• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 17, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Firelink Shrine remake

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/JLM973e

    Hey everyone, I tried recreating the firelink shrine in UE4 a few months back while in lockdown, thought you guys might like it.

    submitted by /u/MrDetectiveGoose
    [link] [comments]

    A cute Solaire my gf made

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    Cute Solaire
    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Solaire1119
    [link] [comments]

    40 years old. Kids, house, career, But my best achievement this year was getting Manus down and my very first Obsidian Greatsword solo over the weekend.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    None of my gamer friends are Dark Souls players. Had to share with someone who would appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/6RFV
    [link] [comments]

    Ultimate DSR Husbando & Waifu Tier List

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    My controller went full seppuku so to fill the void I compiled this. Sanity is optional anyway.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/NHNbzkw

    submitted by /u/salty_raccoon
    [link] [comments]

    Going hollow.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 01:20 AM PDT

    "Praise the Sun !", Pixel Art

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    Testing the "SLSO8" palette, 64x64 pixel art

    https://imgur.com/gallery/4sdyREj

    Hope you like it

    submitted by /u/DelireMan7
    [link] [comments]

    I wish the guy with end game gear in undead parish could find some friends

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Each time i break between playing darks souls i come back and just get my ass beat by this guy g who only invades undead parish at like lvl 15 with endgame armor, dark bead, and black flame. Tbh im not even mad i just wish he could find some good in his life so he didnt have to just invade fresh characters and taunt them. It makes me feel bad for him.

    submitted by /u/Sandwitchhermit
    [link] [comments]

    My 4 kings seem immune to melee damage? Anyone else encountered this?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    It's my first time playing through the game and every time I try to swing at the kings the attack seems to go right through them? Like, the attack looks like it goes through their model but nothing happens? is it some weird abyss visual trick where I'm actually nowhere near as close to them as I think I am? because they can sure hit me with THEIR melee. Is it a bug, am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/fedora-tion
    [link] [comments]

    I JUST BEAT O AND S ON MY SECOND TRY.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    I have no goddamn words. Just holy shit.

    submitted by /u/bob-ross1029
    [link] [comments]

    New player here

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    Ok so I have played ds2, ds3 and bloodborne and I noticed that dsr is on sale so I got it instantly and I was just wandering what class I should pick I have always used strength builds in the previous games but I kinda wanna switch it up and also any tips would be helpful for a noob like me

    submitted by /u/Linty559
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dark Souls worth trying if I didn't like Dark Souls 3 at all?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    I've just finished the Dragonslayer armour boss and to be honest I'm kind of dissapointed. I always heard great stuff about the franchise but I'm not really feeling it. First, while the locations started off fun the middle section has been so boring. Road of Sacrifices, Catocombs, Farrons keep , Smouldering Lake, and Irythal have honestly been pretty terrible. It slowed the game down so much because of all the hazards. I feel like it just takes away from the combat which is supposed to be the main point.

    Speaking about combat the boss fights have honestly not been that interesting. Apart from Abyss watchers, pontiff and the Dancer everything has been way too easy and just straight up not interesting fights. Like, Abyss watchers was easy but they were such a fun fight with the flame sword and the emotional context around it. On the other hand you have Wolnir, my reward for getting through Catacombs, who dies so fast. The world also doesn't seem very connected despite what people told me about Dark Souls. You just teleport to a literal hub world(Fire link shrine). All these things combined have just ruined the immersion(thought I'm not even sure what the setting of this game is) and I feel like I'm just going through a boss rush thats not even particulary challenging.

    If I didn't like Dark Souls 3 because of these aspects should I accept the franchise is not for me( if these are in every Dark Souls game) or are the other two different. To be clear I want a more immersive game that have better and more interesting locations. Something that makes me feel like the world is cohesive and not just a bunch of random locations(or copypasted like road of sacrafices and farrons keep). I'd also hope the bosses are harder thought thats not a big deal if the bosses are fun at least like the Abyss watchers. I saw the Artorius fight which looked like a lot of fun so it got me wondering if maybe I just chose the wrong souls game to start with.

    submitted by /u/rxgunner
    [link] [comments]

    When Dark Souls goes wrong

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    Stuck in the Depths side of Blighttown.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've died. My weapon is broken. I'm cursed. And I'm losing my goddamn mind. I finally found a way out, but now I can't make it through all the enemies without dying. Please tell me I'm not the only one to go through this. Please..........

    submitted by /u/theunionargus
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: there are 10 Crystal Lizards in the Great Hollow and if you farm the lot you’re guaranteed at least one Titanite Slab (I’ve had two before). There’s a good video on YT which explains how. Takes 10-15 mins max - much easier than hunting dickwraiths!

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    I just beat Gwynn

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    Did I git gud?

    submitted by /u/hanbro
    [link] [comments]

    Sun bros requirement

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    Ive read it was originally 50 faith but it goes down by 5 everytime you help someone kill a boss. Now its been patched to 25 does it still go down by 5 each time? Or would i still need to co op 10 times to guarantee i can join?

    submitted by /u/Zleck-V2
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Newb/Noob here.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    PROGRESS

    I just started the game (DS1) and I'm making my way through the Undead Parish and I really don't know if I'm going through the right way. I've just defeated Tauros Demon, talked to Solaire, died from the dragon on the bridge. So I made way through the bridge below. Am I going the right way? Is skipping enemies acceptable? I always think about the souls I'm losing by skipping them.

    STATS

    I've been leveling my ENDURANCE, STRENGTH and DEXTERITY. Mostly prioritizing these stat. Am I doing it right?

    P.S. I've never finished a soulsborne game. I've played them but most of the time I quit because I always get lost on what to do. The most souls-like game I played was Sekiro and I didn't finished it. I finished like 60% of the game. Any tips?

    From time to time I'll update this with things I learned from the comments. TIA 😅

    submitted by /u/Togers
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with Ornstein and Smough

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    Im on ps4 and this is the only boss Im struggling with and I desperately need help

    submitted by /u/OGCactusKing
    [link] [comments]

    Pls help this beginner girl

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    so i have darks souls remastered (my older brother bought it) and he let me play it but i cant even kill the big asylum guy. any tips? i never played any game on the ps4 before, only ps3 and xbox 360, so i am a noob. i did get the estus flasks from the armor guy.

    submitted by /u/CryptidPseudonym
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question is Patches related to Velka in any way ?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    I want to start off by saying I am still quite new to dark souls so my knowledge of the lore is pretty lacking, and I have only played Dark souls 1 and 3. But anyways I was thinking of attempting to do a Velka Talisman build. And I don't know why but I got to thinking about which NPCs would be considered sinners, and when I got to Patches. I realized something Patches goes out of his way to punish those who he believes are greedy, and of course in most world religions Greed is considered a sin. So in a sense he is punishing those who have sinned which is Velka's whole deal. I was wondering with they is anything else that might point to a connect between these two characters ?, besides the fact they like punishing those who have sinned ?. Or is there something that missed in dark souls 1 and 3 or something in dark souls 2 that disproves my theory for a lack of better words out right ?.

    submitted by /u/RedEyedAbyssWatcher
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Dark souls for the first time

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    I won't lie the experience and fight at the end was Epic. The music truly made it amazing. However, I messed up the ending and left the door to the boss fight and got the Dark lord ending.

    However, nothing compares to me having to kill Solaire after he goes Hollow, kinda wanted to let him bee and continue thinking he had found his sun at last.

    I truly thank this community for making the journey worth the while. It really helped especially when fighting O&S.

    submitted by /u/Dildoshwaggens54
    [link] [comments]

    I'm new to Dark Souls and I know I'm gonna get shit for what I'm about to say, but honestly.... Dark Souls is not difficult!?!

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    Listen, before you assume I'm being an asshole and bragging about how good I am at games, Im not even really a gamer, and Im not saying Dark Souls is easy, what Im saying is that it isn't "difficult"? or at least not nearly as difficult as I was lead to believe!

    I have immediately fell in love with this serious and am addicted to playing it already, Im not that far, I just rang the first bell in the top tower and now Im fighting the Gaping Dragon. but the thing I keep waiting for is to be "shocked by its difficulty". Don't get me wrong the game certainly isn't easy, but so far I've had few issues playing through the game, I have my fair share of deaths, but like Im not even a gamer, I suck at games. I guess my point is that if I, a guy who sucks at games am having such an easy time with it, how hard can It really be, a proper gamer would blow through it with that logic.

    I think honestly its probably just the word difficult that bothers me, I feel like its more like just alot of effort, less so than difficult. It takes time and patience, but its not like hard to do?

    submitted by /u/ProbablyNotGenius
    [link] [comments]

    After four years I finally beat this legend of a game

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    Today I sat down and went through the final area, saw the ending for the first time, and now I feel strange... But, the more interesting thing is that I started back in 2016, and gave up sometime after the first bell tower. Dark Souls has been sitting in my library for almost four years, until earlier this month I decided to give it another go, ditching my old run and starting from scratch.
    And oh man was it great, I never thought I would beat it but here I am. After Blighttown, I couldn't stop myself coming back to the game every day or so, beating each boss just feels so rewarding.

    Anyone else have a similar experience of struggling the first time around, then coming back to the game much later? I think it made me like the game even more than I could have expected.

    submitted by /u/mlawrman
    [link] [comments]

    Is Frampt who you're "supposed" to place lord vessel with on first play through?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    First play through of game (I've done DS3 already). Just got through anor Londo and defeated Smough and Ornstein (first real boss battle I got stuck on, so much more on top of you than other bosses!).

    I was a bit lost about what to do after Anor so I looked up a few guides, which all said to avoid the giant creepy snake at firelink and continue doing things without his advice.

    If I don't care about the covenant or getting the item for invasions from other snake Boi, is there any issue with talking to Frampt now? It seems like it's what you're "supposed" to do to progress the main quest line as a person who's playing through for the first time and I don't want to miss out on that. I hate not knowing where to go and not having an in game goal, and don't wanna read too far ahead on guides.

    submitted by /u/Mogwaizon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment