• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 30, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 What are those lesser known about things in DS2?

    Dark Souls 2 What are those lesser known about things in DS2?


    What are those lesser known about things in DS2?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of things like completely missable items, quests, and hell, even areas. I just want to expand my knowledge of ds2 a little bit more.

    submitted by /u/Ligma_bols
    [link] [comments]

    Prowling magus and congregation

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Oh my god I've been stuck on this boss for literally months. It's so hard 😣. Literally makes this game unbeatable. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/fantastic-mr-gloop
    [link] [comments]

    Burnt Ivory King

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    Far, far away from Drangleic

    Through a shrine whose purpose long forgotten

    Sits a city

    surrounded by ice

    only one has made it here

    the seeker of fire has arrived

    at the frozen city

    Eleum Loyce

    Built by the might of a soul

    and the man it belonged to

    to contain an ancient threat

    a fire, born of human desires

    an uncontrollable flame that marked the world before

    The Chaos still burns

    rarely sated

    only two have succeeded

    and Dark has watched them both

    Alsanna

    Born of the Dark, like her sisters

    embodying her father's fears

    and seeking strength

    not for power

    but for security

    for the first time, she is loved

    by the one who built Eleum Loyce

    The Ivory King

    A symbol of selflessness

    and strength

    built the city to save the world from Chaos

    created knights to fight it

    but made himself the first line of defense

    caring not for his own soul

    only for his people and his queen

    The Chaos hungers still

    and the King made a choice

    to journey to the center

    and appease the Chaos himself

    he left Alsanna

    but not selfishly

    He brought her love and affection

    turning the Darkness to the light

    So she guards the city in his stead

    The King plunges down

    followed by his faithful knights

    and not one of them returned

    Whispers rise

    that the Chaos has found

    a new Champion

    Burnt

    The seeker, in their search for strength, finds the frozen city

    Alsanna warns them from it

    with howling winds and ice

    along with other guardians

    The seeker pays no heed, and ventures through the city

    Obtaining an eye

    So that they may challenge the unseen guardian of the Cathedral

    Aava

    Born in the snow

    with brothers long forgotten in the wastes

    He guards the bridge

    and with it, Alsanna

    The seeker puts down the beast

    who has earned his rest

    And finally speaks with the Dark

    She tells them the tale

    of her king's sacrifice

    and begs them to free her lord

    Accompanied by other knights

    the seeker leads the charge

    Battle

    The armies clash, with the seeker leading theirs.

    Burnt knights arrive, fighting for corrupted flame

    Fire meets ice

    and the pure knights follow their king's footsteps

    and seal off the fire

    Finally, two are left

    The King

    And the Seeker

    Darkened Ivory

    against a saving purity

    and the battle begins

    The king gives up his crown

    and despite all he has done

    still remembers his queen

    and calls out her name

    The seeker takes the crown

    and brings it to another

    The King in the Crypt

    to once again

    seek strength as a monarch

    submitted by /u/Bryankc14
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Eye PSA

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    To all new players and those who aren't aware of the Dragon Covenant,

    The dragon remnant summons are good phantoms with good intentions and are here to help you. They are here to assist you and definitely won't stab you in the back when you try to enter the Smelter Demon boss room.

    Sincerely,

    a dragon scale farmer

    submitted by /u/Jeffrey_Dahmer123
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck in the dlc, gimme a riddle to progress.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    I dont want it to be to easy so im asking for a riddle. Im currently at the Foyer bonfire in some tower, in the centre theres some structure that needs a scorched Iron scepter to operate. Gimme some riddles i have to solve to progress.

    submitted by /u/jowit2
    [link] [comments]

    (Spoiler i think) Skeleton lords vs a +4 rapier is nightmare fuel

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    Especially when you accidentally kill the pyromancer first :(

    submitted by /u/Cystic111
    [link] [comments]

    Your favourite Souls game? VOTE!

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    Most damaging scythe?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    Spider in the gutter

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    What's wrong with that weird ass huge spider in the gutter? (im new to ds2)

    submitted by /u/christoff48
    [link] [comments]

    Hex build starter class

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    I'm starting new build, I plan on using hexes and one of the black knight weapons, what class should I start as?

    submitted by /u/The_Indie_Outcast
    [link] [comments]

    anyone else really like the club?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    a piece of wood, that costs 800 hard earned soularinos may appear to some wretched hollows as a rip-off.

    but make no mistake, this neolithic WMD is no joke, we are talking 1000 dmg plus combos before you leave the forest of fallen giants.

    you can forgot your artisanally folded weebsticksm and your enchanted greatswords, a blunt instrument to smash open heads works just as well.

    to get into the caveman mindset, i like to shout "ooga" when i swing to to the left, and "booga" as i swing it to the right.

    anyone else think the club really slaps?

    Up in da club, now you down in the ground bitch.

    submitted by /u/CylinderDude
    [link] [comments]

    A DS2 Lore Discussion Thread

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    Discussion - comparing notes and theories, bouncing ideas off of each other, exchanging the lenses through which we experience the games, arguments over which waifu or husbando is truly the best (it's Vengarl don't @ me) - is a core part of the Souls narrative experience.

    More then three years ago the Ringed City heralded the series' end; secrets revealed and storylines resolved, themes repeated and fires linked, suns praised and cooperators jollied, guds gotten and lords defeated; the Dark Souls narrative came to a close.


    Now, the series having been completed, I hope to spark the fading flame of that discussion, and reexamine the stories as a completed narrative.

    I'd love to hear what the different voices in our community - what you - have to say: your interpretations, your headcanons, and whatever other thoughts you have to offer regarding the lore and story of Dark Souls 2!


    Here's some questions I often ask myself when thinking about this game's narrative. Feel free to answer them, jump off from them, or make totally seperate points :D
    • What do you think of the lore in DS2? How does it compare to the lore of the other games and the series at large?

    • What function does the story of DS2 serve as a part of the greater Souls narrative?

    • What are your favorite bits of DS2's lore? Favorite Characters/Areas/Bosses?

    • What do you think is the overarching story being told in DS2? How do the DLCs fit into that story?

    • What do you think the themes are, for this game and/or the series as a whole? How does DS2 vary from and/or reinforce the themes present in the other Souls games?


    In my opinion, DS2 has a very important place in the greater Souls narrative, and is thematically unique within it.

    Any responses, short thoughts to walls of text and anything in between, are great :D

    submitted by /u/JoeyTheSchmo
    [link] [comments]

    My soul level one run

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    Dark Souls 2 is my favorite of the Souls series, so it's the one I have the most experience with. So I decided to test my medal and do a sl1 run. Doesn't help that DS2 is the hardest Souls game to sl1, cause of agility. In DS1, a sl1 run makes use of pyromancy. In DS3, lol broad sword. But in DS2... I should note that I'm playing DS2 SORFS. It wasn't all bad. The rapier is super good and it made the main game much easier. So much so that I decided to try and complete the DLCs. I've only beaten the sunken king DLC so far. And it was a nightmare. Wish me SO much luck against Raime.

    submitted by /u/Legal_Party
    [link] [comments]

    Mundane Fist Weapons?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    Hello. I'm looking to play through ds2 again but I'm torn between playing with the vanquisher's seal and caestuses and playing with a mundane weapon. I was wondering if Dual caestuses would be effective with the mundane infusion or if I would have to do two separate play throughs. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Purple-Soggy
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Sunlight Medals

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    Anyone want to do coop on PC? SL152 with 3220000 Soul Memory. Im trying to get Sunlight Medals for the trophy and farming them offline is killing me >.<

    submitted by /u/Giracia
    [link] [comments]

    What are those whispering

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    In some areas you can hear a whispering frist I herd it in iron keep I thought it was nadalia then I herd it in shaded woods after that in bell area after lost bastille, did any one know what are those and what are they saying.

    submitted by /u/xansaif
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Knight Halberd

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    This Halberd has crazy base damage and at my current stats of 27 Str and 35 Dex, my Drangleic GS has 1 more base damage, and 11 more damage when including stat scaling. Should I abandon my Drangleic GS for the Blue Knight Halberd?

    submitted by /u/WhatABlake
    [link] [comments]

    How do you "force" enemies to respawn?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    I ask this because I have killed some enemies in the forest of fallen giants soo much that they stopped respawning, and I would like for them to respawn so I can farm on them. Also just so everyone knows i am still in the early game stage/stages and playing on PC.

    Thank you for any and all help given.

    submitted by /u/TheGamersofaLifeTime
    [link] [comments]

    FUCKING SIR ALONNE

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    this mother FUCKER are fucking overpowered, the hitboxes in the fight are a FUCKING JOKE MAN, fast as FUCK and even when you dodge in the right fucking time, he still manage to take the sword out of his ass to hit you, this piece OF SHIT is not hard BUT UNFAIR, i deeply hate this garbage, i rage quit this boss a few seconds ago, IM FUCKING DONE WITH THIS MISERABLE PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT

    submitted by /u/christoff48
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to deal with phantom range on pvp?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    At 1st i thought it was just my connection but it differs from opponent to opponent

    I've also noticed It's at it's worst with those guys with a glowing red aura. Do they have nasa internet or what?

    submitted by /u/Nomad2145
    [link] [comments]

    Update on my current challenge run

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    I've been doing a fat roll only challenge, and so far, it's been going well. Only died twice so far and I beat the Lost Sinner. Struggled a bit with her, but I beat her.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Success!

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    After two days I finally acquired the Bell Gaurd's set! Thxs to everyone I invaded for providing me some good ole DSII PVP!

    submitted by /u/Str8asRainbows
    [link] [comments]

    Holy fuck I hate the black gulch.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    I don't care how much this rant is heard. I just lost over 15 levels worth of souls and I'm fucking pissed off. So I came into this place hearing the Vietnam war stories about it and knew it would suck. But I had loved blighttown and loved the gutter so what could go wrong. No, fuck. This. Area. It is absolutely the most horrible thing, running around, unable to move because you're being stunlocked by a god damn statue half your height. Then, there's the godawful worms that one shot you.

    So, I kill the rotten, thanking the gods that this area is so short and over. And get the sweet sweet 50k souls. Then jump into the fire to get the fire seed. I heal all the way up, and go back over, but one of the fucking stupid ass snake hand little shits makes his way into the boss room and fucking kills me. Isn't there supposed to be an invisible wall for enemies not to come into boss rooms? Wtf?

    So I think, okay, I'll just get my souls. But no, I encounter the shithead that is forlorn. Who backstabs me as I'm going through the fog wall to get my souls. But why, why, is there still a fog wall if the boss is already fucking dead, not one other boss has done this. Not one. Why this one? And why the one that gives so many souls. God dammit. Fuck this area.

    submitted by /u/Elucidate137
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Nice_player2000 I hope u see this

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    I was doing some pvp and this guy invaded me for 20min I couldn't find him eventually I did he was hiding as a box this guy killed my npc summon with honor as I waved. He waved and instead of murdering the crap out of me he dropped me much needed items I am very thankful to you I don't know if u are on reddit but thank u for being the best community if joined gaming wise. I wish u all the best Nice_player2000

    submitted by /u/Fuggels_69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment