• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 23, 2020

    Dark Souls I just did the hardest thing in Dark Souls

    Dark Souls I just did the hardest thing in Dark Souls


    I just did the hardest thing in Dark Souls

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    I killed Sif without dying.

    Edit: oops I meant crying.

    submitted by /u/Scamper16
    [link] [comments]

    Repeatdly Failed Against Ornstein and Smough

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    And then on my 11th attempt, completely blanked, forgot to reverse hollow, accidentally stored my +10 spear in the bottomless box, and went in with 9 estus flasks and a shortbow. Took me an hour of kiting them but i somehow beat them both. Honestly i'm just as confused as anyone reading this.

    submitted by /u/Thepinkillusion
    [link] [comments]

    57 year old father playing darksouls Day 5

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Day 5 Because of personal issues I had to take a break in my darksouls journey. I am sorry to keep everyone waiting but I am back now and ready to start playing again!

    Exploring the bottom of blighttown did nt give me much, I found a lot of green worms, more bugs and big guys throwing rocks. I also found another way that leads up. Before going there I had to explore the hole behind the rock throwing guys. A disgusting cave with spider egg men led to a boss, a naked spiderwomen. I took me a total of 23 attempts to beat queelag. She was not that hard, only very tanky and killed me in 2 hits. I always got stuck in her legs and could not run from her aoe attack. But an amazing feeling struck me when I finally killed it after such a long and awesome battle.

    After queelag I rang the second bell, (even more awesome and opened the gate at undead parish. But I continued down to another bonfire in what looks like a fire city. I continued and got to another boss who killed me 7 times before I gave up deciding to return to the top to check out the gate I opened. (at least I got black gear that was good).

    On my way back up I tried the other path. I died 2 times before reaching the top and found a chest with a key to new londo whatever that is. I continued and arrived at dragon valley or something I took a left and opened a gate wich led me to new just new londo. I went around looking for a bonfire but got killed by ghosts that I could not hit. I had to run all the way up again and finally found an elevator that actually led me all the way back to firelink shrine wich is so awesome!!! Then I went to undead parish logging out for the day!

    Total playtime 41 h 53 minutes. I am now using +6 halberd and I am souls level 38

    submitted by /u/ThomasTuckerman
    [link] [comments]

    I did it.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    I beat em.

    Ornstein, I'll never forget your bullshit pinball instant transmission dash attack. I'll never forget your insta-cooldown off of said dash attack that sometimes made you unpunishable. I'll never forget all the times you clipped through Smough, every time I misjudged your spear length, or mistimed your spear gouge that sometimes two-shotted me.

    Smough, I'll never forget your bi-polar attack patterns like when you sometimes choose to charge non stop. I'll never forget screaming everytime I misjudged how long you were gonna charge before swinging. I'll never forget waiting for you to jump attack and hitting you ONE TIME before retreating to the safety of a broken pillar.

    Boy, I wanted to rush in for that last hit. When I saw that tiny sliver of red, I wanted to dash in and swing my mighty longsword but I waited. Every previous death to you jerks taught me to not rush things. So even on the last hit, I waited, waited, baited, and baited again, until you did your dumb jump attack and went in for the kill.

    What an amazingly frustrating and draining fight. I'm exhausted, but I did it. I freaking did it.

    submitted by /u/oweneribo
    [link] [comments]

    So I got a Dark Souls inspired tattoo a few years ago and thought I'd post it since finding Reddit! This was devoted to one of my favourite characters... Oscar the Fateless. "And I can die with hope in my heart." ��

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    I hate dark souls for 1 reason

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    Because it's so damn amazing it makes any other game seem worse.

    submitted by /u/lemonshark4
    [link] [comments]

    Why does dragon fire deal magic damage?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    Been trying to cut Kalameet's tail solo and I accidentally used great magic barrier and I took much less damage from his fire? I know Seath deals magic damage too but why does Kalameet deal magic damage aswell? I mean... Kalameet has his psychic cock and balls force crush... Does that mean both Dragons are sorcerer Dragons?

    submitted by /u/JeritHD
    [link] [comments]

    Well I’ve certainly never seen this before

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    Wish I Could Go Back

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    Ah nothing special here, just reminiscing about the first times I played through this beautiful game, and wishing I could go back and do it again, fresh and interested, inexperienced. Scared, really. Like, the game is still hard, and always finds ways to surprise me, but it doesn't scare me anymore. There's no dread of the unknown.

    Like, the first time I went through blighttown, I didn't know how long it was going to be. There's no perspective, it's dark, and kind of labyrinthine. You just don't know! Every time you leave that bonfire you think, "sure I made it far…but how much farther do I have to go? Is this level even more massive than I thought?"

    Or the first time I went up past the hydra, to the far side of the forest hunter's woods, and was walking along peacefully, only to find myself suddenly surrounded by demon shrubs way more powerful than I had encountered before, I was horrified. Just how many were in this forest? They could come out of no where, anytime, anywhere, and at the time I didn't know this forest was the same one as the one beyond the crest of artorias gate, so I had no idea how vast it was, if there was anything on the other side, and it was so easy to get turned around. To lose everything.

    If you feel like it, drop some stories of your first few playthroughs in the comments. I'd love to read them.

    submitted by /u/Loud-Mouthed-Sloth
    [link] [comments]

    Finally survived the Tomb of Annihilation

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    Play Dark Souls, they said. It'll be great, they said.

    So there I am, balancing on a ledge next to a chasm in utter darkness. Sure, I have this dumb lantern to show me where the edge is, and at the edge of its tiny circle of light I can just see the dull ivory glow of a motherfucking huge skelly. Like, big enough to boot me right off this ledge with its toe. Oh yeah, this is totally what I signed up for. Except now I have to fight the dude. And his malnourished pitbull. Maybe. Who knows? I mean, I have to stow the lantern before starting the fight. Which plunges me into complete darkness. How is this a cool strategy? It's bullshit! All I have to go on is a small lock-on circle. Suicide. I die many times. By some miracle, at last he doesn't smash me to a pulp so I get to inch further along the precipice... By now I've learnt that there is no rushing this bit. Them bones don't take kindly to having their dark domain scuttled through. More ivory, this time a rabid canine that needs dispatching. Somehow I cling on, and after a painstaking few minutes I'm through.

    Sadly, this is not the end of the story. My trials are only beginning, except at this point I think I've made it... ah what foolishness! Will I never learn? The ledge skirts a cavern before plunging back into the rock. More skeletons, this time with weird totems. I smash them. I even spot those evil pinwheel mimics and end their miserable existence without too much trouble. Feeling good about my progress, I make the mistake of casually strolling to the bottom. A few dwarf skellies, I swat them aside and gather loot. More baby skellies. A whole swarm of nasty ankle-biters. Suddenly, I'm writhing and flailing around as they bite at me viciously... please don't let me die to these measly critters!!

    I escape, barely. Pulling myself together, I head up and through the fog gate. Ah, Lord Nito, your fate awaits... Except, as it turns out so does mine... I launch at the shambling mound of skull and bone, hacking and slashing with my greataxe. An alarming horde of skellies surrounds me as I face off against the lumbering bone-lord. We trade desperate blows, I dodge and swig estus and the monster boss is within a sliver of his life... but these bloody skellies are going apeshit man... I just cannot land the final blow, and get torn apart...

    The bonfire is a long way back. After hacking my way through the bone yard, a friendly assassin invades and kills me on the cavern ledge. Thanks mate, I needed that encouragement. May your playthrough be similarly sabotaged.

    A few hours later...

    It's a good thing I don't stay dead... I drop in on my decrepit friend. At least I know his tricks now. The divine blade deals mercilessly with the horde leaving Nito exposed. I two-hand the axe and cleave away at this abomination. This time, I'm not stopping until I see the white confetti.

    submitted by /u/Ironiclogic2077
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls darkest rumours

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    I have a colleague who's finished all three ds's. He's my goto guy if I need help or have achieved anything in ds1.

    When I beat sif I messaged him (ofcourse) I had achieved victory. I also dropped that it was very simple because I just flinged some dung pie at sif and he would go fetch it.

    He was like "for real?" and not long after he messaged he couldnt find anything about this on yt.

    That was a good day. He could laugh about as well.

    submitted by /u/42fs
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else had this problem with Centipede Demon?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    I walked into the Centipede Demon's arena for my 3rd attempt. I started running away, and I realized I couldn't see any attacks behind me. I looked around, and the demon was nowhere to be found. I just stood there for around 5 minutes, the screen shaking from the impact of his "attacks". All of a sudden, he died instantly. I got the ring and everything. Has this happened to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/CharliiShapiro
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] Dark Souls "Weapon Reviews"

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    Sorry in advance for the MASSIVE WALL of text, but I promise it's gonna be worth it! Or at least I hope it is. I don't post on Reddit all too much so I'm not exactly good at formatting - lemme know how I could improve!

    As I'm sure everyone knows, for a lot of people temporarily unemployed by the ongoing pandemic, there's been an absolute wealth of free time. I've finally decided to do something properly productive over quarantine - play the first Dark Souls over and over and over again.

    My favourite part of these games is how much replayability there is in the weapons - there are so many of them, and so many upgrade paths to pair with them. But, of course, I'm biased towards particular weapons, often going for familiar weapons (or their statistical neighbors) when I replay it. So, I had an idea: What if I picked permanent weapons at complete random?

    Essentially, I decided to start doing "challenge runs" where I'm locked into a random weapon and offhand for the entire game, and have to beat it with just those two. I used an RNG to arrange a massive list of every melee weapon in the game, plus another list for bows, casting items, and shields, the "offhand" list. I match one with the other, and boom - those are my items for the next playthrough. The idea behind this was to get myself to use things I'd otherwise probably never think about, or maybe even never find.

    The rules: I use an external tool to get both weapons at the very start in place of the normal starting weapons, and to make sure I have the stats and level to 2-hand the weapon and 1-hand the offhand - this way, I have to use it for the whole game, not even getting another option at the start. From there, I'm just never allowed to equip anything else (except for the Skull Lantern, if needed), though I can take either weapon off if I need. No optional content needed, I just need to beat the final boss. No multiplayer except NPC summons, which is mostly a failsafe for when I inevitably have to fight O&S with a broken sword. While it's not a requirement, I'm also trying to keep high variety in the upgrade paths that I take these weapons. The only "choice" I get is whether to pair a weapon with a shield, casting weapon, or ranged weapon - but I have to take the next one of those items on the list, meaning I essentially have 3 choices total.

    However, here's the part where posting all this comes in - I figured if I'm going to be personally testing every single weapon in the game (or at least, as many as I can before I get burnt out), I might as well combine it with my hobby of overanalyzing stupid shit and do full write-ups on all of these!

    So, I'm going to be posting "reviews" of the weapons that I finish based on the playthroughs done with them. These aren't gonna be build guides or talk about PvP - just a general discussion of its abilities, pros and cons, etc., mostly focused on PvE and casual playthroughs.

    Also very important to note that these are absolutely going to be subjective. These are based on my own experiences, as well as general feeling more than exact numbers.

    Each weapon gets an overall grade out of 10, plus a set of seven factors that each get 1-5 stars:

    -Damage: About how much overall DPS the weapon does. Based on how effective it is in combat, rather than the exact AR or damage for individual hits.

    -Range: Self explanatory, how good the range it covers is.

    -Weight: How heavy it is, along with how much this impacts your build or the weapon's viability.

    -Requirements: How harsh the stat requirements are, and in some cases how necessary it is to 1-hand it vs 2-hand.

    -Scaling/Upgrades: How good the scaling is both in normal form and in other upgrade paths, and how well the weapon takes to certain upgrades.

    -Availabilty: In a normal NG playthrough, how easy the weapon is to obtain, factoring in both the cost/chance of obtaining it and how far into the game it becomes available.

    -Specialties/Moveset: How good the moveset as a whole is, and how good the unique moves are (particularly applies to boss weapons and other special things).

    I'll also include a more brief overview of whatever it was paired with, and a short write-up on how the playthrough itself went, but those'll be at the end so you can skip 'em if you don't care.

    Without further ado- to start with, I've got not just one, but three of these reviews ready! They're just google documents for now - if there's a better way to share these, let me know, I'd love to try it out!

    Fair warning: I am rather an optimist, so especially since these are all based on casual playthroughs, I'm going to focus a lot more on a weapon's positives than negatives, and there'll be a lot of things in the 5-8 range out of 10, I think.

    Very minor spoilers if you haven't beaten the game, as a few late bosses are mentioned by name, but no story spoilers.

    First was the Golem Axe and the Black Iron Greatshield- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lo-KKUOiCC6_ijxUpWmoRisWhp8aC0ENL3Yrh8pEaLE/edit?usp=sharing

    Followed by the Reinforced Club and the Giant Shield- https://docs.google.com/document/d/15GB82mT1lakoyO7Kwm1zycFbDIeFfdBe4Fplpw3F15I/edit?usp=sharing

    And finally, the Warpick and Canvas Talisman- https://docs.google.com/document/d/15eE5OEle91tw1zjnC1utA6E4VpMSVUNcx5NCXXExP7M/edit?usp=sharing

    I'd love to hear some thoughts on this, and I'll try to keep up with the comments as much as I can! I'm going to post these every week, if I can, with a review for every weapon I managed to get done during the week. And honestly, I'm mostly just doing this for fun, so if nobody reads this or cares, I don't mind, either - I'm totally cool with screaming into the Abyss.

    There are 105 weapons to go, after this... we'll see how far I can make it.

    Stay tuned next week! The next three runs are-

    -Balder Side Sword and Velka's Talisman

    -Gravelord Sword and Cracked Round Shield

    -Broadsword and Target Shield

    Stay safe out there, and don't you dare go Hollow.

    submitted by /u/OVERLORD_SKELEBONE
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite npc? (Options)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    1: Sunbro

    2: Solaire

    3: warrior of sunlight

    4: knight solaire

    5: our sun

    submitted by /u/Destroyer-Of-Realms
    [link] [comments]

    So, I fought pinwheel.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    I knew it would be easy, as I had a +10 claymore and I knew he had low health and basically no attacks, but I didn't think he would be THAT easy. I finished the boss fight in 5 seconds. It takes longer to beat Bowser in the OG MARIO than it takes to beat this joke. The lore behind the boss is really sad, though, I'll give it that.

    submitted by /u/CharliiShapiro
    [link] [comments]

    Bell Gargoyle glitch? They’re just... gone???

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    So, I just got DSRemastered. I summoned lautrec and solaire for the Bell Gargoyle fight and they killed me (got got by the fire breath). But when I came back, the gargoyles were just... gone? I got no drops from them and now the Pardoner guy (Velka's disciple) is also gone. What happened? Has this happened to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/TrueBlue516
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Ruins Everything.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    Does curse affect power within

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    Like does it go slower I need an answer please.

    submitted by /u/Whyiswhyiswhy123
    [link] [comments]

    Found a weird save file on my computer for Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    I booted my game up one day and found a save file on it named "Sanic." He was level 114 and he had atleast 500,000 souls on him at the time. The weapon he was using was a 15+ Washing Pole. He knew no magic and he had very high VIT and DEX. I decided to play on the save for a little bit and it got even weirder. All of the NPCs were dead and I even saw the drops they left behind as if someone had went around killing them and leaving the drops on the floor. He had'nt rung any bells and yet the Onion Dudes Daughter was there DEAD and I got the ring (that's pretty cool I guess). Even the preist dude adn the creastfallen warrior was dead. I went to the Parish and the Blacksmith ANDRE WAS DEAD. What a monster right! So i dont know where the save came from so does anyone know anything about this?

    submitted by /u/btsfan780923470982
    [link] [comments]

    I finally did it!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    I bought the remaster back in 2018. Tried it, sucked hard and gave up.

    I picked it back up after hearing my DM waxing lyrical about DS3.

    It was tough. I got very lost in the Catacombs. I died so many times to the Gargoyles before I realised I could upgrade my weapon. And O&S took a few days.

    But I did it.

    NG+ starts tomorrow. With some looking up to see what I've missed!

    submitted by /u/Harabael
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls is..... different

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    I recently bought remastered for my PS4 and I honestly love the game so far. I recently beat DS3 and DS2 and currently on NG+4 on blood borne so im not unaware of the story for the game. However, I did not expect the controls of DS1 to feel so... stiff and unpolished. I was not expecting diamonds, but I'm surprised that the lack of control is that small and minuscule, or maybe I'm just use to much smoother player dynamics. A remaster doesn't have to be perfect, but there has to be some improvement other than visual, right?

    submitted by /u/jinglst
    [link] [comments]

    I need Help with the Darkroot Garden

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    Hey! Could u give me some pieces of advices for the Darkroot Garden ? My character is a Pyromancer ( Level 22 ) My equipment : - Drake Sword
    - Gargoyle's Halberd - Knight Shield

    submitted by /u/Esgalce
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to PvPSkillz?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    Does anyone remember him? He said he was gonna be very active, but since about 2 years, he is completely gone.

    I really liked his videos and it's strange he suddenly vanished. I couldn't find anything.

    submitted by /u/I_love_Stumbleine
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else hate manus to the point of wanting to evoke him from the game entirely or is it just me?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    Nothing about him is fair

    submitted by /u/ProperScroll
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment