• Breaking News

    Monday, May 11, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Did you know that the Indian song Tunak Tunak Tun is actually in Dark Souls 2 universe?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    Today, I'll will prove that Tunak is actually the Bearer of the Curse.

    https://imgur.com/a/m8QDAL2

    submitted by /u/CaptainDogeSparrow
    [link] [comments]

    I love this game

    Posted: 10 May 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    Idk, I didn't have much else to add.

    Platinum'd this recently, did all the DLC, did both endings. I now send my friend random words of encouragement, left from the bodies of those before me

    "Don't give up, skeleton!" "Try tongue but whole" ♥

    submitted by /u/iKyuuki
    [link] [comments]

    Can't think of a noobier thing than getting rekt by Scorpioness Najka.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    And I'M the one getting rekt by her. 😭

    The underground attack is easy to defend against because I just stand on the stones. The hard part is dealing with the blue magic arrows.

    submitted by /u/plastic-watering-can
    [link] [comments]

    Just started a shield only run

    Posted: 11 May 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    And then I fucking decided to head over to royal rat authority like a dumbass

    note to self: dont bring a slow, incredibly close range weapon to that fight

    submitted by /u/Funzobun
    [link] [comments]

    I just have to say

    Posted: 11 May 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    I never played any of the dlc, I nearly obtained plat on ps3 vanilla ds2 and seeing everyone say theres a lot of differences from sotfs and vanilla(been trying to stay spoil free) I'm really excited to play this game again, I remember it being a different experience from the other games. No complaints, just happy to give this game another go. Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/NotMatterino
    [link] [comments]

    Another hacker...

    Posted: 11 May 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    I know of the hacker Hitler, but there is another one. His name is Stalin, and he dropped several +14 poison binoculars and now there is one perminantly in my inventory. Thankfully he didn't turbo fuck my soul level like i had heard Hitler do, but dont pick up stuff that Stalin drops.

    submitted by /u/CurriorSix
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best sorcery to compliment a strength build?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    I just got SOTFS, having played through the base game a couple times and the only sorcery I've really used is dark weapon. I'm doing a strength build so what type of magic best compliments it?

    submitted by /u/HamesWalker
    [link] [comments]

    Went through the Frigid Outskirts for the first time last night

    Posted: 11 May 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    And I can safely say that it was also the last time. That place sucks. I loved Frozen Eleum Loyce, but Frigid Outskirts was worse than Blighttown and the Black Gulch combined.

    submitted by /u/rleach1001
    [link] [comments]

    Help deciding which weapon to main

    Posted: 11 May 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    Hey guys, are there any straight swords that scale well with str? If not what are the swords that scale with dex? Also what are some good endgame weapons

    submitted by /u/pewdiebhai64
    [link] [comments]

    My armor list for each situation

    Posted: 10 May 2020 08:49 PM PDT

    So, I made this excel in which I wanted to visualize the best armor for different situations, and I wanted to share it after I spend three or four hours reading and copying numbers.

    The idea behind it it´s that maybe you don´t care about fashion souls, or you just want the best armor for each situation. For example, let´s say you want to know the best armor for defense against a specific element because you are fighting a pyromancer, then you go to the list and see that. I know that you can do it anyway by doing the same thing I did, which is going to the wiki (wikidot) and sorting by elements, but I wanted to have a shorter list. Easy to visualize, and also a guide beforehand so you know what to upgrade, in case you don´t have all the pieces yet to compare inside the game.

    It also has the best armor by physical defense around different weight zones. In case you want to optimize your armor around some numbers. The point isn´t to be super specific, that you can find in the wiki by sorting yourself, the idea was to find the biggest jump in defense around a certain weight. Then you can choose and maybe level up VIT around that.

    I sort it by weight and marked in green the best type of armor by element defense and also the best all-round based on physical defense.

    Overall, my prizes go to Mad Warrior Mask, Black Witch Set, Llewellyn Set, and Steel Armor Set. I know, nothing new, but I wanted to see the numbers by myself.

    I also added some equipment that has some special characteristic that makes it valuable, like an increase in soul gain or item discovery.

    I haven´t upgraded all of that pieces myself so I can´t check if the numbers are 100% accurate. I used the Wikidot wiki because the Fextralife had too many errors.

    If you see some spelling error, I´m not an English native speaker, sorry about that.

    If you see an error in the numbers because you have the piece already upgraded, please comment and I will update the table.

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mOQDsI4qGiKYwfoOihcJu4aRtvxpylg3

    submitted by /u/aleamaro791
    [link] [comments]

    Summoning

    Posted: 11 May 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Hello my fellow undead. While I am fairly well acquainted with the pve mechanics of ds2, I never really tried multi-player. So, how does the name engraved ring work? How do game circles cooperation? Anything else I need to be vary about before engaging in multi-player?

    submitted by /u/SimeonPuppetMaster
    [link] [comments]

    Shadowset

    Posted: 11 May 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    I was farming it for 4 days and now all despawned and I am left with 3 pants and 2 gloves...could someone help me and gimme the rest of it ? Ps4

    submitted by /u/Nekros504
    [link] [comments]

    ... Didn't know npc's could get cursed

    Posted: 11 May 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=dVZvesVgjD0

    Is there any way tp fix this except new game+?

    submitted by /u/zero4747
    [link] [comments]

    My 1st hatemail.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    I was fighting with a guy and accidentally attacked him while he was buffing (I thought he was going to buff only the sword) then he sent me a message and i summoned him to another duel (and gave more time to he buff himself this time) but he lost both times.

    Result here: http://imgur.com/a/q2ghP09

    submitted by /u/rdmorigen
    [link] [comments]

    This game is beautiful

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:57 AM PDT

    I am quite new to dark souls 2 (sotfs) & have finally beat the pursuer! The view was definitely worth the effort :)

    submitted by /u/DG_Longshot
    [link] [comments]

    My Theory as to Events in Dark Souls II

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    In Dark Souls II, your character awakens in a strange land. This has a reason. Hi, I'm Jullian, a 25 year old DS Instagrammer with around 600 followers. When I was 12, I was hit by a car, and went into a comatose state. You may not believe this, but I had a similar experience in a coma. I awoke in a strange land, battling beasts and the like. I even fell down a dark hole. This isn't unique to me either, as three of my friends who were by the car that hit me and one onlooker have all shared similar experiences. Anyone else? It's freaking me out.

    submitted by /u/PapaJohnGotCake
    [link] [comments]

    Best place for Sunlight Medals?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    I know you can farm them in Things Betwixt, but before I commit to farming too much is there still a place I can place my summon sign with consistent summons? I'm around 5mil SM, PS4.

    submitted by /u/yorfor6
    [link] [comments]

    HELP

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    I'm trying to run through bright stone and just can't. The spiders are too horrifying. The closed walls and dark spaces are too much. I need someone to guide me through (and help me grab essentials such as Estus, bone dust, and branches). I can stand back and hold a torch and cast some dark orbs. I just need someone to be the spiders main aggro.

    Ps4. Scholar version. Soul memory 1110642.

    submitted by /u/alexanderneimet
    [link] [comments]

    I Need Help Can't Find Any İnfo

    Posted: 11 May 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    So i am in my 4th playthrough and decided to get platinum on ps4 so my mission is to inherit the equipment of lucatiel and i came to no mans wharf and she is not at the bonfire everywhere it says she will be there but not for me somehow help please

    submitted by /u/Palevac
    [link] [comments]

    Unique Builds in DS2

    Posted: 11 May 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    I'm looking for some fun builds to try out in Dank Souls 2, right now I'm doing a hex/dragon slayer spear build which is a ton of fun. Anyone got any recommendations for other things to try?

    submitted by /u/broken_spear91
    [link] [comments]

    i need help, whenever i try to move the path in majula near heide's tower of flame entrance my character freezes and i can't move, what do i do? please help

    Posted: 11 May 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Where to/can we farm human effigies

    Posted: 11 May 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    I need some summon NPCs to fight the 3 dudes in Cave of the dead and I don't have any left, and warping to Amana to get some at the altar takes quite some time

    submitted by /u/sabrosafb
    [link] [comments]

    Which dlc is the longest? Not depending on difficulty

    Posted: 11 May 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    Belfry sol/Luna

    Posted: 11 May 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Why are there so few invasions. I want to get some chunks and I'm pretty early game (for this game at least). Why are there so few invasions

    submitted by /u/alexanderneimet
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment