• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 2, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 01 May 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The Bearer of the Curse kills 4 demigods because they can't climb over a small pile of rubble

    Posted: 01 May 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    DS2 is £7 on steam. Is it worth it?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    For context, I've only played DS3 and I've heard that DS2 is the "black sheep" among the souls games

    submitted by /u/ChurchOfChurches
    [link] [comments]

    Update on my no death run

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    So things could be going better. Here's what happened. Attempt 1: made it to no man's wharf after killing the last giant and the pursuer, got stunlocked off into the deep water by a Vengarian. Attempt 2: "accidentally" attacked Licia too many times, got spammed with wrath of the gods and thrown off the edge...

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    I killed the Woman in the beginning

    Posted: 02 May 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    Guys I know that you can reset all your stats but for that you need to talk to the woman at the beginning right? So when I started to play the game I just killed this Woman who was not sittin, like there were 4 of them. After that non of them either talks to me anymore and I can't reset. Is there any other method how I can reset my stats ?

    submitted by /u/PoupsiLight
    [link] [comments]

    All challengers stream.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    I'm a newer streamer and I want to do a run of dark souls 2 sotfs on pc where I will challenge every summon sign, red and dragon included. I wanted to ask if anyone on this community would like to help me make it crazy hard.

    submitted by /u/TheGrandSouls
    [link] [comments]

    Question on DLC Lore

    Posted: 02 May 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    Did Shulva, Eleum Loyce, and the Brume Tower exist at the same time with Vendrick's kingdom or are they set on separate timelines or perhaps overlapped even for a bit?

    I know Fume Knight was a rebel that got defeated by Velstadt who then fled to the Brume Tower but it's not clear to me if the Old Iron King was still present when he arrived or if the only thing he found there was the remnants of Nadalia.

    Eleum Loyce and Shulva's stories are pretty self-contained for the most part. It is not mentioned in the wiki however if Sir Yorgh and his Drakeblood Knights had any connection to Vendrick or were from another kingdom altogether.

    Thank you to anyone who can answer and I apologize if this has already been discussed, at the very least I couldn't find any more info using the search function and VaatVidya's videos only mentioned the side bits in passing.

    submitted by /u/bbbbbap
    [link] [comments]

    The Old Iron King's Downfall

    Posted: 02 May 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    At Eygils Idol Bonfire you can look out the eyes of the bull to see the surrounding landscape. On one side you see a sea of lava and a volcano pouring out lava but on the other side you just see charred and burnt land. As you enter the boss fight you see the sea of lava and then the boss emerging with the volcano in the background. I believe the volcano is the main cause of the destruction of the Old Iron Kingdom.

    We know that many of the kingdoms had a big problem with the undead and attempted to get rid of them by any means necessary. Most simply imprisoned them, but the OIK did something different. He threw them in the volcano to dissolved their bodies completely. Unfortunately, this allowed their soul essence to permeate the molten rock and combine together to create the smelter demon.

    The earth spouted fire, and a beast arose from the flames. The short-sighted king was incinerated by the creature in one swing, and his castle devoured in a sea of flames.

    The smelter sword seems to suggest that this is the case. A volcano erupting can be described as the earth spouting fire.

    The corpse of the Old Iron King became the vessel that bred Ichorous Earth. The heavy rock tip is formed of cooled magma, with a still-smoldering core.

    The Iron King Hammer also seems to suggest this is the case. Since the word Ichor means blood, the blood of the earth could very well be lava flowing. Followed immediately by the word magma in the next sentence seems to further suggest the volcano was the reason the kingdom fell. This also suggests that a corpse and soul dissolved in molten rock can be transfigured into a new form.

    The Iron King's flesh was charred, and his soul possessed by the things that lurk below.

    The things that lurk below are the souls of all the undead the king had melted. Similar to the Rotten or Nito absorbing other undead.

    In Summary, The Old Iron King attempted to get rid of his undead by throwing them into the nearby volcano and melting them completely. This resulted in the creation of the smelter demon and the eruption of the volcano. The smelter demon killed the OIK and threw his body into the lava in retaliation for all the undead he had thrown into the lava. The lava absorbed the OIK soul and created the Ichorous Earth Demon.

    submitted by /u/Ktownkemist
    [link] [comments]

    Blacksteel Katana infusion

    Posted: 02 May 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    40 dex, 40 int and 40 faith.

    I use the Blackstell Katana in dual wielding, should I infuse them with a Darknight Stone or it's not worth it?

    submitted by /u/ordinarydepressedguy
    [link] [comments]

    This game really brings in the bread towards the end (possible spoilers)

    Posted: 02 May 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    I've only ever played through Vanilla DS2 once and never took the urge to play it again.

    I picked up SotFS on sale on PS4 and although the beginning doesn't really hold up to the other From legends, I feel like it's coming into its own now.

    It began to hit it's stride for me at Drangleic Castle, with the dramatic flair of the thunderstorm and the Emerald Herald showing up. But the best moment for me was playing it last night and getting to the Dragon Shrine where the dragon guards bowed at me and let me be, before proceeding to batter me for running away from a fight. I just thought that was an amazing quirk and I was walking around, bowing like a bastard to all of them, just because I could.

    Anyway I'm near end game now, I'm going for the Aldia ending and I haven't even played the DLCs yet! Very good work DS2, take the rest of the day off, I insist. Good luck!

    submitted by /u/Mr_Chuffy
    [link] [comments]

    DLC's on NG or NG+?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    I've never experienced the NG+ playthrough in this game, so I made a character for that purpose specifically. Went through the whole game in about 10 hours getting the weapons I wanted. Now, having beat it, I'm uncertain as to what I should do first: go to NG+ and complete the DLC's then, or do them right now and play through NG+ later.

    The way I see it, doing them in NG allows me to get all the advanced gear and loot before going to NG+. On the other hand, doing them in NG+ allows me to do them at different points in the game other than the very end, since my character will already be prepared.

    I used the search function and found many posts with people mostly talking about the difficulty, as in, it's hard as fuck from NG+ onwards. For those of you who experienced both versions, which one do you think is most enjoyable or offers the most benefits? In terms of challenge, my character can absolutely curbstomp the base game with ease, so I don't think the DLC's in NG would be all that hard, even if they are a step above, especially since I've played them before a couple of times.

    submitted by /u/reddituser_96
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Knight

    Posted: 02 May 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    I just...I'll be fine, just let me calm down. Might go for a long walk or a nice ice bath. Serenity now....serenity now...

    submitted by /u/enthusiasticdave
    [link] [comments]

    SoTFS - An apology

    Posted: 02 May 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    I'm sorry B Team. I'm Sorry DS2:SoTFS.

    I clocked 420 hours in OG DS2 and I admit to liking it now (took some doing and some fixing of the wonky controls - I'm a PC).

    SoTFS was heavily discounted and I said "heck why not, to complete the set I guess". I got it and am playing it.

    And the Pursuer won't give me quarter! Every corner! Every room!

    And. I. Love. It!

    So yeah... Sorry B Team. Heartfelt sorry. I like this one too.

    Now, to find the easiest place to fight the MF in Lost Bastille, the room under the bonfire is NOT the right spot...

    submitted by /u/reddicted82
    [link] [comments]

    Let's give this a try

    Posted: 02 May 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Attempting my first ever no death run, wish me luck!

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    What does the Birds drop

    Posted: 02 May 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Guys what is the best item the birds can drop for you and what was the best you got ?

    submitted by /u/PoupsiLight
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t Use torches?!

    Posted: 02 May 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    I know that I have collected some torches but 1. I can't find them anywhere in my inventory and 2 i can't go to the bonfire and select it there. How I use them??? I'm playing scholar of the first sin edition

    submitted by /u/PoupsiLight
    [link] [comments]

    I have something I wanna rant about

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Keep in mind that this is my opinion. I've tried so hard to like DS2. I've put many many hours over multiple playthroughs of DS1 and even more so into DS3. However, I can't get behind DS2. I'm trying so hard to play through the game, but its driving me nuts. Its nothing like the other installments in the franchise. There seems to be no i frames when dodging, enemies seem infinite in number and will chase you to the ends of the Earth, there's no such thing as hyper armor, and, in my opinion, its not very well designed. I've made it all the way to the Iron Keep and am about to fight smelter, but I end up wasting most of my healing items just getting to the boss. I've been using a pure str build with the greatsword. Maybe my play style is wrong, but I can't seem to get the mechanics down. Any advice to make liking the game or making the game less bs is welcome. Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong? Idk. Rant over.

    TLDR; I can't get behind DS2 because a lot of the mechanics being the way they are

    submitted by /u/SentByZombies
    [link] [comments]

    The best way to read up on the lore?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    Should I get Dark Souls 2?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    The bundle with everything is only $10 right now on PlayStation and I'm currently playing through Dark Souls (loving it btw) and have played through Dark Souls 3 countless times. However my friends tell me not to get it and it's the worst souls game and all of that but what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/mizo_groov
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone drop me 1 flame butterfly

    Posted: 02 May 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    I am on ps4 and currently doing my no death no bonfire run I messed up and have no flame butterflys also I can't light the bonfire I am in earthen peek at the windmill please I need help

    submitted by /u/Aaron_NeedLife
    [link] [comments]

    realistic coop build

    Posted: 02 May 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    hi that's my "realistic builds

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls2/share?uid=F260706"

    please try it or say what you think

    submitted by /u/angelo1973260706
    [link] [comments]

    Man bruh

    Posted: 02 May 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Can you skip these credits could get run my monkey and shit still be rolling

    submitted by /u/cauzemythical17
    [link] [comments]

    Coop/group challenge runs

    Posted: 02 May 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    Looking for someone or a group to do some challenge runs and have a voice chat If interested hmu on snap @polar_per

    submitted by /u/Papa_Pepe01
    [link] [comments]

    Lag in duels?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    So I tried dueling first time and every game is laggy beyond believe and some are draws because connection is lost. Wtf is this? It's not my connection, is everyone playing DS2 from some 3rd wold country with bad internet or are DS2 servers really bad?

    submitted by /u/xiit
    [link] [comments]

    I might quit DS2

    Posted: 02 May 2020 04:44 AM PDT

    OK, this is going to be partly a ventilation post, partly asking for help probably, but I just have to get the chip off my shoulder.
    My very first Souls game was Dark Souls 3. After the initial difficulties I was totally hooked and I ended up playing the whole game twice spending 200+ hours with it (right now I'm on journey 3 but I mainly play it for nostalgia).
    After DS3 I was kind of hoping that DS2 would be easier to play as I'm experienced. First it was alright, I enjoyed the similarities and the differences, too, it was a bit like going back to a well known holiday resort that has changed a bit over the years but is still amazing.

    But then I had to face the sad truth which is hollowing - I was shocked to learn that with every death your health bar drops by 5% and at the moment human effigy is the only thing that can help me- however I spent a lot of time exploring and soul farming and I ran out of them pretty quickly - which means that even though I worked a lot on building up the health bar, almost any enemy would kill me with 2 slashes or so- which I find extremely frustrating and unfair to be honest.

    I'm at the upper gutter area. Beating The Last Giant was ridiculously easy, and I had no problem with the Royal Rat Vanguard either, but defeating The Pursuer for example with the current 50% health bar issues seems almost impossible. As for the phantoms/invaders Rhoy the explorer was extremely difficult while I killed Melinda on the first take.

    I am generally used to long range weapons, pyromancy, to be more precise, but this time I wanted to try something different, so I started as a knight (thinking that I would acquire pyromancy later nayway). But I am shocked that I still haven't been able to get hold of a pyromancy flame or anything similar, the only spell I can use is heal, as I have a chime but I can't use thunders or anything like that.

    In addition to all these at one point of the game I was so frustrated that I decided to delete it from my hard drive and as a parting gift I killed Emerald, the smith and basically all the characters that came my way (except the old ladies as relocating still seem an attractive option. I understand that it would take some time for her grave to appear in the game so I could level up again. But then I gave the game one more chance

    Sorry for the essay, but I just had to share. Don't get me wrong, I love the franchise, I love the whole Dark Souls universe, but at this point I'm just too frustrated and seriously contemplating quitting it.

    However, I would have some questions that might help me with the decision and I would really appreciate it if someone could answer them:

    - at this point of the game what's the easiest way to obtain anything that would help me using magic when attacking?

    - I've just acquired the ring of soul protection - is it going to be a long term solution for this? I know that there is the other ring (Ring of Life Protection I think) how hard is it to get hold of that?

    So thanks for reading and sorry about the length. I'm just curious: am I the only one who thinks that DS2 is way harder than DS3?

    Is it worth keep going? (Well this is kind of a rhetorical question).
    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/Artyohm
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment