• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 22, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Those 2 rings....

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    Attempt 68 of no bonfire, no death run. I thought I had it this time, those illusory rings were mine. Nashandra had a single hit left. I thought I could do it... until I watched, staring in horror. My xbox controller's battery freaking died. I was rushing to get some batteries but RNG was loving me today and nashandra beamed me. I died. I want those rings but I don't have the heart to do it again. Thanks for reading my stupid fail.

    Edit: I just died to Velsadlt on my 69 (Haha funny number) run. This was my first challenge run so I think I'll try some other challenge runs and come back to this one when I git gud. It's a shame that I won't be getting those 2 sexy rings soon. Anyway thanks for all of your support, time for a level 1 run through the game. :)

    submitted by /u/Xonius123
    [link] [comments]

    It only took 95 hours...

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:57 PM PDT

    But I finally put Aldia back in the ground and walked away from the throne on my own two feet! I feel like a bit of a cheater because I respec-ed to a magic build for Aldia (I got tired of dying ok?) but I stayed true to my ugs build for every other boss.

    It's amazing how much control we have over the difficulty based on our builds! I was a zweihander tower shield tank until the dlcs, then I started experimenting with lighter/no armor, and finally went full mage (19% weight) for Aldia. I think the light armored zwei was most fun, rolling and smashing, but I did miss my high poise against the loyce knights.

    And the areas, wow! DSR was beautifully put together, like a puzzle, but DS2 was so varied, even short sections had me enjoying the scenery. I think my favorite area to play (not look at lol) was the Shrine of Amana. The LGK held me up for about 10 hours or so, and looking across the Shrine from atop the tower, hearing that eerie song, just felt like the best thing in Drangleic. Not to mention it's the easiest part of the game! Walk softly and carry a +6 blackbow, enjoy that lullaby.

    But aside from the LGK (choke on a spider dick you fucking shit lord) the boss that took me the longest was also probably one of my favorites: Raime. He was the boss that made me really master my rolls and counters. He was the boss that made me strip all my armor, all my shields, all unnecessary gear, and stand tall with nothing but a big sword and a grin as he finally collapsed into the dirt. He took hours of my life from me, and I never once felt mad about it, I just wanted to roll faster, dodge closer, strike harder. Beating Raime with nothing but rings, estus, and a zweihander is a feeling I wish everyone could have (seriously, even at +10 with 50str I was doing ~300 a swing unless I got a strong 2h counter) cause it was pure unadulterated well-earned pride.

    DSR will always define Souls gameplay for me, it was my first and I love it. But DS2 has the true heart and soul of what Souls should be. Everything was disparate, yet connected. No, the maps weren't perfectly 100% fitted to each other. No, the new zwei moveset wasn't a smashing success. But the npcs, the disjointed and aimless goal, the overwhelming feeling in each area that they were slipping into nothingness and would take your hollowed bones with them if you let them, the sheer rejuvenation of hearing that wonderful theme as you step back into that tiny refuge on the cliffs, the child of darkness and dragons who binds her fate to yours the same as all queens to their kings. . .

    I won't be swinging my zwei again soon, but on a sunny day you can look and see me beside the queen on the cliffs, waiting for the winds to bring me back to that decrepit gate, without really knowing why...

    submitted by /u/ohgodohwomanohgeez
    [link] [comments]

    This game has such an awesome and informative intro

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Title. Love the intro on this game so much.

    submitted by /u/ErichPryde
    [link] [comments]

    Well, that was satisfying. (Black Dragon Knight Cheese)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    https://vimeo.com/440778589

    (Apologies for the loud audio!)

    I was really hoping this strategy would work better for PVE Dragon Scale farming. Alas, not so much, as I only seem to get one every four or five runs.

    The only challenge with this approach is that - very occasionally - one of the knights will open the door. If so, sprint back to the earlier door and attempt the same thing, though you are unlikely to draw the entire mob down the hallway. Also, make sure you are on the correct side of the door before closing it unless you want a quick death.

    submitted by /u/Schub21
    [link] [comments]

    Returning to game this week after a few years hiatus, I have finally beaten Fume Knight.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    I finally got gud with a +10 greatsword.

    I stopped playing in 2016 midway through Brume Tower. I returned this week and after around 6 hours of attempts I've beaten him.

    Now to fight super-clean floor samurai.

    submitted by /u/ic203
    [link] [comments]

    I hate rat and dog enemies and wish they were removed from the game. Am I crazy?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    I mean their dash attacks come out so ridiculously fast and turns their entire body into a hitbox on what looks like frame 1 of their attack coming out. Probably the enemy that gives me the most trouble in all souls games.

    submitted by /u/Zer0Deception
    [link] [comments]

    (Ps4)Got about 25 minutes left on my download, would anybody want to play with me?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    DS2 > D1 > D3. If you agree tell me why.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    I know my opinion will be unpopular but this is the order for me.

    What's your reasoning if you agree ?

    submitted by /u/LuvTheSmellofCyanide
    [link] [comments]

    NG+ / Plat Woes

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    I'm working on plat'ing DS2. I got all the trophies I could before going on to NG+. The only ones I didn't get are the Masters of Sorcery / Miracles (I need Blinding Bolt [NG+], Bountiful Sunlight [NG++], Wrath of the Gods [NG++]) / Pyromancy (I need Great Chaos Fireball [NG++], Forbidden Sun [NG+], and Flame Weapon [NG+]) / Hexes (I need Numbness [NG+]), and Moonlight Greatsword because I didn't summon Benhart enough.

    I've never played on NG+ before and got my butt KICKED by the new falconers on the way to the firekeeper house in Things Betwixt. And the little dog-things that used to run from me are now attacking me. The game got a lot more difficult, real fast. I didn't play much after that since I'd been playing for a few hours by that time anyway, and I'm not too far off from fighting the Last Giant. So far, the new falconers and the attacking dog-things are the only differences I've seen.

    I've heard one of the biggest strengths of DS2 lies in enemy differences in NG+ and beyond. I wasn't prepared for the difficulty spike, and it makes me fear NG++.

    I don't know if I really have a point to this post, just wanted to share my thoughts.

    submitted by /u/ZippityDooDoo
    [link] [comments]

    What's your headcanon for the story behind items that drop from enemies?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    Like, for example:

    The dogs in the lost Bastille drop souls of a nameless soldier, which makes me think that there was at one point in the dark souls universe a dog army

    The spiders in brightstone cove tseldora drop a shit ton of weapons, so I'm thinking that they just have weapons for legs and we cut them off to get the weapons (zweihander spider)

    I'm curious about what other funny item drop headcanons other people have here.

    submitted by /u/Ligma_bols
    [link] [comments]

    What's the trading community for DS2 called? Looking for Hidden Weapon

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    If anyone can drop me hidden weapon in exchange for something else, that'd be great! And while your there, if you could drop the trading subressit for DS2 that'd be awesome too.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/JonathanYippy04
    [link] [comments]

    Project: Dark Souls X Magic the Gathering has begun!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    Chosen Undead of Reddit! My brother and I have undertaken a massive project: a crossover of the Dark Souls Universe and Magic the Gathering.

    With a total of 900 total cards, spanning Demon's Souls thru Dark Souls 3, we have managed to set up some preliminary details on how we want the set to go, including unique mechanics.

    However, as we start to hit our final phase, we need your help! As you can imagine, 900 images of places and characters is a lot for us to handle. Which is why we turn to you.

    We humbly request you send us screenshots, from any of the three games, to better help us get the best representation of the Soulsborne Genre.

    With that being said, here are some ground rules:

    1. Please DO NOT send us fan art. We would like to keep the game's creators/art directors as the sole source.
    2. Do not send us full-made cards. A minor point, but both of us have worked on this for over a year, half of which was spent on how our mechanics would work. If you have suggestions on how a card should be made, you are free to comment with your submission.
    3. Make sure the HUD is turned off for all submissions. The more of the original image we can work with, the better.
    4. Please email all submissions to [DarksoulsMTG@gmail.com](mailto:DarksoulsMTG@gmail.com). We plan to credit everyone whom makes a submission via the card(s) they sent screenshots for.

    The screenshot associated with this post, along with my username, DarkSoulsMTG, would be an example of a submission.

    We thank you in advance for your creativity and dedication!

    Here is a link to the listing for Dark Souls 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lC6fjdSBMQM-Di1r8Pv6kJbQgMnXkHuNy-_uEkk8gqw/edit?usp=sharing

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulsMTG
    [link] [comments]

    Have you noticed there are way more friendly invader in ds2 than 1 and 3?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    I don't know whenever I play 1 I get invaded by twinks. And 3 I always get invaded by dark hand users. But in 2 I always get invaders who drop me a ton of stuff

    submitted by /u/twerp1234
    [link] [comments]

    Shield pushback

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    Does any stat lower medium shield block pushback?

    submitted by /u/Squirtle1000
    [link] [comments]

    Do you need all DLC spells to earn 100% achievements in SotFS?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    So I've just spent 60 hours running through the game 2.5 times to make sure I had everything, went the wellager to buy what I thought was the final spells but I didn't get the achievements, except the pyromancy one where I did get outcry on my first run just by chance.

    Have I fucked up? I know in DS you didn't need DLC spells so I didn't pursue them this time and it's gonna be a major ballache to slog through each of the DLCs in NG++

    submitted by /u/Mitmoo99
    [link] [comments]

    I truly think there’s probably stuff in this game still not discovered

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    That could be said about most games, but mostly it's about mechanics. I'm talking fake walls here, no matter how well I think I know this game I'll be watching someone on youtube and be like wtf theres a fake wall there, wtf theres a pharros lockstone there. I think it's one reason as well why it's perhaps mt favourite, even though some of these fake walls are ridiculous seeing it always makes me wanna go back and find it

    submitted by /u/DanTay19
    [link] [comments]

    What are bosses that most people hate, but you love?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    For me:

    Ancient Dragon: Peaceful, friendly, gives you a present. Only a monster would provoke such a pristine entity.

    Lud & Zallen: I've been naughty today, punish me!

    Royal Rat Authority: A hard-difficult boss, but once you defeated his minions (Soul Appease works great for that) the fight is quite enjoyable, yes-yes!

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    Failed to load characther data

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Okay so I am new to darkouls 2 and I been playing for like 2 week. I got to lvl 105 but my PC is a bit weaker anyway. My darksouls crashed 2 times and PC reset itself on its own 2 times

    After I entered game again there was a message: "Failed to load characther data"

    My question is: Is there any way i can recover my data I have 2 chars and only one data folder And would it help if i make a copy of the folder everytime i end up playing darkouls and keep it in case it gets damaged or something I think that my character data might be corrupted

    I also tried looking up on the internet and youtube video but when i make a new char and exit there is no new char data

    Id appreciate if anyone can help me I dont wanna lose a game progress im almost halfway in the game first time playing it

    submitted by /u/CosmoMortis
    [link] [comments]

    Question for Souls 2 Players

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    Do you play on the later gen consoles? (Ps4 & xbox one) or do you play on the old gen consoles (ps3, 360) If you play on the old gen, why?

    submitted by /u/gemsjor501
    [link] [comments]

    Help with a build please.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    I am looking for a pve ultra greatsword build i wanted some help. I have sourced one from no mans wharf. But got lost ont what to do after that. And is it better to parry or dodge. Thanks

    submitted by /u/kxng-ray
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 is on sale on ps4

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    Just to spread awareness etc. Hopefully some new meat for the grinder will come through as a result.

    submitted by /u/xxITZAzzOxx
    [link] [comments]

    So... about bonfire aesthetics

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    I'm in NG, and I wanted to get the Royal Soldier's Ring +2 by killing Velstadt a second time. Thing is... before I used the Bonfire Aesthetic Vendrick was still walking the room, alive (Sort of). So, if I didn't kill Vendrick BEFORE I used the BA, he does not get affected by it so he is not more difficult... right? I don't know if I explained myself good but I think you guys get the point haha.

    submitted by /u/Valenisse
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment