• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 30, 2020

    Dark Souls If you could have one ring from DS1 irl, what would it be and why?

    Dark Souls If you could have one ring from DS1 irl, what would it be and why?


    If you could have one ring from DS1 irl, what would it be and why?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    I got my grandpa to play darl souls

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    He was stuck on taurus demon for a week, but i told him to praise the sun and he did the gesture, and the try after he killed him!! XD

    Will keep u updated on gramps andventure in lordran

    submitted by /u/snaris
    [link] [comments]

    I somehow managed to not have fog doors up in Undead Parish, allowing me to take Solaire & Lautrec out of there.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    My hatred for those boulder idiots in Blighttown has reached it's peak

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    It always annoyed me how close they put them to Quelana's spot. In the past I fucking despised them but ignored it and went on with my day. That all changed a few minutes ago. So I had just killed Nito and was going to use the souls from him to go upgrade my Pyromancy flame more with Quelana in Blighttown. I Warp there and proceed to kill two of the idiots. Everything seemed fine. It felt like something was off but I couldn't see another one so I just went on to talk to her. As I was listening to her speak a third idiot came out of nowhere and I panicked. I didn't want it to kill her with it's bullshit boulder so I rolled away and casted a Soul Spear at it.

    I forgot that Soul Spears pierce through enemies. It one-shot her.

    Needless to say I've to wait until NG+ to max out my Pyromancy hand.

    submitted by /u/SnailToucher
    [link] [comments]

    I joined the Elite Club of players who died to Pinwheel.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    Died to Snuggly, need advice

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    As stupid as it sounds, yes.

    I'm doing a Zero Deaths run of DS1 Remastered. I was doing so well! I've beaten Asylum Demon, Taurus Demon, Bell Gargoyles, Moonlight Butterfly, Capra Demon, Gaping Dragon, Quelaag, and just did Stray Demon all with zero deaths. And here I am trading items with Snuggly, and I hit B one too many times exiting the menus, and back-stepped into oblivion off the edge of Undead Asylum.

    Do I call my run wasted, and start over?? It just feels like such a stupid reason to restart a run that was going so well. GAH.

    The alternative is I keep going... with a slightly tainted conscience about the run.

    submitted by /u/Hilmarok
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein and Smough, more like “oh god, please no”

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I just spent 3 hours going against Ornstein and Smough, and oh boy did it go poorly. I expected difficulty, but not to this degree!

    This is my first playthrough of my first Souls game, and it's been fairly smooth sailing in Anor Londo up until this point - baiting those giant knights & gargoyles makes defeating them much easier, and I can just stun lock silver knights with my zweihander's strong attack. Bosses, sadly, don't have these weaknesses.

    By some miracle, I was able to go through the archers on the first try, but I am stumped with this boss fight. I've tried using a shield, two-handing the zweihander, wearing minimal armor, and trying to tank damage with Havel's set, but I can't even reach the second phase; it seems I am still in the process of getting gud lol.

    To paraphrase Palpatine, this attack on my [humanity] has left me scared and deformed, but I assure you my resolve has never been stronger.

    I'm using a +5 zweihander, ring of FaP, wolf ring, the fireball pyromancy, and random pieces of light armor so I can still fast roll. What strategy/setup can I use to improve my chances of victory?

    submitted by /u/5050R
    [link] [comments]

    To the guy invading the depths spamming dark bead for easy wins:

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    You really suck. Way to just make the game...not fun. I hope it was worth it running through the entire game to pick up pretty much the most broken spell just so you could grab easy wins in a low level area. I don't know how you're enjoying this but I guess you're getting some kind of fulfillment out of crushing people who more or less don't stand a chance.

    Edit:Wow I did not expect a shitshow to start in the comments. Sorry about that guys I just wanted to vent not get into a verbal deathmatch with a teenager.

    submitted by /u/PatchyThePirate159
    [link] [comments]

    I got dark souls for my birthday and started playing for the first time!

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    What's the fastest way to become a dragon?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    Sad Souls moment (potential spoilers)

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    I know a bunch of you have played this game but spoiler warning to people like me going thru the game the first time. Final warning of spoilers....

    Ok with that out the way, I'm cruising through the Duke's Archives and I made it to the field of golems. Anyways I killed the gold one and out popped Sieglinde. She thanked me and then asked about her dad. When she said 'If only he can stay still and out of trouble' I immediately had a HNNNNNNGGGGG moment. Why you ask? Because a few days ago, my dearest friend, who was so fun to talk to about honor, Siegmeyer of Catalina valiantly gave his life for me in Lost Izalith. I'm hella bummed out now :( Pouring one out for my buddy Siegmeyer tonight. He was one of the good lads.

    submitted by /u/mar_mar_binks12
    [link] [comments]

    Here’s to you, Chosen Undead!

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    I first played this game on the Nintendo Switch mid 2019 with a goal just to beat the game. Since then, I have played for just under 200 hours and about to beat it for the 5th time.

    I made a video in a/an (hopefully) ongoing project for YouTube. I'm new to editing and voiceover work but I think there's something for everyone there.

    I had no idea these types of videos took so long to edit and put together. I hope to improve as time goes on.

    Please let me know what you think.

    https://youtu.be/Yy72-jGZy_E

    submitted by /u/TheTwinBarrel
    [link] [comments]

    The Worst Mistake I’ve Ever Made

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    PSA: Don't try to use a Homeward Bone while not looking at your screen.

    I was planning to get my first FromSoft platinum today. Accidentally ate my third Soul of Sif while checking my work computer. Fourth playthrough, here I come.

    submitted by /u/themysteriouserk
    [link] [comments]

    I'm new to dark souls can you guys give Me tips

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    Huge glitch?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    I'd just reached blighttown, so I went back to the asylum to get the rusted iron ring. I was trading items with Snuggly, quitting and reloading the game to speed it along as normal. I dropped a dung pie and quit, then when I reloaded, I was in the cell you start the game in. I couldn't climb the ladder out, but I fortunately had some homeward bones. I used one and it took me to the bonfire before the asylum demon arena, which was unlit. The Big Pilgrim Key door was closed, but the demon was dead. I walked up and the cutscene with the giant crow played, and I was at Firelink shrine again. The chest which holds key items was closed, so I opened it, and apparently every single key item in the game was inside -- the Lordvessel, multiple keys, multiple estus flasks, all the embers... What on earth just happened?

    EDIT: My character is also permanently human. I don't have the know-how to investigate this bug so here's a link to download my save file:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U3HIzAko-R2Z4wDaImj3gA1buakds05I/view?usp=sharing

    submitted by /u/merii9894
    [link] [comments]

    My little brother finally plays ds1 after years of pestering!

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    So I know that a lot of people have posted their family members playing dark souls and stuff and someone just today has posted something like this... but that's exactly why I'm posting this since the feedback on other people's posts have been so good I want to see what people think of my brother's experience! I've been pestering my brother to play this like ever since he was 8 years old and he is eleven now! So him playing this means a lot to me since I've been playing the souls's games since I was 7!

    My brother has never been good at the souls games. His depth perception is really bad, and he doesn't understand the concept of stamina, so he has never played one for more than an hour. But now he is finally playing ds1 and I am so happy!

    So he's been playing for around 4 hours on his playthrough. He started out as the knight class and is running a poise build. He beat asylum demon easily and headed to undead burg. He died to the undead burg enemies like 5 times, but eventually made it to the first undead burg bonfire. Now, he has started multiple characters before, but always gets stuck on the second undead burg bonfire and keeps dying to the enemies and gives up everytime! So this time, to make sure he doesn't quit again, I ran through the area to the Taurus demon boss fight for him. He took two tries to beat the demon with his morning star and my "coaching" as my dad puts it and was now at the drake bridge. So he runs past the drake and finds the shortcut. He tries to get to undead parish under the bridge but dies to the rats. So I tell him that there is an easier way and how to run past the drake. He succeeds and gets to the sunlight altar bonfire. (He also picks up the claymore)

    Now here is where stuff gets hard for my little brother. I can't tell you how many times he died to the undead parish hollows, the boar, and the balder knights. But I think I will have to leave this as a cliffhanger for now! I want to write more of my brother's journey, but I don't want to pour too much into this until I know that people would want more! So I would LOVE your feedback! I think I like watching my brother play more than I like playing myself and that says a lot! So thank you if you read all this(I know it's a lot)! Your awesome! Praise the sun!😊

    P.s. he hasn't rolled through a single attack yet haha! He just tanks everything with some insane poise, but don't worry he's going to learn how to dodge soon! He'll have too.

    submitted by /u/MustacheMANL01
    [link] [comments]

    okay,but seriously

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    why are Artorias' legs so small?

    submitted by /u/beefmasterlmao
    [link] [comments]

    Kalameet is killing me

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    and I love it XD

    For real. So I have put hundreds and hundreds of hours into the dark souls trilogy, it's pretty much an understatement to say that I am a fan. And yet, when I first played through dark souls I was not completionist about it and never killed kalameet, the one loose thread. Finally getting around to it now in a NG+.

    I think I may be so eager to have some sort of new experience, a new boss, from the first dark souls game, that I am just lapping this right up. it was extremely exciting to unlock a new cutscene when Gough shoots him down. I had one round where I got really close to killing Kalameet, terrifically exciting, but he has done a pretty successful job at wiping the floor with me every other time. The funny thing is, despite the grinding, despite the fact that more time has been spent running to this stupid fight than actually engaging in it, I find that I'm really enjoying the whole experience, the tedium of grinding has receded into the background, I'm just really enjoying going up against this guy. Yeah, I think it's just the experience of some new souls content that I had not had before...

    It's ridiculous how good this game is.

    submitted by /u/Cagliostro2
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    you roll or pay the toll

    of dying like a stanky ganky

    Pointing down on the plebs and doin the yankee

    Hearin all the salt and makin the bitches cranky

    Parry parry parry parry parry cus im lazy

    Did it too many times to the king gwyn i think he hates me

    What

    submitted by /u/Kapt-Kaos
    [link] [comments]

    First Playthrough Help

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:04 AM PDT

    Hey all. I'm new to Dark Souls and just started my first playthrough (sadly the whole game is spoiled for me). I have 4 questions.

    1. Is the Estoc a viable weapon to complete the game with? I really like the Estoc for its moveset, especially being able to attack with my shield up, but I know it doesn't do much damage. Is it reasonable to use it as your main weapon for the whole game or is the damage too low for later in the game?
    2. Are there any offline/PVE advantages to any of the covenants or are they purely for PVP?
    3. When is the best time to return to the asylum? I just beat gargoyles and am kinda stuck on Capra. I went back to the asylum once right before I fought gargoyles but immediately died to Stray Demon so I didn't go back. I'm SL 29 with Heater Shield and Estoc+5. Is now a good time or should I wait?
    4. Any advice on how to kill the Hellkite wyvern?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/LostUndead1
    [link] [comments]

    4:45 AM and I've just got my first Soulsborne Platinum! What was your first souls platinum/All achievements?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    As the title suggests, I've just got the platinum for DS1, on the remaster. My last trophy was for the gravelord covenant miracles, which considering I hadn't ever joined the covenant, also got me the unique weapons trophy too 5 seconds before. Just want to know if you've got a soulsborne plat, which and what was your first?

    submitted by /u/One_Depressed_Boye
    [link] [comments]

    Opinions on glitches and duping?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    I'm not talking about stuff like sens skip, I'm talking about things that affect your character, mainly stuff like tumblebuffing and moveswap. And duping is pretty self explanatory, mainly done with boss souls and fks. Just curious on the general consensus in the community.

    submitted by /u/MLIASP
    [link] [comments]

    Gift set up?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    Hi all, Throwaway account because my SO knows my real account.

    My SO loves dark souls and I would like to present their birthday gift with a souls flair. Any ideas?

    Could be a scavenger hunt or just a way of wrapping the gift. I have used Mario blocks hanging from the ceiling in the past just to give an idea of what I mean.

    I admittedly haven't played enough to know what would work. Thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/Iheartattention
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment