• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 21, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Snake people are the worst.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    Call me a racist toward these freaks, but I hate them. They're ugly, annoying, and I can't help but get the sneaking suspicion that they think they're better than me.

    submitted by /u/Golrod
    [link] [comments]

    The reason the black knights are weak against backstabs. . .

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    It's because they are so loyal. . .

    submitted by /u/BipedalBeetle
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to bring together a poster with all DS series bosses

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/FtzX5Nf

    Credits to MenasLG and Skinrarb

    My friend found that wonderful fan art of all Dark souls 2 bosses and asked me to make one with bosses from all three games as he wanted to print himself a poster. Too bad i can't really draw, so i used the artwork of all the bosses from ds1 and ds3 from skinrarb. Thought it was looking pretty good, so i decided to share it here.

    This is what it looks like irl.

    And here is the link for psd file on gdrive if you want to print it yourself.

    submitted by /u/WexCore
    [link] [comments]

    I played through the entire Soulsborne series while quarantined.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    As the title suggests, I've spent an unforgivably large portion of my time off of work and school playing through the Soulsborne series, effectively finishing every game sans Sekiro and DSII. I'll now rank the series from worst to best based purely on my own personal enjoyment.

    Honorable a Mention : Sekiro I never played it lmao

    5 : DSII The only game on this list I didn't have the will to finish. Don't get me wrong, the game isn't awful by any stretch of the imagination, I just didn't find it nearly as engaging as the following entries. It's worst crime is essentially being horrendously mediocre. The combat was meh, the level design was meh, the new artistic direction was meh. The game felt more like a chore than anything else, which is what inevitably led to me putting it down for good.

    4 : Dark Souls 3 Now on to the good shit. Dark Souls 3 is without a doubt the most polished Souls game From Software has put out. The shift towards faster, more aggressive gameplay was incredibly enjoyable for me, as someone who focused more on dodging than any other method of defense. My only complaint was it's optimization as far as the Xbox One is concerned. The slight delay arguably made some bosses more difficult than they should've been, but that didn't stop me from playing through to completion with a smile on my face.

    3 : Dark Souls Had Lost Izalith and gang never existed, this would've been much higher on the list. Dark Souls was my introduction to the soulsborne formula, only having played it for the first time after DS3 had already been released, giving it a very special place in my heart. Very late to the party, I know. There's not much I can say about this game that hasn't been said time and time again, so I'll just leave it at this : if you haven't played it, fucking play it.

    2 : Demon's Souls A heinously underplayed gem, Demon's Souls is my favorite Souls game. The unparalleled dread I experienced whilst playing was something I've been hard pressed to replicate since. Tower of Latria is still to this day the best level I've ever played in a video game, with it's horrific mind flayers and maze - like structure. I'm considering buying a ps5 when it comes out just to play the remake, and I've literally never been a day - 1 console type of guy. Buy a ps3, emulate it, do what you gotta do, I promise you it's worth it.

    1 : Bloodborne Speaking of buying consoles to play a game, after playing through the entire Souls series I picked up a used Ps4 Pro off of craigslist with the sole intention of playing Bloodborne. Worth every penny. Aside from the chalice dungeons (what the fuck happened there), I struggle to find a single flaw in this masterpiece of a video game. The lore is excellent, the fast paced visceral combat is excellent, the crushing lovecraftian atmosphere is fucking excellent. Without a doubt my favorite video game of all time, Bloodborne earns my (meaningless) number one spot. Also, fuck orphan of kos.

    I don't know why I made this list, I'm just kind of stoned, and felt like it!

    How would you guys rank From Software's games?

    submitted by /u/Cloabs
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein was still breathing

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    Holy shit, I always thought this was such an amazing scene as Smough doesn't hesitate to use his ally for power in such a brutal way, but I just noticed that Ornstein was still breathing before he got pancaked. Just makes it so much insane

    submitted by /u/Elodaine
    [link] [comments]

    I beat Artorias first try!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I'm so close to beating the game for the first time, and it feels so good knowing I've gotten gud!

    submitted by /u/WhutDoesItMean
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the Guns

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    I drew some Solaire fan art with a twist.

    Inspired by similar images online

    submitted by /u/mzrable
    [link] [comments]

    I beat O&S, I can't believe it.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    First time too. So I was terrified the 2nd half of the fight because I had no idea what was coming. Solaire went down really early in the 2nd phase as well.

    But kept my cool and stayed patient. Chipped away that health. I was shaking like crazy towards the end though.

    Never been this far in the game yet. So now I'm super excited.

    submitted by /u/Pagan-za
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve done it I have completed the game for the first time and it was awesome,

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    gwyn lord of cinder was oddly the easiest fight in the game. My favourite boss out of the game was the great grey wolf sif fight since it is just a wolf with a sword in its mouth and it's just cool. My favourite boss including the artorias dlc would be artorias since it's just an epic fight that is really enjoyable. And now onto dark souls 2 of my quest to beat all of the 3 dark souls games. Also is dark souls 2 as shit as everyone says it was.

    Also what are your favourite bosses in this game

    submitted by /u/Nightranger546
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls and the story of why Firelink shrine music makes me cry.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:36 AM PDT

    Everytime I go to Firelink(Ds not Ds3) I just feel so sad. The muic hits just right and always makes me feel alone. It reminds me of all the characters who come and go only to never return. With such little music we have outside of Boss Battles, this and the few areas with music in them have such a large impact. I know its been touched on by multiple different youtubers, but this decision has such a strange and powerful effect. But Firelink man, that just hits like a truck sometimes it just stops me from playing the game altogether.

    Welp thank you for reading my big sad, what other in game music do you guys like? Or more importantly what music across all Soulseborne games gives you the big sad... I want more material :,)

    submitted by /u/LeMoodyChicken
    [link] [comments]

    Can't finish

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    I'm wondering if anyone else has a problem bringing themselves to finish their runs I get all the way to the last soul boss (bed of chaos) and instead of finishing the game and moving on to ng+ I start a new run instead and i have never beat the game

    submitted by /u/spazking91
    [link] [comments]

    My friend is just learning to play dsr. What should I teach him?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    Aesthetically the fight with the hydra at Ash lake is one of the best in the entire series. They should really have improved its mechanics in the remaster though

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    Its stunning if you play unlocked and direct your camera at its heads. You see the sky of ash lake and the archtrees in the background and your tiny character in the foreground making it seem like an epic battle with some gigantic primordial beast thats out of your league. The soundtrack of the ash lake area is amazing. You really feel like you are close to the core of the world. I dont think theres any fight in the Fromsoft series as visually pleasing, and thats including divine dragon from sekiro, Gael, Midir and Nameless.

    However, then you have the actual mechanic of the fight itself. You hold up your shield, wait for the hydra heads to strike, hope they go near you and wack away. You have issues with sand popping up and filling your screen so you cant see and some heads that phase through the beach that you cant reach. The last two heads also attack in places you cant go to (similar to darkroot hydra). You kill like 5 heads and it can no longer touch you or you it so you end up finishing it off with a bow in some lackluster finish.

    Do you think this is something they should definitely change in a future remake in the vein of demon souls? I know many would consider it sacrilege if too much changed but surely this isnt one of them?

    submitted by /u/Dazzling_Barber
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between different spells/magic classes?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    I want to try out magic as I didn't use it much in my first playthrough, but I don't know which class to pick.

    I know there are miracles, pyromancies and sorceries (or whatever they're called) but what are the difference between them?

    submitted by /u/aHobo21
    [link] [comments]

    Some advice for a beginner?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Title. Loved bloodborne so much i'm now giving dark souls a try, i'm aware that it's an entirely different gameplay style, so is there anything I should be aware of/some life saving tips? No spoilers please :)

    submitted by /u/ofthebloodmoon
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls remastered

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:29 AM PDT

    So yeah should I find more heavy swords ? That dose 200 or more damage?.........

    submitted by /u/TheRealWassie
    [link] [comments]

    Just started Dark Souls 2 SotFS

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    So, I just picked it up on Steam on sale, and it's the last of the trilogy I hadn't tried. People keep talking about how different it is compared to the other 2, and although I can't really comment on it yet I do have one thought:

    Seeing the sun in a DS game is fuggin weird.

    Edit: I'm also terrible and have VERY slowly been making my way through 1 and 3 at the same time (mostly because I play 1 on Switch and 3 on PC), so I may just not have seen sunshine in the other 2, but was certainly jarring for me!

    submitted by /u/UnicornMeatball
    [link] [comments]

    I'm the worst pyromancer in Lordran

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    This is my first time playing through the game and I'm loving it but...

    I thought starting the game as a pyromancer class would be fun and spent part of the early game upping my Intelligence stat before finding out that does nothing to boost pyromancy. I then used Laurentius to boost my pyromancy flame to +5 before making the mistake of telling him about the Chaos Fireball spell. He's dead now. Oh, also Eingyi is dead because I have a quick trigger finger.

    I decided to read a bit about my mistakes and learned about Quelana and I think she's my last hope. I read that she will show up if I have flame +10 (failed) or if someone invades with flame +10 in Blighttown.

    2 questions: 1. Is this true? 2. Any tips for getting a flame +10 to show up in PvP in Blighttown? I'm pretty new to PvP.

    submitted by /u/durdensarmy
    [link] [comments]

    Best single handed long ranged weapon at this point of the game?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    By long ranged i mean spears, halberd etc,i m currently using halberd at 5+ but i m thinking of upgrading with large titanite, i also have the black knight halberd but i can only wield it double handed, i m at the point where i defeated the gaping dragon and prepping for blighttown, Also how to get the mentioned weapons would be great

    submitted by /u/dhruvbzw
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for new player

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    I want to get into ds1 and I just finished ds3 but everything seems so different. Any tips or major changes from ds1 to ds3, honestly I'm just confused and don't want to watch tutorials

    submitted by /u/swagmaniscool
    [link] [comments]

    I just completed my 1st challenge run. It was a shield only. What should I do next?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    Dark souls isn’t that hard.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    Came into soul series after playing sekiro and loved it. Also since my childhood hearing dark souls is hard made me not enter the series but ending sekiro several times gave me the courage to enter it. Knowing it was hard i played it carefully and to be honest, i just died 2 to 3 times in a boss fight, that's normal for any game. So i guess was it just me coming prepared from sekiro or did it happen with everyone else?

    submitted by /u/supriyam08
    [link] [comments]

    Tomb of the Giants and Nito

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    I just got to Nito and the Tomb of the Giants. I'm having trouble mostly because of all of the skeletons he summons. Are there any tips or tricks to beat this guy?

    submitted by /u/PreflightHawk
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment