• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 19, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    RIP me

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    I'm making a new character and made a quick dash to Ash Lake for the Dragon Greatsword and a warp spot.

    I got too excited and rested at the bonfire...now I can't homeward bone out...

    submitted by /u/Senor_Andy_Panda
    [link] [comments]

    Using the Skull Latern turns off the Sunlight Maggot

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    Epic Name Bro

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    I'm not sure if everyone on here is a fan of this guy or not but I am. I just started a new play through after having not touched the game in 4 years. Man, it really brings me back. I used to watch his videos all the time and he's so smart and insightful about the lore.

    Ive been going through a tough time at home, and i don't know if he checks this subreddit but thanks man. you don't know how many terrible times in the game, and in real life your videos have gotten me through.

    submitted by /u/hardboiledegg69
    [link] [comments]

    Drew a lil Capra Demon

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/SW3hqam

    Not the best at drawing, but thought I would post here anyways. :)

    submitted by /u/CrucifixKitten
    [link] [comments]

    Wife ran into a vagrant on her first playthrough

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    I don't know how rare they are in the remastered version, but it took me literally years of play time before I saw a vagrant. She was notably less excited about it than I was. Thought yall might get a kick out of her reaction.

    http://www.twitch.tv/cmdrpoppinfresh/v/683933313?sr=a&t=0s

    submitted by /u/Gryphon59
    [link] [comments]

    Finally figured out why people hate on Lost Izalith

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    On my first play through, I thought the place was beautiful. I was also in love with the lore aspect: the home of the Witches of Izalith! I loved running around and exploring and discovering all the ins and outs. And the boss was an interesting puzzle to solve. On my first play through.

    But the place is boring, ultimately. The path through it is strictly linear and there's no real exploration to be had, actually. There is simply no other way to go. The mysterious, giant creatures in the lava are no real threat- they just stand there unless you climb right on top of them. There's never any real sense of danger. The "lethal lava" is completely negated by the ring that drops off the boss you must defeat to even gain entry. And the Bed of Chaos, once you figure out how to beat it, is a really uninteresting fight. And that center jump is pure bullshit.

    A pity. It could have been something great.

    submitted by /u/fatherseamus
    [link] [comments]

    What is "The Age of Dark" exactly?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    Just light some candles

    submitted by /u/hebschneu
    [link] [comments]

    Just found this article online from Screen Rant. Does anyone out there actually consider Gwyn the villain of the game?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    So... I've been playing dark souls a lot lately... some things don't make sense

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    Your character is an undead. Lord Gwyn is an undead. In dark souls 3 an "Ashen undead" which from what I understand is a failure undead can rekindle the flame again. In Dark souls undead don't stay dead. Period. The question I am proposing is is this. Why not leave Gwyn trapped in his room for all eternity? It's kind of obvious that the flame won't go out because well, Gwyn is undead and he has the "Power of Lords" which translates in a religious setting to a literal God. a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity. The undead we are playing as is not a God. Simply put, Gwyn is trapped in a throne room like tomb. A tomb that is sealed by removing the lord vessel and the "4 Lord souls" away from the altar in front of Gwyn's "prison". Perhaps Lord Gwyn asked Frampt to make up a prophecy concerning a "chosen" undead in which he gives the undead a hefty amount of training to become strong enough to kill his own "comrades" Nito, etc. Etc. Then kill him and either end the age of fire completely or just take his place because Gwyn is just tired of living and being the lord of light. At this point I wouldn't think Gwyn cares anymore. His kingdom is in shambles and his soldiers and people are literally just hollows with little to no humanity. The reason I say he told Frampt this is because Frampt is only in the dark lord cutscene. Also a reason the flame could be "fading" is that Gwyn could just be choosing not to rekindle it with his Godly abilities. My evidence is this. When you fight Gwyn he was able to focus flame into his sword as evidenced by fextralife "Forging the Great Lord Greatsword does not give it the same flame ability as when Gwyn uses it in the boss fight. There was a misconception that forging the sword gives it a fire attack like Quelaag's Furysword, but after many players have tried, the sword shows no fire animation or fire damage." This is because Lord Gwyn can control the fire within and even cause his sword to spout flames.

    Basically what I'm saying is Gwyn wants to die and be selfish because he is tired of his existence. The player, a simple undead is training to kill Gwyn so that Gwyn can die, finally. Frampt says "he is friends with Gwyn" because Gwyn justifies his ends with the dark lord story arc and the fact that a regular undead cannot keep the flame lit for long. Gwyn's allies Nito etc. Don't want to die so they take the pieces of the souls and hide in their domains with puzzles and their own "soldiers" and necromancer and demons etc. The fact is Frampt wants the dark age. The Raven wants the dark age. Kaathe wants the dark age. Gwyn wants to die. Apologies for the wall of text.

    submitted by /u/Blighted_Ashes
    [link] [comments]

    Souls Glitch/dupe

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    So after a 3 year hiatus, I decided to get dark souls 1 again and it brought back some awesome, and vein-popping, memories. However because I had already completed the game I decided to look into some glitches and exploits this time, shout-out to Vahellis and all his videos on YT. The only glitch I've found useful, and really the only one I can seem to manage, is the brightness screen souls glitch shown in this video https://youtu.be/253tDHBY8Yw

    Any other glitches I could try that aren't too complicated?

    submitted by /u/TANK-BURGER
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on Dark Souls I

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    So, I've started my souls journey last year with dark souls 3, And i FUCKING LOVED IT, beat the game twice, wanting to ng+ and get maxed for pvp, but i play dark souls 3 on ps4 and i recently sold it so i can buy ps5 when it comes out, so i decided i would beat the first game, because people where telling me its" the best souls game", started playing it 2 days ago and Im gonna state the things i dont like in the first game

    -standing still while estus, geez its annoying because while im drinking some retard can jump on me, and the animation takes like 2.5 seconds, im not asking to like freely move, just a slow walk while doing it

    -cant teleport between bonfires, now i know you unlock it later on but DAMN is it annoying to be stuck in the catacombs with 20k souls as a level 10,and not only that, i have to run 5 miles to a bonfire i already lit....

    -Humanity, pretty useless tbh, just gives you a bit of health regen and enables summons, I don't really get it.

    -Enemies VERY close to bonfires, speaks for itself i guess, cant rest at a bonfire cause there's millions of retards beside it, having to kill them all but just end up dying, losing souls, returning to bonfire 69 miles away

    -Pretty boring bosses at the start, but not a big deal :/

    -Enemies following you for five hours, its annoying because you run to one place, find more enemies there just to get killed by the ones following you, and not being able to light the bonfire there because of the dumbasses followinf you for 64949 miles.

    Overall i still like the game, and i am very familiar with nearly everything else cause i played the 3rd game, this is my opinion and i still know that some of you will still be screaming "git gud"

    submitted by /u/RealShxdowboyYT
    [link] [comments]

    I recently created a video on how to easily get infinite souls in ds1, and I'm back lol. Here is an insane out of bounds trick near Manus. Challenge (for anyone that's up for it): Beat Manus in deathcam.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    Gravelord sword is basically Drake sword for pros

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    Yes yes I know its different. I actually like it so there's that. But look: Drake sword Gravelord sword 1. Early game 1.Early game 2. Easy to get 2. Easy if you know
    3. Op early the route 3. Op early

    Yeah so far they are pretty similar. But there are indeed some differences, Like the fact that the gravelord sword needs more effort to get and is viable till endgame if you know how to farm demon titanite and it also scales so yeah. Have a good day. :)

    submitted by /u/Whyiswhyiswhy123
    [link] [comments]

    Fireball not working?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    So I just started the game as a pyromancer, I've defeated the asylum demon and equipped the pyromancy flame in my weapons slot but I cant use it, it just appears dimmed out on my weapon select, I've tried to attune it but it won't let me, any idea how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Bong_rippy_mickey
    [link] [comments]

    Minimum Boss Route without hacks (WIP)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    So when I first played dark souls, I'll be honest, I hated it and gave up. 6 months later though, I fell in love with it, but my roommate who had been playing for those six months got way better than me. He showed me how you could completely skip the Taurus Demon by going to the Undead Parish from the Valley of the Drakes, and it blew my mind.

    We both picked the remaster back up on switch, and we have been having a really good time going back through it. I was surprised to find I still had parry timing down pretty well after five years away from the game, but even more surprised to find he had discovered even more sequence breaks (like how a simple jump can get you into the Lower Undead Burg early).

    This really got my mind turning. Just how many bosses can you skip in this game while still exploring the areas going up to the boss door? Turns out, way more than I thought. Note: for the purpose of this route I am ignoring the DLC

    The idea for the route is to save all the bosses until the end of the game, and do them in one big boss rush. I know there are boss rush mods, but I do not want to cheat at this game, just play it in an unintended way (and I don't have a PC, so I can't mod it anyway). If you can't do it just by starting the game and pressing buttons a certain way, I consider that cheating. (Which is cool, just not my thing, and there's a whole subreddit for just mods)

    Some bosses are easy to save for the end, you just don't fight them. They lead to a dead end anyway, although sometimes there is a reward behind them. In no particular order this includes: Moonlight Butterfly, Sif, Bed of Chaos, Nito, Seath, Four Kings, Stray Demon, Gwyndolin, Priscilla, and of course Gywn.

    Some other bosses you can access the other side of the path they are blocking by going around the entire game world, or creatively traversing obstacles (like lava). This really only includes Gaping Dragon, Ceaseless Discharge, and the aforementioned Taurus Demon.

    Some bosses can be skipped by participating in Covenants, nameless the Chaos Servant Covenant. This will skip Centipede Demon and Fire Sage.

    So if you wanted to save as many bosses till the end of your run as possible, you would only have to fight Asylum Demon, the Gargoyles, Quelaag, Capra Demon, Iron Golem, Pinwheel, and Ornstein and Smaugh.

    So of the 22 bosses in the base game, you only have to fight 7 to have full access to the world of Lordran. You can pick up every item, fight every enemy, and do whichever questlines you want, and then have 15 bosses waiting to kill in one go.

    I wondered if I could get this number even lower, and you can.

    This next part is just information, not instructions, and is meant only for educational purposes.

    In Dark Souls there are two invisible triggers below the area you are meant to play in. One trigger changes the camera position to be above the player looking down, which is called "Death Cam". The other trigger kills the player, or if you rather, activates the dark sign. In some areas of the game, you can trigger the death cam without triggering death. This actually happened to me naturally while fighting the Iron Golem. He threw me off of the boss arena, but I guess my character missed the death trigger. I could not see my character, but they could walk around on what would otherwise be non-playable geometry. I had to use the dark sign to get back to the bonfire. If this happens to you while you are in a playable space, a couple of things will happen. First, your controls will be funky, and you won't be able to move your character normally. Secondly, if you manage to move your character to a space that hasn't loaded yet, the game will not load in enemies, items, NPCs, or doors/gates that normally only open under certain circumstances.

    This is just a fact about how the game works.

    I will not describe how to activate this state of the game intentionally. My understanding is that would violate the rules of this subreddit. But it can absolutely happen to you naturally while you play.

    Some people may consider using this state of the game to be an exploit. It is, which is why I am not describing how to exploit it. However, it does not require any external software, which in my personal opinion makes it fair, at least for use in a challenge run.

    If you know how to get into this state, you can make it into areas of the game before you are intended to. This can result in you skipping the Gargoyles, Quelaag, and Capra Demon.

    Now you have full access to Lordran while only killing 4 bosses.

    The next mechanic of the game I want to discuss is force quitting the game. You are not suppose to quit the game by closing the application, it can corrupt your save data. However, sometimes it can have interesting results. There are two notable effects of this that I want to mention for my purposes. The first is that you can leave the Undead Asylum with the Asylum Demon still alive. The second is that you can get to the Tomb of the Giants without killing Pinwheel. Again, these could be considered exploiting the game, so I am not going to describe how to do these things. It is simply a fact that it is possible to do.

    If we did this on our route, we would know only have to fight the Iron Golem, and Ornstein and Smough.

    Ornstein and Smaugh are technically at a dead end, but killing them grants you the ability to warp, which is super helpful for our purposes. Without it, we are back up to 7 unavoidable bosses, since you can get into areas you are not supposed to be in yet, but not out of them, essentially trapping you if you don't plan your route correctly.

    You also have to actually ring both bells in order to get to the kiln of the first flame, and the Lord Vessel must be placed there to open up the gold fog gates.

    That puts us back up to four, Bell Gargoyles, Quelaag, Iron Golem, and Ornstein and Smaugh.

    That's not bad though. 18 bosses for a boss rush without modding the game sounds like a fun run to me.

    There is also one other instance where you could potentially skip a boss, but it is definitely a glitch. Again, no details, but the basic idea is that the Iron Golem can throw you to Anor Londo without you killing him. This one is super hard to execute, and even if I described how it worked and what to do, it probably wouldn't help you achieve it.

    If you have any suggestions for this potential run, or any comments, I would love to hear them. Please avoid giving any instructions on how to exploit the game. The fact that it can be exploited is undisputed, which is why I don't feel bad mentioning that fact here. However the mods have been very clear that this is not the place to discuss how to do such things. If you know that a boss can potentially be circumvented in a way I am not aware of, please just comment that it can be done, and not how to do it specifically.

    I would also love to hear about any sequence breaks that you use while playing through the game normally. There are many in this game, and some that I am just learning about.

    Some of them I consistently use to get items early, and my favorite would have to be joining the path of the dragon at an extremely low level.

    submitted by /u/Grossmeat
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered Xbox One s

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    Hi guys I hope you can help me.

    I bought the DS Trilogy for the xbox one and I am currently playing the first part Remastered.

    Actually the game runs without problems, but if I want to equip my shield on the back it is invisible there.

    I have already reinstalled the game, but the error still exists

    does anyone else have the same problem or know how to fix it?

    Thanks a lot :)

    submitted by /u/FearlessNecessary599
    [link] [comments]

    My take on a hybrid between Ornstein and Dragonslayer Armor

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    Took me a little over or less than 2 hours. I tried combining Dragonslayer Armor's brute look and sharp edges with Ornstein's armor's elegance. Hope you enjoy it. The light doesn't look best, but I couldn't bother to set it up at 4 am.

    Zooom

    submitted by /u/tiifdogo
    [link] [comments]

    Who has the more active community?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    Ps4 remaster? Or switch?

    Also is there a discord page for ps4?

    submitted by /u/WY-FY
    [link] [comments]

    Intelligence build - early weapon?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    I need a sword to use before the mgs. I have the claymore and was planning on making it enchanted or magic. Is it enough with the shards farmed in blighttown or do I need more stuff?I also don't know how it works: do I have to reinforce it before modifying it to magic or enchantment? Is there something I can do now to make it magic or enchanted or more powerful somehow or do I first need to go look for magic and enchanted embers?? helppp :)
    Like I don't know what happens if I only upgrade it normally..do I lose the possibility to make it magic?

    submitted by /u/Terra_Tower
    [link] [comments]

    I beat O&S in NG+ for the first time yesterday!

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:29 AM PDT

    Honestly all the other bosses so far we're underwhelming but fighting O&S felt exactly like the first time. None of the tactics that I used to first time worked so I had to adapt. That what I love about this game. First ng run through I had Solaire distract smough while I avoided Ornstein and got some sneaky hits in on Ornstein while he was distracted and then attacked super saiyan smough after his butt slams. Ng+ didn't allow that. I didn't have solaire so instead I had to run and hide behind pillars. I could still stagger Ornstein with strong attacks using the zwei so that worked but I know it won't work for ng++ so I will have to adapt again. Smough didn't do any butt slams so I had to improve my timing to kill him.

    submitted by /u/legalbagelbeagle
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to copy all of the fextralife wiki into a doc or pdf

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    I want to print it but I don't know how

    submitted by /u/jpt2342
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think dark souls is a actually hard game ?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    I'm assuming everyone here has played at least one souls game, if so do you think they are actually hard because personally I went into dark souls hearing that these games were some of the hardest ever but ended up finding their difficulty pretty lacklustre. Yeah of course these games weren't easy as shit but they weren't hard as fuck either, Do others feel this way or did I simply not need to learn the way of the "git gud kid".

    submitted by /u/bcaul68
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment