• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 13, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Friends doing a 19h run on DS2 for charity if you guys wanna watch or donate. Link will be bellow

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    Finally finished earthen peak

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    Asshole designs after asshole designs, this location was such a pain in the ass. I seriously didn't enjoy going through it and the second boss was annoying as hell with the poison floor. Always poisonned, almost became crazy there. ITS OVER, I DID IT, NEVER AGAIN. I'm curious to know what are your appreciations of this area! It's my first playthrough btw

    Edit: rumors say iron keep is worst... Wish me luck, this is where I'm going this evening

    submitted by /u/mr_gord0
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck Shrine of Amana

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    The whole place isnt fair and so am I. Kill farthest homing missiles with bow and kill the closest ones with the melee.

    submitted by /u/SuLayne
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like alot of "cheap" deaths in this game are really just people being salty they died.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    For example, people complain about the "O.P. darklurker and his "cheap gank mechanics", when in reality he is a meticulously designed, fair and challenging encounter. If I tried to call O&S a "cheap gank" I'd get my ass laughed off stage, even though it's arguably a cheaper encounter (Ornstein lightning going straight through smough.)

    Not to mention the complaints about gank mobs. The games is trying to teach you to fight ganks, just buckle down and learn. it makes areas more challenging, and I can only think of a few genuinely unfair cases. Most are bunches of lesser enemies with easy to punish attacks.

    Furthermore, I think the reason we dont see these complaints about ds1 and 3 is because critique of those games leads to ridicule whilst critique of this game leads to praise.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/powderguy808
    [link] [comments]

    Well I feel silly

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    So it's my first time playing the game and I absolutely struggled with the game up until when I got to the ruin sentinels. I did something that somehow made the game easier and I couldn't figure out why. Just entered the iron keep and I just now realized that the reason I struggled so much in those early levels were because I joined the champion covenant. All those rage filled hours spent trying to kill the pursuer seem rather silly to me now.

    submitted by /u/jmp0628
    [link] [comments]

    no man’s wharf question

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    so i started exploring this hellhole with about 18 minutes of torch life & i've lit all the braziers that i've seen.

    however i just got to the spider part, up all the steps, with the big house that they're using as a nest? after all my exploring i'm down to only a minute left on my torch. am i fucked? i feel like there's no way to progress without a torch.

    maybe there's a vendor somewhere that i've missed that sells torches? help me out folks i'm scared of the darkness :(

    submitted by /u/kyboi
    [link] [comments]

    Just had the weirdest Hollow/Invasion bug

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    So I just killed Nashandra and was running about finishing off loose ends in Frozen Eleum Loyce. I noticed the cutscene had made me Hollow even though I was Human during the boss, I'm assuming that has something to do with what unfolded here.

    I just had grabbed the Garrison Ward Key and teleported back to the Abandoned Dwelling bonfire but didn't use it. I alt tabbed to Discord for a second and my controller rumbled. I went back into the game and someone Invaded me.

    I readied my weapon and walked a bit back under the non-collapsed ceiling so I could see if someone fell down from above or entered the room from the right. The Invader directly ran to the bonfire and started hitting the corner much to my surprise, I had no clue what they were doing, but in doing so, I died although I was at the very opposite end of the room. Got the classic You Died message but the game didn't fade to black...

    My viewpoint teleported to the location where the Invader had hit thin air. At this point the Invader became as confused as I did and started looking about the room - after a few brief moments - running to spot in the room where I had physically waited them just moments earlier. They swung at the air and I could hear my character's dying scream, watching from near the bonfire, confused. Nothing happened and we both were just waiting for something to happen.

    They took another swing at the air where I had previously stood, and my character let out another dying scream, confusing me (and likely us both) a third time. There still were no signs of the game realizing what had happened. The Invader ran to the doorway leading out of the room. I think at this point they used their Black Separation Crystal to leave my world, although I didn't see them play out any animation.

    I spawned back at the Bonfire where all this took place and was confused enough want to write this post here.

    Shout out to my invader Ag.

    submitted by /u/Daedolon
    [link] [comments]

    DS3 has taught me well

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    Is him?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    People, is Cale really important for the ds2 history?

    submitted by /u/simpkiller08
    [link] [comments]

    Best gear for early game?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    This is my first time playing Dark Souls and I think I'm doing pretty decent so far. I was told to take on the Last Giant first but I want to get some better gear before I try to take him on. What's the best gear I can get before fighting him?

    submitted by /u/Rosinante-Corazon
    [link] [comments]

    Gathering of Exiles Trophy/Achievement

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    Does killing Maughlin The Armourer (Tseldora Merchant) lock you out of the Gathering of Exiles Trophy should he die before all moveable NPC's are moved to Majula?

    submitted by /u/Kremit64
    [link] [comments]

    I’m new to DS2

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    Before I start I just want some tips, Ive run quality builds for the other ds games and thought it would be cool to do a pure str build for this game, any weapons I should keep an eye out? I wanna try an UGS or GS.

    submitted by /u/TryMeNerd
    [link] [comments]

    DLC order for a Sorcerer

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    So I typically complete the DLCs in this order: Brume Tower, Frozen Eleum Loyce, Shulva. I don't really know why I do them in this order, esp consider Loyce is my favourite so I ought to do that first. But its how I play the game so whatever.

    With my most recent character, a(nother) pure Sorcerer with no weapons or shields, I am considering doing them in a different order, but I don't know why I'd choose one order over another. I'm far less familiar with the DLCs (especially Shulva) than with the main game, so I wanted to ask Reddit if there's any content like a spell or an item that would greatly benefit a Sorcerer build, so I can do the DLC that contains it first.

    I know that Brume has the Iron Crown which restores spell uses, but that crown is so ugly I am refusing to wear it on this character. I've already sacrificed the hexer's hood passive in exchange for the superior fashion of the Black Witch Hat, and I'm sticking to my guns on this one. Catilina (my character) may be smart, but she's not practical. That's what having overwhelming sorcerous power lets you do.

    Beyond that I know Shulva has...Focus Souls? Is that worth anything?


    Right now my stats are...fairly high (thanks silver serpent ring), and probably after like 1 DLC (esp if it involves Loyce Farming) I'll be at the point where I don't really have anywhere else to put more levels without changing my build. When I hit that I will continue to forgo weapons and instead switch to extreme hexing with 50/50 in INT/FAI as well as boatloads of ATN. I might also look into jacking VIT super high to wear some heavy armor but I don't have a set in mind.

    So keep that in mind for items I would be interested in

    submitted by /u/14ierophant
    [link] [comments]

    (Technical Question) PS4 Controller not working properly, Help with issues on joystick responsiveness.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    Hi! I recently downloaded DS2 on my computer to replay it (I played it on console), and I´m having a lot of issues with connecting and using my PS4 controller to play. I've been able to fix every problem with a quick google search, but I can´t seem to find anything on this:

    The left joystick, that controls the movement, doesn´t allow sideways movement. I´m using DS4Windows, and the readings are normal. Everything else works correctly. The only way I can turn is walking straight forward and moving the camera the way I want to go, which means that if I lock the camera, I´m not gonna be able to circle around enemies (Which plays a big role on combat).

    I'm frustrated because every time I try to find solutions on google, there's only videos about the rolling camera (Fixed with DS4) and joysticks moving on their own.

    If anyone knows what's happening, or has/had the same problem, I appreciate any advice.

    Thank you :D

    TL;DR: Left joystick only allows two directional movement

    EDIT: I restarted the game, and now it's only allowing sideways movement, but no forward or backwards. :)

    submitted by /u/Davs_Glitterfart
    [link] [comments]

    Sunlight Spear (PS4)

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Is there anyone who would be willing to help out on getting sun medals? I need this for that Platinum

    submitted by /u/Iam_Neko
    [link] [comments]

    Drangleic castle in spanish

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    Anybody know the name of Drangleic castle/other locations in spanish/portuguese? This guy wants to co op but I can't tell him where I'm at

    submitted by /u/_aTokenOfMyExtreme_
    [link] [comments]

    Fire Bombs RESPECT

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    How do I upgrade fire resistance?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    I want to upgrade the dark resistance in my gyrm greatshield for the second phase of the fume knight Ps: this is my first time experimenting with elemental stuff in ds2

    submitted by /u/VCN6
    [link] [comments]

    Double Attack

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    I've been wondering since a lot time ago how to do a double attack. I've seen a lot of people using 2 Smelter Swords at the same time and I really would like to so that. Can you tell me what to do?

    submitted by /u/carrot___
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4] Predator helmet

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Could someone give me a predator helmet please?

    submitted by /u/BARNES-_-
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question: How often does this game go on sale?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    I'm looking to conquer Dark Souls 2 but I don't want to buy it and have it go on sale soon after. Considering it's an older game, I'd assume it does go on sale quite often?

    Should I just buy it now or wait?

    submitted by /u/Y-Kun
    [link] [comments]

    Safe to play online?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    I've sunk hundreds of hours into this game and have been wanting to get back into it, but lately have been seeing countless posts of hackers ruining saves and such. Is it that common of an issue now? Or should I just do offline mode?

    submitted by /u/sjh919
    [link] [comments]

    Was Miyazaki going through a divorce when he made Dark Souls 2?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    I can't be the only one that noticed this pattern right? Manscorpion Tark and Scorpioness Najka, Fume Knight and Nadalia, and Vendrick and Nashandra. All three of them have the dude being royally fucked over by his wife. Am I reading into things too much or is this a cry for help??

    submitted by /u/SeductiveLennyFace
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment