• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 27, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I love watching people play souls for the first time.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    My roommate just started his first DSR run and i wanted him to see what the other games were like for the early stages. Here's how SOTFS went.

    Me: You see those barrels?

    Him: Huh? (Jumps immediately into explosive barrels)

    EDIT: See for yourself. The barrels where you rescue Rosabeth. Just roll into them as soon as you enter the room. I promise I'm not lying about a video game. And for the one guy who asked, I'm on the PS4.

    submitted by /u/lolz_robot
    [link] [comments]

    I hope that you guys enjoy this! I Made The BLACK KNIGHT GREATSWORD From Dark Souls II

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/JGOR9_M3EVg

    I have been a big SoulsBorn fan ever since the first time I picked up Demon's Souls (Well maybe the 5th time that I picked it up, before I finally played it all the way through instead of raging). This project has taken over a year to complete and now I finally get to show off my crowning achievement to people that care about these games as much as I do.

    submitted by /u/Blaze_OGlory
    [link] [comments]

    This game is finally starting to click for me!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Obligatory introduction: I've played all the staple FromSoft titles, and I've beaten them all except for Demon's Souls. (I'm about halfway through but this isn't about that!)

    My relationship with DS2 is a strange one. I was apprehensive about playing it way back because of the reputation it had. I always wanted to play it, but I wanted to play DS3 and Bloodborne first. Thing is, I didn't exactly have the means to jump to the next generation of consoles at the time and I reached a point where the first Dark Souls was getting a bit stagnant because I replayed it so many times. I desperately wanted more Souls, but fresh content I haven't experienced before.

    I bit the bullet and ordered a copy of DS2 and I dived right in.
    I loved it. Sure, I felt there were ways it lacked compared to the original, but it was still a great game and one I thoroughly enjoy playing and beating. Out of the four DLCs, I've only beaten one and a half. This was years ago.

    Fast forward to today.
    I've played the hell out of every Soulsborne title except Demon's and DS2 - though at least I can say I've completed the latter. Thing is, I tend to replay these games. I probably have 50 playthroughs between DS1, DS3, and Bloodborne. I only have the one for DS2, and I figured it was time to revisit it.

    So I bought Scholar of the First Sin and dove right in.
    I didn't like it one bit. I was having the hardest time adjusting to the clunkiness (at least it felt so at the time) and worse yet was the Adaptability stat. I could not get the hang of dodging whatsoever. I was also running a Strength build because that was my most recent build type on DS3 and I thought it'd be fun to play that way. I was wrong.

    I've restarted the game a dozen times trying to get a feel for it again, or fired up a character with the most progress and tried to soldier on through. Nothing. Just... was not fun.

    But I knew I was missing out! I had to be!
    I know people defend this game. I know even people who dislike it have some fond memories of playing it. I know that I have fond memories of playing it.

    Well, last night I got the itch again. I started yet another brand new character. This time, I went with a dex build. I'm an OG dex player, after all. My original DS2 experience revolved around the scimitar. Yeah, it's a basic weapon, but it got the job done and felt natural to me!

    Early on, I thought... 'Scimitar is fun. Seems to be the weapon for me, but I wish it had a thrust' - then I remembered. Duel wielding is actually pretty decent in this game! So I threw a shortsword in my offhand and found the heavy attack is, indeed, a thrust. Awesome!

    I went and grabbed the Fire Longsword, and it... wasn't the same. It was just a wide slash for the heavy. Nope. Back to the shortsword. I was getting a nice rhythm going and this game was starting to feel comfortable.

    Then I realized - well, the shortsword is fine, but it's not going to scale with dex when I start leveling up. You know what I should grab? A rapier. So I did! And in doing so, I found that the thrusts come out faster, combo nicely, and I have access to a parry - which I have yet to use, to be honest, but at least the option is there!

    So now I'm running along enemies. Slash slash poke dodge poke poke dodge slash slash poke. There's a certain pacing and fluidity I'm getting out of this game that I haven't felt before, and oddly my dodges have improved, too! Even compared to my previous character who had like 25 ADPT, I'm dodging just fine - perfectly, even - with my 15 ADPT. I'll pump more into it a bit later, but right now I'm trying to get my other stats up to snuff again.

    So, I'm sitting here with the Ruin Sentinels on one side, and Dragonrider on the other. I banged my head against the Sentinels last night but I came really close and I'm completely confident I can handle it. I haven't fought Dragonrider yet this playthrough, but I remember his moveset being pretty predictable, so I'm not worried about that either.

    I plan on beating them both today and seeing how far I can get. As for the long haul, I plan on finishing this game so I can access the DLC I never experienced. I'm honestly really excited for the adventure I'm finally able to embark on. I'm finally enjoying DS2 and it makes me so happy to be able to say that.

    Just wanted to share my thoughts and experience. Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/ViridiusRDM
    [link] [comments]

    Majula

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    Day 5 of my first playthrough of this game: Belfry Luna, Grave of Saints, and the Gutter.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    What I did today: defeated Bell Gargoyles, jumped down to the Grave of Saints, banished Rhoy the Explorer, killed the Royal Rat Vanguard, pledged allegiance to the Rat King, went down into the Gutter, and stumbled around somehow making it to the first fog gate (the one you can see when you first arrive). Here's my opinion on all of the above:

    1. The Bell Gargoyles you know and love, from DS1. But there's 4 or 5 of them. That's literally it. No other changes. They've got a very similar moveset, and the exact same soundtrack. Seriously, is this the developers' approach to difficulty? "Just add more of them, that'll make the fight hard". Terrible boss.

    2. Grave of Saints continues the trend of mediocre areas with generic bosses at the end. Although, I have to admit, there are two places where I can (but didn't, at the time) insert Pharros' Lockstones. Maybe the place they unlock make this area somewhat worthwhile. But I'm not very optimistic about that.

    3. The Royal Rat Vanguard. What do I even say? It's a throwaway boss - in fact, why am I even calling this a boss? It's literally just some rats thrown together. Even worse than Bell Gargoyles.

    4. And finally, the Gutter. After the horrors of Blighttown, I never thought I'd like this place. And I don't, really. But, much to my surprise, I find it bearable, at least, probably because of past experience with this kind of punishment. I like that I can light torches around the level so that I know where I've been. This is a nice use of the torch mechanic, although I'd have liked it even more if I had an always-equippable torch, instead of them being a consumable. I think I can sort of see why some people might have been a bit disappointed with DS3 for not improving upon the mechanics introduced in this game, but considering what that game does do well compared to this game, I can't complain.

    That's all for now. Next update tomorrow. Have a good day!

    submitted by /u/Riceifyouwould
    [link] [comments]

    Does SOTFS third ending exist?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    So i heard that DS2 SOTFS has unlike the original DS2 3 endings but couldnt find anything about the third ending so i am asking about it here just to be sure.

    submitted by /u/PEtroollo
    [link] [comments]

    Has to start completely over. Would love help

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    Please help if you can. Having to start completely over is gonna suck.

    submitted by /u/Nexusquasar19
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me in iron keep

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    Can someone give me a quick hand in iron keep to take out one of the bosses, thanks

    submitted by /u/gullygod96
    [link] [comments]

    Forlorn and his Scythe...

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:41 AM PDT

    Ugh I encountered him many times and even though he's tough af I can Always manage to win. But urgh when he invades me with his Scythe I'm always starting to pray. I got invaded by him with his Scythe in Shrine of Amana once... Is it even possible to survive his Stunnlock spin move without leveling to max Level right In the first playthrough? No matter what level I was when I fought him when I leveled just from the souls I got by playing normal, he always oneshots me with that move...

    submitted by /u/Krawaiil
    [link] [comments]

    To the guy (with the greatsword and nice hat) who helped me (tseldora set with rapier) with twin pursuers tonight. I really messed up and I am sorry!!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    I hope you see this. Please know you are a lifesaver as I was on those assholes for 2 hours before you showed up. I am a noob when it comes to Co-op and Pvp, having platinumed other fromsoft games offline without getting into pvp. So I am quite uneducated regarding online etiquette (and even mechanics) for this game.

    You put your sign next to the first drangileic bonfire and eased my suffering. After beating them we waved and bowed at each other for a bit so I used the separation crystal as I thought it was over. When I got to twin dragonriders, I realised the run was short and you probably wanted to get some reward for killing the boss.

    To my horror I researched on google after and yep, I had fucked you out of your sunlight medal. The player whose name begins with Dtyw.... Next time I see your sign and your fancy (muskeeter/commodore?) hat, I will summon you even if its for covetous demon as an apology.

    If you see this, get in touch and I will help you get those medals man.

    @ experienced co-op players. Was that bonfire the only spot he could have put down his sign or did he mean to help noobs like me with the twin pursuer? I did summon him twice as I ended up dying the first time when one of the pursuers randomly switched aggro. And when I summoned him again he followed me straight to the room again.

    Edit: Another note. Next time I summon someone for a mini boss or to get past an area, if I am not continuing onto a boss can I leave stuff there as a reward instead? Say some petrified/titanite slabs?

    submitted by /u/Imessedupbro1234
    [link] [comments]

    (PS3) new to the game. Any advise?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    I'm fairly new to ds2, I've beaten ds1 and 3. But never gave this one a try, any tips or advise. Also the rolling and dodging seems very wacky, pls help

    submitted by /u/Kiginsworth
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips on beating the executioner chariot?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    I don't know what to do/ I'm not that strong

    Like how do I stop him from running me over ( I tried but the damn skeletons keep killing me)

    And for anyone asking no this isn't my first soulsborne game

    submitted by /u/the-bigg-buff-cat
    [link] [comments]

    "Quality mage" build tips?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    I did most of my current run run as a hexer. Just reached sl 150 and have 40/40 int/faith. I have 20 str for sacred chime/cbs. With cales helm+dex ring I can get 20 dex, mainly do that for bow of want. My set ups are either roaring halberd paired with bow of want and sanctum shield, or cbs/sacred chime with sunset staff. Is there any gear or spells in particular I should try out with all those points invested in to int/faith? Thinking of grabbing the mlg also.

    submitted by /u/Sunbrojesus
    [link] [comments]

    New to DS2

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    Finally gotten round to playing the only souls game I haven't touched. Just wanted to know the location of some reliable strength bonks I can use for my strength build / any useful tips

    submitted by /u/genericedgyusername
    [link] [comments]

    I just had a benevolent invader bless me.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    Honestly this just made my day. I just started a new playthrough and explored Heide's tower of flame whrn I got invaded by a red spirit. Annoyed I thought "here we go again" and went up to meet him. Despite my annoyance I decided to remain civil and greeted him with a bow which he returned and I prepared to fight him, waiting for him to make the first move.

    That's when the player asked me if I needed anything.

    I explained him that I was trying a new build and I needed some pretty late game gear for that, which he proceeded to drop. All maxed out equipment. Weapons, armor, rings at +2 and even a stack of souls!

    I thanked him profusely and he just black stoned out without even fighting me!

    Thank you, kind stranger. May your path be filled with jolly cooperation.

    Any of you got any interesting encounters with benevolent strangers?

    submitted by /u/theJandJ
    [link] [comments]

    Just my opinion

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    After having the game for 5 hours I can proudly say ds2>ds3

    submitted by /u/boof321
    [link] [comments]

    Hexing feels underpowered - am I missing something? (PVE only build)

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    I 100% the game on ps4 running a pure sorcery build and I kept hearing how OP hexers were. So here I am 100% the game on Xbox with hexes and it feels really underwhelming, even in end game.

    Stats:

    Soul level: 155

    Vigor: 18

    End: 12

    Vit: 8

    Attunement: 40 (usually 30)

    Strength: 12

    Dex: 8

    ADP: 10 (usually 15)

    Int: 50

    Faith: 50

    Stats are bit odd because I've been respeccing trying various builds I see online. For most the game I ran 40int, 35 faith with most of those points placed into vig, end, ADP.

    Items: basic bitch hex build, hexer hood, lion mage otherwise, sunset staff dark +5, uhh withtree vine for chime technically but I don't really use. All the op mage rings like clear bluestone, additional attunement slot one, abyss seal. I DO Have crypt blacks word dark +5, but with 40 str required and the weight of it I'm not sure the use of it.

    This has been a rough run compared to the sorcery run. Hexes have little range and even the OP spells that cost souls don't seem to do much (thr few times I tried them). I've been spamming dark orb and dark hail mostly.

    Sooo am I missing something? Did I misunderstand all the hubbub I heard about Hexing? I'm even stuck on the damn blue smelter demon that I've heard is weak af to dark. But even he's a bitch lol. Right now I'm running through various dlcs but if I might respec and swap to pure sorcery for ng+.

    Thanks for any advice

    submitted by /u/Urtehnoes
    [link] [comments]

    Souls difference

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    I think you have a maximum of souls difference between a player to play with him. Do tou know how much exactly? I literally helped my boyfriend with a difference of 5,000,000+ souls and 125 lvls above him, but we were using the engraved ring.

    submitted by /u/carrot___
    [link] [comments]

    Pls Help

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    I'm a relatively new member of the dark souls community. I got DSR during a Christmas steam sale, and I loved it. I've beaten it 3 times since I got it. 2 and 3 recently went on sale again recently, so I purchased them, and started DS2 the other day. And I am not having a good time.

    So far I've liked what I've seen. I know a lot of people aren't fans of some of the changes made, but I've enjoyed the new mechanics. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to experience them much. I've played for about 7 hours and the only boss I've beaten is Last Giant. Tried Pursuer and got whopped repeatedly. Tried to go to Hiede's tower but can't make it past the big knights.

    My main issue is it feels like there is a delay on my rolls. I play on PC, and use a USB XBOX 1 controller. I've tested the controller in other games (including DSR) and never had any issues. But in 2, there is a slight, maybe 1/4 second delay between when I press B and when my character rolls. And in a game like Dark Souls where timing is everything, this has caused me major pain.

    Is this something others have had to get past, or is my controller the issue. I really want to continue playing this game, but logging on every night and bashing my head against non-boss enemies is getting old fast.

    submitted by /u/goldenarch878
    [link] [comments]

    I really hate Iron Keep

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    I've platinumed Ds3, Sekiro, and Bb, and this area is easily the worst area out of any of the games. Awful level design, inconsistent armor break with enemies and crazy goddamn homing tracking, that path right before Smelter Demon, the fact that platforming is required to get all the collectibles where the jump mechanic is so bad. This is including Farron Keep, Forbidden Woods, or whatever other areas you can think of from those games.

    This area is so bad. 0/10 game design. I started ds2 a few days ago and am realizing why this game is the black sheep of the franchise.

    submitted by /u/inthebushes321
    [link] [comments]

    Steam version freezes

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Does anyone have problems on windows 10 trying to play this game? It freezes on the main menu when it says press start button every time. It just Greys out, and doesn't do anything. I've tried a lot of things, verifying steam files, re-installing, restarting computer, deleting config file, changing config file, unplugging second monitor, different controller, no controller(just keyboard and mouse), changing Radeon settings, updating graphics drivers, disabling internet. Nothing helps. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/mcsw712
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    Anyone know how many times you have to kill and enemy for them to despawn.

    submitted by /u/lolo_lulu123
    [link] [comments]

    Build question

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    I has never try to play as magic caster before and I don't really understand the mechanics of it but I did the best build I can with what I can find online. Currently run Magic Wisdom Staff, Lion mage set and hexxer hood. 20 End, 20 str, 12 dex, 40 att, 65 int, 20 faith. I can't remember thw other stats because I am at work. Basically I can destroy all the bosses in the main game. But the DLC was a different story. The only 2 bosses I managed to beat so far was fume knight and Sir Alonne, and I beat them by 2 handed my bastard sword. So no magic.

    My question was is there anything I can do for it to be viable for boss in the DLC? It feel like they make it for str and dex build more than caster?

    submitted by /u/dustinpuffer
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with a weird bug!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    hey guys. I recently started experiencing a weird bug in ds sofs. Lock-on just went insane and switches between enemies in sight. Anyone knows possible solution to this issue? I played with mouse and keyboard for years and haven't experienced this sort of thing before.

    submitted by /u/DawnRanger101
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment