• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 27, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I DID IT!!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:49 PM PDT

    I beat Dark Souls for the first time!! Thank you for all the help and different tips in my previous posts!

    submitted by /u/PreflightHawk
    [link] [comments]

    If you are new to the game, or not yet good, invade other worlds! People will appreciate being invaded by someone they can actually beat, and isn't someone who has been doing PvP for the last 11 years

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    Seriously, try not to be afraid of pvp or invading, don't take it so seriously. Just do an emote at the person before fighting and have fun with it! I am on my 4th Souls game and only now have gotten into invading, so try it out!

    submitted by /u/Alpha_Bit_Poop
    [link] [comments]

    The second half of DS1 isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    From what I understand, the general consensus of Dark Souls 1 is that the first half of the game is excellent while the second half is awful. The specifics may be different depending on person to person, but this is the general consensus.

    And I completely disagree. Firstly, calling it the second 'half' seems wrong to me, because it's more like a third of the game at best, rather than half of it. It only consists of 8 locations (New Londo Ruins, Catacombs, Tomb of the Giants, Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave, Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith and Kiln of the First Flame) as opposed to the previous 14 locations.

    Secondly, with the exception of Lost Izalith, the reason these locations seem worse is because the first 2/3rds of the game were so darn good. The later locations lack the interconnectivity that was there before, and that makes it seem a lot worse. But in practice, they're just as good as the levels in DS2 or 3. Not as great as the Cathedral of the Deep or the Grand Archives, but just as good as the Carthus Catacombs, Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, Irithyll Dungeon and Lothric Castle. I'm not convinced with the arguments as to why these levels are so bad, and I'm sure that if you were to replace Lost Izalith with the Cathedral of the Deep, it would still be seen as being a lot worse than it actually is.

    Thirdly, aside from Lost Izalith, I don't believe anyone trying to correct these levels would make broad, sweeping changes to it's design. Tomb of the Giants and New Londo Ruins could benefit from an extra bonfire. The fall damage for Nito should be removed, they should remove one of the wyverns at the door of the Valley of the Drakes, the first Seath encounter should be removed, Crystal Cave could benefit with a few more walkways and a bonfire, and I'd say that's it. I would also add a walkway or a stairway that leads from their boss room to the Lordvessel, and hopefully that brings back some of the interconnectivity from the first 2/3rds.

    The only place where I would make sweeping changes is the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith (To be honest I actually liked Lost Izalith, but still). And even then, I would bring back the Taurus, Capra and Asylum Demon, because it makes sense for them to be there.

    And, aside from the Bed of Chaos, I would change the bosses in a major way. They may not be as difficult as some of the earlier bosses, but I personally don't mind. Because, by now, the difficulty has served it's purpose and the boss difficulty shows not only how they've grown weaker, but also how you've grown stronger. And I'd much rather have different bosses with different movesets and strategies than slight variations of Artorias (cough DS3 cough).

    Anyway, this was my defense for the "poor half" of DS1. I'd love to know what you guys think and if anyone agrees with me.

    submitted by /u/kiseirin
    [link] [comments]

    Here is something that I think this community can enjoy! I Made The BLACK KNIGHT GREATSWORD From Dark Souls

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/JGOR9_M3EVg

    I have been a big SoulsBorn fan ever since the first time I picked up Demon's Souls (Well maybe the 5th time that I picked it up, before I finally played it all the way through instead of raging). This project has taken over a year to complete and now I finally get to show off my crowning achievement to people that care about these games as much as I do.

    submitted by /u/Blaze_OGlory
    [link] [comments]

    Which Dark Souls should I get?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:49 PM PDT

    I'd like to clarify that I have not touched a single Dark Souls game nor have I played a game similar to it. I hear it's a pretty difficult game and I'd like to try it out for myself, since I've only played easy multiplayer games.

    Oh, and I also want to play the most difficult one, simply for bragging rights. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ahmiu123
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice as a new player

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    As the title says, I just need someone to clear a few things up for me. Am I supposed to constantly be using my souls for upgrades and am I supposed to use humanities as I get them? If an area has stupidly hard enemies that seem out of the usual am I going the wrong way or are those just places I need to suck it up and trial and error it?

    Im trying to keep the game as spoiler free for myself as I can and not look much up, but I dont want to hurt my progression or overall enjoyment of the game by doing things the incorrect way. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/npfeif23
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls style name generator

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    Hi Guys, how are doing?

    I've always liked the names of bosses and locations in the Dark Souls series, I think they're very badass...
    Inspired by this, I decided to create a Dark Souls style name generator, I found the result very nice and decided to make it available online!
    If someone is interested, feel free to test.

    https://www.paulokramer.com/hotsites/DarkSoulsNameGenerator

    If it is against the rules to post this type of link here, let me know, and i'll remove or some moderator can remove it too!
    Any problems you encounter can make me aware.
    Thank you in advance for your attention, have a great weekend!

    submitted by /u/PauloAK_
    [link] [comments]

    A list of crazy things you can do in Dark Souls in any new run with killing fewest bosses

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    One of the reasons we all love this game is how interconnected the world is and how many areas are available at the start of the game even though they are not recommended paths. This results in many items that are normally available much later in the game to be available very early on if you know what to do. Here is my list of all crazy things you can do once you know where everything is in the game without killing any major bosses(most need master key duh):

    • Gravelord sword - obtainable as soon as you reach firelink shrine. Path is pretty similar for getting Great Scythe early and for killing pinwheel early. This weapon is very strong and in my opinion a better choice than the Great Scythe if you are not going DEX and also if you are unlucky with the Black Knight Weapons. It upgrades using Demon Titanite.
    • Sens Fortress - Getting to Undead Parish is easy. You can use the Sen's skip used by speedrunners to enter Sens fortress to make a run through it to get(just don't use the bonfire at the top):
      • Covetous Gold Serpent Ring - I use it to farm Balder Swag Sword
      • Lightning spear from the mimic - Use the Llyod's Talsiman you get at Firelink Shrine elevator- Very good early game weapon.
      • The knight at the top sells large titanite shards and also heavy weapons.
      • Free Big Hat Logan for a super early Soul Spear
      • Good place to farm Demon Titanite for Gravelord Sword
    • Covetous Silver Serpent Ring - Killing Pinwheel early is super easy using Paladin Leeroy. This opens up the Tomb of the giants. Once you kill Pinwheel teleport back to firelink shrine and use the souls. Then make a run for the Tomb of the giants and let Patches drop you down to get the lantern if you need the light to navigate the tomb. Make your way back up(die and run back) and proceed in the direction of Nito. There will be a fog gate guarded by a skeleton dog. Run past the dog and fog gate. A skeleton Archer will shoot at you. Run to the archer ignore everything. Roll and land on the platform bellow him. The ring is here but beware that it is surrounded by a bunch of skeleton towers when you pick it up. The soul gain boost is nice when you get it early in the game.
    • There is skip early on in the game which lets you get to lower undead burg very easily. You can use it to free Griggs and get bellowing dragon crest ring. I still recommend freeing Logan for soul spear after this though
    • You can use grenades to easily kill the hydra. ymfah has a video about this. You can do this to free the princess and get crown of dusk for more magic damage.
    • Power within - Use the lightning spear from the Sens Fortress to make your way up blighttown and get this. You can also get the shadow set and laito(if you dont want to kill the merchant for a katana for chaos blade)
    • Chaos/Fire Weapons early - Take help from mildred to kill quelag. Kill Ceaseless Discharge using the cheese and make him fall off. use the gold-hemmed black set to make your way across the lava quickly to get the chaos ember. The large flame ember is also available by running down to the area blocked by golden light. It is in a hallway guarded by many burrowing rockworms. Just run past them and get it. Weapons are upgraded by Vamos who can be easily reached through the catacombs. Green shards are dropped frequently by giant leeches in blighttown. The burrowing rockworms in demon ruins drop red chunks and red slab. Use the gold serpent ring to farm. Takes some time but you can get a Chaos+5 Zweihander like this.
    • +15 weapons - Use the shortcut to lower undead burg to open up the paths to firelink shrine and upper undead burg. If you got the lightning spear as I have mentioned above then a shield + spear is really good vs dogs(u can use spear with a shield held up). The female undead merchant on path to firelink shrine sells poop. Use poop to kill Capra Demon. Get the +10 ember from the depths. Go to new londo ruins and kill the guy with the key to the seal. Open the seal and run and get the +15 ember.
    • Boss weapons - Use the method above to get + 10 ember. Use sens skip to get to top of sens fortress. Let Tarkus handle Iron Golem. Go to Anor Londo. Don't use any bonfire in between. Make your way to the giant blacksmith for upgrades. If you have killed quelag and have laito/uchigatana then you can get chaos blade easily.
    • (Bonus Challenge) Ultra High Damage Glass Cannon Build -
      • Needs max health between 400-800.
      • Let say max health is 700.
      • Get cursed(HP 700 -> 350)
      • Get Dusk crown ring(HP 350 -> 175)
      • Get Red tearstone ring
      • Get Power within
      • Get sanctus(You need to get this before getting cursed)
      • Power within does 1% damage/sec(rounded down). This means in our example we take 1 hp damage/sec. Sanctus heals 2hp every 2 secs which is equivalent to 1hp heal/sec. thus sanctus cancels out power within.
      • If you use sorceries then get crown of dusk
      • If you use weapons then max faith, get a good talisman and darkmoon blade.
      • Destroy everything
      • This build is really good for SL1 characters using weapons.

    There might be more such things that you can do. Share yours. Also I understand that some of these are rather difficult. This is not a make dark souls ez guide. This is for those who have played the game quite a bit and can handle doing stuff like going to fucking Tomb of the giants at level 1.

    submitted by /u/mni_dragoon
    [link] [comments]

    Souls players who only play Offline, why do you do it?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:31 AM PDT

    I have a couple of friends who've played the game longer then I have and even go on to plat most of the series. But they just play in [Offline] mode.

    Is there any other Souls players out there that don't connect online ?

    A random guess would be Just for the story? But idk I feel like dumb spirits are half the fun of most souls titles (wish BB worked tho lol)

    submitted by /u/BJayCroft
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    Just completed Dark Souls for the 1st time! I'd previously completed ds3 before but the timing and pace of this game made me think more tactically about when to attack/roll/heal. I think that the pace made the game more enjoyable, however, I did find it to be less challenging than ds3 (Not to say it wasn't hard at times). Overall, it was a very fun and rewarding game to play. Ds2 next!

    submitted by /u/friendlyjimaz
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not much of an artist, but made a pixel art wallpaper for my best friend from her favorite area!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Let me know what you think, any criticism is welcome!

    https://imgur.com/JriA9ma

    submitted by /u/NottHoward
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Souls 1 for the first time

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    What item should I pick?

    submitted by /u/paja_theboss
    [link] [comments]

    any tips for parrying

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:12 AM PDT

    I'm fairly new to the game and I'm terrible at parrying any tips

    submitted by /u/greencheekconure123
    [link] [comments]

    Would you call someone a Souls veteran/pro if they only play the games offline?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    I myself enjoy playing offline. I don't use coop and I don't like getting invaded. I suck at pvp as well. Talked to a random Souls fella today and he said don't call yourself a souls vet if you only play the series offline.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/welchs_is_yummy
    [link] [comments]

    This game is just something else

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    I'm still with my first playthrough 88hrs in, it might sound like a lot, and it is. At least 60% of the time I'm messing around with enemies and exploring, I just enjoy it that much, I beat Artorias, saved Sif, then fought Sif and four kings (killed myself with lifehunt scythe, beat them second try), I'm thinking on messing around a bit more, beat Manus and Kalameet, then I'll decide if I'll go against final boss or not, also plan to do a speedrun to see how fast I can beat it.

    It's also quite relaxing, I got through my finals playing this game in my free time, couldn't play CS:GO 'cause I would of gotten too stressed

    submitted by /u/-Serj-
    [link] [comments]

    Did the servers just go off for anyone else? (PS4)

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    My WiFi is still working fine but I can't login into servers

    submitted by /u/bigdeleon100
    [link] [comments]

    [Possible spoilers] i have a question, lore-wise, about the sun.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    ..is it not actually there? I finished recently and am captivated by tge lore now and have been reading lore where i can, some sources mention that gwyndolin, the son of gwyn, created the sunshine through an illusion.

    If so, did the world ever have a sun or was its light only ever from the first flame? And if it did have a sun, where did it go?

    This is your opportunity to nerd out and blab about lore that you dont often get to lol.

    submitted by /u/BlooFlea
    [link] [comments]

    So Do You Guys Actually Reenforce Armor?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    I understand not taking the time to if you're playing the game without a pinpoint build in mind, but when you know what your build is going to be any your armor, do you still take the time to upgrade it? I always do as farming for extra materials isn't that difficult and pays off more when it comes to New Game Plus.

    submitted by /u/SneakyHuntingHT
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I not getting summoned?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:29 AM PDT

    Im sl25 in the depths with a +5 divine longsword and sun bro covenant on. I checked the weapon matchmaking and I should be able to play with +4 weapons and up and with Andre selling titanite shards I'd expect people to have +5 by now. I'm on remaster on xbox and I have not yet been invaded as I'm almost never human( some sites suggested I was invaded by a hacker flagged and soft banned that's why im including this)

    submitted by /u/KiloXF
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go after bell gargoyles and moonlight butter?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    I beat the bell gargoyles and while running to get the elite knight set I accidentally entered the moon fly's arena and killed it. Apparently I can go to blighttown and get the second bell, darkroom basin, new londo or lower undead burg and the depths. Where should I go?

    submitted by /u/Private_Donut_
    [link] [comments]

    Invasions?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    Is there a way to stop invasions on your world? Id just gotten to the undead parish and its my first run so Im just struggling around looking for a camp fire. ALl of a sudden it said a nemesis has invaded, and some dude ran up to me, took practically zero damage from my sword, and started emoting. The second I emoted back he instakilled me and I lost a decent bit of progress.

    Is there a way I can stop that from happening? It seems rather annoying and I dont know how common invasions are bit Id rather it didnt happen again.

    Sorry this isnt in the title but Im also worried that Im over leveling. I spent a little while in the undead burg trying to get levels for dex and strength to try new weapons and now Im level 17. Is that too high for where I am or does it not really matter much.

    submitted by /u/npfeif23
    [link] [comments]

    Is Remastered more active on Switch or Xbox one

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    I'm wondering if anybody can tell me which has more active players for PvP.

    submitted by /u/Seanosaurus0
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if you absolve sin after you killed Gwynevere?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    I'd assume Anor Londo stays dark but the Darkmoon Covenanters can't invade you and you can join the darkmoon covenant if you have the Seance ring.

    submitted by /u/Frisolino
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have a time limit to save rhea?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    I just sent the whole group to tomb of giant and got beat down hard. Figure I'll go do some other stuff and maybe come back with a light source, is this part "timed" the same way it is after you save her? Or can I take my time and kill a couple bosses.

    submitted by /u/KiloXF
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment