• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 10, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    i got gud

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    after 2 full days of trying i finally beat gwyn soul level 1 i know this post is rather dull but i needed to tell someone that is all

    submitted by /u/53b5
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: You can reduce damage from devouring attacks if you press left and right attack buttons sequentially.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    When enemies like mimics, giant clames or those slimes from the Depths devour you, you can reduce incoming damage by sequentially pressing attack and parry buttons.

    submitted by /u/Mortarial
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 1 claymore

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:30 AM PDT

    Hey guys I recently started playing ds1 remastered and I'm quite new to the game. For a strength build what's a good weapon? I've been using the claymore but I recently picked up the man serpent great sword and it looks quite good. Would that be better considering my build (I'm focusing on vitality, strength and endurance) what are other good weapons as well for my build?

    submitted by /u/CheezOnToast32
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting detail I found about Chester's top hat

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    So, I've booted up DS Remastered today for a quick play, and I was playing out with the gear in my inventory, when I equipped Chester's hat/mask. I was in Undead Burg, just past the first bonfire, in a pretty silent and enclosed space, when I noticed that I could hear breathing. I then approached the camera to my character's face by heading towards a wall, and I could for some reason actually hear my character breathing with the mask equipped! I confirmed that it went away when I unequipped, and came back once I put it back on.

    I don't know if this is a widely known detail or if it actually happens to other head gear(will definitely test later), but I find it so nice that I was able to find a new detail to the game after playing it for years on end.

    That's it, just wanted to share my finding which I'm pretty proud of, even if it has been noticed before.

    submitted by /u/Lucian7x
    [link] [comments]

    In-game Lore

    Posted: 09 May 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    So I'm relatively new to Dark Souls (several starts, never finished) and I've heard the game has some amazing story, and I want to believe that and experience it. I've heard things like "talk to all the NPC characters and exhaust their conversation dialogues" and "read item descriptions" and I have, but... I still don't have much of a clue what's going on.

    How do I really figure this out? Is their some book or manual that's supposed to accompany the game? I don't want to spoil the game or have to consult outside information aside from possibly a manual but I just don't know what to do.

    submitted by /u/Yawzheek
    [link] [comments]

    Invasion Fails

    Posted: 09 May 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    What kinds of dumb invasions have you encountered or goofed yourself? I just had someone invade me today in Demon's Ruins without an Orange Charred Ring and they just immediately burned to death in the lava within a matter of seconds. Lol Enjoy all that equipment damage you have to repair now. :p

    submitted by /u/PinballWizard666
    [link] [comments]

    I hate the bed of chaos

    Posted: 09 May 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    Anyone got any tips for killing bed of chaos first time entering the boss room? I really hate the run back to the fight just to lose to gravity again..... and yes I know I should just "get gud"

    submitted by /u/ShellyBear12345
    [link] [comments]

    Waht are everyone's favourite and least favourite Black Knight weapons and why?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Any tips for a Dex Build? Currently in Undead Burg before the Black/Dark Knight, and have Shortsword and the Katana (from the Undead Merchant), the Heater Shield (Undead Merchant), thief class.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 04:08 AM PDT

    INTERESTING Story About the BLACK KNIGHT HALBERD | First Playthrough

    Posted: 10 May 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    I went down some random pathway and I was super confused and arrived in dark root basin. And then I remembered that I saw this area in a video before so I explored and then I saw him: The Black Knight. So I just stood just outside his aggro range, thinking "should I kill him or no because if I kill him now then I will probably not get the weapon because I have 00 humanity so the drop rate will be low. Hmmmm." Then I remembered that I already had a black knight weapon (Black Knight Sword), so I thought of something profound, "eh." I proceeded down in the dark, foggy cliff side and and into his aggro range so I led him up to an open area. I parried him, and then he fell down. THUMP! He stood back up looking at me menacingly. Then, at last, he did the forbidden thing: turtling behind his stupid shield that you can't kick away. He walked backwards, secretly afraid that he would get parried again. Then he got a taste of the Dark Soul's own medicine. He fell off the cliff! (Yeah, he just kinda fell off on his own). I was super nervous at first, wondering, "will I still get the weapon?" because after he fell. He just kept falling and falling as I started to see the health bar get smaller. I stared at my screen for what felt like a year, until I heard the soul noise! He was officially dead! And then, behold, the black knight halberd and a blue titanite chunk!!!

    THE END

    Epilogue : And then I ran back to Andre's bonfire asap because I didn't want to lose the 2k souls I got from him.

    Side note: I beat the first black knight via NPC summon and got the black knight sword. Then I beat the black knight with the Black Knight Great Sword all on my own with no cheese and I just get a titanite chunk. Then this black knight falls off a cliff on his own and I get the halberd. How come every time I actually got a reward was when I cheesed it? (This is a rhetorical question BTW).

    Question: Should I invest in the black knight halberd or the black knight sword? They both seem the suit my play style. I heard that the halberd is OP, but I want to hear from you guys.

    submitted by /u/youzairnaym
    [link] [comments]

    First time beating a souls game/Main takeaway

    Posted: 09 May 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    So I know theres been a lot of "I Finally Beat Gwyn!!!" posts recently, but I still wanted to share this because it felt like a big deal and this game made a huge impact on me.

    Quick background, I'm terrible at video games, have always been a casual gamer, and when I do play I almost always play on easy. After a friend couldn't stop talking up the souls game I decided to grab remastered and give it a shot.

    After 123 hours of overwhelmingly punishing gameplay and some of those most rewarding fights of my life, here is my main takeaway.

    I consistently underestimated myself when it came to facing obstacles. I was shocked time and time again by how I would come to a boss and think "Yep this is it, this is the boss I'm not going to be able to get past". And yet time and time again I surprised myself with how I was able to overcome these challenges with determination and patience. It started with the Bell Gargoyles, then Quelaag, then Artorius (Dear LORD), and lastly Gwynn. Each time I thought it was the end and would have to walk away defeated. Each one felt like the end of the journey, and each time I walked away victorious.

    By the midpoint I realized I had a laundry list of experiences where I thought I wouldn't succeed and ended up succeeding in spite of myself. By the last bosses I still experienced the same difficulty and frustration, but I had a new confidence in myself where I could point to past examples of my competency and dive into the new challenge.

    There is so much in this game to admire, the gameplay, the level design, the freaking LORE, but above all the most incredible thing this game did was show me that I am stronger than my self doubt.

    Thanks Dark Souls, praise the sun, never go hollow.

    submitted by /u/aclam2001
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best upgrade path for Broken Straight Sword?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    I'm doing a BSS only run and I've come into issues, wondering what path is actually worth upgrading, as I'm not entirely sure. The best route looks like Chaos +5 right now but I'm not entirely sure.

    submitted by /u/Scorpion278
    [link] [comments]

    i did something silly and its working

    Posted: 09 May 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    i decided to do a "starting gear only and forever" build plus only leveling HP .... and guys its amusing. im well over 2000 hp and i didnt even get thru sens fortress yet. when i beat pinwheel, i actually got the mask of the mother, which i had no idea until today multiplies your HP by 1.1 so now im rocking 2200 - fast rolling naked but can take enough hits as though im tanking (still getting oneshotted by bleed tho..) - the hp bar cannot even display its intended length on the screen. turns out theres no wrong way to enjoy this game

    submitted by /u/cubosh
    [link] [comments]

    Drake Souls - An Alternative OST

    Posted: 10 May 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    Here's something a little bit different for anyone up for an audio experiment on their next playthrough!

    Last year I noticed that the brooding, low-end atmospheres and spacious, dark ambience of 40's productions for Drake coalesce unexpectedly well with the world of DS (e.g. 'Redemption' in Undead Burg, or '9' in Sen's Fortress). I know Drake's lyrics may be a stumbling block for some, but in terms of overall tone and vibe I find this to be a really fun and interesting mix (plus many of his bars are melancholic and introspective, so they kinda fit too!). So here it is, Drake Souls:

    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5eab1vnH9WInJZXxtBGIPQ?si=Y8TTLtDEQrWRppqG9755Hg

    Has anyone else got any left-field soundtracks they spin during a playthrough? I'd love to hear some unusual suggestions!

    submitted by /u/CthulhuReviews
    [link] [comments]

    Later game faith/dex weapons?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    I'm running through as a mainly faith build, but got my faith to 45 and am gonna focus on dex next. I was using a divine winged spear up to now, but is there any point in continuing with that after the catacombs? Would it be better to change it to the normal upgrade path, and/or use another dex weapon as well?

    I'm a bit unsure what will give the best results at this point when I have 45 faith and only 16 dex.

    submitted by /u/Joetographicevidence
    [link] [comments]

    Made it through Blighttown and killed Quelaag without a single death

    Posted: 09 May 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    Probably not that great an achievement to you guys on here but I'm real proud of myself, haha.

    Now to stroll into Sen's fortress with my massive balls and fail miserably to repeat the same feat.

    submitted by /u/DollSteakTestMeat
    [link] [comments]

    What in your opinion, gameplay aside is the best boss design in Dark Souls?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    Shoot away, praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/quonklablonk
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Zweihander for strength build

    Posted: 10 May 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    Playing this on Switch for portability and I decided to go for a Zweihander strength build this time around since I'm getting sick of the agile playstyle. I decided to pick up Zweihander as soon as I got to Firelink because I heard how it wrecks ass and it really is. I already upgraded it to +5 before the Bell Gargoyles.

    But, is the weapon actually best for strength builds and should I be trying to scale it? Also what are the best stats for a strength build? Thanks

    submitted by /u/hypermads2003
    [link] [comments]

    Souvenirs of reprisal

    Posted: 10 May 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how many I need to fully upgrade the covenant and the best place to invade for them. Thanks

    submitted by /u/blubla20
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite boss from each game?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    Manus is my favourite boss in DS1 because he's a DS3 boss in DS1.

    Fume Knight is my favourite from DS2 because he's like Pontiff and Nameless king combined.

    Midir is my favourite in DS3 because it's so badass fighting a dragon and once you learn his moveset he becomes easy.

    And Owl (father) is my favourite from Sekiro because i like how fast paced the fight is.

    Haven't played bloodborne.

    submitted by /u/RyanK17
    [link] [comments]

    help with seath the scaleless SL 83

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    could someone please help me with seath the scaleless ? i helped someone else beat him earlier today, but i just cannot get him.

    edit: on PC DSR

    submitted by /u/dreem_kitten
    [link] [comments]

    Anor londo archers; fucking idiots

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Tfw; when you run straight up to the archer on the right and his dumbass tries to follow you and charge, and makes himself fall off the edge.... 😂 Idiot Thought you could kill sunbro solaire did ya? I think not!

    (Roleplaying as solaire with only his equipment as a mild "challenge" run, playing with a friend roleplaying as seigmyer)

    submitted by /u/Vistelios
    [link] [comments]

    Playing through all 3 souls games, and DS 3 is by FAR the easiest.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:37 AM PDT

    I genuinely don't think it's because I'm used to the mechanics by now, either - I've breezed through most zones in a few days and have died maybe 3 times - all of which were to human invaders.

    Also, it's way too fast and frantic (the camera is all over the place and you can't really see a lot of what the bigger bosses are doing most of the time.) case in point - those humanoid/bird enemies when they do that flying screeching attack... it's just a frantic, confusing mess and the camera totally flips out! I really miss the slow approach, feeling out the enemy, watching them circle you and waiting for their opening...DS 1 was the only real game to do that consistently. DS 2 was full of gank/ambushes and DS 3 is basically Bloodborne isn't it, really.

    Don't get me wrong, I am really enjoying it. They are way ahead of other games and I do love them. But I can definitely see why DS1 is still considered the real masterpiece of the three. By a long, long, long way.

    submitted by /u/enthusiasticdave
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment