• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 23, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 Ivory King.

    Dark Souls 2 Ivory King.


    Ivory King.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    After 3 hours of hitting my head against the wall, running through Eleum Loyce for my 4 knight comrades, fighting a horde of scorched knights, and finally vanquishing the king, I can say this is one of my favorite boss fights of my video game life. Wow. My heart is still pounding.

    submitted by /u/Fitchner2911
    [link] [comments]

    How do y'all get around soul memory?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    I don't mean mods but like strategically keep your sm low literally just to play with friends :(

    submitted by /u/Alikune
    [link] [comments]

    Black Gulch Walkthrough

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    The Black Gulch can be a hellish experience if you rush in unprepared. But it can also be an easy walk in a radioactive green park if you plan ahead and know what you're doing. As with before, I have a low quality and poorly edited video walkthrough to go along with the written portion.

    Black Gulch Easy Mode

    What To Bring

    1. Poison Defense Gear - Go through your armor and put on whatever has the highest poison resistance. If you explored the Gutter enough you should have the Tattered Cloth set which is among the best. There's a Poisonbite Ring for free in Earthen Peak and for sale from Cromwell in Tseldora. Cromwell will also give you a Ring of Resistance if you have 35 or more Faith. Add all these up and you can take more spit without getting poisoned.
    2. Moss, Common Fruit and Lifegems - Common Fruit is delicious, nutritious and boosts poison resistance. Poison Moss and Lifegems keep you alive if you do get poisoned. Faith builds have access to the spells Perseverance and Caressing Prayer as alternatives.
    3. Fire Arrows - Anything that can deal fire damage at a distance works if you don't have enough. I personally keep a Fire infused Short Bow for this area and explosive barrels.
    4. Poison Resistant Shield - The Blossom Kite Shield blocks 95% of poison by default and 100% when infused with poison. If you don't have it, there's plenty of others that can be substituted. Even 50% block means you can take twice as many hits from the statues.
    5. Some form of spear - You don't even need the stats to use it, as long as it's long, pokey and can attack from behind a raised guard.
    6. (Optional) spells and ranged attacks - All forms of damaging spells can break statues at a distance. Iron Arrows and Heavy Bolts can too, but that's an expensive option. Force is by far the fastest way to clear large patches of statues at a time.
    7. Homeward Bone - Acts as an early warning for Forlorn invasions.

    Bonfire To Wall Worms

    The biggest threat and annoyance of the Black Gulch are the poison spitting statues that flank the path, but they're easily taken care of with the right tools and approach. The first thing to remember is that they stay broken when you rest at a bonfire as long as you don't fast travel or die. So if you get beat up and want to take a break and refill estus, you can go back to the bonfire without losing progress. Now, the safest way to clear them is to shoot every single one with Soul Arrows using Binoculars from a distance, but that's boring and takes forever. The second safest way to clear them is poking from behind the guard of a Blossom Kite Shield. It'll block anything that comes from in front of you. Spears, lances, halberds and thrusting swords are all capable of turtle poking. The fastest way to clear them is attuning a couple copies of Force and blowing them away.

    As you clear the statues down the path, keep a Homeward Bone in your hotbar and watch it closely. There's a Forlorn invasion trigger on the first slope; if your bone greys out then you're about to be invaded. Unfortunately he's immune to poison so you can't just let the statues take care of him, you'll have to fight him. There isn't a lot of room to maneuver without falling off the cliff, but you can also knock him off for a gravity kill.

    Pause before you reach the pools of liquid in the clearing. There are nasty leech monsters in them with a powerful grab attack. Luckily, those pools are full of very flammable oil and lighting them doesn't wake up the leeches. Fire arrows, fireballs, and firebombs all work well. There's also some statues on a ledge overlooking the oil pools that can make your life miserable. To get to them, you need to take a torch over by the cliff and look for a spot to drop down (or look for messages and bloodstains if you're online). That'll lead you to Lucatiel and let you clear those statues.

    To The Second Bonfire

    There's a couple of holes in the wall to your left that worms pop out of. As long as you stay close to the wall and don't stand right in front of the holes, they literally can't hurt you. Wait before you go past them, though, because there's a scripted invasion coming up and a bunch of oil pools. Light all the pools you can before you go forward, then summon Bashful Ray. He's more than a match for any NPC invader and can carry you if you're not good at fighting them. Don't summon Lone Hunter Shmidt, he kinda sucks. With Ray summoned, go ahead and press onward, clearing statues and oil as you go so you have an open area to fight Woodland Child Gully.

    Once the invader is dead, do a circuit of the clearing and take care of any remaining statues. Off near the cliff edge, you should find a narrow ledge leading to a petrified guy. There's a high chance Ray will fall off trying to follow you, but you don't really need him anymore. Behind the petrified hollow is the second bonfire of the Black Gulch and Lucatiel's summon sign. From here, you can go fight the Rotten right away if you want or you can clear the other hidden parts of the Gulch.

    Deep Down Below

    Summon Lucatiel. Go over to the exit from the bonfire and burn the oil pools to get rid of the leeches without dropping down. Once you drop, Gully's brother Victor will invade and you'll have to fight him. Lucatiel can take him, but without any leeches or poison statues there's no reason you can't help. Once he's dead, go back to the bonfire, black crystal Lucatiel and rest. Every phantom you summon causes another giant to spawn down below and they don't go away until you rest at a bonfire. Since NPCs aren't smart enough to get down there with you, you could be facing up to 5 elite giants alone if you're not careful.

    Go burn the oil pools again and light a torch. Go over to the wall worms and look for a ledge to drop to. There's a door there you can't open yet, what you want is deeper down. Look down again for another ledge. It's not easy to see because it's the same texture as the wall, but there's some corpses there and if you're online there'll be messages. From there you can drop to a final ledge with a cave.

    Follow the cave and it'll open into a gigantic chamber where two elite giants await you. You can fight them head on, or you can retreat into the small opening to the sides where they can't attack you. You can also retreat back to the ledge and they won't follow you. Giants are weak to Dark damage and vulnerable to poison. Kill them however you wish and you'll get a Giant Soul and the Forgotten Key. The key opens the door you passed and two others just like it elsewhere. Take the elevator back up and go to the bonfire to get ready for the Rotten.

    The Rotten

    Summon Lucatiel if you want. She doesn't do much damage but she's a good distraction and it's not too hard keep her alive for her quest. If you do, make sure you burn the leech closest to the fog so she doesn't get distracted. With all the invaders and statues taken care of, you shouldn't have any more obstacles to the boss.

    The Rotten is weak to Thrust and Lightning damage. He has really obvious telegraphing of his attacks, but they cover lots of area and deal lots of damage, meaning that if you overextend you'll be punished hard. You also have to be careful of your surroundings because large parts of his arena are on fire and will melt your health bar in a heartbeat. If you focus damage on his arms, you can break them off but it's really not necessary. Be careful of his charged AoE explosion. Its radius is bigger than you think.

    Once the Rotten is dead, you have a Primal Bonfire and the access point to the DLC. You'll need a key found elsewhere if you want to do the DLC.

    submitted by /u/TheHittite
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only person that liked Frigid Outskirts?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    I know that zone gets a lot of shit, and rightfully so because the run to the boss is just so long for a boss that's honestly pretty difficult. And it's possibly I'm biased because I did the zone co-op with a buddy.

    However I thought it was an incredibly unique idea that was executed really well. I think the reindeer were pretty cool enemies (if tough/annoying) and the weather effects leaving you disoriented was way cool. Idk what the general consensus is on the boss but I also thought it was a sick fight.

    The run did get tedious so I understand that complaint for sure, but I think the atmosphere, aesthetic, and just overall unique gameplay makes it really stand out. I think if I had to do it all solo my tune might change though.

    But I also like Shrine of Amana, so maybe I'm just an idiot lmao.

    submitted by /u/monsooonn
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for a PvP newbie?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    I've fought a dozen PvP fights in the Brotherhood of Blood now and never won. Most opponents had way more health, the damage range of the weapons doesnt match with the animation, the backstab detection is too generous to the attacker. The only way to even rarely hit your opponent seems to be Homing Soul Mass, which never does enough damage to win the fight. Are there any viable PvP Spell builds?

    submitted by /u/-Tharanel-
    [link] [comments]

    Playing SoftS last?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    So I've beat DeS, DS1/DSR, DS3 and Bloodborne a few times each but I've never got round to playing DS2 and noticed it's on sale at the moment.

    Is DS2 actually as bad as people say it is, or is it an exaggeration or misconception or what? What can I expect from SoftS having played all the other soulsborne games beforehand?

    submitted by /u/Dr_Schittpost
    [link] [comments]

    Black gluch bug

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    So I got to the black gluch and I hate it but after deciding I wasnt gonna put up with it anymore I started running thorugh it I didnt have a torch so one of those worms out of the ground got me with a grab I was also poisoned and I saw a fog gate so I just started running I died as soon as I entered the fog gate because of the poison when I respawned everything was black except the bonfire I still could move but my character wasnt there only the effect of the cloranthy ring is this a new thing or it's pretty common

    submitted by /u/robertxjsm
    [link] [comments]

    So What's the Soul Memory Meta?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    After all this time, I've finally come to understand what Soul Memory is and the purpose of the Agape Ring. And now that I do, I realize its true value, and I may even start a new character just to keep it fit for PVP (*cough* might be streaming that too on Twitch *cough*).

    But, there is one thing I am unaware of still.

    What is the "Meta" for the Dark Souls 2 SOTFS community, specifically on PS4. Has their been a decided level of soul memory for people to reach and stay at for PVP purposes? I know with how Soul Memory works, it means you can't really enforce a level Meta (and good I say...) but what's the Soul Memory Number Meta?

    Is there even one?

    submitted by /u/Rexlare
    [link] [comments]

    Just got SOFTS for $10 today any tips?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    Just bought Ds2 not my first souls game i've beat bloodborne , DSR , and DS3. Anything i should know before starting ?

    submitted by /u/numistmatist
    [link] [comments]

    Ashen most heart

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    I just got it what do I do with it

    submitted by /u/Dieseldees73
    [link] [comments]

    How much further do I have before finishing this game?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    So basically I've finished Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 3 and they're (1 & 3) in my top 10 games of all time. Skipped 2 because I played it years ago and didn't like it. Decided to dust off my ps4 copy and finish it, and it's still my least favorite but I want to beat the entire trilogy. I'm 23 hours in and just arrived at Shrine of Amana, so possibly without spoilers, and if I rush, how much longer does it go on for? (Excl. DLC, I'll do those another time.) Thanks.

    submitted by /u/CrimsonSalvation
    [link] [comments]

    What weapons does the faraam mascot use?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    The Rotten

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Anyone to assist with the Rotton on first Playthrough used Bonfire Aesthetic. Please save my soul.

    submitted by /u/Ocelot7F
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing through DS2. Trying to get through the Iron Passage.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    What the fuck? I'm losing my sanity.

    submitted by /u/FatLawnmowerMan
    [link] [comments]

    The Loyce GS is my favorite weapon in any Souls game. BUT.....

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    These damn horses and the BLINDING blizzards are making me wonder how I got it on my first playthrough. I've been raped by the horses so many times I'm pregnant with fucking rudolph.

    But the Loyce Greatsword is worth it. Any tips/tutorial videos?

    EDIT: I'm going in again, boys! Thanks for the advice. I'll keep at it.

    submitted by /u/PompousGoblin
    [link] [comments]

    Help with lud and zallen please ps4 sm 40m

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Please this fight is cancer

    submitted by /u/Xternel-
    [link] [comments]

    (Ps4) lv 67 sm 298191 looking for coop friend please

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    Bigus Dickus wym?

    submitted by /u/Sadsadgreirat
    [link] [comments]

    Starting DS 2

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    So I'm just starting DS 2 having gone through DSR a few times. Is it just me or is it really hard to get started in DS 2? Running around with half of a small HP bar, big strength-Dex requirements for any decent item, more stats that need leveling up, the Pursuer. It's brutal.

    submitted by /u/Killuminati19
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Dark Souls 2 For The First Time Today.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    I've been a long-time hater of DS2, I had a lot of trouble getting into it, but I finally put my nose to the grindstone and did it. Once I hit 5 estus charges the game really opened up for me, I still can't bring myself to touch the PVP, the entire SM system makes my skin crawl just thinking about exactly how many souls I've spent/lost on random junk. I've been pleasantly surprised with the base game's last half, especially The Dragon Aerie. The DLC especially impressed me, it felt like an entirely new team was working on them with the drastic improvement in level design and Sir Alonne may be my favorite boss in the Dark Souls Trilogy. The lore is still a weak link for me and its flaws are still many, but I was wrong to hate on it so much, it's certainly not a bad game.

    submitted by /u/Xeo_Nespydonum
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:23 PM PDT

    Good morning everyone!Hope ya'll are doing great!

    so i have a small question. so far my ceastus only run has been going great and im having a lot of fun!already killed sinner,rotten and have unlocked the paths towards the other Great Ones. have a +8 and +7 ceastus atm and im around lvl 110~. My question is:who shall i go for next depending on my level?Freja or Old Iron King?

    thanks in advance!Have a great day ya'll!

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Best weapon for a melee build against Fume Knight?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    Welp, I'm about 50+ tries into the Fume Knight with my pure melee character. I'm like level 180 and I still cannot beat him! I know I suck. Which weapon do y'all suggest? I've been using a +10 Murakumo because I saw someone defeat him in a youtube video with it...

    Also... I'm guessing summoning the helper girl is a bad idea? Ellie seems to die rather quickly.

    submitted by /u/pirpirpir
    [link] [comments]

    "Cannot pass" fog gate

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    Ive just started the game and every exit out of majula has a fog gate that says cannot pass. Ive closed the game and reopened it and they're still there.

    Has anyone else had this or know why?

    submitted by /u/CaesarInAFreezer
    [link] [comments]

    Maughlin

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Yo I just killed Maughlin but I can't find his grave, does anyone know the location of his grave?

    submitted by /u/aurxrq
    [link] [comments]

    Sunbro looking for help to get some sunlight medals

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    I dusted off DS2 some days ago and absolutely fell in love again (played the DLC's for the first time then, albeit having prepurchased them, and they are awesome!)Now I run into the trouble that my old chars are somehow not existing anymore, although I always played via steam and had it backup, however I never got the "all miracles" achievement and sadly there is no way around getting sunlight spear from the sunbros to finish it and summoning is a pain nowadays.

    I'm on NG+3 on PC with a SM of 12,9M right now, lounging in front of the twin dragonriders. Saved going forward from here in hopes I could summon someone for some bosses or be summoned (Throne of Want/twin pursuers).

    I already farmed some medals from Falconers and the biggies in Harvest valley but only got 8 so far with max gear and several ascetics and it's driving me insane.

    Would really appreciate if there are some folks who can help me out with that.

    EDIT: 121 rusted coins are gone and I'm at 26 medals *sigh*

    submitted by /u/Kappa_K
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment