• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 18, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 Finally beat Darklurker!

    Dark Souls 2 Finally beat Darklurker!


    Finally beat Darklurker!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    After three weeks of pain and torment, I've finally beaten her. Now I can regain my sanity and my life and go about getting the Platinum.

    submitted by /u/NC0828
    [link] [comments]

    I Got The Friggin Platinum Trophy For SotFS

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:40 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I haave done it. I sat down and said I am going to play DS2 for the first time and get the platinum in one shot. Well after creating about 5 characters until I found a build I liked I have finally done it. Over 100 hours, over 200 levels, over 5 million souls farmed from the rotten and I finally I have it. Looking back I can say I love DS1R more but that may be just cause it was my first souls game but it may also be because I just love that particular world better. Regardless DS2 is a good game, I wouldnt have finished it 2 & 1/2 times if it wasnt, and I enjoyed my time with it. But now its time to move onto the next big thing. Which in this case will be the Last of Us Part 2 in two days and replaying the MGS series afterwards. I think I need to decompress before I move onto DS3. Thanks for all the help guys.

    https://imgur.com/j9sXpHM

    submitted by /u/RatedRPG-YT
    [link] [comments]

    first time player currently going through Brightstone cove

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    I swear I have a heart attack every fucking time I look up and see one of those spiders on the wall next to me. send help.

    submitted by /u/homowithoutsapiens
    [link] [comments]

    dark souls 1 doesn't have to be bad for dark souls 2 to be good.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    let me preface this by stating that dark souls 2 is my favourite of the souls series.

    there's a tendency - on this sub and the dark souls community as a whole - to denigrate ds1 when defending ds2, making the argument that "yeah, dark souls 2 has this problem, but dark souls 1 has it worse!" when it's completely unnecessary. both games stand entirely on their own merits, ds1's sprawling world design and interconnectivity, tight gameplay and controls, memorable npc questlines, and ds2's weapon and build variety, refined pvp, and non linearity just to name a few. neither game needs to be bad for the other to be good, and failing to see that only harms and degrades the conversation around these games into pointless circlejerking over your favourite.

    submitted by /u/rightmaggotsss
    [link] [comments]

    Pyromancy Weapons?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    What are some mid to late game pyromancy weapons? I'm starting with the fire longsword, but I want to upgrade to something cooler.

    submitted by /u/big_phat_wayne
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Knight

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    bruh this dude gave me more trouble than Ludwig and Artorias combined, the relief after beating him was like a stone falling off my back, damn

    submitted by /u/Ghoul_Leather
    [link] [comments]

    Arg

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    So I actually decided to start recording footage for a "Cheesing Dark Souls 2" guide. Guess who forgot to make sure he was recording when taking out Last Sinner.

    Sigh. I was pretty pleased with this effort too. And my play style means that I can't just get there quickly. That's the whole point. Feeling rather discouraged -- even if I know I'll get like 5 views tops.

    submitted by /u/rnj1a
    [link] [comments]

    How to rolling attack into any direction

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    Hi, I've seen quite a few people here complaining that you can only rolling attack in the direction in which you rolled into in Dark Souls 2 but that's actually not true. Here's how you do it:

    In the middle of the roll, start holding the direction you wanna attack into, then wait a little second after rolling but not long enough that you fully reset to standing position, then press R1. You can roll into rolling attack directly backwards if you do this. If you're using one of those big giant popsicle swords that do the spinny rolling attack, you'll do more of a U turn than a perfect 360 but it's so big that you should be able to catch someone behind you anyway. This is especially good for bosses that don't give you much of an attack window like Aava or Fume Knight. Also, it you're using any weapon that has a thrust rolling attack instead of the spinny, it's easier to hold back in the middle of the rolling animation, wait until you can see your character's feet start to do the pivot animation (the one that happens anytime you force your character to turn directly backwards and they have to kinda powerslide back) and that's when you press R1 to attack behind you and it will still come out as a rolling attack instead of a normal one. You'll usually only have to rolling attack to the side, which has a bigger time window than directly backwards but even knowing that you can attack sideways is a lot better than thinking you can only rolling attack forward. Anyways, that has been my PSA and I hope it helps someone.

    submitted by /u/KiritosSideHoe
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on Sir Alone

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    I've been stuck on this guy. What makes it hard is all the stuff you have to go through before getting to the boss fight. Those alone knights do a number on me.

    Anyone have any advice on what elements to use? I can reset my skill points but I'm currently ATN32/STR40/DEX22/INT66/FTH41

    Been using the magic moonlight sword at the moment but it feels too slow and whenever I try get hits off I always take damage.

    So ideally I'm after something faster than a greatsword that does adequate damage in this area.

    Or if someones feeling kind enough to whack their sign down that would be appreciated too.

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/Fletout
    [link] [comments]

    Dealing with invaders.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    So today I was doing no man's wharf,feeling so good about myself not dying once to the level,handling it's different threats aaaaand "invaded by x",lost about 18k souls and maybe more than 30 minutes of progress. I already was bored as I had done Heidi same sitting,so I just kept dying in no man's wharf for the next 10 minutes,got invaded by the same guy,died,rage quitted. For comparison,The only time I ever rage quitted ds3 was sister friede. This is not a "rage against invaders" post ,I myself used to invade in ds3 and I understand. But at least in ds3 I had a fighting chance,here for some reason I'm doing good on the combat against pve but not pvp. What are good tips for battling people ?I'm not talking about calling the blues or popping a seed. I want to beat them in a battle,but so far it's been:take a hit or two,run away to try to heal,get finished off while healing usually via backstabbing. So is running away not an option in ds2?when do I heal? Oh and people hit me from a mile away I still haven't gotten used to that ,hit boxes are mega weird in ds2,how do you deal with it ?

    submitted by /u/MomSpaghetti95
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] Emerald Herald and Nashandra used you to their advantage

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    Towards the end of the game you realize that Nashandra was using you to get to the throne, even when she appeared to be supportive of your cause. Similarly, as you make progress through the game, you keep finding the Emerald Herald in different locations encouraging you to keep moving forward, then at one point, I believe at Dragon Aerie, she tells you that she wants you to set her free from her fire keeping duties, which is where you realize that she was using you too all along to accomplish her own goals.

    submitted by /u/mightyTheowl
    [link] [comments]

    Am I supposed to be here?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    Hi guys first time Dark souls 2 player here. I've just reached drangleic Castle and spoken to emerald herald and she said something along the lines of

    "Your soul is still frail and pallid and that if you proceed your fate will be worse then death".

    Have I reached this area too early, should I go back over previously unlocked areas and scan for more bosses/areas I've missed or can I continue into the castle? I'm not doing a 100% run or anything so I don't mind missing the odd boss or item, but I don't want to skip past much of the game by mistake as I'm absolutely loving it and want to see as much of it as possible.

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/Bradderzthebell
    [link] [comments]

    Random shower thought about DS2

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    I just randomly thought about DS2, Vendrick and my first playthrough again. When i first fought Vendrick i thought "damn this is easy but so freakin emotional" because this guy had such a terrible fate.

    But holy shit did Fromsoft miss an opportunity to give us a fucking bad ass endgame Vendrick fight. I missed entering Vendricks memory the first time i got there and only gotten in after i beat Vendrick. and considering how easy he was, I was 100% sure yung Vendrick will stand up any moment and whoop my ass and I was honestly really disappointed when that didn't happen.

    That would've been so epic, much like in Sekiro you can fight old man Isshin but also the fucking sword saint in his prime!

    Just remembered that and thought i'd share, anyone had the same feelings?

    submitted by /u/aLx257
    [link] [comments]

    Did DS2 ruin DS3 for me?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    I took about 3 weeks playing DS2SotfS and loved it. Did all the DLC, did everything alone, blind, missed a bunch of npc quests sure, but had a lot of fun. Started 3 a couple days ago, just killed deacon boss in the cathedral area, maybe about 10-12 hours in and it is just such a massive bore. The 4, or 5, bosses so far are not that exciting or difficult. I was really excited to play it from what I heard but, aside from the prettier graphics, it's just so meh. Does the game take a while to pick up? Am I going to continue disliking it by comparing it to 2?

    submitted by /u/dysphoricjoy
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 SOTFS analysis.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    Graphics:

    Lighting: This is pretty straightforward. The lighting works in well lit areas or really dark areas (gutter, undead crypt) with the torch. Otherwise its bland and kinda sucks.

    Textures: The weapon and armor textures are good but the environment textures could definitely be better. For instance the brick textures in lost bastille being low res, more texture variation in earthen peak, etc.

    Effects: The particle effects are alright but definitely can be improved. For instance make the fire effects better. They don't look as good. The weapon buffs could look better. The lightning effect on alonne swords look cool.

    Colors: The color palette is great in some ares like dragon aeire, shrine of amana, heides tower of flame, Majula, etc. But in the forests in particular its pretty bland brown and green tint. That should be reduced.

    Enemies:

    Enemy placement: The enemy placement with SOTFS is great except in iron keep, DLC co op areas. Enemy placement makes sense more sense now.

    In drangliac castle more of the iron king's forces are present like the chariot, desert sorceresses (maybe Vendrick hired them as he is known to hire mercenaries), alonne knight, old knights, etc.

    Dragon riders are protecting important areas now and are mini bosses. Flexile sentries are guarding prisoners or items that lead to "prisons" (eleyum loyace flexile sentries are guarding key to frigid outskirts)

    Syan knights also protect valuable loot and important pathways.

    You can now attack sleeping enemies so as to avoid being overwhelmed. And often times you can reduce the ambush. Lost bastille royal soldier room has explosive barrels that can be exploded via fire arrow. Cuts all the soldier health in half.

    Enemy utilization: This is the best in the series. You have dragon warriors who show you respect and will only attack you if you didn't kill the shrine guards at least 1 time. Hollow soldiers can light up the way for you. You sometimes need enemies to to break things you cannot break yourself (ogre breaking chained door in aldia's keep). Giant memories showing the enemies fighting each other in war. Joining rat covenant and enemies not fighting you in doors of pharros. These kinds of things are severely lacking in Ds3 and DS1. Definitely helps with immersion.

    Enemy design: The enemy design is quite varied among the armored enemies. Though there is a sort of lack of more animal enemies. DS1 did it well. DS3 could've.

    Bosses:

    Design (looks): The bosses design is not terrible though there are some terribly designed bosses. These include covetous demon, both rat bosses, prowling magnus congregation (I mean its not even a real boss, no soul is given), etc.

    But that doesn't mean DS2 sotfs doesn't have cool looking bosses. You've got Velsdat, looking glass knight, ancient dragon (looks cool), dark lurker, pursuer (that epic entrance), executioner chariot, etc.

    Mechanics: The bosses have mechanics that can make them easy or hard namely due to environmental interaction. Dragon rider raising the platforms, pursuer being ballistaed, mytha's poison pool, executioner chariot (multiple ways to beat him), Giant lord having constant fireballs falling near him, flexile sentry water rising, freja and torch scaring spiders, etc.

    Difficulty: The difficulty is pretty fair with the bosses. Though some of them have BS. Like royal rat authority and his toxic rats. And others.

    Boss runs: This is actually pretty bad. Dark lurker has shit boss run, executioner chariot has a shit one except you can jump on that platform with the loot right before the boss which helps massively with the enemies, DLC optional boss runs, smelter demon boss run, alonne boss run, etc. Its pretty puzzling why the game hides its best bosses behind awful boss runs.

    NG+ changes: This is a excellent addition where bosses gain additional enemies or do a surprise attack on you. Duke dear freja does a surprise visit, lost sinner and flexile sentry gain additional enemies. I really was hoping this would've been adopted by ds3 more.

    Now, a game's boss isn't just difficulty. Its how the game handles difficulty. DS2 sotfs throws multiple enemies at you but due to the game's slower pace and less aggressive bosses you have enough windows of opportunity to either attack or heal. It also helps you can make the boss fight easier or harder by changing the boss room. DS3's approach is to throw a bunch of combo's at you except that this is less than ideal for slower weapons whereas DS2's approach works for all sorts of weapons.

    Of course its already long enough but I will say despite all that DS2 sotfs is better than DS1 and DS3 when all things considered.

    submitted by /u/dsaf6229
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Darklurker!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    First playthrough ever still (started in 2017 then set it down for three years for some reason). I never see this boss mentioned as one of the overly difficult ones but it was giving my STR build lv 145 character a ROUGH time. I was burning through effigies but getting spanked everytime it got to the phase where the boss split into two. So, I did the sensible thing and went and respecced into a sorcery/faith build and even then it took me a few tries but was much easier being able to use some some spells and use Great Magic Barrier. Really fun fight overall but the run to it definitely sucks.

    submitted by /u/MaxximumEffort
    [link] [comments]

    Effigy Farms?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    Between Fume Knight and Sir Alonne I've run almost completely out of effigies so is there anywhere good to farm for effigies? Thank you friends, and don't you dare go hollow :)

    submitted by /u/Wy4ttd4m4n
    [link] [comments]

    How was your transition from DS to DS2?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    About a month ago, after smashing Bloodborne and earning my platinum, I bought and downloaded DSR, SotFS and DS3 Deluxe Edition. My DSR platinum popped a week or so ago and I'm a few bosses/areas into SotFS.

    So far, I'm finding the second game harder than the first. I'm a no shield 2hander, probably due to my love for Ludwig's Holy Blade on Bloodborne, so getting the zwei so early on DSR made me fairly comfortable from the start, even if it was still a challenging transition from Bloodborne.

    I've sank a fair amount of hours into DS2 already and pretty much the only similar weapon I've found at this point is the Greatsword, and honestly I hate its moveset. It feels so awkward and clunky, and the lack of the zwei's horizontal slashing is a serious problem when dealing with the increased frequency of aggressive mobs (imo). It may be just because I was so familiar and well levelled with DSR by the time I left it, but I definitely feel a lot clumsier with the combat on DS2 - I miss hitboxes constantly.

    How was the transition for you? For those who have spent 100s of hours on both, do you think DS2 is harder than the first overall, or is it just a steeper learning curve?

    submitted by /u/TheOceanColiseum
    [link] [comments]

    Hex build

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    Hello everyone don't bash me for this please 😂

    So I'm playing dark souls 2 sotfs and I'm on new game pluse and I want to change to a hexer OK, so I went with 50/50 int faith and I want best gear to go with my stats... So can u give me recommendations?

    submitted by /u/WarXD
    [link] [comments]

    Best resin buff

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    What's the best resin buff that works in most situation? I think it's lightning bcs I don't know any bosses that are resistant to it but a few annoying ones such as the gargoyles and dragons are weak to it. I know that many enemies are strong against fire and some against magic and dark as well.

    submitted by /u/Antekpjk
    [link] [comments]

    Best resin buff

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    What's the best resin buff that works in most situation? I think it's lightning bcs I don't know any bosses that are resistant to it but a few annoying ones such as the gargoyles and dragons are weak to it. I know that many enemies are strong against fire and some against magic and dark as well.

    submitted by /u/Antekpjk
    [link] [comments]

    SotFS best weapons

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    I'm sure this has been asked/discussed countless times but what are the best weapons on ds2 SotFS, the reason I ask is that I'm never really sure what's different from vanilla and with patches and nerfs etc never know how up to date what I'm reading is y'know, so what's the best weapons. Mainly thinking for ng+ and for beating fume knight and Alonne but also just in general pve.

    Side note if it's still red iron twinblades could someone drop me one Cos I accidentally sold mine I think, it's not on the corpse in shrine of Amana

    submitted by /u/Jackcaboose97
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the Crown of the sunken king DLC.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    So I just wanted to know if anyone has any video links or anything that will help me get through this area. I already got the dragon stone and went into the temple thing but idk where to go in order that I can fight the 3 bosses. Any tips or videos or anything?

    submitted by /u/FrenchFryFiend3
    [link] [comments]

    Is ds2 known as the easier souls game or something?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    This is only my second souls game, i played dsr a couple weeks ago. I never rlly struggled w dsr but ds2 i only struggled with the snake queen bc i didnt know i could drain the poison. The primal bonfire bosses have been sooo easy, ive only beaten rotten sinner and iron king. I feel like the regular levels r much harder than the bosses. Side question: anyone think its worth going plat for this? Does it take insanely long or is it similar to dsr plat?

    submitted by /u/championr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment