• Breaking News

    Monday, July 27, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Death counter hit 400 million last week

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1460806998514277556/0879311FD3FCF853702512DBF0C9B7FDDE4ADACF/

    It happened sometime last Thursday. Was expecting someone else to notice but I guess I get to post it. 300 million was hit December 2018 so it took about 1.5 years to get another 100 million.

    (I'm new to DS2, is this global across all versions or only for PC version?)

    submitted by /u/neckro23
    [link] [comments]

    Attunenment slot

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    I may sound extremely stupid but how do I get attunenment slots I have 0 rn

    submitted by /u/batu_04
    [link] [comments]

    Defeated Sinh for the first time.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    Longtime souls player here, but I picked up 2 for the dlcs and sotfs changes.

    Man, my hands were soaked after the fight. Took two tries, due to being overleveled. Main reason I'm posting is because I didn't know he broke weapons during the fight.

    "Greatsword +10 broken"

    Me: wtfs ok?

    Frantically searches through menu for repair powder

    Uses repair powder

    Me:"OK? Broken weapons cant be repaired with powder. Fuck.

    Dodges fireball. Really sweating now Sinh is at 40% hp.

    Me: oh yeah I made a +10 club to try.

    Me: Swaps weapon and continues fight

    Wins

    Super fun and frantic fight. Start of this dlc did not sit with me well, but the payoff at the end was worth it. The more I play 2 the more I think it could be my favorite.

    submitted by /u/Milk_Party
    [link] [comments]

    Which bosses should I be wary of most?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    I've already beaten 3, (last giant, old Dragonslayer, and dragonriders)it's my first playthrough and I wonder what I should be scared of when I see that red bar appear

    submitted by /u/Change-Unusual
    [link] [comments]

    Despawn mechanic

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    Dying so much to a boss that he path to the boss cuts you some slack

    submitted by /u/liquidsodium211
    [link] [comments]

    Defeating Invisible Aava [NG+0]

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    Hey all! Just like the title says, I beat Aava without getting the Priestess Eye so he was invisible throughout the entire fight. I wanted to make a compilation clip of all the times I had tried so I could keep count of how many attempts it took me, but ended up making a short little video!

    Since this is the first video I've ever made, I took some inspiration from Ymfah for some of the editing.

    I hope you enjoy! Feel free to share it if you want :)

    https://youtu.be/eR0ZAQB3VQ4

    Side Note: I made this with the free version of Filmora9, so it has an obnoxious watermark. I didn't want to pay $70 to remove it, so sorry for any info it covers up. I'll be happy to answer any questions here or in the comments of the video.

    submitted by /u/scott_exe
    [link] [comments]

    How to enjoy the game better?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Through july I've been playing Dark Souls 1 non-stop. Because of all the media it got I presumed it was just 'that game that is hard'. It wasn't. I loved every bit of it (except maybe demon ruins + lost izalith). I got completely reeled in by the world, the lore, the gameplay... After having finished it, I went blind into Dark Souls 2, because why not? I loved the first game.

    I've now put in about 7 hours and I am completely dumbfounded. Playing this game gives me an emotion I cannot describe. It feels so off. I welcome the improvements to combat, but everything else feels.. strange. It feels nothing like how I felt going through Dark Souls 1 and I cannot describe why. I'm only at the second area (Heide's tower of flame) and I'm already completely uninterested in playing any further. I want to enjoy this game and it feels straight up unfair that I cannot.

    Am I doing something wrong? How did you guys manage to go through the game?

    Edit: Title might be a little misleading, sorry for that

    submitted by /u/Substantial-Style-44
    [link] [comments]

    Want to use some strength based weapons

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    I wanted some recommendation on the best strength based weapons in dark souls 2.Please let me know if u have a recommendation

    submitted by /u/Admirable_Log_502
    [link] [comments]

    Forsaken - Soulslike Text Adventure

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Forsaken is a Text Adventure RPG (currently under development) set in a fantasy world. The mechanics included and the way the lore is given could result in it being considered a soulslike game (at least partially, given the nature of Text Adventures). The game is planned to be released in android around September - October. It will be free, without any ads or micro-transactions whatsoever. Below is a link to the game's splash screen Icon. Feel free to ask questions and share your thoughts :)https://imgur.com/gallery/2KhHqUV For more updates follow us at r/ForsakenTextAdventure

    submitted by /u/Alex_Williams7
    [link] [comments]

    Why Am I doing 130 damage with Flame Swathe Spell, +9 Pyromancy Flame and 30 Intelligence and Faith?!!! The same's Happening on other spells too of Pyromancy, Magic, Lighting, etc..

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    Beaten the Spook Lords! (2nd try)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    It wasn't that hard, first time the skeletons ganked me. Next time I forgot to bring Alluring Skulls (sorry Hittite) but I still cheesed it. It isn't even that hard, the pillars give you cover to heal, you can also use them to separate the rollers and the skeleton fighters. It took some Lifegems, but it was ok.

    submitted by /u/InfamousGhost07
    [link] [comments]

    What I would change about The Old Iron King boss fight

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    I felt like the old iron king as a boss was a bit lackluster the hole in the platform can certainly be frustrating but take that away and the boss isnt the greatest challenge. He is supposed to be an old one someone really powerful and sadly he can be a pretty big pushover therefore I came up with something to spice up the fight if I could remodel it . I would first of all make the king be in the middle of the arena so he would be in the middle of a circular arena and you would circle around him , make it be able to easily be able to attack his body whenever you want not without the risk of you falling into the lava , five him a about 1000 more hp , have 2 fazes to the fight one where he is in the middle of the arena and after certain amount of hp he gets up on the platform with you obviously the platform would be bigger than it is now and someone through a cutscence he seals the hole in the middle of the platform and starts fighting you , I would make some of his moves a bit faster and I would give him some new attacks. I would make him breathe fire into the air and make some parts of the arena off limits and intensifying the combat , I would give him a grab and some other attacks and then change the sound track create a really epic sound track in honour of the iron king and thats just some of the ideas. I would be very curious what you would change about some of these bosses and if you like my ideas

    submitted by /u/robertxjsm
    [link] [comments]

    black knight greataxe

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    how can i attack with two black knight greataxes at the same time?

    submitted by /u/SwiftySuicide
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Dark Souls 2 for the first time, but...

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    So i finished my first playthrough of DS2, but something odd happened. I decided to put my summon sign on the last boss room to help someone, so we killed the boss that is two guards, the skeleton woman, and... That blop lava thing appeared and it was a boss. The host died and i tried helping someone again but nobody came, so i summoned someone and beat the boss. I was expecting the blop thing to appear but it don't happened on my world, so the game just ended. I want to do another playthrough without looking too much at wikis and all, so can someone tell me why it did not appear on my gameplay? And killing it is the way to see another ending?

    submitted by /u/hyze101
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking help/advice

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    So I'm a somewhat new player, and after playing DS2 and DS3, I've decided I want to do an achievement run of 2 soon. My boyfriend has gotten a lot of them already done, mostly just the ones you get from just running through the game as is, but still need stuff like the Master of (insert here), so collecting all pyromancies, miracles, gestures, etc. I was wondering if there were any active players who could give me literally any advice, information, or even help with any fights or stuff if there are active players anymore. Anything would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/sutxrxito
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what Binding Bolt scales with?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    I want to get some copies and spice it down a lot for my build, but I would like to know if it's worth it, or one of the strange scaling spells in the game where the chime doesn't matter. Does it scale with your chime's lightning damage, your base lightning bns, or your total faith? Also, please lmk the same answer for Sunlight Spear if you know, my build is staying low level to help farm it.

    submitted by /u/Frostknight1
    [link] [comments]

    Summoners

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    Be nice and bow back, u want help on the easiest boss(guardian dragon) then bow back!

    submitted by /u/BakedLegendJoe23
    [link] [comments]

    I killed Darklurker the 2nd time I saw it.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    I'm replaying DS2, after it's been years and everything I knew was a vague memory, like I just did with the first game before this. I only went through the base game and didn't know about Darklurker then. Since I finished the main game yesterday and killed Twin Pursuers for their ring, I decided it's time to go to the Abyss, and I've been scared of what I'd find, after reading what others have said about Darklurker.

    The first time I saw the boss, I was unprepared, having used all of my estus clearing the Gutter Chasm. The 2nd time, I was prepared with knowledge I had from reading about this. I knew it does dark damage, so I put on the best dark armor I had and Dark Quartz Ring +1. And I knew it's weak to elements. My build is dexterity power stancing, but I got a few spell slots and upgraded a pyromancy flame for the rare times I want fire on my sword or on enemies. So I was already prepared for when the boss split in 2. I found a safe time to make a fire tempest, then threw a few great fireballs, and the scary part was over sooner than I expected. That was amazing, and I had to come share my story.

    submitted by /u/Kurenai999
    [link] [comments]

    Old whip ps3 ver.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Can I get the old whip from Dillo & Tillo with the small smooth and silky stone on ps3? Cuz.... I've been restarting the game like 75 times trying to get it (no joke!!!!!).....?????

    Edit: On the scholar of the first sin edition

    submitted by /u/tHUG_sWiZzLE801
    [link] [comments]

    Pursuer 0 hit

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    I decided to share with you guys my pursuer 0 hit video, i hope you like and help some of you having problems with him. Sorry for the horrible quality my PC is trash. I am with 25 adp so the iframes are good. Pursuer 0 hit

    submitted by /u/GehrmanVedaeleth
    [link] [comments]

    I just got the lizard staff on NG+... ON MY 3rd try!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Hell i feel like i won the lottery lmao

    Now idk what to do with it pfff

    submitted by /u/devilseden
    [link] [comments]

    Low end pc guy, which version to buy.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    Hello ds2 community, I just ended ds1 prepare to die edition and I can say I had a blast with the game. As you can understand from the title my pc isn't what we call a proper gaming pc. Specifically in ds1 I had to downgrade the graphics to its lowest level, disable anti-aliasing, lock fps at 30 etc. After completing the game I created a new character and I am near to the end of it and decided to play the next game. Actually I didn't expect it, but after watching some benchmarks with the specific specs my pc has, the game runs at 25-30 fps (pretty similar to ds1). A friend of mine suggested me If I ever try ds2, I should get sotfs edition. I searched for some benchmarks about this edition with my specs, but couldn't find something. In differences between the 2 versions I found that the sotfs is better optimized for modern PCs ( I own a laptop model of 2013).

    My specs are: GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 CPU: i3-3110M 2.4 GHz RAM: 4GB Resolution: 1366x768 Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

    I wouldn't bother you If I could download the game and refund it, but 99% I will purchase this via a key (you can't refund games bought outside of Steam). So the main question of this post is: Which edition should I buy for my low end pc to have the best performance (actually the title). I would really appreciate answers from people with the specific or similar specs (but you know every single answer is good :) ).

    submitted by /u/DragonEmperor7
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite souls pvp community

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    Really this is just fluff but anyways. Let me preface with I am BAD AT PVP. I am here for co-op and pve.

    In dark souls 1 I was regularly murdered alongside my friend who was so freaked out by pvp that said friend would run from invaders. It made our co-op run difficult. In 3 the story was similar. It made the gammit to Aldrich miserable. The pvpers were salty that they had to deal with so many casual pvers that they took it out on us. Mutual ire.

    I've run 2 solo. I just beat Nashandra and am about to start the dlc. The first invader I had realized I was bad at the game, so we beat each other with our fists. Total bro. I had fun even. After that, an invader recognized I was terrible and black crystaled out.

    I decided to learn how to pvp by joining the rats and chilling at the doors of pharros. The first person I summoned just ran, so I let them go. I didn't know they could escape, but I wanted to be the kind of pvper I'd encountered so far. You know. Decent people. I summoned the same person a few times, got a little better, then quit for awhile.

    On my higher level character, I started the dlc, got invaded, did horribly, and they bced out.

    I am terrible at pvp, but I love the pvpers. I've not yet been salty and bitter over an invasion. I've had fun. It makes me want to git gud and actually play with all of you instead of just being bitter and mean.

    As for co-op... My lvl 70 santier spear girl has been sunshine summoned for ng+ sinner more than ng sinner. I'm getting quite good at that boss lol. Still... 6 medals down... So many to go....

    submitted by /u/SirWigglesTheLesser
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment