• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 26, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Scholar has so many ambushes that I made a jumpscare compilation out of the first area only (first playthrough, blind)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:56 AM PDT

    I don't like scary/spooky movies, never watched and will not watch horrors, and I'm apparently a huge wuss. The amount of ambushes in SotFS coupled with me being absolutely blind and reading chat while exploring made for a handful hilarious jumpscares. My community still keeps laughing at me whenever I flinch, so I guess there will be an Episode 2 sooner than later.

    Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMps9VjacbA

    I hope it'll make you laugh too. :) I suppose it's 18+ for the obscene language, lol.

    PS DS2 made me rage quit twice so far (Heide's Tower and Iron Keep), but I'm not giving up yet.

    PS2 Since a lot more people liked it than I anticipated: you can watch my DS2 struggles live on Twitch every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8 PM CET. See you there! :)

    submitted by /u/Raisslin
    [link] [comments]

    FANART : The pursuer!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    I Went Hollow

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 05:33 AM PDT

    I'm a very stupid man. I needed to reset my PC and instead of checking I just assumed that DS2 has cloud saving like PTDE, but nope. Lost my save file where I was playing the DLCs (was in the middle of the second) just before the ending

    80 hours gone. );

    I had nowhere to rant, so thanks for reading!

    What was your stupid thing that made you go hollow?

    submitted by /u/AncientInferiority
    [link] [comments]

    To The Invader at Drangleic Castle

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    It's my first playthrough in this game, and I had finally beaten the two giant guards leading to the castle when you invaded my game. In fear I ran past you to try and find a bonfire, only to find enemies and a giant closed gate. You must have seen my panic, because you graciously showed me how to open the door, and for that I thank you! Keep being awesome my friend!

    submitted by /u/Ignish
    [link] [comments]

    I really dislike the way Dark Souls 2 handles its difficulty.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    I've played Dark Souls 1 and 3 numerous times, and now I'm making my way through 2 for the first time. I have to say, the difficulty in this game is the most "bullshit-centric" of the series.

    Current example: I'm stuck on the Old Iron King boss. His moveset isn't irritating and he has a generously small health pool, but his arena is what does me in every time. He always manages to push me into the lava surrounding the arena, or worse, into that little pool by the wall. At one point I tried to heal in the corner only for his hand laser to ignore that wall and snipe me into the lava.

    Up to now I've dealt with up to 5 knight-class enemies in a tiny area, spammy tank enemies, unpredictable environmental hazards, that nonsense poison statue area in Black Gulch, and a decreasing health bar with every death (even with the ring).

    This game is brutal, and not in a fun, challenging, rewarding way like DS1. The developers obviously wanted to make this game hard without attention towards balancing, player learning curves, or why DS1 was hard in the first place.

    Still gonna beat it though. Just a small rant. I actually enjoy almost every other aspect of this game. The lore is great and I love the atmosphere, and the online community is surprisingly fun. It's just the occasional wall that I run into where my death doesn't feel like my fault.

    submitted by /u/Carnival-of-Meat
    [link] [comments]

    Who is your favorite SOTFS summonable NPC?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    For me it is Bradley of the Old Guard. The dude does damage and will buff his weapon. He will also drink estus and drop heals for you. And if an invader shows up Bradley tends to break their gear if he lands a hit or two.

    Who is your pick?

    submitted by /u/mikewill0811
    [link] [comments]

    The triple gankers

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    I need help with the ruin sentinals what are some tips to beat them?(yes I know r/summonsign is a thing I just wanted to check here first)

    submitted by /u/Notswagamany
    [link] [comments]

    New players: You start with basically no iframes

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    Lots of people don't give the game a chance because the hit detection feels awful. The hit detection is actually fine, you just have no iframes. In dark souls 3 you have 13 iframes under 30% equip load and 12 under 70%. To have the same in ds2 you need 99 agility (for 12) or 105 agility (for 13). Agility is raised by levelling adaptability or to a lesser extent attunement.

    Also to the hacker who invaded me and killed the dragon I was about to fight last night: Go fuck yourself, I wanted to fight him. If I wanted help I woud ask someone who is good at the game.

    submitted by /u/RileyTrodd
    [link] [comments]

    My "Beat Fume!" post as required by law

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    I put him off as long as I could, but when you're doing a despawn run, there's kind of a hard limit on how long you can stall. After clearing the entirety of Brume Tower except for the path to the Memory of Old Iron King and one other side area with an Ashen Idol, plus clearing the Iron Passage and fighting Smelter II: Feelin' Blue, I finally had to man up.

    Took about a dozen attempts total using various combinations of (eventual winners bolded) Craftsman's Hammer or Red Iron Twinblades; buffed with Crystal Magic Weapon or Dark Weapon; wielding the Gyrm Greatshield, Blossom Kite Shield on my back (stamina regen bonus), or one or two other ones I've already forgotten; and Velstadt's Helm (for the instant phase 2) or Pharros Mask (which I was hoping would be like wearing a permanent Flash Sweat, but not nearly). Rings were always Flame Quartz +3 & Dark Quartz +3 and Chloranthy +1, with the fourth going between Blades +1 and Third Dragon. Rest of armor was Black Witch Robe & Gloves and Chaos Boots for the resistances.

    I also tried the NPC summons a couple of times when I was human but gave up on them pretty quickly, because they were dying before Fume hit half health and leaving me to try to finish the remaining half while only doing 100 per hit with Craftsman's Hammer instead of 300 when solo. Probably karmic payback for the NPCs helping me cheese the shit out of Blue Smelter.

    I guess I can be counted in the camp that does better with Fume going straight to phase 2 and giving me fewer moves to remember--not a big surprise, knowing myself. (Bonus: Him spawning and then immediately doing his phase 2 buff gives lots of time for unsportsmanlike twinblade action). Another thing that I think might have tipped it over into victory was actually remembering to use the damn Lifegems to help supplement the Estus. I always have trouble with that.

    Big thanks to everyone who posted requests for help with him and/or victory stories. I'm sure reading so many of those posts and the replies also helped a lot.

    Now for the Memory and Sir Alonne, then that last little side branch, and then it's on to my very last area to despawn, the Ivory King DLC.

    submitted by /u/Calidore266
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for help

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    haven't played much from the souls series over all but i did play 3 and I love it, however I'm not too great at it off the bat as I get really confused as to where to go or what to do, and the reason I got into was to play along side friends and game grumps about a year ago, I want to enjoy this whole series but if I play on my own I fear that I'll be unable to do so, so if anyone of you out there is willing to assist me on my way to conquer all these games I'd greatly appreciate them, I play on PS4 and can give my pdn when needed

    submitted by /u/Change-Unusual
    [link] [comments]

    Invaders broke me

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    I got to the iron keep and I got to this room with spiky walls and bull statues that give off flames but I dies because of the flames and I returned back to the previous area and i thought to myself this is ok i got there with less estus than i have now then i got invaded by i think it's a npc armorer denis and I died 3 times to her and finally when I killed her I wasnt in the mood on playing but tried to find a bonfire proceeding to die another 5 times ruining the rest of my day

    submitted by /u/robertxjsm
    [link] [comments]

    Majestic Greatsword

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    Found my new favorite weapon. Great moveset, can pancake if you want to, and does a lot of damage.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting detail

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    Did you guys notice: when you press Start ( or platform specific equivalent of menu), the character transitions from battle stance to a more relaxed position

    submitted by /u/InfamousGhost07
    [link] [comments]

    How far am I into the game?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    I just got to Lost Bastille from No Mans Wharf. How far am I? (Not doing dlc)

    submitted by /u/Royal-Duck-Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Drangleic still number one

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    Baba sheep here.

    Back 2 souls after a long long while, finally convinced myself to give DS3 a honest go. It's okay I guess, all I've got left is Ringed City and the final boss although uhhh, somehow I can't see myself wrapping this up soon.

    Tons of good shit with DS3 but somehow, I still keep thinking bout Drangleic. Although I've already almost finished it for nth time few weeks ago (DLC left), I get the itch to start another character. I just love DS2 early game so much! Ability to take different path every single time is so incredicly refreshing and just, pleasant. Beating the same bosses, collecting the same items, over and over again I just kind of don't mind doing it forever.

    Downside is I always burn out with a couple DLC bosses left and put the game down, the come back after some time and the cycle continues...I know game's unfinished, I know some bosses are whack and I'm first to admit it, but when it comes to just sitting down and going through a souls game, 2 is easy winner.

    Nothing but a smol token of appreciation to all sheep still playin and being part of the game. Still fairly populated on PC. And it seems over time more and more people come to appreciate DS2. Drangleic will never die.

    EDIT: coz i forgot, heide spear for life and you know it. Tell me, why heide spear is the best in your opinion.

    We are number one :baba: cheers, bebe.

    submitted by /u/KingBabaWooloo
    [link] [comments]

    Nearing the end of the base game, need advice for order of progress from here.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    I have been going at two different chars for awhile now. To clue in where I am, most recent actions I have taken (collectively, I won't go into the differences of the play-throughs).

    Defeated -Velstadt, Darklurker, Giant Lord, Ancient Dragon

    From here, I am not nearly as certain as to what to target next for a cohesive experience and a smooth through line to game completion, particularly with the DLC and its integration into the end game. Walkthroughs that I have perused to get a sense of progression either are terrible (player seems either drunk or never played DS before) or incomplete from petering out half-way through or preoccupied with being a speed-run of some sort.

    Guidance to finish off this game in the best way possible would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/tk-not21
    [link] [comments]

    The worst area

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    For me its the FUCKING SHRINE OF AMANA. I fucking hate that place! Its dark, the water is only slows YOU down but not the enemies, those fucking mages and the water doggos are ultimately annoying, the boss in the end is fucking ugly and shitty, and the whole fucking place has literally no lore. To make things worse its cannot be skipped and there is no shortcuts (or i didnt found any) The only positive thing about that shitty area that is the water is not poisonous, at least! What is your most hated area in DS2 and why? Feel free to share!

    submitted by /u/Reinn_515
    [link] [comments]

    Coop problems

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    Me and a friend have been playing the entire game together and now it won't let us join each other but we are both able to use our soap stones and I am not in a covenant but he's in the blue covenant. What should we do.

    submitted by /u/polarisdeerhawlr
    [link] [comments]

    What staff should I be using

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    I'm a good deal through my first playthrough as a mage, Level 90 with 40 Int, 31 Atn, and 23 FTH. I went through the Forest, Tower of Flame, Lost Bastille, Sinner's Rise, Hunstman's Corpse, and harvest valley.

    I'm still using the beginning sorcerer staff +5, and I feel I need/could use an upgrade.

    I have the bone and sunset staves not upgraded yet. Do I switch to one of them? Is there a more powerful one I missed that I can pick up/buy?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Oathkeeper-Oblivion
    [link] [comments]

    DLC is bugged and enemies die without touching them

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    So i started playing the dlc, everything went normal but after dying the first time. The enemies started dying ok their own and flying all around the map. I tried fighting aava but he doesnt even appear, if i try to help someone beat it it doesnt work either. Does anybody had this problem? Would it help to reinstall the game or are the areas corrupted trough the safe file? Im playing on ps3 btw

    submitted by /u/JackUnderpants
    [link] [comments]

    Got spooked

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    Skeleton lords, I done 1/4 of their hp. Not even that strong, but the spooky rolly pollys make it harder. I'm doing a power stanced longsword build, but I might use the bastard sword for this one. Any tips or suggestions? (Like elemental weaknesses, tactic, rant about power stance attacks do too little dmg for that much stamina...)

    submitted by /u/InfamousGhost07
    [link] [comments]

    "Shion" appreciation

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    I played through Iron King today, probably my 4th time through, and I had planned to go it alone and just try out my powerstanced bastard swords on the enemies here. I went down to the second bonfire, and was surprised out how easy it was. And once I was there, I saw a summon sign for Shion. Ok, I said. Might as well see if I can get this guy to help me out with that room with the Idol, Iron Warrior, and AShen warriors all crammed in it. Summoned him ,and it turned out that this guy was totally worth it. Drakekeeper Armor, the Moonlight Greatsword, and a tower shield (whichever one you get by Targray after Old Dragonslayer) and we started off. Cut through that room with arrows and swords, before heading out onto the cliff with the Brume Sorcerers and Ashen warriors. We soundly trounced them, and continued on to the Foyer bonfire. I expected Shion to Black Crystal out, but no. He stuck around, and we went to go get the Scorching Iron Scepter. For the first time, Quicksword Rachel went down without a fight, thanks to the stunlocking power of the Moonlight GS and two bastard swords. Fought through the fat exploding guys, and once I got the scepter we headed back. Still, I expected him to leave, but he stayed. We went down the elevators, and began the trek towards Fume Knight. We destroyed all of the Ashen Warriors we found, before the both of us sniped the Iron Warrior in front of the door lever. Ran through, and while I was running past all the enemies (the ones that revive thanks to the Idols) and he hung back. I tried to get him on to the elevator, and he finally did, leaving all the enemies behind. Then, while I ran around using my 4 Smelter Wedges on the Idols, Shion dodged the two Iron Warriors. Finally, I made a break to Raime's fog gate, and he followed. I waited inside, let him use his (I guess) last Estus Flask, and ran towards the sword. Raime entered, and the battle began. How did it end? It ended with me having forgotten to get the bonfire RIGHT NEXT TO HIM and having to walk all the way back from the Foyer. Shion fell first against Raime, who had maybe 1/4 HP left? I tried my hardest to dodge him, but I was low on heals as well (I hadn't rested at a bonfire since the very first one of the DLC) and I was trying to get a handle on when to hit him with my swords. Once I died though, I made it back, lit the bonfire, and killed him next try. So thanks, Shion. You made my pass through Brume Tower MUCH faster than I expected.

    submitted by /u/Bryankc14
    [link] [comments]

    Bullying bosses

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    Hey , my character memory soul tier is 39 and i want to get the sun light spear from the sunlight covenant. please contact me.

    Believe me it's so much fun bullying bosses.

    ( faith build )

    submitted by /u/Mamoon_sama
    [link] [comments]

    Majestic Greatsword

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    Should I infuse it? If so, what infusions are good for it?

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment