? Well, I think he has some really good joke he just says to everyone he meets. I really want to figure out what this joke is. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Chosundead
    [link] [comments]

    Kiln of the first flame is the best end game area in all of soulsbournekiro

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    I just beat Dark Souls again on the switch, and I was floored at how good the kiln of the first flame looked. There's so much hype around it too, you go down into that lower area with the lord vessel, and then go on a journey to collect 4 tough ass souls, only then to reveal the final climactic area.

    I love all the soulsbornekiro games, but the hunters dream on fire, the cool field in sekiro, the weird throne room in dark souls 2, and the weird ringed city pre-lude area in dark souls 3 don't hold a candle to the kiln.

    I rarely post but having just killed Gwyn has filled me with joy and energy and I just have to talk about this shit somewhere!

    submitted by /u/EmceeDoubleD
    [link] [comments]

    Boss Journal (update 2)

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    Boss Journal (update 1)

    I decided to make a journal with my boss experiences. Im a blind, first time player in ds1 but played ds3 for 400+ hours

    My starting class is warrior with the general key as the gift

    First Boss- Asyl Demon - 2 deaths

    Tried to fight him twice, died, and took the normal way. I even created a nee character just to kill him with bombs but i know i wont play strength so i switched back. Took 80% of his life with my broken sword and killed him first try with the normal equipment.

    Second boss- Bell Gargoyles - 6 deaths

    God i hate those two. Killed the first one first try but that second fucker jumped down and fire blasted me. Second try i cut hid tail by accident and got killed cause i was confused why im holding that Gargoyles dick in my hand. Died a few times (4 more, one time i felt down) but killed them with the dragon tail sword. You can apparently cut every tail in this game

    Third boss- Taurus Demon - 0 deaths

    Killed him first try. He is similar to the demons in dark souls 3 and i used the AI against him. Easy so far

    Fourth boss- Capra Demon - 0 deaths

    Honestly, even tho the places is smaller than my brain i got his ass kicked. The dogs where harder than him

    Fifth Boss- Chaos Witch Quelaag - 3 deaths

    First time i nearly killed her but i got caught in her legs. Second try the fire killed me and third try was easy. The hardest thing is to watch her torso and dodge the attacks. If you lock her you cant see her torso.

    Sixth boss- moonlight butterfly- 0 deaths

    A joke of a boss. Rolled into his magic and never got hit. Killed him after his second landing. Was confused why i cant hit him but waited while trying to shoot him with arrows

    Seventh boss - Great Grey Wolf Siff - 2 deaths

    Nearly killed him him the first try but his spinning attack got me. Second try he destroyed me instantly. 3rd try i killed him with like 7 hp left

    Eighth boss - Iron Golem - 0 deaths

    Tbh i summoned the npc but only cause it was so far away from the boss room, i didnt even realised he followed me till the end. But the fight was hard with the npc. I rather have the boss locked on me that hitting his back hoping his next attack isnt a wide swinged one. Stayed under him and poked him to death

    Ninth boss - Ornstein and Smough - 1 death

    I just killed them. First try i killed smough in like 30 seconds and was suprised how easy it is. Them the 2 phase started for the first time at any boss and Daddy Ornstein wooped me out of existence. Second try i lured him as far away from smough as possible and hugged him while poking with my silver knight straight sword. Big Mommy Smough is much easier and basically the same as first phase but crispy. Lightning smash attack and his hammer run were the hardest attacks to dodge or block

    Tenth boss - Pinwheel - 0 deaths

    I... didnt even got hit. He just spins in the air and makes copies of him not doing anything. The fucking catacombs are the worst area after Blighttown

    Eleventh boss - Darksun Gwyndolin - 1 deaths

    That boss is very very very annoying. Died first time while figuring the attacks out. Got killed by these flying balls of doom. But he was fairly easy and the music was awesome

    Tbc

    submitted by /u/Bananak47
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck with a broken sword in Anor Londo

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    Just went through Sen's Fortrrss and arrived at Anor Londo, only to realize my claymore is almost broken and I forgot to buy a repairbox.

    Do i have to go all the way back to Andre? Thanks

    submitted by /u/sddfs0213
    [link] [comments]

    I hear everyone say O&S is one of the hardest fights in the game, is it?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    I thought it was a genuinely fun fight, it's like getting ganged up on but not at the same time. I found it just a bit challenging though, not really difficult

    submitted by /u/Destroyer-Of-Realms
    [link] [comments]

    HA! I BEAT MANUS. FUCK YOU, RED EYED MAGIC MONKEY

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/NLD5LPA

    Unfortunately I forgot to start my stream so it's not recorded...

    But I did it by wearing havel's armor, with the child's mask, the big round stone shield, zweihander +15, and Sif

    I'm happy

    submitted by /u/skymoose_
    [link] [comments]

    Just noticed in Lost Izalith, even the undamageable round statues(the ones that shoot fire as enemies) still move and sway around.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    Sorry, don't have a video, just go check it out the next time you're there. Maybe it's not all of them, and it's subtle, but some definitely do.

    submitted by /u/midwestcreative
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat the game!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    I'm going to go sit in a cold shower and cry, then go get groceries, then come back and play Dark Souls 3 lol

    submitted by /u/skymoose_
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys figure out the questlines?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    Am I just an idiot or its this common to fuck up quests? I mean the game is relatively easy thus far and ive beaten most bosses in very few tries or the first try, and I have one boss left before the lordvessel which is whatever is in the catacombs past Pinwheel.

    But some of these quests or story progressions are so vague like...do you guys all just follow online guides? Or just trail and error/multiple playthroughs? I activated lordvessel b4 killing four kings, so couldnt get the red orb, then the pyromancer from firelink is now dead cause I told him yes to whatever he asked me and he gets himself killed and I didnt upgrade my pyro flame to +10 so Quelana will never come cause I also beat the Bed of Chaos before finding her...and OH I killed Eingyi too he was blocking the door and didn't speak or have any dialogue(couldnt speak to him) so i murdered him cause he was blocking my bonfire and figured he was just a stupid enemy, cause you know, he looked like one.. Apparently he was a pyro trainer as well. it's just a bit annoying. I guess NG+ I know now but I wanna play other games so I'll prolly come back to the ds series after a long break.

    In the end its all "trivial" stuff messed up but it's still cruel.. I mean I wouldve liked to do some PVP and have pyromancy buffed as a option for ranged NPCs. Least if there was a save and load feature I could undo some of my mistakes -.-. But even something like Quelana, why does she need to be "timed" what does it matter if I beat Bed of Chaos, why "punish" me for progressing the game and exploring?

    Fun game and I appreciate it being raw and will still recommend it to ppl, but I cant be the only one to think some of it is a bit too much?

    submitted by /u/TrynaBuySomeFriends
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if you die after killing Gwyn?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    So let's say, you kill Gwyn, you get his soul, so presumably he won't respawn. If you had some way of killing yourself before you could trigger any of the endings, does anything in particular happen? If you ended up back at your bonfire it would be a useful way of getting Gwyns soul but without triggering an ending. I searched online but couldn't find an answer.

    submitted by /u/LunarLionheart
    [link] [comments]

    Hey fellow soulers

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    Hello fellow soulers. I hope all is well! I'm thinking about starting this game soon. I've never played it before and was wondering if there's any tips?

    Many thanks!

    submitted by /u/scriney93
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an Item that gives you passive HP Regeneration?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:18 AM PDT

    Maneater Mildred vs Four Kings

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    I just had 10 seconds of the most fun in some recent years (clip)

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    Will there be Dark Souls 4?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    Cause I was wondering in the news and saw Dark Souls Season 4 coming back? can't tell if this is real or not, but I'll be waiting

    submitted by /u/MrFORGETYT
    [link] [comments]

    Best primary and secondary weapon for a pure faith build? I was thinking about claymore, zwei, man serpent GS,...(divine). Can you recommend any other weapons?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    Going into dark souls blind is a real challenge

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    So I'm not new to from software having played bloodborne, and I did attempt dark souls years ago on PS3 but didn't get far. Think I was too young to get it back then.

    I decided to go in blind and try to experience as much as I could without looking at a guide. I wanted to pick the weapon I liked and figure out boss tactics, but I finally gave up after the moonlight butterfly. To be clear it's is not because of the challenge, I've played other similar game before and picked up the mechanics fairly quickly but the game does not explain where to go. I made it to the firelink shrine and spent about 2 hours fighting/running past immortal ghosts, then found another route fighting near impossible skeletons. After another hour I just started jumping off cliffs hoping I could figure out where to go before I noticed that damn path behind the bonfire. All is going well, I made some mistakes but figured out where to go and what to do. That is until I got to the moonlight butterfly. I beat that boss and got a divine ember and a key and a homeward bound. Couldn't see any path so figured I had to backtrack. Went to the door in the garden but the key did nothing, went though the whole burg and parish trying to figure out where to go. After about 4 hours I have up and looked it up and found out it's a door before the dragon which I didn't even notice seeing as the game is full of decoration doors.

    I need to know, am I just a moron who missed something or some kind of clue or is it supposed to be this hard figuring out how the pathways work.

    submitted by /u/Bennu-Babs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment