• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 4, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    For some reason, Dark Souls 2 thinks I'm online even though I never paid for the PS Plus Subscription.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:33 AM PDT

    I'm seeing phantoms, bloodstains and messages.

    How has this happened? As I said in the title, I never paid for a PS Plus Subscription. I always play offline. I'm extremely confused.

    submitted by /u/Riceifyouwould
    [link] [comments]

    Confessions of a Dark Souls 2 hater

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    I first started playing dark souls 2 sotfs on PS4 around 2018 after beating DS3 and Bloodborne. I hated the game and stop playing it after getting as far as No-Man's Waft

    I finally got back to playing it in June 2020 as part of my quest to get all the trophies in the Souls series and it was my last game to get all the trophies so I reluctantly started to play it again. I even made a post on this subbreddit saying the game was trash (on an old account, not this one)

    I once more hated it and even tried playing it drunk to see if I could bare to play it. That did not help. I was close to just smashing the disk so I wouldn't put myself through this "torture."

    I thought I would give it one more shot and made my 5th character. I thought I would just try and cosplay as guts and run the greatsword with the caetus so I could bare the pain as at least it felt like berserk.

    This playthrough just clicked and really started to enjoy the game and as of yesterday I finally beat DS2 SOFTS. I would still say it's my least favorite souls but I really have started to like the game and changed my opinion on it. Now I will get all the trophies and beat the dlcs.

    submitted by /u/throughthevalley77
    [link] [comments]

    Is running supposed to be delayed?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    When I press B to run my character walks for a split second before running it's really small and nit picky but I've died more time to my character not running than to any boss so far it's really annoying me

    submitted by /u/Whyusertakenlied
    [link] [comments]

    Day 12 of my first playthrough of this game: Fume Knight, Sir Alonne, and Frozen Eleum Loyce.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Finished the second DLC, and have made quite some progress in the third one. Here's my opinion on everything I saw today:

    1. Fume Knight. Took me 9 attempts, but would have been much lesser than that if his second phase didn't take away 75% of my health with one hit. That sword's hitbox is MASSIVE. And speaking of hitboxes, it is ridiculous that I still take the same amount of damage when he's slowly bringing his sword back (you know what I'm talking about, right? That attack in which he somehow buffs his sword even further, and does a rather slow horizontal swipe. I don't see how it does damage when his sword's not even moving anymore), as I would when hit by a normal attack. Other than that, though, I liked the fight. I do wish his second phase did a little less damage, but of course I can't have everything.

    2. The run up to Sir Alonne. This is the worst run to a boss I can recall from any game in the series (although I haven't played Demon's Souls, so I can't judge anything from that). I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they designed this. The knights are troublesome enough on their own, but then they added Archers and Salamanders to make it even more punishing. Plus, in the second room, there are holes in the floor. So keep that in mind as you're dodging arrows, sword thrusts, and fireballs from below. This was hell to go through, and I'm honestly glad I don't have to be here ever again.

    3. Sir Alonne. This is definitely one of, if not the best boss fight in this game. The music is great, the visuals are a treat, and the boss itself is quite fun to fight. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dreading dying here, which would force me to go through that gauntlet again. This certainly took away a bit of the enjoyment, but not too much. If we're talking about only the fight itself, then the only thing I can actually criticise is the hitbox on the grab attack. In case you don't remember, Alonne will sometimes thrust his sword and impale you, then raise it high and fling you away. The problem is, if you get hit by the thrust, you will be impaled, no matter what, and Alonne will go through with the attack. This resulted in moments of some absolute ludicrousness where I would just get clipped by the sword, but still complete the dodge roll, be a significant distance away, and then somehow get teleported back onto his sword so that he could do the attack. This was genuinely quite frustrating, and, as mentioned previously, the knowledge of what I had to do to get back here in the event of my death made it even worse, and dragged it down from being a perfect, 10/10 boss fight (for me, at least). 6 deaths to this Samurai.

    4. Frozen Eleum Loyce. Yet another of those areas that are visually amazing, but are brought down by enemy design and placement. The ganks here aren't the most egregious in this game, but can still be quite vexing, for me, at least. I'd like to mention here two specific places: (a) that open area where there's a fountain in the middle, three soldiers behind that, two spellcasters behind those soldiers, and a witch (I don't know their name, sorry; the white-robed and hooded women who seem passive at first, but only attack after you've gone past) behind you as you enter, and (b) the area where there's around 3-4 Ice Porcupines, three spellcasters above you, plus Hexer Nicolai, an NPC invader. These are the two places I had the most trouble with. I also have a small confession to make here: I went right from the entrance to the city, and explored the entirety of it, only to loop back around and realise that the fog gate to the boss was right there, to the left all along. Surely it couldn't all be skipped so easily, though, right? There must be a purpose to going all the way around?

    5. Aava, the King's Pet. Second attempt. Not too much to say about this one, seemed like a standard beast type boss. But I did notice from the Soul Description, though, that the King had seven pets in total. So I wouldn't be surprised if, at a later point in the DLC, I had to fight two (or even three) of these as regular enemies. After seeing the Covetous Demon here, the Executioner's Chariot in Drangleic Castle, the Flexile Sentry in the Saltfort, the Dragonrider in the Undead Crypt, and the Pursuer in multiple locations, I've gotten used to the fact that this game likes reusing bosses as normal enemies.

    6. After defeating Aava, I reached the Grand Cathedral. Instead of Vicar Amelia, though, here I was greeted by Alsanna, who seems like the Queen of this place. After talking a while, I was told that "The winds over Eleum Loyce have dispersed", or something like that. So I went back out, and realised that all the ice must have thawed, so I'll probably have to go through the area again. I was also told about some Knights (one of them seems to be waiting outside the fog gate), and I've found another of them; the one that is in the tower near where you can hit a snowball to make it roll down a hill, create a massive boulder of snow, and crush the three enemies on the broken bridge. I don't know where the others are, though.

    7. Finally, a question. Some of you might have read a post I made a few hours ago, describing how I was suddenly playing in online mode. Well, turns out everyone has 2 free days of PS Plus, so hooray. Anyway, to the point: While I was playing online, I'd reached the bonfire just after Hexer Nicolai's invasion (it was called Lower.... something, I think). Two rooms above this bonfire, I found a player who was completely white. He looked a little like one of those invisible enemies in the Shaded Ruins. At first, I thought it was just another phantom. Then, much later, I realised he was following me. Then, as soon as I got close, he attacked. I survived his assault by heroically running away, but unfortunately got killed minutes later by an Ice Porcupine. This must be what they call an invasion, I thought (I'm really sorry, but I've never done PVP in my life, so this is all new to me). But then, when I respawned, and went back up, there he was, back in the same room. We even exchanged emotes. But then, as soon as I turned my back, he charged at me again. My question is: what is this supposed to be? Was it an invasion? There wasn't a name displayed above the character. And he didn't leave my world even after I died. Is this something that happens to everyone playing online?

    Anyway, that's enough for this post. Hope you have a good day.

    submitted by /u/Riceifyouwould
    [link] [comments]

    How many levels do I need until dark santiers spear surpasses raw

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    I wanna use it, and so it be better with a buff,I'm currently 41,41 faith int

    submitted by /u/Mr-kabuk
    [link] [comments]

    Sir Alonne is bs

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    I'm not talking about the boss itself, it's actually good. But the enemies you need to walk past to get there.

    How am I supposed to reliably run past 20 alonne knights who all have an instant swing attack the second they get close to you?

    I really like this game but it's areas like this where I always heavily reconsider if uninstalling the game wouldn't be more fun than to keep playing.

    submitted by /u/Lord_of_Sulfur
    [link] [comments]

    pls help

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    I am new to dark souls and I started today with the game dark souls 2 softs and I think it's too hard for me because I don't understand anything when I am at Majula I go to these big guys with armor and they always one hit me so I delete my character and start over and over so I am asking for some advice like which weapon to use or what the potions can do or where to go after I arrive at Majula

    submitted by /u/aurxrq
    [link] [comments]

    Hex build

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    Can you guys give me advice on making a hex build, and can I do it with large weapons acquired early game?

    submitted by /u/thesaucychicken484
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Knight is the best designed boss I’ve ever played against

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    Mind you, I've only played DS1 and it's DLC along with DS2 and it's first two DLC so far. However, Fume Knight imo, design wise, puts all the bosses I've played against so far to shame. The only one I'd argue that comes maybe somewhat close is Artorias, but even with him, his attacks were so predictable. I just beat Fume Knight after maybe 8-9 tries but as soon as his second phase hits, oh man you better focus because one mess up and you're done. I also loved that you really have to conserve your stamina in this fight. You'll dodge, dodge, dodge, and then hit right? No, no, no. Sometimes you just have to dodge however many times and wait to put a hit in later then you'd want or else your stamina will drain to nothing and you'll be combo'd to bits. Epic fight. What do you think? Best boss of the first two games in your opinion or what?

    submitted by /u/RJ_Franick
    [link] [comments]

    Best mid-game dark weapons?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    (TLDR at the bottom if you're not interested in the context)

    I started my build as a sorcerer, moved toward hexing asap with the best support weaponry I could find along the way; dagger, then longsword 2 handed, then fire longsword 2h, now I've changed that into a dark longsword +5 and been relying on that for a minute (along with my spells of course).

    I focused on leveling hex related stats first, currently sitting at:

    12 VGR

    20 END

    6 VIT

    30 ATN

    10 STR

    14 DEX

    10 ADP

    30 INT

    30 FTH

    SL109

    I most recently put 4 points into DEX so I could try out the chaos rapier, which I've heard is a good dark weapon. Uninfused it deals pretty comparable damage to my current dark longsword +5 actually, although the latter has much better AOE and slightly better damage. The rapier seems like it has lots of damage to potential, but is really limited due to it's small hitbox and parry strong attack, so I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have spec'd for this weapon. Good thing I have a soul vessel.

    The Sacred chime hammer and Crypt Blacksword look like better options, although I'm going to have to spec heavily into strength just to be able to wield them 2 handed, so that's likely more of a late game weapon goal.

    TLDR: Given that I'm going for a cast-focused build with a strength based weapon on the side end-game (although I'm not completely set on this lol, if there's a better dex alternative I might go for that), what are my best weapon investment options for the midgame? I'm already doubting whether spending the materials on this dark longsword +5 was worth it. What's a good dark weapon that's worth investing into for the mid-game? The roaring halberd looks decent, although I used my skeleton lords soul unfortunately (can I get it back with a bonfire ascetic? Not totally sure how those work yet). I've heard the silverblack spear is a good option too. Mace of insolence also sounds interesting.

    Bonus question: How about staffs and chimes? I've been using a sorcerer's catalyst +5 but I'm trying to get the sunset staff upgraded and dark infused since I've heard that's better. Also using a sacred chime +1 for the occasional miracle or two (usually just use heal). Witchtree staff looks interesting

    Extra super special bonus question: And shields? I'm rocking a large leather shield in my off hand for lack of better ideas lol

    submitted by /u/ShaolinShade
    [link] [comments]

    The Dark Soul

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    I made it a personal goal to earn Platinum Trophy in every From Software game available for PS4 and after 111 hours, 13 minutes, 43 seconds I've completed Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin!

    I finished at Level 244 with a Soul Memory of 13,422,540. I played mostly offline so I had to play until NG+2 to attain all the Spell, Miracles, and Pyromancies (Sunbro'd to rank up in the Heirs of the Sun Covenant because I enjoy helping others).

    I've played and earned the Platinum Trophy in Dark Souls: Remastered, Bloodborne, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and there's always one thing I love about each game that makes it unique from the others.

    In Dark Souls II, I enjoyed the sheer variety of play-styles available and being able to reallocate stats as many times as I want to try out new builds. I started as a DEX-focused Espada Ropera build, in NG+ I switched to a Quality build to use the Red Iron Twinblade, switched to a INT/FTH build just to take on Darklurker, and eventually finished with a Quality/FTH build using Miracles and the Dragonslayer Spear. There is a wide variety of weapons available and all are viable in PvE and I enjoyed being able to experiment.

    As for the bosses, while I did think there were too many humanoid knight-like enemies, I enjoyed the majority of them. I'm so glad I'll never have to face Shulva's Gank Squad boss. I beat Burnt Ivory King on the first try, never lost to Fume Knight once in all play-throughs, did a no damage run against Smelter Demon twice, but I always hit a wall against them.

    All in all, my journey through Drangleic was long but great. I think Dark Souls II is a great sequel to Dark Souls that introduced great new mechanics while still maintaining the ethos of the original. Now I'm on to Dark Souls III!

    TL;DR - Platinum'd DS2: SotFS and think it's a great sequel. Hate gank squads.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/ALEiRWC

    submitted by /u/weeping-eye
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    What's are the most important things you should skill as a knight and what should I skill first.

    submitted by /u/aurxrq
    [link] [comments]

    stamina

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    Hello I started this game like 3 days ago and I keep having stamina problems it feels like it's eating my stamina when I try to kill a enemy I do like 2 rolls and then hit him with my sword and then he instant gets me like in a combo or something and then I die or I am low hp so I need some tips like increasing your stamina or some dodging tips

    submitted by /u/aurxrq
    [link] [comments]

    ChaseTheBro is revisiting Dark Souls 2 - Let's Welcome him to the pvp playground

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    Where you @ RoyalDurk / Gods / Rainbow / Solid

    https://youtu.be/JkL56bt-Oo4

    submitted by /u/S7-Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Just started and...

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    Am I doing something wrong? I'm hardly an expert but I was able to finish DS3 without too much difficulty, meanwhile I'm struggling to get through some of the beginner areas in this game. I feel underpowered as hell, a single basic enemy can kill me if I'm not careful, and most of the time I'm facing a lot more than a single enemy. I can't even run from them cause they'll follow you until the ends of the earth apparently. Lately I've just been killing the same enemies over and over until they stop respawning, but that's both no fun and feels like the wrong way to play. Is there anything I can do to adapt my playstyle for this game, or do I just need to git gud?

    submitted by /u/sadclown12321
    [link] [comments]

    Hello friends!!! Wanted to spread the word that I just began a walkthrough of DS1 on Youtube! Details inside.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    Hey fellow Dark Souls bois (and ladies),

    I'm a teacher and aspiring author and recently wanted to share my love of the Seki-Souls-Borne...Ring (please Miyazaki) series with the world, so I started a play-through of DS1! Initially I thought it'd be more lore-heavy but it's quickly turning into a kind of "Dark Souls, Cracked Edition." Random cutaways, silly jokes, etc. I'd love for any other lovers of the game to hop aboard and join me in this journey. I'm three episodes in and have no intention of stopping! Of course, like, comment and subscribe if you wish.

    First episode is here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=073R88MHDgQ&feature=youtu.be

    Watch it to laugh with me, at me, or if you just want some background noise. Of course, critiques are welcome. One small note - I can't change the audio besides volume or balancing at the moment as my equipment's a bit humble.

    submitted by /u/JSGOLDAuthor
    [link] [comments]

    Heids Tower help

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    Greetings all,

    After restarting with a new character I've found the game infinitely easier, but I'm having trouble both at FotFG with those TMNT looking dudes w the clubs, but especially at heids tower!

    I have a mace, a nice shield and decent str and vig. Any tips or advice?

    Edit: I'm on SoTFS and on ps4

    submitted by /u/Glen-W-Eltrot
    [link] [comments]

    What’s on the ceiling of the Undead Crypt?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    In the hallway leading to Velstadt, I'm able to lock on to something that's hanging on the ceiling. I didn't have a torch at the time, but I tried to throw a lightning spear with no response. I believe there were two targets, so I'm not sure if they were more hidden butterflies.

    submitted by /u/ScorpioTheScorpion
    [link] [comments]

    Can we rant about these Invaders please �� I'm barely making it to the Boss , I can't deal with a human on the way �� any Hero to help me ? I died like a billion times

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    [Spoilers] Can't invade a certain character, not sure why

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    So, I'm almost at 100% completion, but I need Livia's miracle. I killed her without using the orb on my, and now I'm on ng+.

    I have killed her in both drangelic and the crypt, have the crushed eye orb, and the king's ring. She is in Majula, and I exhausted her dialogue. I'm really kind of lost. Last game it vibrated (the orb), but I didn't know I had to use it. This game, it won't vibrate. I'm really confused. Does anyone know why this might be ? Do I have to kill great ones or something? (I only killed 1). Any help would be nice.

    Edit 1: being hollow does not work. I went to her hollow, I could not invade

    submitted by /u/inthebushes321
    [link] [comments]

    Weapons that hit way harder than expected when infused?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    I'm looking for weapons that react unusually well to infusion. For example, the Bandit Axe seems to hit way harder than you'd expect with any elemental infusion at my current stats: at 60/40 str/dex, 67/67 int/faith I'm getting 563 sheet AR and hitting for ~835 on average with 2h r1s on Giant Lord (with counter damage, RoB+2, Dark Clutch ring, and Resonant Weapon). Comparable axes/setups have about ~100 sheet AR less for me. I think the Ice Rapier also seems to work this way; it's got ~500 sheet AR (around 50 more for me than the other infused rapiers) and has been my go-to for Giant Lord farming.

    In other words, I'm just looking for different weapons to stall my slow descent into madness as I bully the Giant Lord into oblivion. I've got a bunch of the inherent elemental damage weapons and rotate them out, so I guess I'm really wondering about ones that start as pure physical and then gain a lot of damage when infused.

    submitted by /u/butts101
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat anchent dragon on first playthrough first try

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    A friend bet me 50 bucks I could not beat the anchent dragon first try and I did I think he is actually really easy you just have to kite the correct attacks. I am not trying sound all awesome or anything (the smaller demon took me 57 tries) but I just want to share my joy (and my friends lack of faith :p).

    submitted by /u/GeomadTheBlackKnight
    [link] [comments]

    I could post this in any dark souls sub or bloodborne sub, and it would hold true: there is a good to great chance someone has watched you die and thought to themselves, what a dumbass, how could they die here?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    I'm sure it has happened to me more than once

    On another note, they themselves after thinking that, might have died the same way

    submitted by /u/02grimreaper
    [link] [comments]

    I’m a Dark Souls vet who just died to Prowling Magus in NG...twice. AmA.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    Edit: 4 times

    submitted by /u/SilviOnPC
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment