• Breaking News

    Monday, June 22, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My son (11) picked me out a Dark Knight figure as a Father’s Day gift - did a little farming then nailed the match.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    Apparently he picked out the statue a couple weeks ago, and coincidentally i started playing a new character about a week ago after not playing since shortly after the remaster release. I was already at the point of cleaning up endgame stuff before heading for Gwyn. After a couple kiln runs we nailed it

    Edit: I showed my son all of the nice comments, he feels so great to have picked out such a nice gift. Also, Black Knight not dark knight.. oops.

    submitted by /u/TheRealDonnyK
    [link] [comments]

    Those Bonewheels at the bottom of the Catacombs can suck it.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    For the last few hours, those spin to win asshats have been making my trip to the catacombs a nightmare. Is there any way to safely kill them taking the path from the last necromancer?

    submitted by /u/datboi66616
    [link] [comments]

    OG Souls players, what is something a new Souls player should know that would benefit them.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:00 PM PDT

    I finished my first playthrough of dark souls!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    So I just finished my first playthrough and I gotta say this is going in my list of best gaming experiences. Dark souls 2 is currently downloading and I can't wait to play it.

    submitted by /u/cmdrgoose
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Father's day, Dark Souls dads!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    As a father who loves DS myself, I wanted to say happy Father's day to all of the other fathers who love the DS community.

    AND

    Happy Father's day to all of the fathers of all of you!

    submitted by /u/Facelessone83
    [link] [comments]

    Replayability

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    I have officially started my 7th playthrough. Anyone else just love replaying this gamw?

    submitted by /u/MrDarkSouls11211
    [link] [comments]

    Artorias/Guts bersreker armour inspiration

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    This is my first post on this reddit page and idk if this has been brought up before, but when I was scrolling through r/darksoulsmemes I couldn't help but thinking Artorias in the background looks soooo similar to Guts' Berserker armour from the berserk manga...

    Is there any evidence that DS1 took inspiration from the berserk manga?

    image links:

    https://imgur.com/gallery/HgM5aJd

    https://imgur.com/gallery/rY2S6Sd

    submitted by /u/jjscrambler
    [link] [comments]

    The Crapra Demon can suck on my average sized penis

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    As stated in the title, I consider myself to be a man of about average girth - respectable, but nothing to write home about. As such, I don't really tend to make size comparisons.

    However, today is a joyous day, as I have finally found something I can say it is decently bigger than:

    The Crapra Demon's arena.

    Why. The. Fuck. Would they make it like that? The main boss isn't the Crapra Demon, it's the two dogs that jump on you and hump you to death like there's no tomorrow. Once they're down, it's just an inconvenient fight against a pretty average boss.

    Not to mention the start of the fight: I'm convinced that if you make it past the first 10 seconds it gets about 100 times easier. As soon as you enter the arena he's right up your arse, and then you're forced into some god awful cockfight in the corner with the dogs while the boss Beyblades all over you.

    TL;DR - Capra Demon is a shit fight and even after beating it the thought of the arena makes me piss myself.

    submitted by /u/thighmlichmaneuver
    [link] [comments]

    Balder Side Sword or Uchigatana? Comment why as well.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    Crossbreed Priscilla

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    I have made many mistakes in my short time playing dark souls, but attacking Priscilla was possibly the dumbest. No matter what I do I can't beat her, can't even see her, and am essentially being one shotted by her as soon as I enter the arena. I even attempted being human to summon help, invaders shot that idea down as well.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/ThatAlienGuyAgain
    [link] [comments]

    TIL using the Darksign is not the same as dying.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    So there I was, got past the Anor Londo archers first try, sitting pretty with 4 humanity and 60k souls from clearing Sen's. I'm still human, though, and I want to clear AL without worrying about invasions. I figure, why let a knight kill me and risk having to go get a bloodstain? I'll just Darksign right next to the fire and pick up my souls when I'm hollow! Well, RIP 60k...

    submitted by /u/the_newdave
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Dark Souls for the 4th time; I don’t think this game will ever get old.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    I just finished the game for the 4th time, and I only started about a year ago. I beat NG through NG++, and played a NG as a sorcerer.

    I don't think I could ever get tired of playing Dark Souls. I've beaten DS2, and just got to the final area in DS3.

    This has to be my favorite game, and favorite series ever.

    That is all.

    submitted by /u/InvictusBro
    [link] [comments]

    Here’s my “I finally beat Dark Souls” thread!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    It's a post 7 years, 1 month, and 4 days in the making (bought May 2013 😳) but I finally did it! And I believe I actually beat all the bosses too, according to my buddy who was guiding me through, aside from the Hellkite Dragon. Now on to DS2, and possibly getting the rest of the achievements in this. Thanks for all the inspiration and help that you all unknowingly provided! Now that's some jolly cooperation!

    submitted by /u/Freesmackies
    [link] [comments]

    First Person Souls-like Game Concept

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! So essentially I'm a huge fan of dark souls and I'm a huge fan of most FromSoftware games for that matter (Bloodborne being my all time favorite). With that being said I've been heavily inspired to challenge myself with the idea of making a first person souls-like game. I would want it to have more of a DKS1 feel requiring the player to be more precise and methodical with their attacks. Less of an aggressive hack and slash type. I'd also like to attempt to replicate or make my own adaptation of the soulsborne environments. I love how the environments interweave and connect, the shortcut systems, as well as the bonfire/lamp respawn systems (by no means am I saying I can do as good or better but I'd like to attempt to do it some justice. This is all just concept as of right now but I'd like to hear some other people's thoughts and opinions on things I should incorporate or maybe avoid in order to make it a better overall experience. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/PraiseDuhSun
    [link] [comments]

    I'm new to Dark Souls and was wondering if there were any strategies are tips

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    I'm new to Dark Souls and wondering if you guys had any strategies are tips (I'm right around the first Hydra) please don't spoil.

    submitted by /u/greencheekconure123
    [link] [comments]

    Defeated Artorias of the Abyss.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    I died around 15-16 times till I got a hang of it. It's one of the best boss fights because it is as unforgiving as it gets if you commit a mistake. The best attack was the rotating slam attack where you don't know how many times he is gonna use. If you think it's once then you get your ass handed by a continuous triple slam. He as an amazing moveset so that he can attack from all ranges. He is one of the fastest fight I had.

    Initial 8 deaths , I was using my shield to block his attacks but realised it was worthless. Dual wield claymore +14 with grass crest sheild at the back was my strategy. The next 5 deaths made me realise that I was dodging really slow. I was medium equipped so it took me time to realise I need to be lighter. I thought I was just missing my dodge window. After just put on a Havel ring which made light equipped. And made so much of a difference in fight as dodging his attacks was much easier now. Last few trial and error deaths , I finally did it. All I had to dodge his attacks and attack whenever I had a small window for it. I also figured out while he was overcharging you can stagger him to stop his charging. Best part was that my last strike was when he was mid flight in his rotating slam attack. Take it artorias I defeated you. Artorias was no doubt legendary. Respect to him.

    submitted by /u/Prajwalsingh98
    [link] [comments]

    Do you complete the NPC storylines?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    I've been replaying Dark Souls for the umpteenth time recently. The difference being, this time my girlfriend has been watching me play through the whole game (more or less). I just spoke to Siegmeyer for the last time (after he survived in the Lost Izalith) and told her "Aaaand he's effectively dead now. That triggers his death flag."

    I explained the context and what was now definitely going to happen next, and she asked me why I would bother talking to him if I knew it would just lead to the character (my favorite character in DS1) dying. Beyond the obvious answer (getting the free Titanite slab), it was tough to justify, especially considering that I went out of my way to do the same thing for characters like Big Hat Logan and Reah, letting them die even though I didn't get anything in return and knew what was coming.

    Personally, I don't think their stories feel complete if I don't trigger their death flags, since the alternative is just 'sit in XXX location for all eternity' (such as Big Hat Logan being stuck in the Duke's Archives, or Reah being stuck in the Undead Parish).

    What about the rest of you? Do you intentionally finish the NPC storylines, even if you know it will end in tragedy?

    submitted by /u/Nicholas_TW
    [link] [comments]

    People with mic to pvp with on dsr xbox

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    If anyone wants to pvp, learn the pvp, or just have a good time, hmu on xbox. Gt is Furious Banana. Send me a message over xbox if you interested.

    submitted by /u/Muhammadisback
    [link] [comments]

    Worth Buying DS1 Remastered Just For Playerbase?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    Playing the original on the xbox one through backwards compatibility and the playerbase is about in the negatives. Would it be worth buying the remastered version just for the playerbase improvement (theoretically?)

    Basically is the DS1R playerbase on the Xbox One (or PC) big enough to warrant buying it for that reason (to have more summons/invasions/etc)

    submitted by /u/Turboclicker_Two
    [link] [comments]

    Why did Solaire help me kill Gwyn ?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    Gwyn is lord of the sunlight and Solaire basically LOVES him. Right?

    submitted by /u/njord_the_marksman
    [link] [comments]

    I messed up :(

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    Does anyone know if it's possible to go back saves on ps4? I spent the moonlight butterfly soul on the horn twice and the shield is the last weapon I need to 100% completed the game

    submitted by /u/MathRelatedT0Science
    [link] [comments]

    Hey! It's me again the dark souls newb.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    I just defeated Ornnstein and Smough in my first try. Am I good? Or my weapon is just too op. I'm using BKS +3. I didn't even summon Brolaire 😂 a bit braggy but I sucked at Soulsborne especially at Bloodborne. I never got through the first boss in the bridge lol

    submitted by /u/Togers
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment