• Breaking News

    Friday, July 3, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The Souls equivalent to the DVD logo landing in the corner...

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    Beat the final bosses, had a lot of fun

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    Before I started playing DS2 (entirely in co-op with my gf) I tried not to think too much of the negative things people said about the game. Despite having a positive mindset, I found myself complaining about the MANY flaws this game has (weird animations, too many enemies, Agility mechanic, mostly uninspired and incoherent level design, areas where you're forced to use Homeward bones, enemies delaying attacks), but also appreciated the improvements to the first game (fast travel at the start of the game, combat system, healing system, balanced backstabs, weapon variety, FINALLY AN UPGRADE SYSTEM THAT MAKES SENSE). I started as a Bandit with a pure DEX build, tanky and tried Rapiers, bows and Uchigatana (RIP) and got the Jester's Set, then I focused on OPoison and tried double Halberds and Raw Santier's Spear until, later in the game, I found out about Power Stance and ended as a 60 STR double GS fast roll build.

    And that is when I started to love this game. When I played DS1 I just spammed DEX Claymore and pyromancies, and later on I tried Zweihander and a couple more weapons but the bow felt so underwhelming, poison was not a thing and I don't even know where to get poison arrows: but this game adds even more variety, almost everything seems viable (even though there are OP weapons ofc). Also, shoutout to the second and third DLC (the last one I have yet to finish), because I love the level design and Brume Tower reminds me so much of DS1. Lately I've been helping a lot of people on PC with the DLC bosses, especially with Fume Knight, and it's surprising that, despite the many criticisms, this game is more alive than DS:R

    I only have two regrets. The first one is choosing Bandit: starting with 1 INT and 2 ATN might be very limiting if you want to build hex or just be a sorcerer with DEX since you have to spend a lot of points. The second one is playing without following the lore, which I found less interesting than the one of the first game. Not counting that there aren't many DS2 lore videos on YT, not as much as DS1. I'm gonna do some research soon, I think there ARE some parallelisms to the first game (four great souls, link the fire, a king that went hollow).

    submitted by /u/Missile9S
    [link] [comments]

    I hate myself so let's start a clear everything tun

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    So I decided to do a stupid run that doesn't need skill, but a lot of determination... or stupidity and selfhatred. In my new run i hav to kill every enemy that is despawnable until it...well despawns. Another rule: Befor I can try to attempt the boss of a area or proceed to the next one, I have to clear the whole area.

    So yeah that's gonna be a long one. I will do all sidequests aswell. If people are interested I can give updates when i cleared each area.

    Additionally I will stream this... Thing on twitch if someone wants to look at my suffering.

    http://www.twitch.tv/armady1

    Thanks for reading. :D

    Edit: I misspelled run in the title.... Fml

    submitted by /u/Sgt_Thorag
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 is insanely underrated

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    So I've just completed DS2 and all the DLC and while it does have a different feel to the other soulsborne games It has SO MUCH MORE CONTENT.

    I first played BB then DS3, then DS remastered before playing DS2. And I'll be honest with all the negative hype On the interweb I was hesitant on buying SotFS.

    So damn glad I picked it up for $10 because I put in more hours into one run of DS2 than the other 3 combined. Not to mention the sheer amount of online messages / death spots is considerably higher than the other soulsborne games. That instantly cued to me that there's a lot of people playing DS2 and the community is healthy as fuck.

    If you are in wondering whether or not to pick up DS2, I can't recommend it enough. Yes parts will make you want to throw your controller (you're playing a dark souls game). Yes it feels different from ds 1 and 3 but then again all 3 are quite different from one another.

    submitted by /u/themassee
    [link] [comments]

    Golden sparkles (the "little ones")

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    So, does anyone actually know what are the golden sparkles around Drangleic? Here's a few examples of where i can remember i've found them:

    • When the Milfanito sing, they appear around the lizard men in Shrine of Amana and i don't know exactly what are the effects they cause but I've noticed the lizard men less agressive, and is described by the Milfanito who we can talk to as the "little ones" and they sing to confort the dead
    • In King Vendrick's corpse, where you can loot the King's Ring
    • Around the Giants trees where you can access Giant Memories

    They seem to emit a sound and I've been wondering what exactly is iheir purpose. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/EvelynEidas
    [link] [comments]

    Day 11 of my first playthrough of this game: Elana, Sinh, and Brume Tower.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Didn't play for as much time today as normal. Two bosses, and one (whole, I think) area. Here's my opinion on all of them:

    1. Elana, the Squalid Queen. On my first attempt, I got overwhelmed by the skeletons + the exploding orbs she throws at you, and died within minutes. On my second attempt, I played more defensively, waiting to see if she's casting anything, and only then going for a hit (on the skeletons, that is). After I killed the second batch of skeletons, I had her somewhere near half health (somewhat less than that, I think). I thought, "Eh, this is going to be easy. Seems rather straightforward." And then Velstadt popped out of the ground. I spent a good 5-7 minutes running around the arena, my priority being to not die, rather than killing Elana. My hastily formed plan was to draw Velstadt away, then go in for a few hits (2 or 3 at most) on the Queen herself. Problem is, she also teleports, so separating them became a bit challenging. Still got her on that same attempt, but it was definitely one of the most tense fights I've had, mainly because I immediately panicked upon seeing Velstadt.

    2. Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon. It's no Darkeater Midir, but it's still a fun fight. I have no idea how to dodge the fireballs he throws from the air (or his swoop downwards while breathing fire), because the hitbox seems quite large. Also, I found it just a tad annoying that merely the act of him landing on the ground damages you about as much as a regular attack. But, eh, compared to most of the other bosses in this game, this one was quite good. Around 5-6 attempts before victory.

    3. Brume Tower. You know, visually, this area looked quite good from the outside (special mention to the beginning, where you walk on a massive chain to reach the Tower proper). I also like the verticality of the level. But, as happens so often in this game, the enemy design and placement bring it down. The worst parts for me were the room where you fight one lava spewing giant + three of those R1 spamming Undead Soldiers + one Undead Archer on the side + another Undead Soldier throwing firebombs from above, and the dark room where you're invaded by Quicksword Rachel and are also fighting those fat, jumping things that have such weird hitboxes (example: even if you just get clipped by one of their arms, you're still knocked back and take full damage). For the Scorching Sceptre I just did a suicide run into the room and somehow survived with just barely enough health. As far as progress goes, I've reached the Lowermost Floor bonfire. I noticed there were four of those burning statues around the boss arena. Luckily, I had exactly four Wedges to spare. What happens if you don't, though? How does it affect the boss fight, if at all?

    4. The Fume Knight. I haven't beaten him yet; in fact, I've only attempted him once. He seemed simple enough for the first half of his health bar, but, after he buffed his sword, I didn't last long. He did his AOE attack (the one where he plunges his sword into the ground and burning orbs come flying out in all directions) twice, and I got hit both times; the second one killed me. This boss (and Sinh from the previous DLC) are a significant improvement in boss quality. Hopefully I'll get to see more of this.

    5. There is one thing I need to address, though, and, quite frankly, I'm surprised I didn't pay much attention to it sooner. It is baffling to me why, after rolling, you can only attack in the direction of your roll. This wasn't as much of an issue with the weapon I'd been using so far (+10 Battle Axe), but now, after switching to a +5 Dragon Tooth, the problem is coming to the fore, since the Tooth's R1 is a slam down, rather than the Axe's horizontal swipe, which had a large arc. It was frustrating how many times I attacked, but it just went in a completely different direction. I honestly don't know why this wasn't fixed even in the SotFS edition.

    Anyway, that's all for this post. Hope you have a good day.

    submitted by /u/Riceifyouwould
    [link] [comments]

    What your fave boss? I've only completed the main game (sotfs edition) and have yet to play the dlc. My personal favourite boss was looking glass knight I thought he was cool. Dark souls 2 bosses arent the best in quality but some are fun and have clever mechanics.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    where to go after lost sinner boss

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    no major spoilers, im just wondering where i go next, and what a primal bonfire is about.

    submitted by /u/fuckermc
    [link] [comments]

    I need the game map

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    Hey guys, o need the game map with a good resolution, in Google ALL the images have a bad resolution, please help me !

    submitted by /u/Ceposo4151
    [link] [comments]

    I need help getting through the game (xb1)

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    Hi just starting dark souls 2 What build should i go ? And any tips ?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    I've been making DS2 bosses as MTG cards, and I need someone to turn a Human Effigy into a set icon

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    I can't download Magic Set Editor on my laptop. I need common, uncommon, rare and mythic. The person who makes them will be given credit.

    submitted by /u/BibblesBaggins
    [link] [comments]

    The Gutter

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    Is that second fog gate a tease, or can you actually reach it?

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Needing help

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    So im gonna go for the plat in ds2 im missing the spells trophies I will be starting from the start ! Would any one like to do the whole game with me Or any would like to donate couple stuf mostly weapons

    submitted by /u/keyzz1416
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best way to get to rank 3 in the Blue Sentinels?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get the Master of Miracles achievement and have been reading up on the Blue Sentinels.

    It said you needed to win 500!?!? Fights to get to rank 3. I tried to queue up but couldn't find a single fight or invade with a blue orb either.

    Do people actually get to rank 3? If so, what's the best approach.

    I saw that the Chancellor sells the two spells in NG++ that I need, but I didn't really want to have to go that far.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/stump2003
    [link] [comments]

    I've finally done it after a lot of blood sweat and tears

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Ive finally got all the achievements, what a game this is, my favourite by far of all the soulsborne games. It's taken so long i've got about 483 hours on it, but that's mainly due to the fact my friends and i would start a new playthrough to co op with each other but it would get to whichever area we'd go to after the sinner and one would get bored and want to play something else, i think to this day we've never played though it all together, i don't even think we've got to drangleic castle together but oh well, ive had loads of fun on my own with this. It got to the point i'd played though casually so many times that i would only use an item randomiser to spice things up otherwise i'd end up speedrunning, but now its time for the challenge runs after a little break from it as i dont want to think how much time i've spent playing the last few weeks. https://gyazo.com/d4ff3625b6c5ec59374711b4120d027f

    submitted by /u/Asheeerrrsss
    [link] [comments]

    Finally done it

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    I finally killed fume knight with some help of course I'm so happy my hands are shaking I love this game

    submitted by /u/Linty559
    [link] [comments]

    Bell keeper question.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    Looked on the wikis and can't find anything, if im in belfry sol or luna and someone invades me(gray phantom) and i kill them does that help rank me up or no?

    submitted by /u/Brewcreworldseries
    [link] [comments]

    Should I bu the steam upgrade? what changes?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    My unbelievable luck with darklurker

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    TL;DR at the end.

    A little bit of backstory:

    I was in NG+ and the enemies where messin' me up. The only way to mitigate this was to use a shield and the Ultra Greatsword. It was going pretty well until I met Aava. Oh, boy. I did not even remember how I beat that boss on NG. I died so, so many times. After looking at guide after guide, I decided to max out i-frames and go with <25% weight build. And I did it. I instantly fell in love with the +10 rapier and the i-frames and I decided that I will keep my build this way.

    Enter Darklurker:

    I was legit afraid of him. I have seen people killing him easily but everyone was complaining he was too hard. Keep in mind that I have never fought him before and I was on NG+. So after lighting the 3 braziers I drop down to leave and suddenly, boss fight. He wrecked me of course because I was not prepared.

    So I am out and about trying to figure out how to do him good. My biggest problem was the fact that he split and I hate getting ganked. From the bottom of my heart, I hate it. I only tried the gank squad once and that was it.

    The solution:

    My rapier build was incredibly good against bosses but I was also using the flynn's ring so I was at 10 vit and couldn't equip any serious armor or shield for dark resistance and the like. With a heavy heart, I made my way back to Strowen and returned to my heavy STR build and left flynn's ring rusting in my item box.

    So, I equip 2 Ultra Greatswords +10 and strolled down to darklurker town. I kill the enemies, I apply the lightning resin and the fight begins. I manage to get one hit in before he starts attacking that takes away 20% of his health. Left hand strong attack uses both swords. I try to avoid his attacks but some hit me. He moves to the other side of the arena and I get my opportunity to heal. With full health now I move closer and how did that laser hitbox get me I legitimately don't know. There goes half my health.

    I decide to risk it and I manage to get 2 strong attacks in. He is now at 50% health.

    Mitosis

    He splits and my hands are shaking. I have fought double pursuer so many times that at this point if I see 2 bosses I get PTSD. I keep my distance and wait for one to attack, but they start chasing me. At this point I am running around the arena trying to figure out when to attack. Apparently, my running around brought them close. One of them lifts up. He is firing his laser. But as he rises so does the other; right next to him.

    The hit

    I am able to avoid the laser easily. I move closer. I did not believe I could be this lucky. They both land at the same time, right in front of me. One attack, second attack, third attack. Im out of stamina and they lost another 40% of health. They both prepare their swords in perfect unison. A small green dot appears at my stamina bar. I risk it. There goes the boss. If they where not close to one another, they would probably kill me. Also one greatsword does around 630dmg so 2 of them hitting together and one of them with the pine resin was pretty strong. The whole fight laster around 70 seconds.

    If you read it, thank you and I hope I entertained you. If you didnt:

    TL;DR Two darklurkers side by side, died because I was dual wielding greatswords and I hit them both with each attack.

    Final note: My luck evened out because I was one hit away from killing Sir Alonne without getting hit and, guess what. He hit me.

    submitted by /u/survivetosee
    [link] [comments]

    Clear everything run live

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    So i started the stream for everyone that has interesst in me grinding ds2 monsters till I kill their whole population.

    http://www.twitch.tv/armady1

    Drop by would appreachiate it.

    Thanks :D

    submitted by /u/Sgt_Thorag
    [link] [comments]

    Can I lock myself out of achievements if I progress the game not as intended?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    I plan on getting all the achievements in this game, and I know a lot of them have to do with progressing character(s) stories? Will I miss them if I don't follow the order of the areas in which I am supposed to visit?

    submitted by /u/grapejellymanperson
    [link] [comments]

    hidden shield mechanic

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    Has anyone found after an overhead attack from enemies will sometimes lead to a weird parry animation i cant seem to replicate. it only happens when your just outside the range of the overhead attack, then the chosen undead jumps and attacking with his shield and preforms a critical blow.

    submitted by /u/Ziltoid_69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment