• Breaking News

    Monday, May 11, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    MY DUDES IT'S MY FIRST PLAYTHROUGH AND I BEAT O+S ON MY SECOND ATTEMPT

    Posted: 10 May 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    Shameless bragging post yes I'm sorry I'm just so so pumped holy hell

    submitted by /u/TheOceanColiseum
    [link] [comments]

    I have a theory Artorias was always at the dark side of the force

    Posted: 11 May 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    He is a Sif lord after all

    submitted by /u/ThatsexactlywhatIdid
    [link] [comments]

    Black Knight

    Posted: 10 May 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    So uhh, what's with the door right next to the firesage demon boss fight?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    I've beaten the game already and I'm playing through again but deciding to spoil everything that I missed and I have no idea what that door is there or what it's for. Can I get some help on what it's for please?

    submitted by /u/Joseph-The-Italian
    [link] [comments]

    How does it feel talking to someone whose never died to the Anor Londo Archers?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    No further questions at this time.

    submitted by /u/bustmuffin
    [link] [comments]

    Just found out you can parry with the jagged ghost blade!

    Posted: 11 May 2020 02:50 AM PDT

    I put it on my offhand to see the attacks and the L2 attack looked strange, I decided to try parrying with it and to my surprise it worked! Love the strange animation as well

    submitted by /u/ProfessorLankto
    [link] [comments]

    I truly enjoy seeing posts from excited people after an accomplishment

    Posted: 10 May 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    I love seeing posts from someone excited to beat the game or beat O+S or anything like that. There's just something different about Dark Souls and it's community that I can't put into words, but even after seeing hundreds of the same sort of post I love reading every single one and hearing about people's journey, motivation, or whatever they have to say.

    Not really sure where I'm going with this, just wanted to express my gratitude to such an incredible game and community.

    submitted by /u/Kolander57
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls is changing my quality of life—I beat OnS on SL1 and I am so proud of myself and my patience!!

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    Seriously I was so happy. I was SO happy I took a tequila shot at 11:30am. This happened a few days ago and I decided to post because I feel so giddy even still when I think about that moment. They gave me SO many issues and rages and throwing things. But I finally did it and I am so proud of myself. Gold star for me. I feel like a kindergarten who just made his teacher proud. Ugh. so happy

    I love this game so much. But never ever did I think I could be this good at it. I thought a SL1 run would always be out of reach because I didn't have the capacity to be good at video games like others, like my older brother who I grew up idolizing because he was also so good at them. I have ADHD and I'm sporadic as hell. Simple things like just having a conversation or argument with someone is hard because I completely forget what I'm trying to say if I think about something else. Sometimes, mid fight I will get distracted by like a bird on my bad porch and then die. I can't control it. But this game has almost been a rock to me. When I play I am able to—more than other activities in my life—stay focused and achieve a goal without getting distracted. Basic human interaction has never been so easy to achieve. This game has been a rock to me, and I'm so glad to be over halfway done with my SL1 playthrough. I feel so proud of my mental health journey and progress 🥰

    submitted by /u/rainplay
    [link] [comments]

    I’m new to Dark Souls Remastered. What do all the classes do?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    So I'm getting into Dark Souls but I don't know what all the classes do or what class is best for beginners. Can someone help me out?

    submitted by /u/isuckatnames06
    [link] [comments]

    Just became part of the 7.9%!

    Posted: 10 May 2020 11:41 PM PDT

    Wow. That was a hell of a journey! Needed the Greatsword of Artorias using soul of Sif and accidentally made a 2nd cursed version... So I had to download a cloud game where I was back in the 2nd playthrough. Had to get all lord souls over again, beat gwyn again, and finally get another Sif soul. I now have the platinum trophy for this amazing game! If I had one gripe tho it would be too much needless running really far with nothing to fight just to get to an area. Loved playing this over the last 5 years or so, beating it several times. Thanks to some folks over at r/SummonSign for some much needed help for the last part of this! To me this was way harder to platinum than Bloodborne (which I love and was my first soulsborne game completion) Got 12% left in both Ds2 and Ds3 so on to SOTFS! Thanks for reading my long ass story skeleton!

    submitted by /u/FlyloBedo
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys get tired of backstabs?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    It's literally the only thing people do. Just keep circling around, and the first one to get the chance to stab wins, that's how 90% of the fights end up. It stops being fun quickly.

    submitted by /u/sharafi04
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Tomb just permanently Gravelorded now?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    The title asks the question. I literally can't get to the second bonfire right now because of a Black Phantom SkellyDog.

    EDIT: On PS4

    submitted by /u/lextune
    [link] [comments]

    should i buy? is it really so impossible?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    i've been gaming for awhile now, and for most of that time i stuck with the easy stuff or always on easy mode. but recently, especially with having more time quarantining, i've branched out my game collection; trying different genres and amping up the difficulty. of course it's gotten extremely frustrating sometimes but overall i enjoy gaming more than before. it's made finally beating that boss after boiling angry, coming to the verge of tears, and sometimes turning off the xbox and taking a break, so much more rewarding.

    i've looked a little into dark souls and it seems like a fantastic game i might like, and of course everything i come across emphasizes how difficult it is. is the game really as impossible as everyone makes it out to be? is the challenge worth it? any tips for new players? any response is very appreciated!

    submitted by /u/taterth0tt
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite boss and least favorite boss fight ?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    Just finished the game and was wondering who is your favorite boss fights and least favorite boss fights? I know everyone is going to say the bed of chaos is the worst so I don't think he should count.

    For me my favorite boss fights has to be Artorias a, manus and kalameet. All three of them are really fun to fight and the soundtrack is just beautiful. My least favorite has to be the gargoyles and Ornstein/smough. I know it's a bit of an unpopular opinion but I hate gank fights and to me they are such a bs fight.

    submitted by /u/david83830
    [link] [comments]

    Sale going on

    Posted: 11 May 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    So there's a sale on Xbox marketplace, and a friend has been telling me to try this game for years now and if there's a sale.. get it.

    Question is, there's DS remastered, DS 2, and DS 3.

    If I'm going to get one, which?

    submitted by /u/RemyDodger
    [link] [comments]

    Build help please

    Posted: 11 May 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    So im not particularly new to dark souls as a series. I just never had the chancw until now to play through the first one. I beat ds3 multiple times and ds2 about 2 times. I now have the full trilogy. My question here is, what build for the first game do you reccomend. Not just being able to stomp but one that is really fun. In ds2 i love sorcery builds. In ds3 i usally go for str/tank. Big ass club with the heaviest armor. So what im asking for is what build do you reccomend for this game. Im thinking either cleric, sorcerer, and good ole str/tank. Any advice/ your personal favorite?

    submitted by /u/that0neguy23
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered Sale at Green Man Gaming (65% off)

    Posted: 11 May 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    Green Man Gaming has DSR on sale for 65% (13.92 USD) off right now, which I think is close to the historical low. Good price for my friends who have been hesitant to jump into the series.

    https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/dark-souls-remastered-pc/

    submitted by /u/thetwaddler
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat O&s SL1!

    Posted: 10 May 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    I dropped my SL1 run for a while because I was playing other games and was stuck on O&s. I decided to come back and beat them on my 3rd try! Now for the dreaded pinwheel

    submitted by /u/DrFodwazle
    [link] [comments]

    Why is DS1 so hard compared to DS3?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    I got into the Dark Souls Series with DS3 some months ago. I really enyoed it and had 80h in DS3 for my first Run ever. I finishes it 3 times and understanded the game.

    But yo, i now bought DS1 and wanted to play it and its almost impossible to beat it! The Skeletons near the Fireshrine are fkn hard! After i said "Fuck it, i just run thru them", i got into zones where i never could beat them one after another one. Then the 3x respawn of the Skeletons.

    Then i found 1-2 other ways and they are also hard with some snakes and dragons. Then there is so "Travel" feature on the bornfire, the Bosses hits very delayed not like in DS3....

    Why is the first DS so hard? i don't enjoy the gameplay and really dont want to start this journey when it begins like this ... i loved DS3 so much!

    English is not my main Language so sry if there is something wrong.

    submitted by /u/thelifeofsuat
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Dark Souls 1 for the first time

    Posted: 11 May 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    My first one was DS3 and I recently started playing the first one. I got a black knight great sword early game and was op and destroyed every boss.

    submitted by /u/SnowyWolf70
    [link] [comments]

    Capra Demon

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Okay, I discovered Dark Souls in 2019 believe it or not. I picked up the game and immediately fell in love. The Asylum Demon was a great beginner boss, and I felt it served its purpose in showing me the beginning mechanics of the game. The Taurus Demon along with its arena provided a unique challenge, although one I met with gold pine resin and easily defeated. The Bell Gargoyles, the first real skill check of the game, fell with ease as I slashed through them with a +5 Claymore. Then comes the Capra Demon. A disappointment of a boss fight, if there ever was one. Up to this point, I thought the game was an utter masterpiece (understand that I still do), but oh my gosh is this boss absolutely annoying. Not only will it easily slash its way through your health and make healing all but worthless, he has two mutts accompanying him to make it all the more annoying. You have the dogs dodging your hits while you're trying to rid of them, and he is doing his jumping over head and decimating you. You keep getting in, and retrieving your souls, which keeps your multiple attempts alive, but you fall short, and it's usually the fourth try before you overcome this bitch of a fight. That was my experience at least. It's 2020 and I've picked the game back up on PC, and I decided I was going to do a quality build and play through the game because, believe it or not, I never beat it. I got to Lost Izilith and my interest wavered and I simply never returned to that save. Well, in this playthrough, I'm having just as much fun as the first time. I've just gotten to the Capra Demon, and of course... i'm met with my first death yet again. I genuinely have so much hate for this boss, his arena, and the stupid f*cking mongrols that accompany him. Did FromSoft have a bring-your-kid-to-work day and allow someone's asshole, low IQ child to design this boss fight? I wouldn't doubt it. Anyways, sorry for the late night rant, I just felt like I needed to put this somewhere appropriate to a group of people that will either agree with me or criticize me. Either way, it's been said.

    TL;DR Playing through DS1 again and realizing how much I hate Capra Demon and think he is the most poorly designed boss in the game.

    submitted by /u/Universalistic
    [link] [comments]

    I think I really missed something with Ornstein and Smough

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    So I'm on my first playthrough of Dark Souls Remastered (have finished DS3 before) and because I had kindled the bonfire up in Anor Londo I was still in Human form. Eventually I came to the big hall before Ornstein and Smough with the large knights and saw a summon sign there. To help me against the knights I thought I might as well us the opportunity so I got Solaire to help me with them. After dealing with them I came across another one (just a random player) and for the hell of it I summoned him too, so now I had 2 summons with me without knowing there would be a boss fight next. So then I tore through Ornstein and Smough without problem, beating them in one try with the help of my 2 allies.

    Seeing everybody excited about beating O&S on this sub, did I really miss a lot by not trying to beat them on my own? For me they were just a short encounter this way.

    submitted by /u/Prometheussss
    [link] [comments]

    List Humanity Farming Meathids Here! (please)

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    If you are knowledgeable about this game, then share your information here about humanity farming here. Try to list at least one for Early Game, Mid Game, and Late Game if you can, but anything is good. Besides, I am running low on humanity myself so I could use the info as well.

    submitted by /u/youzairnaym
    [link] [comments]

    Ps4 Remastered request

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    Can someone pass me the weapons for the trophy? I can pass them back immediately after

    submitted by /u/Corlinguer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment