• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 2, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 01 May 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    "...I think this is a game that will come to define a generation." - Vaati, 2014

    Posted: 01 May 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    Don't mind me. Just a drunk hollow who traverses the internet on a friday night, looking up Soulsborne OST and having a good time in front of his pc.

    I fucking love this community.

    DonÄ't you dare go hollow, my friend.

    submitted by /u/Ronathan64
    [link] [comments]

    Demon Firesage Drawing

    Posted: 01 May 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/Zmc9HOH.jpg

    The Demon Firesage during Izalith's prime, or at least before its downfall.

    submitted by /u/ClaymoreHouston
    [link] [comments]

    Karma. It's fair.

    Posted: 01 May 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    A while back I was trying my first SL1 playthru. It was good, I was gathering the 4 lord souls, and for whatever reason (probably I forgot where an item was) I was back in the undead burg. Now, I had been trolled before, I've been greifed. I've had jerks, and I didn't want to be one. But I was human, And I had a red eye orb.... And well.... I decided to try once. 1 invasion, to mess with a new guy. Not exactly sure what I was going to do, but aware it was not going to be fun for them. I invaded, and there, right by a ledge by the bonfire was the host. And he seemed to be AFK. I waved. I waited. I gave him 3 minutes. And then it hit me. I was here to be a jerk. He would be right by the bonfire. Mmaaaayyybe? He had backed up to the ledge, but there was exactly enough space to move in. A one hit backstab. Then I'd admit it's a jerk thing to do, bad never again. I slid in place, and counted to 3 One last chance to catch me. I hit attack. ... Parried. Didn't even repost, the animation knocked me off the ledge. I had been played like a fiddle. As I fell to my death, all I thought, was "yeah, that's fair. Well played." I had been anti trolled.

    submitted by /u/TheManOfOurTimes
    [link] [comments]

    I just lost 5 million souls and 99 humanities while being afk in Oolacile Township

    Posted: 01 May 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Thank you Dark Souls

    submitted by /u/H4voc_FuZn
    [link] [comments]

    Why Ash Lake will always be my favorite area in any game.

    Posted: 01 May 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    So I played and beat Dark Souls quite a while ago and it was definitely one of the best games I've ever played, but out of all the areas in the game, my favorite was Ash Lake. Just the pure grandiosity and magnificence (redundant?) of it blew me away the first time I went down there. The ever-towering arch-trees way out in the black water holding up the sky, the man-eater clams, the Hydra, and the Ancient Dragon all serve to depict this sacred place that should never have been discovered, especially due to the two illusory walls leading into the Great Hollow. A lake that has lasted and been there for likely since the Age of Ancients. The overwhelming feeling of Ash Lake can only be described as pure awe. I would attempt to express this more, but I don't think I could put it into words. It will forever hold a place in my heart as my favorite area in pretty well any game ever. Besides maybe Anor Londo, Byrgenwerth, Yahar'gul before Blood Moon, or the coniferous forest from Shadow of the Colossus PS4 Remake.

    submitted by /u/ahyesiamme
    [link] [comments]

    I’m a souls vet and I lost to Taurus demon 8 times on my latest playthrough

    Posted: 01 May 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    But tanked Capra first try. I swear. This game can make me feel so dumb then so awesome.

    submitted by /u/StevenMcCobraFace
    [link] [comments]

    Best Artorias Great Sword?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    I can't made up my mind about which AGreatSword to pick

    Cursed version has the best scaling, best damage but the move set kinda ehhh

    Abyss Great Sword damage was ok ish but with such a cool moveset

    Normal version out of the picture, the scaling was spread too much for my taste, and split damage

    submitted by /u/MyHentaiGirl
    [link] [comments]

    Sexy Smough and Ornstein

    Posted: 01 May 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    Just bought the game on switch a few days ago, didn’t realize that the soapstone messages could be false too :(

    Posted: 01 May 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    I ended up killing Ingward because the messages had me convinced that he was an enemy by saying things like "try luring it out"; only realized that his dialogue meant he was important after he was dead.

    Guess I've learned my lesson now...

    submitted by /u/Reshriluke
    [link] [comments]

    Am i underleveled?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    I have just beaten seath and now i just found Nito, i'm like level 50 and something.

    idk because in every video i see people are like level 70

    submitted by /u/garlicbread64
    [link] [comments]

    Invaded while white soap stone is down?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    I've never been into PvP in these games, so I guess I don't know all the rules, but I didn't think that if I had a white soapstone down I could be invaded by a red.. especially if I've beaten the boss in that area. How is that happening?

    submitted by /u/crom-dubh
    [link] [comments]

    I didn't know you could do this.

    Posted: 01 May 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    So I'm helping my brother with his first playthrough and he discovered something I never did in my numerous playthroughs.

    I always read a message and then used the orange soapstone to rate it. Always found it a cumbersome way to do it compared to later sequels.

    But apparently you can just press the gesture button while reading it to rate the message. Without you needing to use the soapstone.

    Is this well know? Could you always do this, or was it added in the remaster? Or am I just an Idiot?

    submitted by /u/dark_hypernova
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading raw weapons

    Posted: 01 May 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    So I'm playing through and upgrading my weapon with the raw enchantment and I got it to +5 but I cant upgrade it past that. Anyone know what I have to do?

    submitted by /u/Frost_Fire_Saber
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry, not sorry, O&S

    Posted: 02 May 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I was playing DS1 Remastered, having quit and given up on PtD at Sen's Fortress because of the hideous controls on PC, even with mods. Remastered is such an improvement, I sat down and made up the lost progress, then got to O&S.

    I died an awful lot. An awful awful lot, to the point where I was like "ok, maybe it's time to burn some humanity and get Solaire to help, see how that goes!", so I used up the humanity and before I was even out of the bonfire room I got invaded...

    Not wanting to get ganked by some nasty build I can't even recognize (zero PVP experience with DS1 despite dozens of hours of PVP in 2 and 3), I panic-summoned a sunbro and a white phantom in the bonfire room. In walk two absolute madmen who helped me deal with the invader.

    So I head for O&S and they tag along, I do a "Hurrah!" emote and we enter the fog. I mean, it can't hurt to try, can it... The two summons immediately latch onto Smough, helpful and thoughtful bastards that they are. I poke Ornstein for a while while they bring down Smough in around a minute, then all three of us absolutely wreck Ornstein.

    I get the soul I wanted, the armor I wanted, the ring I wanted (I am playing pokey weapons this run) and those two madmen wave goodbye, as I'm still stunned. I didn't even intend to gank O&S, I was just heading for Solaire.

    What a game... what a game...

    submitted by /u/Mr_Gibblet
    [link] [comments]

    Tell me how did you discover some of the most obscure things in Dark Souls!

    Posted: 02 May 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    Hi, i am replaying DS 1 for the nth time, and while playing i was just wondering how you guys dealt with some obscure gameplay mechanics in your first run, and specifically:

    1) Did you manage to side with Kaathe, or when you beat the 4 kings he left becasue you sided with Fraampt? (my answer: i sided with fraampt, have no idea kaathe existed)

    2) If you got cursed, how did you react? You were smart enough to have a purging stone with you? And did you find Ingward at Petite Londo? (my answer: i luckily didn't get cursed at all)

    3) Artorias DLC is very good, but to access it you need to do a lot of strange stuff: did you do those on your own, or did you look on a guide? (my answer: i played the game long after dlc came out, so i read how to access it)

    4) Did you venture in the catacombs as soon as you arrived to firelink shrine? Did you sit at one of the lower bonfire, only to not be able to travel back to the surface? (my answer: when i saw how strong the skeletons in the graveyard were, i immediatly abandon the idea to go down)

    5) How did you discover the great hollow? (my answer: i already knew for some spoiler)

    submitted by /u/Fonzie90
    [link] [comments]

    Summoning In DSR

    Posted: 02 May 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    I have been playing Dark Souls Remastered over quarantine and it's bloody amazing. Wanting to try out summoning and the pvp features more often though.. Could anyone recommend any particular bosses that I could set up shop at?

    submitted by /u/quonklablonk
    [link] [comments]

    Is this still bow only?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    I got to the sniper bridge, but no matter what I tried, those stupid things infinitely body-blocked me. So, I pulled out a buckler, parried the guy, then fisted him off the cliff. Does this still count in your opinion?

    submitted by /u/JovialSamurai
    [link] [comments]

    How worthwhile is a lvl 50 Strength build?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    30 VIT, 28 END, 27 STR.

    My concern comes down to the AR. I'll probably be using the large club or Demon's great machete (maybe Zwei), and the AR is lower than both lightning or chaos of each of those weapons. I get that infused weapons have split damage, but how noticeable is that in PvP? I'd be able to 2H the large club at 18 STR, so that's a potential 9 levels that could be used on VIT or END. (though I'd have to forego the machete, since that requires 27 STR to 2H)

    The Zweihander has 148 more AR when chaos infused compared to normal.

    If it's not worthwhile compared with infused weapons, how does it compare when taking charcoal/gold pine resins in to consideration?

    Also worth noting is I'd have 0 attunement slots with this build unless I sacrifice some VIT/END.

    submitted by /u/zxcv444
    [link] [comments]

    Created this pleasant Dark Souls Mix, balanced between epicness and drama

    Posted: 02 May 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    I like to reassemble soundtracks in order to reinvent them. Did the same with Dark Souls to create something that would not give you a heart attack while you listen to it. I added the DS cinematics on top just so there's something to look at. To be fair the Dark Souls Intro sequence has never been more epic. Listen to it here!

    submitted by /u/Lordingitup
    [link] [comments]

    A helpful invader

    Posted: 01 May 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    So I started a new character, being a sorcerer and I got invaded. My first response was oh no I'm gonna get smashed, as I'm not used to mage builds. As I was scouting around the area looking for this person BOOM! (That was his? Name) was right behind of nowhere, out of blue he dropped 5 humanity. What a lad.

    submitted by /u/CadenTheWorld
    [link] [comments]

    How to deal with bat wing demons in anor londo?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    Those guys are the most annoying thing ive ever seen. Their attacks are lightning so my black knight shield is useless and as long as there are 2 or more they will stunlock me and kill me, i cant heal, i cant attack, i cant move, i cant roll, i can just watch my health go down.

    I tried to use a bow but my build is strength based using a black knight sword.

    How can i kill them and how can i stop them from stunlocking me? I have 27 str and 20 dex, max equip load 89

    submitted by /u/TheRealMoistNapkin
    [link] [comments]

    Why did we let battle of stoicism die?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    I know Oolacile township is the best PvP zone in the game and it's pretty active. But it is it's own thing. Invading is super fun and gank squads are hilarious, don't get me wrong. But this week I told a friend we should try the Dais arena, and holy fuck was that great! There comes a point in the game and character build, where humanity and souls aren't relevant anymore, which is the main reason people don't use it. Being killed and immediately being able to get revenge is a satisfaction that normal invading does not provide. Learning your opponent's aces up their sleeves, and being able to use yours. Not just a one shot back stab or sorcery attack. It really makes you feel powerful. Makes you feel like all that time spent getting good was worth it. Maybe we're not used to it, but I propose We start using the battle of stoicism. I play on PS4, so if any of you want to fucking rekt me in there, I'm down for it. Be safe out there, and don't you dare go hollow.

    submitted by /u/itchyballs42069
    [link] [comments]

    How do i beat atorias?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    Soft-banning

    Posted: 01 May 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    How are you able to tell if you are soft banned on the ps4

    submitted by /u/carsonator204
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment