• Breaking News

    Monday, June 15, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend made me this awesome water bottle.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    Just beat DSR with STRAIGHT SWORD HILT

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    After 15 hours, I finally completed my Hallow run! These were my rules:

    - No armor. Must always be naked

    - No shields. No effects either, so no weed shield for that stamina regen.

    - No weapons besides the starting weapon (SSH) are allowed.

    - Weapon buffs are allowed (Resin, Magic Weapon, ect)

    This was harder than my deathless run to be honest, for the whole game was a stamina battle. Just felt like sharing it here because damn it feels good to finally beat this challenge!

    submitted by /u/Poopiezz
    [link] [comments]

    Do you ever saw a souls series hater give solid arguments about why the game is bad?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Me neither, and they still exist, even after the 2019 goty

    submitted by /u/1Falange1
    [link] [comments]

    This came in the mail today

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/zhfQQv2

    Had ordered after completing DSR.

    submitted by /u/m44n45
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished a sketch of my favorite Dark Souls boss, Artorias!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    As the title says, this is a sketch of my favorite boss in the series, Artorias the Abysswalker. I'm fairly new to the Dark Souls series of games and haven't made it very far into the first game. That being said...I fell in love with Artorias's design and backstory the first time I was exposed to it. I know it's not the best or most detailed piece on here, but it's my first attempt at something so detailed. Thanks for checking it out!

    Picture Here

    submitted by /u/TheReviewsprime
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    So I finally beat this game for the first time!

    I had the most trouble with the bell gargoyles, Seath (not the boss - the level) and Gwyn.

    I had to look up strategies for those three bosses 'cause I'm a brainlet but I did it all without summoning once.

    Every other boss was first, second, or third try..

    23 hours, level 77, str build, spent the whole game with the Claymore you get on the undead burg bridge..

    32 Vit 30 End 35 Str

    Now for Dark Souls 2...

    submitted by /u/SPECTRE_OF_COMMULISM
    [link] [comments]

    Beating this game is the worst thing that’s happened to my gaming life

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    Don't be off-put. I originally played this back when it first came out and beat the bell gargoyles, but stopped playing after my 360 just crapped out. I decided to get back into this series as it has just bothered me I've played the shit out of Bloodborne and Sekiro and never got back to playing this game and series after so many years for some odd reason. Big mistake. After picking up and beating this game a few months ago, I cannot play anything else. I've beaten 1 and 3 over 6 times by now (lost count), trying out new build after new build, I have little to no desire to even try anything brand new or different. Nothing feels fun anymore BUT these games. I don't understand how a video game is this ridiculously addictive to play over and over and never ever get sick of it. I mean, it's gotten to the point where I am beating a lot of the bosses without even taking any damage. God damn it Miyazaki.

    submitted by /u/iAintMikey
    [link] [comments]

    Theory about bonfire leveling

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    Ok so I had an idea about why Dark Souls 1 is the only game where you can level at any bonfire.

    The fire is at it's strongest in Lordran/Dark Souls 1 and that is the only game where you can level at any bonfire. I think that in every other game the firekeeper is required to act as a catalyst for the player to level up

    submitted by /u/WanderingCollosus
    [link] [comments]

    I nearly shit my pants

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    I started DsR after beating the hell out of Ds3 and this game is a mess. In a good way

    First i run into skeletons who were too hard to beat but i thought the game is as linear as Ds3 so i tried a few times. Nada

    I explored firelink shrine a bit more and found the right way i think? I can kill these hollows so im good

    But then i opened a door with the key i chose as my gift and went down. 1 floor nothing- 2 floor nothing

    3 floor fucking Havel was standing there and immediately run to me. It scared the shit out of me. I was out of estus and no clue how to roll probably in this game so i run away to the previous bonfire. But i turned left instead of right at some point and bumped into a fucking black knight

    Turned around and run for my life, i coulnd find the bonfire and you cant tp back. So i killed the last hollow in the building i were when i heard steps.

    You can imagine the horror i felt when heavy steps became louder and louder not knowing if its the hard enemy or the even harder one

    Me, my two humanities and my 2k souls finally reached the bonfire and boy i will never go through a door i opened with this fucking key

    submitted by /u/Bananak47
    [link] [comments]

    The real incentive of cutting seaths tail

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    Is being able to play with the ragdoll of the tail after the fight

    submitted by /u/TraumatizeMeCaptain
    [link] [comments]

    Couldnt help but notice Anor Londo is in Enchanted Arms

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    Im currently playing Enchanted Arms, which is made by the same dev team as Demons Souls and DS1, and noticed the striking resemblance "London City" has to Anor Londo.

    https://imgur.com/a/WO2lJfF

    submitted by /u/TimeRocker
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion of "Time is convoluted"...

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    Always hated when people base lore theories around that line. Don't take this the wrong way I don't mind time shenanigans in games that are based around that theme but in games like dark souls with a lore heavy story I feel like it cheapens the story. If time is convoluted then can we really know what is was for example that burned the black knights, was it the war against the chaos demons or when Gwyn lit the fire or was it when the chosed undead did it and it rippled across waves of time, scarring the knights long before you reached the Gwyn in the first place? What I'm trying to say is that how can we sure of or atleast resonably sure of what happened before if time itself effects things?

    Now I haven't played ds3 yet so I don't know where they took the story from there on but in ds1 I feel like people interpret it wrong. The way I interpreted it was that the time theme was an excuse to explain how and why online play works/is there as Miyazaki often does with a lot of other game mechanics. The homeward bones are not just a teleportation device but it is also burnt undead bones that can find the player back to their last bonfire.

    Sorry for the rant

    submitted by /u/DisastrousGrowth5
    [link] [comments]

    Reminder: when being summoned, you're there to HELP the host. Don't do everything for them. Follow their lead. Let them deal the final blow to the bosses. That's what jolly cooperation is all about.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    Play with the host, not for them.

    It's a rule I follow, and I'd like to see more people follow it. I was helping people fight Artorias earlier and noticed that other summoned players would try to do everything themselves.

    It's one thing when you're in a boss fight and know it pretty well; yeah it's fun to just attack the boss, but just remember that there are ways of helping other than just attacking all the time. Be there so that you can step in when you see the host struggling and maybe they need the boss to be distracted so they can heal, something like that. Just don't be that player who's there to steal all the glory.

    submitted by /u/BBR2716057
    [link] [comments]

    My first 10 attempts at four kings blind: A summary

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    1: jumped down the middle of the stair well, clocked something on the way down and died, this was a show of things to come

    2 got to the bottom and immediately decimated by king number 1

    5 got king number 1 down and got over to king number 2 before being killed

    7 half healthed king number 2

    10 used charcoal pine resin, decimated king number 1 and 2, got to number 3 and died

    Going back with green blossom and more pine resin... I can do this

    submitted by /u/G1ngey
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Capra Demon after more or less a dozen tries.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    Move over, I'm a souls veteran now.

    submitted by /u/Scouting4Thirdie
    [link] [comments]

    watching beginners on twitch is both one of the best and worst things

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    Am I the only one who feels this? It's super enjoyable watching people making their way through the game for the first time, but also frustrating in that you want to help so badly but don't want to back seat their playthrough.

    submitted by /u/jackjackjackncoke
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a wepon in dark souls remastered that is better than the claymore?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    I am going through dark souls remastered (this is my first time playing a souls game) and the claymore is good and all but i just want to switch it up a bit.

    submitted by /u/enthusiastic_potato_
    [link] [comments]

    To the guy I invaded in Painted World

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    I was sleepy and didn't notice you had dropped humanity in the doorway. Sorry it took me so long :p

    submitted by /u/ElegantMonkeyMan
    [link] [comments]

    What genre is Nameless Song by Motoi Sakuraba?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    I literally can't stop listening to it, I need more for the love of all that is holy does anyone know any similar works or what genre this is?

    submitted by /u/SpecterTitan
    [link] [comments]

    What are your top 5 favorite bosses from all the Soulsborne games?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    Finished Dark Souls 1 and playing Bloodborne so I got soulsborne on my mind. Can't stop thinking of the bosses. What are your top 5? Mine are:

    1. Artorias the Abysswalker
    2. Nameless King
    3. Manus, Father of the Abyss
    4. Ornstein and Smough
    5. Guardian Ape

    HMs: Twin Princes, Genichiro Ashina, Great Shinobi Owl, and Black Dragon Kalameet

    I still need to play Dark Souls 2 and I've yet to find a boss in Bloodborne that's as good as these 5. I've only beaten 7 bosses so i'm sure i'll find a great one soon.

    submitted by /u/Arch_Angel666
    [link] [comments]

    Meta PvP NG cycle

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    For sl120-ish PvP, which usually happens at oolacile township, is it better to stay at NG, or go to ng+? Does it really matter?

    submitted by /u/BadTimeManager
    [link] [comments]

    More possible inspiration for Witch of Izalith/Bed of Chaos

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    I found my way through news pages and stumbled upon this: https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p083th7h/thimmamma-marrimanu-the-world-s-largest-single-tree-canopy

    The short version is that a long time ago a man died from leprosy and his wife couldn't bear it so she killed herself by throwing herself into a pyre, and their souls grew into this tree. The tree has been growing nonstop every since.

    Pretty out there, but if you stewed on it, it could surely have some sort of connection to the Witch and how her fate came about.

    submitted by /u/HipnikDragomir
    [link] [comments]

    So I've probably been playing dark souls for 2 or 3 years, but how did I not find the gwyn statue sooner?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    I thought I stepped foot in every section of the game I could have access too. But here I was farming souls outside smough and ornsteins boss room. And I see a thing sticking out from the bottom of the screen. I follow it and I find a ring and a circular room. I don't know how I never seen this before, but there could always be something you never seen in dark souls.

    Even if you think you have searched everything. Uh thanks for reading, if you took the time to do so. And happy souling.

    submitted by /u/SpikefallSteve
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment