• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 14, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Shrine of Amana and I found it very underwhelming.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Before really getting into the DS community and when I'd just skulk around here and there, Shrine of Amana was always talked about like this hellhole of an area, bad and unenjoyable in every way, and somehow worse than DS1's BlightTown. It was like this forbidden legend amongst the community and I was so afraid to tackle it. But when I did I found it not hard at all. And don't get me wrong, I'm not tryna be all stuck up and say it was a piece of cake, but my experience was nothing like how the community made it out to be. I only died a single time and it was because I feel off the water edge. I think the biggest gripe people have with it is the fact that it does make you change your playstyle a bit if you wanna succeed without having too much trouble. But even then I always felt that a rule of thumb in DS2 was that bows were very useful, so I had no trouble whatsoever having to rely on it a bit more.

    submitted by /u/lilasseatinboi
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat it, what a wonderful and rage-inducing journey

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    I played the game a few years ago, I believe I ended up at the Giant Lord memory.. but never finished the game. I recently purchased the game again.. I admit I had my rage moments, (Iron keep I'm looking at you) But, despite that I remembered what I loved about this game, the lore surrounding the Giants and Vendrick is very fascinating for me, for that point the Giant memories were my favourite parts of the game, exploring the past is always quite interesting in these games. It took time, and breaks, and just a bit of punching certain miracle NPC's off cliffs, but it's over, and the New game + is just beginning (Oh and the DLC)

    Enjoy some photos, anyway. https://imgur.com/a/64gsims

    submitted by /u/MrTomigonzo
    [link] [comments]

    What happens when you give Rosabeth the Symbol of Avarice (Answered)

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Video here

    Rosabeth will slowly take 5 damage until she eventually dies, but to speed it up I attacked her, and she dies of the slow tick damage

    submitted by /u/Nick-D-
    [link] [comments]

    How easy is it to do a full coop playthrough with someone?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Hello everyone! Long time Souls fan and since DS2 was my first one a few years ago, I would like to do a co-op run with my gf. We're currently doing it on DS3 and I was wondering if it was as easy to do on DS2.

    In DS3 it's just a password, ember, sign and done. Full area until the boss for one of us and then switch. How would it work for DS2?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/sandrokira
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 dlc

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    Is there a specific order I should play the dlc or can I just go with whatever looks the coolest?

    submitted by /u/Rainbowbear27
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Giant Lord use an upscaled Broad Sword?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    Always wondered what weapon the Giant Lord uses in battle. Is it an upscaled Broad Sword?

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    I need your help

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    Yes i need your help. Months ago i decided to create some "challenges" on Ds2 Sotfs since i had already done most things that you do in a normal account. The first challenge was to turn all the flames on the map blue. The second challenge was to get a message with 1k+ upvotes. The third challenge which i finished today was to lit every single torch in the entire game.
    Now that i have finished these 3 challenges i'm looking for new ones but i've ran out of idea so if some of you could help me find new ones i would really be grateful.

    Ps: Sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's not my main language.

    submitted by /u/MelkorBlackFoe
    [link] [comments]

    [Help][PS4][SL150][DS2] Ancient Dragon (lemons)

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    DS2 worth it?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    I realise I'm asking a biased group here, but I played through dark souls, new favourite game, absolutely love it, I originally planned to skip DS2 and go straight to DS3 because of what I'd heard from the community, but would it be worth a playthrough?

    submitted by /u/Minipaw
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for build advice for the DLC and then NG+ (Red Iron Twinblade)

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    Hi,

    so I'm cleaning up the steam achievements for SOTFS and need some help with the DLC and then NG+ (and I think a bit of NG++). I've got a +10 Red Iron Twinblade right now and getting my ass kicked by Darklurker over and over inspired me to make this post.

    I understand 40 STR and then minimum required DEX is typical advice people give, but I'm struggling with the other stats. Is it best to put some points into FTH/INT so you can buff the weapon with dark or lightning? Also if you infuse a weapon your magic related stats matter? I'm really not experienced with magic or weapon buffs in these game and need help being able to maximize damage and versatility.

    In addition, I could use some recommendations for armor that's actually worth upgrading.

    submitted by /u/Dumple
    [link] [comments]

    Build Advice

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    Okay I'm recently working on a new run, had to swap psn accounts from a family one to an individual. I'm thinking of doing a shieldless run for this cycle.

    I'm thinking of doing claws/fists paired with pyromancy and the washing pole for when I want a bit more range, I'm still debating on an armor set.

    My question is what stats would you all reccomend for pve for this? I'm not set on which set of claws/fist weapons I use like I wouldn't mind grabbing the bone fist from the dlc but thats definitly later game. I know from what I remember the Caestus runs more to strength and the base claws go to dex.

    But what about the washing pole? it has a higher rating in dex but I know scaling skews better to Str in 2.

    submitted by /u/Dark_Reaper23
    [link] [comments]

    A Bloodborne Veteran tackles Dark Souls 2

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    This Thursday I will be purchasing Dark Souls 2. What information should I know before diving head first?

    submitted by /u/Jordan-the-Sorcerer
    [link] [comments]

    Please a good No death run guide for Scholar of the firt sin.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    There are a lot of no Death no bonfire, or no hit guids but I struggle finding a good only no death run guide. Is there any you recommend guys? Thank you

    submitted by /u/PoupsiLight
    [link] [comments]

    Please a good No death run guide for Scholar of the firt sin.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    There are a lot of no Death no bonfire, or no hit guids but I struggle finding a good only no death run guide. Is there any you recommend guys? Thank you

    submitted by /u/PoupsiLight
    [link] [comments]

    New Game +

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    Any tips on new game plus? What items should I stock up on? What items will be removed from my inventory?

    submitted by /u/Ivanthrxz
    [link] [comments]

    This is my first time playing the game, and I'm loving it so far! SO much better than the first game, imho. (I just fought my way through the gutter. SUCH A COOL MAP TO EXPLORE!!!)

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    In the title, really.

    So far, I've cleared out the forest the bastille and the wharf, as well as the fire tower thing with the dragon and all the giant dudes. I JUST finished navigating through the Gutter, but I feel like I missed some stuff in there, so I'm going to be going back. (Is there no boss in that area?)

    I'm making my first playthrough mostly blind, just so I can enjoy the experience of exploring naturally. So far, the gutter is by far my favourite level I've played. I had so many HOLYSHITWTF moments, I lost count. Just figuring out how to find my way around the area was fun in and of itself!

    submitted by /u/TwistedHammer
    [link] [comments]

    I really do hate the Pursuer. Seriously... can I rant for a moment, please?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    I mean I get it. A boss/boss like entity that appears periodically to try and stop you. He drops loot, guards loot and over all can be a marker for interesting locations. But let's just be real here.... the only way for someone who forgot ADP was a thing is to use the Ballista and pray, his empowering impale attack that Hollows you instantly, along with the accumulation of technical crap most of us try to ignore...

    I've been stopped on 2 or 3 specifically crafted build ideas because, out of all things... the 2nd boss on the most nominal path. I swore, I got gud, I know what I'm doing... but apparently not.

    Wish me luck fisting him to death because my Fists build is about to hollow here and now, and really, I'm not impressed...

    Quick edit, Reddit glitched and posted my first attempt here by a fluke, so this the real one.

    I got some advice regardless, so thanks. I'll keep this post here for any extra tips

    submitted by /u/FloppeyPyro
    [link] [comments]

    Need a caster to help me clear crumbled ruins soul memory 1693005

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    First time playing ds2 need help clearing this area please

    leave sign by bonefire

    submitted by /u/LBOSS-R
    [link] [comments]

    Is Iron Passage and Blue Smelter optional? Struggling.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    Getting into Dark Souls 2.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    Hey everyone.

    So I was thinking about buying DS2 but I feel like people dont like it as much as they like ds1 and ds3. I just finished ds3 a few days ago and wanted to know how Ds2 compares to it and if I should buy it.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Zalluto
    [link] [comments]

    I did it

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    After months of rage and pain I was victorious and finished dark souls 2 (are you proud?)

    submitted by /u/Rainbowbear27
    [link] [comments]

    How bad are spiders in DS2?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    I played and loved DS3 so I am considering getting DS2. I have heard from my friend that game has got the best world building, but unfortunately the worst bosses in the entire franchise. Here's the thing though I have fear of spiders and would like to know how bad they are here. I couldn't play Nioh because the spiders were too scary :(

    Any answers are appreciated! Thanks.

    submitted by /u/FesterTY
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot how to play ds2, please help

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 05:45 AM PDT

    Ok so I'm just going through the game again before I record a playthrough and some stuff has be baffling.

    I appear to have killed drangleic: thought I'd leave the ruin sentinels room with the statues and the entrance to the third darklurker dungeon (and third bonfire) till after as I remember it being kinda hard... come back after beating guardian Dragon and now none of the statues will aggro. Have I ruined my run, or is there something really obvious im missing? If they just don't aggro after u do a chunk of the game then that just seems like really weird game design so I think there must be something I've forgotten about and now I'm going to feel silly when someone reminds me of the really obvious thing I'm not doing.

    Also I forgot what a PAIN early game is when yr scrambling around for life gems and t shards, but thankfully I'm past that stage now. I've always loved the level design and aesthetics of ds2 but beginning to understand y some ppl find it frustrating.

    submitted by /u/dampine
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment