• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 21, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else a little disappointed that we can't create the ripped out arm as a Great Club from the Last Giant soul?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    The idea came to my head when I fought the Last Giant a second time with a bonfire aesthetic to get a second Grand Lance.

    Would have been cool looking ascetically.

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    How to get past the debree in lost bastile

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    Near the pursuer and the annoying dogs with the sniper,I don't see any continuation option to the level,iv been stuck for a while,please help(the debree after lucatile(that mask woman from mirah) there is a bonfire there so I imagen it's the continuation of the level lol

    submitted by /u/Mr-kabuk
    [link] [comments]

    IMO DS2 is the most challenging Souls game

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    I'm not entirely sure how to put it in words, but this game has got to be the most punishing (and also my favorite) of the series.

    I think one of the biggest culprits is the animation and speed of using estus. If you use it in combat you are most likely fucked.

    Combat in general just feels much more methodical than 3 and slightly less refined than 1 so overall I just think it's far more challenging than either of them.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/whodey226
    [link] [comments]

    Royal Rat Vanguard

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    I might be the worst DS2 player ever. I have played Sekiro, Bloodborne and DS3 and got the platinum for each. I can even do some of the hardest bosses flawless on SL1 in DS3 but the Royal Rat vanguard fucked me good a couple of times. First attempt I was killing a never ending swarm of rats for 10 minutes. Then I saw a hairy little bugger with a mohawk. He was hideous so I slashed at him but then he poisoned me. In the subsequent attempts I died looking for Lord Mohawk and I finally killed him without getting greedy on my hits. There you have it, the worst player in DS2.

    submitted by /u/angelslayer95
    [link] [comments]

    Hexer build, tips?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Hello.

    After finishing Dark Souls Remastered tried to do the same with DS2, this is an achievement run.

    I'm only missing all pyromancies, miracles and sorciers which, if I'm not mistaken, you need NG++ for the merchant at the castle to be able to sell them. Is this correct?

    So, in order to get to this level of power and souls, I thought to do an Hexer. Probably it would be safer to make a tank or a double rapier build but... Hexers are fun.

    The thing is I'm so disconnected from DS2 that I would love to have some advice before venturing for. I've found this "guide", which is more like a "timing" to do certain things.

    How do you hollows see it?

    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/693331-dark-souls-ii/68861155

    submitted by /u/Silveriovski
    [link] [comments]

    Whew! Finally done with the DS2 DLC’s so a few more thoughts

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    A week or so ago I posted 10 random thoughts from the main game: First Post

    I had only beaten the main game, so here are more focusing just on the 3 DLC's!

    1. DLCs are probably the best part of the game (no shocker there). For 1 second I thought of not doing them, thanks to those of you who said F that. It would be like playing bloodborne without the DLC lol

    2. If I HAD to rank them I would say Old Iron King > Sunken King > Ivory King. I might say sunken/ivory are almost equal but old iron was my favorite.

    3. I looked up on multiple sites what most people thought was the hardest DLC boss and most said Fume Knight...I actually had way more trouble with Sir Alonne. I found Alonne's dashes, and odd timing of swings harder for me to cope with. Also the run to Alonne made me rage a few times. What do y'all think was the hardest?

    4. Favorite bosses from the DLC's in order: Fume Knight (not much explaining, just simple and badass), Burnt Ivory king (I didn't love the concept of finding the loyce knights but once I actually got in the battle I thought it was pretty epic), Sinh (I felt like my experience from dragons in ds3/DS1 prepares me for this fight well), Sir Alonne (although I struggled the first few times, it felt so good to master his timings and wreck him).

    5. Favorite area Brume Tower by far. Honorable mention to the end of Dragon Sanctum when you finally reach that elevator that connects you to the beginning of the DLC...holy cow epic

    6. Elana the Squalid Queen is a cheap boss...Let me summon a decently hard boss you fought earlier in the game real quick to make the fight dumb.

    7. After Ivory king DLC, painted world of Ariamis, Ashes of Ariandel...I've come to the conclusion I don't love snow areas that much.

    8. I personally found NPC summons to do a lot more harm than good for most dlc bosses. When you got them doing 20 dmg per hit, and 100% health increase to the boss that already has a massive health pool, sometimes the distraction they provide isn't worth it.

    9. Blue Smelter Demon was badass.

    10. Shout out to the Gank Squad—y'all thought you had me in the first half, but I can run faster than all of you and I have the patience of a saint.

    Sorry for the long post again but DLCs are epic, I'm likely forgetting tons of stuff but I'll leave it at that!

    submitted by /u/KvikingP
    [link] [comments]

    Curved twinblades

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    I'm on PS4,and everyone is thrice my level in the arena so there's no way in hell I can get them

    Any chance someone can help?

    submitted by /u/Mr-kabuk
    [link] [comments]

    I hate the ogre hippo things...

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    They're like the shark giants from bloodborne apart from you can't parry them and they don't have a charge attack. That grab is basically instant death if you're caught in it!

    submitted by /u/RyanK17
    [link] [comments]

    Another journey begins.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    A few days ago, I finished the first game for the first time. I'd played small amounts of it, Bloodborne, 3, and Sekiro before, but over the past month I committed to Dark Souls. After beating it, I was wondering which of the games I played before I should move on to, or if I should start something else instead like Nioh or Nier: Automata.

    When I found out that Dark Souls 2 was on sale on Steam, I decided to play it instead. It may have a divisive reputation, but that just makes it all the more interesting to me. That so many people both love and hate this game makes it stand out a lot more to me than one that everyone praises. So I bought Scholar and started just an hour or so ago, with a Swordsman.

    I've already finished the first game, and I know a couple of minor things about 2, so I don't think I need any initial advice. Still, I'm really looking forward to this.

    submitted by /u/NerfedFalcon
    [link] [comments]

    Need help at iron hearth hall, soul memory 611k, Xbox one

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Give me tips to help keep me playing.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    Hi all, I started my soulsborne experience with Bloodborne. I tried it and Dark Souls years ago and couldn't hack it. Then I tried Jedi Fallen Order and loved it. I call it a souls-lite since it was much easier.

    It got me hooked. I beat Bloodborne next and absolutely loved it, had a blast. Then I moved to Dark Souls, and found out I wasn't as bad as I thought i was.

    Next up I thought would be Dark Souls 2. I don't know what's wrong. I've heard it was the weaker title, but I figured I would probably enjoy it anyhow.

    I feel so sluggish, the attack windups feel horrible, and I just feel like the controls aren't responsive at all. (PS4) I beat the first boss easy, 2nd boss took many tries. Now I'm on some rat boss and I hate it. I just feel like the enemies hit boxes on their attacks are huge, and mine seem to look like they hit but don't.

    I also hate the progressive hp loss from dying. Are the reversal items limited?

    I may skip this one and go to 3. Please help give me some tips to maybe keep me playing. I started as the sword guy, soldier? I've put points into hp and stuff, and I've tried lots of weapons. I use a halberd in DS1, but it doesn't translate the same.

    Help!

    submitted by /u/Darkmisery87
    [link] [comments]

    I <3 Steam Sales

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    Me: Alright, gonna check some sales before playing some DS3

    DS2 SOTFS: 80% off

    Me: Alright, gonna get some snacks and think of what build I want to play while DS2 installs

    (This is my first blind playthrough if a Souls game, 1 and 3 I already knew a lot going in, so if anyone has some non-spoiler tips I'd appreciate it :D)

    submitted by /u/Wulfgar94
    [link] [comments]

    I have killed the lost sinner...what now?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    To the well? I been to that shaded woods place but I need some kingly shit

    Please tell me not the well,I like being human and hot.

    submitted by /u/Mr-kabuk
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 SotFS Ivory King DLC Crash PS4

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    I bought a copy of DS2 Scholar of the First Sin for PS4 from a Gamestop a couple years ago. Game works fine, except for one thing. I can enter The Sunken King and Old Iron King DLC just fine, but I am physically unable to access Ivory King. Every time I try to use the Shrine of Winter, my game crashes. Any possible fixes for this issue?

    submitted by /u/LanTylr
    [link] [comments]

    How do people play 2h, makes no sense

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:09 AM PDT

    Could be that I'm used to board and sword style in games, but seriously how tf do people play/finish this game using dual weapons or 2hing. Most areas have enemies that number more than 1 so how are you not getting hit and dying repeatedly.

    I feel like you need a shield for this game, yes you can roll but rolling doesn't get you away from everything not to mention tight areas on cliff sides and not much room to back up into. An example is undead crypt amongst all the tomb stones, there's legit no room to roll

    People using dual smelter swords for example, the swings are slow and have a heavy recovery. After you swing what then ?

    Can someone explain to me the play style You guys are using? I attempted power stancing zweihander and mastodon gs, I have 26 adp, I'm at 56% weight and I still can't get away from hits.

    This question rolls into another, I see people saying get a hammer or club, you'll pancake enemies. When I used dragons tooth with high poise damage, my attacks weren't staggering anyone? They just hit right through them, and they continued to swing at me and I get wrecked. Let alone people saying they can stagger bosses. Were they lying?

    submitted by /u/BlackClover47
    [link] [comments]

    Question about character transfer (steam family sharing account)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    hey guys, a few years ago I was an idiot and i installed a trainer (Wemod) for Dark souls 2 to cheat in souls to level up fast, i was soft banned for it (and rightly so), but a week ago my friend bought ds2 and we have been playing Co-op through the entire game, to do this I made a new steam account through family sharing and this allowed me to play with my friend, but i was wondering if it is possible to transfer my alt-account NOT BANNED Co-op character to my softbanned main account, this is because i like to have all of my characters in one place.

    If I managed to transfer my non banned character to my main steam account (which is soft banned) would my non banned character immediately become softbanned or would this allow me to play co op with my friend on my main account instead of my new alt?

    submitted by /u/PizzaReaper1802
    [link] [comments]

    New needs help with build.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    Hi, I recently got DS2 SoTFS. I'm looking for a build to get through the game decently, without taking all the challenge off of it or making it a nightmare.From what I've seen, I should choose a build based on a weapon and/or playstyle so I'll post what I thought I'd like and maybe someone can help me out.I'd like a longsword style with medium armour and light or small shield just for parry and maybe some pyromancy involved or any form of magic, to make something like a battlemage but mainly focused on sword fighting. No rapiers please, I read they're great but I hate the looks. The idea is to kinda RP as a rugged warrior, something like Geralt from Witcher. And I want fashion ofc xD Also the build is intended to solo all of the game.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/arvan57
    [link] [comments]

    Ruin Sentinels

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    Any tips for these guys, had an easy time with the dragon rider, last giant and pursuer, but these guys are brutal.

    submitted by /u/PowerGlove9000
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone in NG want help? SM is ~4m

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    I'm putting off the last boss fight and having fun grinding for different things. If we're close enough in SM feel free to hmu for help.

    XBOX: ssshoemakerrr

    submitted by /u/nothingsnootyplz
    [link] [comments]

    New game+

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Just got a new game plus and I was wondering if anyone wanted you to play with me my soul level is 6 million

    submitted by /u/donovan994636
    [link] [comments]

    A happy moment

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    For the first time since starting to get into ds2 a year ago, i'm finally starting to enjoy Fair fights in PvP with my physical build, too late, almost sl250 and mid ng+. I'm entering duels with dispelling ring, great magic barrier and a +4 forlorn armour set (havel's gauntlents occasionally) for the high elemental defense.

    After those additions, i'm finally able to live past 2-3 hits.

    Don't get me wrong i still get wrecked more than i win, but they feel like legitimate losses that a better player pulled off, which makes you say "wow cool play dude", istead of "ugh ffs fuck off with your buffs"

    Once you survive for more than 10 seconds, the fights are really fun, varied and unpredictable

    submitted by /u/Marcustheeleventh
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble with Scholar of the First Sin PS3

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    answered! thank you!

    submitted by /u/fundip12
    [link] [comments]

    How does match making work for this game?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    The executionares chariot is super frustrating with the run to the fogwall especially

    And I see there's no password summoning

    (On that note,I'm on the PS4,someone heelllpppp)

    submitted by /u/Mr-kabuk
    [link] [comments]

    The journey has been far but i have done it...

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    All the Soulsborne: Shadow Die Twice has been completed to a hundred %. I can finally put the last platinum trophy on the shelf and call it a day. When Elden Ring calls for me I'll wake up from my sluber and return to thy land, take back the throne once again...

    Here is the image confirmation :) https://imgur.com/a/k74W8ge

    Who you?
    I Gavlan.
    Gavlan wheel? Gavlan deal.

    submitted by /u/AlphaOof
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment