• Breaking News

    Monday, June 22, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    After 170 hours i found out you can skip the cutscenes, it’s the touchpad on PS4

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    Yeah I enjoyed the cutscenes the first time but not on my 8/9th playthrough 🤦‍♂️

    submitted by /u/CompleteBrit
    [link] [comments]

    Hi everyone, I'm getting dark souls 2.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    I've only played dark souls remastered, what should I know about dark souls 2 before getting started?

    submitted by /u/smrt666
    [link] [comments]

    About to start my first playthrough, thinking of going for a Hex build - any tips?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    Just finished my first souls game (Dark Souls Remastered) as a dex / pyro ninja build, thinking I'll try out a dark / hex build for this game (SotFS, ps4) and then try out a strength / faith build for DS3 (from what I've heard, faith got nerfed and is a little weak in this game, so I'm probably better off trying out that skill tree in the next game).

    Looking up hex build guides all I'm really finding are either videos of people showing off their SL250 hex build with late game weapons, or guides on how to cheese the game with hexes to become OP really quickly. I just want to play the game normally, but could use some guidance on the best way to progress a hex character.

    It sounds like cleric might be a better starting class for it than sorcerer, since the mace & heal are a more useful set early game and you can just level up your int. Pure casting builds seem kind of boring for souls games anyway, so I'm probably going to want to have a melee weapon in one hand (with a ranged weapon in the off slot) and hex staff in the other hand (with a shield in the off slot). This is more or less what I did in DSR and it was a fun, versatile approach that carried me through the game (carried an uchigatana and shield most of the time but had a pyro flame and bow in the off slots that I also used all the time depending on the situation). Since pyro flame wasn't stat dependent I just focused my leveling on dex, end, vit and attunement while leveling the pyro flame on the side and that worked well. However since you need both int and faith for hexing, it seems like I might not be able to rely as heavily on a weapon for this build.

    So what starting class / gift would you recommend? How would you recommend going about leveling, and what kind of equipment would you go for? Any other general tips or tricks are also welcome

    submitted by /u/ShaolinShade
    [link] [comments]

    help

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    This is my first playthrought and this is the only souls game were i get easily lost and i'm forced to stop progressing and go through the whole game to find a small door that leads to the next area. So what should i do after the old iron king ( I have beaten the lost sinner and the rotten too, I also want to keep the dlc for endgame )

    submitted by /u/hHDMI
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I get a Pursuer figure?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    I've been looking around and there's no official merch. Shame. Doesn't seem to be much on Etsy, just Artorias, rings, Solaire, and Siegmeyer for days. Is there anyone who's found any custom Pursuer stuff? Or if anyone can make one?

    submitted by /u/flusterstorms
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you, DirtyDirtyFox, wherever you may be!

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    I've been stuck on the Fume Knight for freaking ever, and I called them and then died at the last possible second! And then they put their summing sign down again and helped me kick the Fume Knight's ass! Seriously, thank you! From what I can tell, you have put your summon sign down again to help someone else. Massive thumbs up to you!

    (Hopefully this is allowed, and they see this)

    submitted by /u/DemonInDisguise17
    [link] [comments]

    The Mace is the best starting weapon IMO

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    After a few playthoughs as a greatsword melee character I decided to change things up a bit and be a Cleric. The most pleasant surprise to come out of this is finding out just how powerful Strike weapons are against armored enemies, and more specifically the Cleric's starting weapon, the Mace. I ended up using it as my main weapon for about 80% of the game and my backup for the rest. Area's like Heide's and Iron Keep become almost a joke compared my usual play style of Slash/Pierce weapons. If you haven't tried it, do a new game and give it a shot!

    submitted by /u/Flyboy42
    [link] [comments]

    What are the optimal Soul Memory and Soul Level for PvP right now?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    Title.

    Guessing the level is still 125, but what about Soul Memory? Also, I hate Soul Memory...

    submitted by /u/EXGTACAMLS
    [link] [comments]

    A SunBro’s Pain

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    I gotta get this off my chest, because I'm still a bit salty about it.

    Yesterday, whilst trying to earn sunlight medallions, I got summoned by two people (I believe they were friends because they kept summoning each other) who had me do the early Pursuer fight in the forest. I was a bit frustrated at first, but I figured that we'd still do the Giant fight, so I wasn't too upset.

    But then in both cases, they took me to the actual Pursuer's arena after we were done fighting the Pursuer, so they tried to screw me out of my medals in both cases!

    The first time, I was able to get my medal because the host fell off the roof at the last second, so the Pursuer disappeared and we had to do his proper boss fight. But for the second guy, we killed the Pursuer early, so I was denied my medal.

    submitted by /u/ScorpioTheScorpion
    [link] [comments]

    Hello everyone! I'm playing this game for the first time (I've played all the other Soulsbornekiro games). Every night (starting today), I'll make a post here commenting on my playthrough thus far (and adding any questions I may have. Feel free to give me any tips, or tell me your own opinions.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    So, I installed the game today (SotFS edition), and played it for a couple of hours. Here's my opinion on the things I've seen:

    1. Things Betwixt is a mediocre tutorial area. It's not very interesting, or especially fun to go through, when compared to other first areas, like Central Yharnam, for instance.

    2. Majula is a really good hub area, though. The music, the lighting, the fact that it connects to other levels, everything is done quite well.

    3. Heide's Tower of Flame is quite good, visually. But the Dragonrider is an extremely mediocre boss. Hopefully this isn't a reflection of the overall boss quality of this game. Also: the hitbox of the Dragon's flames is broken; it somehow reaches to the stairs (hopefully you'll know what part I'm talking about) even though the flames themselves stop way before that point.

    4. I've levelled up Adaptibility, don't worry. How much should I level it up to so that my invincibility frames are back to normal (i.e. same as in the other games)?

    5. What are those Knights in white armour? Why are some of them passive, while others attack on sight? (talking about Heide's Tower again)

    6. Why on earth does the maximum health decrease when you die? This is completely unnecessary, and I'm glad it wasn't ever used again. I also hope that Human Effigies are a common resource, otherwise I'm going to have issues.

    Overall, I'd have to say that the game is decent so far. Nothing really extraordinary, but I suppose it's only the beginning.

    submitted by /u/Riceifyouwould
    [link] [comments]

    need help with ava

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    anyone on xbox 360 soul level 11mill need help

    submitted by /u/Toxic_Politician
    [link] [comments]

    As someone with a fear of spiders, Brightstone Cove was... interesting

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    I'm going through my first playthrough of DS2 (don't get all the hate on this game, I love it) and when I entered Brightstone I was like "Oh cool, it looks like the crystal caves from DS1" and as I got lower to the caves itself, I realized it was spider webs and my god was I terrified. And don't even get me started on the boss, that was terrifying

    submitted by /u/buckeye62303
    [link] [comments]

    Hell with finding Aldia

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    So I've beaten every boss in the base game other than Aldia. I don't recall ever seeing him so I didn't talk to him. I also killed Nashandra before Vendrick. Is there anyway I can fight Aldia? I heard Bonfire Ascetic can fix something having to do with it.

    submitted by /u/t3mp_-40
    [link] [comments]

    Hello

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    Hi I'm new to this game and I'd like to know why every time I die my life shortens

    submitted by /u/lampara9
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Knight is Overhyped and honestly not that Difficult...

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    So, I just beat Fume Knight. And I have to say, after a few tries, he's not that bad.

    Yeah sure I died countless times and got hit multiple times, but it's mostly from my own mistakes. It was no more than 20 tries or so AT LEAST. Maybe less. The only BS attacks are the short sword's hit detection and his long fire sword when he swings it slowly in front. That's literally it.

    Other than that, he's a very simple boss with slow movement. This allows the player to easily get 1-2 hits in. And honestly, if you're lucky, you could probably kill him before he gets in his second phase (I'm not joking, I almost did it. He was at literally one sliver of health before I had no stamina and he one shot me).

    That's what I have to say. If people die during Fume Knight, it's mostly their fault because honestly, he's probably one of the less bs bosses in Souls2.

    What about you? Was Fume Knight hard for you? Easy? Let me know.

    Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

    submitted by /u/mpchop
    [link] [comments]

    My main gripe about a great game.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    As i've played DS2 i've grown to love it but there is an issue that has bugged me more and more as the rest have dwindled, and that's the progress route of the game.

    I have time for an hour or so a day to play and I enjoy stumbling along blind in these games. However, I have had to look things up more than the other souls game because I'm unsure of to what to do next.

    I've reached the dragon shrine and there's nowhere else to go past it. Gave me a mist key and some vague spiel and then I'm at a loss as to what to do with it. Asking NPC's gives the whole, "I'll be here until hope fades" nonsense which she can take with her off a cliff. There are areas I haven't explored fully, but again i'm not entirely sure what I am looking for.

    Souls games are vague and they're not going to hold your hand with big neon arrows pointing to way, I understand that, but this game feels poorly structured. Is my objective to Kill Vendrick to become the Monarch? Is it to kill that ominous queen in the castle? I feel the game does a poor job of guiding the player as to what their goal is and hinting at how to accomplish it.

    DS1 handled it the best imo, it had a branching hub, similar to Majula, but I always felt clear in my objective - two bells - sens fortress - Lordvessel - 4 lords - smack Gwyn in his curse giving face. I felt comfortable to explore as I knew what the ultimate objective was and where to go to complete it.

    DS3 was very linear, kill the Lords of Cinder and then smack the Soul of Cinder in its face.

    DS2 is go collect 4 lord souls and see the king and then... wander around some more?

    Really loving this game but feel the game flow is a bit shit, which could entirely be down to me being thick.

    submitted by /u/shinysanchez
    [link] [comments]

    Playing the dark souls franchise for the first time

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    i always wanted to try these games (and i did 7 times a long times ago lol) now i know that the pc version of dark souls 1 is garbage that's why its frustrating (the controls and the camera omg) so i decided to start with DS 2 .. is that okay ? im a total beginner so any advices will do .. you can even spoil xD and thanks !

    submitted by /u/ricky11_27
    [link] [comments]

    hexer build

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    So currently I'm at 25 faith 21 intelligence I believe and 21 to 22 atunment 16 to 17 Dex and 14 strength and like 8 in vigor 10 in endurance and 8 in vitality I already have dark orb dark hail and then I'm using homing soul spear the weapons I have rn are a raw spear and the flame long sword there's a playthrough by the fighting cow boy and he's using the spear and battle axe to then convert to the dark silver light spear and sickle any tips ?

    submitted by /u/yeeboi16
    [link] [comments]

    The pursuer boss just spawned in at the lost Bastille

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    I was near the bonfire 'exile holding cells' and went down the ladder to fight the dogs for some souls and randomly the pursuer boss just came from the sky and killed me. I have no mods or hacks(on ps4) so is this a glitch or??? Really confused on how this happend.

    submitted by /u/Solaire-of-Astora69
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to get 2 Vengarl's Red Rust Swords on the same NG?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    Title. Basically i want to powerstance 2 of those swords on a strength build cause i saw it has S scaling on STR, so i was wondering if using a bonfire aesthetic will make vengarl to sell me another one (if so which bonfire?). If it's not possible i can get a friend to give it to me, but if i can get it myself now it would be cool. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Navasxdxd
    [link] [comments]

    Soul of jeigh farming

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    Do I need to burn a bonfire ascetic every time I want to fight the giant lord again?

    submitted by /u/Okikiiii
    [link] [comments]

    Feeling the urge to start NG+ but want to play with the DLC crown a bit longer.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to farm or plan ahead for NG before I jump in? Finished the DLCs and I want to spend some time with the unhollowing effect before I lose it in journey 2.

    Already plan on hoarding some titanite and other healing items. Also, what's a good recommended SL?

    Sorry for the noon questions, I think this may be my first NG+ journey of any Souls game. Just want to be prepared! (SotFS, if that matters)

    submitted by /u/Plopawert
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Bell Keepers

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    The wiki states that you can also rank up this covenant by vanquishing red phantoms, is this true? I've been grinding it for a while with a friend, using the Delicate String ring and Cracked Red Eye Orbs. But it just doesn't seem to be leveling up, and the dark spirit just hasn't shown up for me, so I don't know how to level up this covenant because I just don't get summoned with the bell ring.

    submitted by /u/Cbas_Sage
    [link] [comments]

    Tips you wish you knew when yoh started?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    I know going in blind is supposed to be the best way but I'm not a masochist. I'm in the forest of the fallen giants or something like that in my first playthrough and I got killed by this flying knight guy twice and lost about 6k souls. I'm not asking necessarily for tips about that, just things in general you didn't know about right away.

    Edit: god dammit I don't know how I missed that typo in the title

    submitted by /u/Matterwalrus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment