• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 5, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Mod Team update and New Mod Drive

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. Due to some irreconcilable disagreements and some inappropriate actions by moderators, several members of our mod team across this and our sister communities, have been removed or have left recently.

    We believe the communities should continue to be inclusive places under the guidelines that have made it successful. The actions taken by a handful of former moderators did not reflect the community's views or best interests. If their actions seem to reflect the majority view of the moderation team here we are sorry for that and that is why dismissals from the mod team have been made and why we are seeking to refresh the moderation team with moderators that the community can trust.

    Our mod team will be committed to keeping these standards from this point onward.

    If interested, please fill out the form at this link and we'll get back to candidates after we've had a few days to review applications.

    Thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/street_ronin
    [link] [comments]

    Today has been a bid day indeed

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    I beat six bosses: Manus, Kalameet, Gwyn, Asylum, Taurus and the Gargoyles. Those first three are the first time I've beaten them ever, and those last three for the NG+. Goes without saying I made the credits roll for the first time today. Only took 90 hours.

    This was an incredible, 10/10 experience all the way through. Tomb of the Giants is the only thing keeping this from being an 11. The only other game I'd call an experience is maybe Earthbound. Fucking incredible.

    Sorry folks, I had to tell someone.

    submitted by /u/fowlaboi
    [link] [comments]

    Artorias of The Abyss digital painting

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    Finally Completed the Series Today!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:25 PM PDT

    As of about an hour ago I've officially platinumed the SoulsBorne series and I'm at a loss on what to do with myself now, this series is a huge part of my day-to-day activities. 😂 Its definitely bittersweet, they were definitely the best pains in the ass I could've asked to work through. DS2 imo was probably the most annoying, just because of the one miracle and spell that were both locked behind a covenant with no way around it (Sunlight Spear and Hidden Weapon, Wellager does not sell either on NG++ like with Bountiful Sunlight and WoTG) so just a pain to grind out as summonings and invasions were lacking at the time. Second most annoying was specifically the DS3 Ring trophy, Miyazaki definitely got his rocks off with that kinda torture. NG+++ to acquire all the rings? Ruuuuuuude, but doable. Still rude tho. It was definitely nice picking through each game and getting to know damn near every nook and cranny, that itself was like a whole new lil adventure. You gain a whole new appreciation for the work put into each title.

    Cringey collage as proof cause that's how happy I am rn

    submitted by /u/NiikuraESP
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite armor set based on looks?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    I honestly gotta go with elite knight. Just the classic Dark Souls look throughout the series. I also really like the favor set and Havel's set.

    submitted by /u/NotSoSuper18
    [link] [comments]

    How incredible is magic in dark souls

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    I started being a sorcerer just out of curiosity, and I saw several tutorials to know what I should take for my sorcerer build, and when I had everything ready, man, what a surprise I took, literally killed almost all the game bosses easily, and in a few attempts!, kill the gargoyles in one attempt, quelaag the same, easy iron golem !, even kalaamet, man, when I was a knight in my previous game it took me about 40 attempts, almost half a day! in trying to kill him, and now I kill him to the fifth attempt!, I almost killed it on the first try but I forgot the mov. set, man, I almost screamed in heaven when I saw the word victory on the screen!, god,

    and now I only have 3 bosses left, gwyndolin, gwyn and manus, gwyn I still don't face it, but with manus I have a timing problem, the dark magic is too fast even when I use the silver pendant, but far from that I can crush it with magics, I didn't know the magic was so over-power

    I am a level 68 sorcerer, with 50 intelligence, who has the crystallized brass catalyst, crown of dusk,and I have the grass emblem shield and the velka rapier

    submitted by /u/Leonel8899
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein & Smough

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    No matter how many times I beat them in new game + I always get anxious before I step through the fog gate. I always procrastinate not fighting them , going farming for this and that but I know in my heart its cause I'm scared. But when I do defeat them I feel like king of the world.

    submitted by /u/Demarchistscum94
    [link] [comments]

    DS1 Enemy Rankings Poll

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSekZfN6jOrc_15OH_hJCn3IQRCTMDipxqK7ODp2IP4wLCDjxA/viewform?usp=sf_link

    I would heavily appreciate if some of you would rank the DS1 enemies! I am super interested to see what you all think are the hardest enemies, or the most well designed! This took more than 6 hours, so I would really appreciate if you spread the word by dropping an upvote! Thanks so much! I'll be making a YT video on the findings when I can.

    There are roughly 10 or less enemies not mentioned here, such as crestfallen in hollowed state, or the firekeeper girl in anor londo who attacks you in dark anor londo. I'm sorry I didn't include these. I could have, but after 6 hours I was too worn out. Sorry! I hope you like it nonetheless!

    submitted by /u/hungryhyena78
    [link] [comments]

    I want to get into the game

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    So, I never played the dark souls series, and I was wondering, should I get the game and play it? If so, what would be your best advice for a newbie? I hear the game is super intense and hard.

    submitted by /u/ChumIsFum01
    [link] [comments]

    Bed of chaos makes me want to curl up into a ball and go hollow

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    Every time I enter the fight, she either swats me down a hole or beats be to death if gravity doesn't get there first... I'm losing my mind here!

    Edit: dunezo my friends. Donezo

    submitted by /u/Bevsworld04
    [link] [comments]

    This another MtG card, since I have 2/3 ready, the first one was DS2. This is my take on Artorias.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/cbYehRd

    https://imgur.com/a/ewxNmZG

    The wording of the second card is a little iffy, I know that, as long as you understand it then it's fine for me.

    submitted by /u/Tamajiki-kun
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Broke me and not because of the difficulty

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    I rescued Sif and fought manus, then went to fight sif and oh my god I am heartbroken. I haven't stopped crying for the past 20 minutes my goodness.

    submitted by /u/Sl33pW4lker
    [link] [comments]

    My friend is playing Dark Souls for the first time

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    Finally got 100%

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:35 AM PDT

    I managed to do it in NG++ because of sit, my first dark souls 100% ever. Took 39 hours and 15 minutes; holy shit was it worth it though.

    Side note: K N I G H T ' S H O N O U R

    submitted by /u/bigbrainplays46290
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with builds.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    Hey guys, Caught remastered on sale for xbox and started playing it. However on my first char after getting my demon machete to +15 I have seen one other person online (Was actually using black knight weapons just leveled it for pvp) So im assuming I need to keep to +14 and not all.the way up to 15.

    However I also killed Gwyn and started ng+ on accident skipping the dlc (which I never played on the original)

    Anywho, Was wondering what builds you guys would suggest I already went strength, but I find the game more fun with summoning others and with invaders (Unless they're just lag bridging for backstabs).

    Went strength already. Im assuming I need to stay below +15 or maybe cap at +10 Since I seen one person the entire time. Or should I iust continue on with the strength build? Im about level 90 now but still not seeing anyone in ng+

    submitted by /u/Sensemans
    [link] [comments]

    How do I play with my banned friend?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    My buddy modded his save to get some covenant item on an alt. He doesn't do pvp at all. He's now banned. He's deleted his save files. It's been a few days and he's still banned. What are some options for us to be able to play again?

    submitted by /u/TaiChiWeeWee
    [link] [comments]

    Is It Okay to Level Up to the Max Level?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    I know that the PvP meta is 125 but I want to level up till the max level. Will I still be able to PvP if I'm Max level?

    submitted by /u/Dochlaan
    [link] [comments]

    Priscilla’s Dagger

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 12:24 AM PDT

    Uggggggghhhhhhh. I accidentally killed Priscilla while trying to get her dagger for the Knight's Honor achievement. I had let myself die in my previous attempts to redo fights with her so I could get it, but this time I was using power within with my Dragon Greatsword and hit her rather than her tail. Anyone have any sympathy/tips for when I try again in ng++?

    submitted by /u/sam-salamander
    [link] [comments]

    DS1 Upgrading weapons?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    Hey guys and dolls,

    I have a question about upgrading my weapons. If I'm running a primarily strength based build (my first time.. sort of, not min maxing) am I correct in understanding that when upgrading weapons, halberd in my case, I should stick with keeping it physical rather than going magic.

    From what I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong, giving my weapons magic/elemental/whatever reduces physical damage but works well if I have magic based stats like intelligence or faith. So if I haven't invested in these stats I should just stick with basic physical damage?

    submitted by /u/Tweed_Man
    [link] [comments]

    10 year old brother beat dsr

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    How the hell are you supposed to beat a Black Knight?!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    Started a walkthrough on switch not so long ago.Currently in Undead Parish and couldn't get through, so decided to beat the Black Knight.I have been trying to kill him for an hour now.Nothing seems to work.Any tactics and way to win?

    submitted by /u/The-Backgrounder-
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat a certain boss on my first try.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    Going through dark souls for the first time, I've heard so much about this boss (Ornstein and Smough) that it honestly made me nervous to even step inside the arena. I'm the type of person to try all day at something until I beat it, so I was worried I would be here for days trying to beat it.

    My strategy was basically just to unlock and run, wait for Ornstein to dash towards me, and hope that Smough gets stuck on a pillar for some separation.

    I'm usually not one to brag and I hope I don't come off arrogant, but I gotta say I was not expecting this out of myself. I spent more time on the damn gargoyles than I did this, and this only affirms my belief that the gargoyles suck ass (for me at least), but that's another story.

    https://imgur.com/a/PnARQNf

    submitted by /u/ninjabeannn
    [link] [comments]

    Is dark souls getting... boring?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    I've been playing this heavenly game for about half a year and recently I've been feeling... weird when I play the game. I dont have many other games so I only play Dark Souls Remastered. I used to get bored when I would get to the point where I collect lord souls, but starting a new character usually filled that void. But now, even starting a new character feels empty. Since its basically the only game I have, I always feel bored and the days feel slower. I really want to remove this mindset and love the game again, but I don't know what to do. Does anyone else relate or have some idea to fill this void? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/thebettersouptime
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment