• Breaking News

    Friday, June 19, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The ultímate defeat

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:11 PM PDT

    Just picked up dark souls remastered, have been enjoying all over again. So after playing a bit, I took the shortcut down to blightown, beat quelaag and decided to take the long way back up to the depths to get all the treasure (mainly power within). Fyi I have beaten gaping dragon already. So, I struggle my way all the way up, almost falling to my death on multiple occasions but I made it. Climbed the final ladder to freedom, only to be greeted by "Does not open from this side" at the door to the depths. Thanks fromsoft. Very cool

    submitted by /u/zincsaucya
    [link] [comments]

    When my time comes, the majority of my life will have been spent with my Summon Sign down in the Undead Burg and Anor Londo.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    And I'm okay with that. Worth it.

    submitted by /u/folkdeath95
    [link] [comments]

    The stupidest thing, beginner-me did

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    First time NG+, I just got introduced to DS by a friend and we played through the game swapping the controller after every death. When we (or rather he) beat Gwyn he left his XBox at my place telling me I could play a little on my own, if I wanted to. So I started the NG+ and thought:

    "hey, let's beat Nito right away!" went down the catacomps, rested at the last bonfire before Nito (which is still quite far away...) just to realize "Yellow fog...? OH No! That's where it is!... Fck!" Took me a HUGE amount of tries to get out of the Tomb of the giants AND the catacomps... There is no convenient bonfire and i didn't know about the second one in the catacomps behind the illusionary wall. So i had to make it all the way up to the first bonfire in the catacomps. And keep in mind: beginner-me had to go all the fcking hard way down, dying several times, before I even made it down there, just to be semi-trapped, because no teleportation :'-(

    Luckily i gitted gud, have several hundred hours of playtime and I don't die that often anymore... Usually, if at all, it's because of some stupid weak ass enemies, because DOG or falling down, because I went one pixel to far and the floor suddenly got slippery - I'm looking at you crystal cave >:(

    submitted by /u/7TageHatDieWoche
    [link] [comments]

    To this day I still hate killing Sif

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    They literally force you to kill Clifford so you can get to the four kings. One of the maybe 3 things I legitimately dislike about the series. And the animations when he's down to his last health bar, I get they did the same thing with the demon king in ds3 but fuck man...I don't like demons and I fuckin love dogs. I hope I'm not the only one with a soft spot for the big guy.

    submitted by /u/69420pinkguy69420
    [link] [comments]

    The hardest boss in Ds1 is without a doubt..

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    the character creation engine. It's almost impossible to escape it with something even vaguely resembling humanity. Gives me conniptions.

    submitted by /u/LizzieCooksStuff
    [link] [comments]

    Be Wary of Hope

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    [Spoiler:]

    I did it.

    I'm a huge souls fan. I have beaten every Soulsborne game including Demon's souls and I even 100% DS3 but the original DS always alluded me. I got the remastered and after 3 days of slugging through and overcoming adversity in quarantine I finally beat Dark Souls! Truly this game is a masterpiece. The Feeling of beating the Four Kings after 10 attempts was pure euphoria! Seeing Gwynevere in all her glory after O and S was comforting. I fought Manus along side Sif and Sif was the one who finished him off. I used Fightingcowboy's guide and was able to save our boi Solaire and he and I went all the way to Gwyn and beat him on the very first time! (Without parrying to). I really wanted to share this achievement because I love this game so much that I just gotta share it. Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/Sunlight_Austinius
    [link] [comments]

    I WON AGAINST 4 KINGS ON FIRST TRY

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    I thought they were hard to deal with? Or am i just reaally lucky?

    So here's the story:

    On my way to get the Key to the Seal, I killed the swarm of Ghosts with Great Chaos Fireballs before Ingward. I drained the water and then started searching for items. On my way, I killed the Blue Drakes? with my Great Combustion until it's all used up. Killed the Darkwraiths with Fire Orbs and Black Flame. And looted here and there. I killed both of Mass of Souls with Great Fireballs and some Combustion. Now, i decided to go to the boss to try my damage and just die and respawn to Firelink Shrine ( I'm out of homeward bones). I got in with Ascended Pyromancy Flame+5, Great Scythe+14 with 44 dex, Crest Shield+1, Crown of Dusk, Covenant of Artorias, Ring of Favor and Protection, and 8 Combustions remaining left. I ran to the first King and stick under him to cast Combustion and see the damage and it did like 261-ish i think? And thought "Wow that's all of it?" And cast it till empty and leaving him 20% percent of health. And did Strong Attacks till a new King spawns. It did like 350-ish per hit. Second King still the same under him and attacking like crazyyy then he did the AoE thing and gutted my health to 30% lol. The third King fucked me up, he did the Grab attack which i almost died lol. But then i got backed up and chug estus flasks. And the 4th King same strategy didn't do anything special. After i defeated the boss, my hands are numb and a bit shocked on wtf did just happen? I may be overacting but WTF? He's the last Lord Soul i went for before Gwyn. Best suicide attempt ever.

    submitted by /u/JohnDenvher
    [link] [comments]

    RIP dragons

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    Am I the only one who absolutely hurts for the dragons?? They were just vibin' and then the age of fire comes along and we wiped them out.

    I love how ambiguous the game is because I can still remember the first time I saw the opening cinematic and going "huh, well they must've deserved it" when Nito hit em with the miasma of death and disease. Now I get almost misty eyed seeing them picked off and while I'll always kill the undead dragons, it still feels wrong to me.

    submitted by /u/cowhousetheweird
    [link] [comments]

    I've found Dark Souls Remastered Easy Mode.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    I know that calling dark souls easy by any means is a stretch, but I've found the closest thing to easy street that can exist in Lordran. Here's how.

    1. take the fun early game trip down to the catacombs.
    2. Kill Pinwheel while your down there. It will come in handy later.
    3. Join the Gravelord's covenant by crawling into the coffin. Joining the covenant gives you the gravelord greatsword. Its high damage, but its stat requirements are a bit high, so be sure to get 24 strength and 13 dexterity. While in the Catacombs, if you feel up to it, kill the Titanite demon down theirs. Or come back later.
    4. Make the impossible journey back to firelink, not resting at the vamos bonfire helps
    5. Kill the Demon near Andre, and the two in the most of Sens Fortress. This should at least get your Gravelords Greatsword up to +2, +3 if you have killed the Demon in the Catacombs.
    6. Progress on your merry way to Anor Londo. Near the first Bonfire, there is another piece of Demon Titanite. Inside Anor Londo, there is another chest with two pieces of Titanite. At this point, you should have 3. This is enough to upgrade your Greatsword to +4
    7. Obtain the Havels set and kill the remaining Titanite Demon. This one drops two.
    8. Fuck up Ornstein and Smough's shit

    Ta-da! With the infinite poise and the rite of kindling, no one can interrupt you when you heal. no one can interrupt your attacks. This makes you the tankiest piece of shit in Lordran. All this goes to show that From Software made an easy mode in their game. They made one of the best examples of player modulated difficulty in a while. Kudos to From, and Kudos to the makeshift Dark Souls Easy Mode.

    submitted by /u/BIGBOIIONGIB
    [link] [comments]

    I have mastered the rhythm for the Chaos Bed

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    It goes: Swap ring Run run run run run run run run run run run Swap ring Heal Slide Fall or burn Do again

    I have got gud, yes? First playthrough btw

    submitted by /u/TheIneffablePlank
    [link] [comments]

    Which bow is the best?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    I was thinking about making a bow build, and I'm not sure which bow to pick, which one is best in your experience?

    submitted by /u/Frankaos333
    [link] [comments]

    Cool idea for a challenge

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    Okay here are the rules: 1. Sl1 2. Fists only 3. No estus 4. No armor or shields 5. Must be cursed as soon as possible 6. No items of any kind 7. Thief class is banned alongside choosing master key as a gift 8. No rings 9. All bosses must be defeated including dlc 10. No summoning 11. No glitches allowed 12. While not bosses any enemy that doesn't respawn must be killed including the red dragon in undead burg and all npc's 13. No parrying or backstabbing 14. No warping unless it is impossible to leave and area 15. Have fun :)

    submitted by /u/link2sword2
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire and I killed each other, can't find his drops

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    Solaire and I killed each other the other side of the Chaos Covenant door. Literally both landed a 2h blow on each other at the same time.

    Just got back there and I can't find his drops.

    As I've fucked up his quest by not saving him the least I could do is don his gear and continue his quest.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/such_the_fool
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished the game for the first time and wanted to give my two cents on the boss difficulty.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    I had 10 vit the whole time so the DLC bosses were really frustrating. I finished the game with 25 end, 11 str, 40 dex, 50 int, 8 fth. I used Painting Guardian Sword +15 for the later bosses.

    From easiest to hardest:

    Ceaseless Discharge - He was not ceaseless and he did not discharge. I beat this on my first try.

    Pinwheel - These are actually harder on the way to Nito. I beat this on my first try.

    Asylum Demon - I firebombed him and got the hammer. I did it on my first try.

    Gaping Dragon - He only has one attack that can hit you when you stay behind him (tail attack) and it's easy to dodge. He can't really turn either. I beat this on my first try.

    Bell Gargoyles - I got behind the first one and quickly beat it. The second one just breathes fire. I beat this on my first try.

    Iron Golem - Got him to fall on my second try. Also very slow so easy.

    Taurus Demon - It was easy once I realized I can just roll back instead of past him. He is slow enough that you can close distance quickly after rolling back.

    Gwyndolin - Run when shoot arrow, roll when shoot ball, hide when shoot volley. More fun than the butterfly.

    Butterfly - Roll and block and back away from the AOE.

    Centipede Demon - His jump move is a little hard to time. I kept dying when I tried to reach the left area across the lava since I never leveled vit.

    Capra Demon - Gotta exploit his falling animation.

    Quelaag - Easier to avoid attacks if you stay behind but then you can't see the human part, which gives the telegraphing for the explosion that killed me instantly. Therefore stay in front and dodge the swings.

    Priscilla - I didn't know she becomes visible again when you stagger her, but it was easy once I found out. Also tail is very fluffy.

    Stray Demon - I had only +5 on my weapon when I did this so it was a slog. He just tries to sit on you and does the explosion if you stay behind him. It was really repetitive.

    Demon Firesage - I kept dying to the dash attack he always does at the beginning. Otherwise he was just Asylum Demon.

    Gwyn - I kept trying to parry the jump attack but I wasn't cool enough :( The telegraphed attack is similar to a sword black knight swing, so that's easy to parry. Also I didn't know the game ends when you beat him and I missed out on some loot and dialogue so. Homeward bone didn't work so I unintentionally got the dark ending though I never met Kaathe.

    Bed of Chaos - This would have been nearly impossible if breaking the side points didn't save after you die. The trick seems to be to run into the tunnel before she sweeps you into her hole.

    Kalameet - It was very hard until I realized I can just use sorceries. I had 45 int at this point. However, I
    ran out and had to tickle him to death with a bow. I didn't cut the tail though.

    Nito - It was very hard until I found out that you shouldn't move further into the arena and aggro the large skeletons. He has a cool cape so you can't hit him from behind. Also big AOE is big.

    Sanctuary Guardian - There are very few openings in this fight. You have to wait for him to do the tail swing and move toward his side, then attack. Luckily, he didn't have a lot of health.

    Four Kings - It was very hard until I switched to full Havel using Crystal magic Weapon + Power Within. Also I hate New Londo Ruins.

    Hentai Dragon - Cutting the tail is the hard part since you have to get around his side tentacles. He one-shot me a lot. It was surprisingly easy to hit him in the center since some of his breath attacks don't hit you there. Also the run to this fight is very tedious.

    Sif - The first truly difficult boss I fought. I gave up with and didn't beat him until I got Quelaag's Furysword +4. It's hard tme I-frame his swings because the arc is so wide yet he's very fast.

    Artorias - It was very hard until I realized I can break his charge-ups. I found it best to stay at mid-distance since the gap closing attacks don't have follow ups. Also the hopping move that can be done up to three times is very bullshit.

    Ornstein - This guy is 90% of the fight. I tried to stagger him after he dashes and Smough was just walking towards me instead of charging. It finally worked after about 50 attempts. I did not expect Ornstein to be able to change directions when there is an obstacle in the way of his dash. Very RNG-dependent. Big Smough is just Stray Demon Part 2.

    Manus - I wasn't counting but it felt like this took me 100 attempts. He has a lot of health and difficult moves. You have to dodge forward when he does his high jump. You have to learn to take a breath before dodging when he raises his hand. His normal combos can have a delay after 2 strikes. I don't know how to dodge the 5-hit death combo save for being far enough away when he starts it. He becomes easier when you realize you have to roll sideways for his fast spell attack instead of blocking with the pendant, and that you can roll after he casts any of his spells and still have enough time to use pendant. His hitbox is bullshit. Or maybe I couldn't hit him unless hugging his legs or big arm because Painting Guardian Sword is really short. Ironically, it actually took me only 14 hits since I was using Crystal Magic Weapon + Power Within. Also Sif is useless here.

    I feel like the star of this game is the level design, while the star of DS3 is the boss fights. However, the bosses in this game are pretty good also.

    submitted by /u/Starchy_the_Potato
    [link] [comments]

    Do Fire Keeper Souls respawn in NG+?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    I got my Flask to +6 in my last playthrough, using all FK souls except the Firelink keeper's soul. Would I have to kill her to get the last Firekeeper Soul or can I get the one from Undead Parish a second time?

    submitted by /u/WaluigisJuicyQueefs
    [link] [comments]

    New player, just got remastered and I don’t know the weapons.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    While I played 2, 3, and bloodborne, this is my first time playing Dark Souls. I wanted to know of any good strength weapons, as well as where I should go. I'm at the gargoyles but I also found Andre and that accursed titanite demon.

    submitted by /u/thetoaster117
    [link] [comments]

    Missing soul of sif

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    I'm on my way to getting the Knight's honor trophy, which I would've gotten on next new game cycle, yet I'm missing a Soul of Sif.

    I went through first game cycle collecting all boss souls and tallying them up, go to next cycle and offer up Gwyn's soul for the Prayer of a Maiden trophy since his soul is only needed for one weapon. Grabbed the Lordvessel, then headed to the forest for the Abysswalker ring so i can side with Kaathe. He told me my mission to turn off the lights or something, i was busy backflipping around. Grabbed all other boss souls for both of their weapons if they have 2. Next, I head to Andre and level up the weapons i want to ascend. I head to the giant blacksmith and check through my inventory until i see "soul of Sif: 1"

    I guess I'm wondering why it might not given me the soul

    submitted by /u/EbilAleccat
    [link] [comments]

    I'm at anor londo at level four. Am I under leveled?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    A bit of a what-if on Executioner Smough

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 02:30 AM PDT

    If Smough was actually given knighthood and became one of the Knights of Gwyn, what would his ring be and what effect would it have? I'm looking forward to creative ideas in the comments!

    submitted by /u/SlavMemez02
    [link] [comments]

    After 3 years...

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    I finally did it. I beat Dark Souls. After quitting twice and then picking it up a third time, I parried the ever-loving ash out of Gwyn and became The Dark Lord. I really was expecting more out of that final fight but whatever. I feel accomplished and ready as ever to take on NG+!

    submitted by /u/SeathTheSuccless
    [link] [comments]

    How Far Am I In The Game?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    I just beat Ceaseless Discharge and I was wondering how far I really am into the game. I've wanted to beat this game for so long and I'm finally giving it my all. I have defeated Sif, Gaping Dragon, and Ceaseless Discharge. I know those are out if order. I beat them in the right order, but I was just wondering how far you guys would say I am

    submitted by /u/PreflightHawk
    [link] [comments]

    BEAT MANUS ON MY FIRST TRY

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    i did it and idk how

    submitted by /u/MemeMasterYeet
    [link] [comments]

    Washing pole

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    Is the washing pole a mid or end game item? In terms of acquiring

    submitted by /u/joelswrld
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment