• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 26, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    You Are My Sunshine (Fan comic)

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/GKoAJ1t

    Had this idea for a comic kicking around in my head for a while now. Quarantine finally gave me time to make it a reality!

    Hope y'all enjoy, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out :')

    submitted by /u/Fluff_Mark_II
    [link] [comments]

    Seath the Scaleless is such a cool villain.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    Of the few actual bad guys in Dark Souls, Seath is easily the most memorable for several reasons.

    • Had a pretty solid plan to defeat the Chosen Undead. "If you can't kill something, lock it up forever" makes far more sense than "eh, they'll give up eventually". In fact, Seath actually would've succeeded if not for a certain incompetent snake guard.
    • Sends his minions all over Lordran to find and kidnap nice ladies to experiment on, most of which end up turning into horrifying abominations that live an existence of pain. Such villainy makes killing the bastard all the more satisfying.
    • Is blind, but has many eyes. That can dance.
    • Invented the ability to use a stick to shoot blue.
    • Has a cool villain backstory. Seath didn't think dragons were rad, so he helped Gwyn & friends annihilate almost all of his former pals. In return, Gwyn not only made Seath royalty, he gave him a gigantic library and a piece of the Light Soul. Unfortunately, Seath went bonkers during his research on the scales of immortality he wasn't born with, but he did end up granting himself invulnerability with a magic Game Genie GameShark crystal he stole from his dragon brethren when he defected.
    • Tries to kill the Chosen Undead by killing the framerate.
    submitted by /u/MetricGuard
    [link] [comments]

    Imagine you're a ogre thingy in blighttown

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    When you go into that cave entrance at blighttown there's those three ogre looking guys there, imagine you would be that ogre and you just live out your life vibing in the cave, and then suddenly some guy comes storming in, you try to attack him but he just runs around you and stabs you in the back every time you get up, what a life

    submitted by /u/BangoTrue
    [link] [comments]

    Artorias

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    Best/worst dark souls enemy to live your life as?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    Inspired by the post about the daily lives of the blighttown ogres, which enemy would you actually want to be in the souls universe, and which do you think would be most miserable?

    submitted by /u/space_poets
    [link] [comments]

    I found a way to get to darkroot garden without paying 20000 souls for the crest of artorias

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    I'm not sure how many people know about this, I've never seen a guide for it so I don't know if anyone really knows but after you kill the Hydra, if you're careful and have a light source, you can make your way around the waterfall to a ladder, climbing it will lead you directly to the garden.

    If this is already well known please tell me, I never knew until recently

    submitted by /u/Jasonpowerz
    [link] [comments]

    Which Dark Souls game has the best cover art?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    Whether it would be the American or Japanese cover of the games which one is your favorite? for me, It's probably Dark Souls 1 both the Remastered and Japanese cover and Dark Souls 3 the Complete Edition cover those were my personal choices cuz I think they would look really good as a poster to hang.

    submitted by /u/peridot666
    [link] [comments]

    Parry timing

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    Can someone help me understand the parry timings of every weapon? I only know how to parry greatswords, I'm having trouble mostly with katanas, straight swords and curved swords.

    submitted by /u/PhoneID
    [link] [comments]

    Claymore+7 basically useless in sen's fortress

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    I'm on my first playthrough of the remaster, and I just rang the second bell and entered sens fortress. My claymore+7 (highest upgrade I can get right now without farming for items) only does 40 damage to the basic snake enemies, this can't be how i'm supposed to fight them, right? Seems weird to only be doing 40 damage when I can't get behind them to backstab because i'm on a narrow platform with swinging axes trying to kill me.

    submitted by /u/Trappedingold
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get darksouls 1

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    I have beaten Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, and blood-borne. Dark Souls 1 is currently on sale on PS4 and so is the Dark Souls 3 season pass. Do you think I have more fun with Dark Souls 1 remastered or with the DLC for Dark Souls 3

    submitted by /u/ninjah282
    [link] [comments]

    Was doing a challenge run when I got the most unlikely death

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    https://clips.twitch.tv/YummyBrainyTurtleNomNom Was working on my SL1 no weapons run when out of the blue I got sniped by the most unlikely for... A vagrant! I'm in awe of how unlikely that death was 10/10

    submitted by /u/DopeyBadger
    [link] [comments]

    I'll be hosting a 24hour livestream event for COVID-19 relief featuring both DS1 and DS3!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    Video regarding all details for the event!

    I call it the ESTUS FLASKS FOR FACEMASKS! event. Hope to see you all there!

    TL;DR;

    24 hour livestream event for COVID-19 relief on:
    May 2nd, 10AM, EST
    until
    May 3rd, 10AM, EST.

    The stream will consist of me (a complete noob at the franchise) playing through the first and third Dark Souls, with certain twists and handicaps thrown in from viewers in chat, via either channel points or donations.

    Useful links:
    Channel we'll be streaming on: https://www.twitch.tv/kingboomber
    Worldtimebuddy: (To figure out what time for you we go live) https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=5&h=5&date=2020-5-2&sln=10-11
    The fundraiser itself: https://donate.tiltify.com/@kingboomber/estus-flasks-and-facemasks

    Thanks in advance, hope we can help out whatever way we can, stay safe and stay healthy!

    submitted by /u/Kingboomber
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one that can't see the ledge in front of the Hydra whatsoever?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    I finally managed to beat him after falling a million times, but I checked to see if its even visible at all through the water afterwards and couldn't see shit. It was especially annoying cause the last head kept striking super close to it so and I would constantly fall trying to get to it. I'm playing the remastered version so maybe the reworked graphics are causing problems, anyone else run into this or am I just blind?

    submitted by /u/LounginLizard
    [link] [comments]

    I honestly think the Chandler's trident is underrated.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    Alot of people see this as a joke weapon but it has decent damage and is borderline broken when used with summons.

    For those that don't know, the weapon's special ability increases the damage of anything within a certain distance by 40%. Which is massive.

    You can easily utilize this right before a boss fight with your summons or abuse it whenever someone invades you.

    If I'm being a sunbro I'm definitely going to be using this to help people.

    submitted by /u/SlinGnBulletS
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me with O&S

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    I got really into dark souls a few years ago and I got to the ornsteign and smough fight and ever since then once a year I try to get back into it and spend like a month straight trying to beat them and eventually give up. Can I've given up and came back to the game like three times now... can anyone help me beat them? I just created quelaags fury sword to help and I still couldn't do it

    submitted by /u/KingOf3th
    [link] [comments]

    Question about DS: Remastered for the Switch

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    Just wondering if anyone else has this issue, or if there's anything known in terms of getting it fixed. I'm having some sound issues, for example I can't hear NPC's when I am directly in front of them. I also cannot really hear my weapon hit, only when the camera is close to the enemy I'm hitting (for example in a small corridor). It seems like they tried too hard to make it immersive by making it seem like the camera is a person too? Could I fix this by changing some settings in the game or inside the Switch's settings?

    Also, I know about the sound compression but I don't notice it (might have low quality speakers lol) maybe only on Vamos.

    submitted by /u/OmegaTangent
    [link] [comments]

    So is there an actual strategy for the Anor Londo archer?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    I've only ever been successful jump attacking him hoping I don't jump off.

    submitted by /u/Lockfire12
    [link] [comments]

    Black Knight Halberd or Abyss Greatsword?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    In every game, I'm obsessed with looking as badass as I possibly can, so I thought the abyss greatsword would make a fine addition to my weapon loadout. I used a claymore before anyway. However, the damage BKH does is absolutely monstrous, and has longer reach than the AG. Which one should i use?

    submitted by /u/Doggydadog
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about DS3 co-op campaign

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    Hello everyone my brother and I have been looking at dark souls three for awhile and have wanted to play it together but we have several questions regarding the campaign. I am aware you need to defeat the first boss and tutorial area before you can summon each other and we also heard if you're level100 and go down to a level 1 players world you will be nerfed a bit. This fine since we both will be level 1 when we play however does the nerf hinder the progression of the guest? I don't want one of us dying more often than we should because we are forever a lower level than we should be, does the guest level up based on what he finds in the hosts world? Any advice on this is hugely appreciate , even small things so please say EVERYTHING.

    submitted by /u/purified-water1010
    [link] [comments]

    Best paladin build?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:47 PM PDT

    I'm going for one with high defence, miracles, a good weapon, fast roll, sl 125 and viable in PvP, like moose torrents faith build, try to base it on that.

    submitted by /u/reetmandood
    [link] [comments]

    How high can I unlock the fps with DSfix on the prepare to die edition of DS1 without breaking the game?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    The .ini file says "do not set this much higher than 60, this will lead to various issues with the engine", but I never played this game before so I have no idea if putting it at 85-90 will for example makes enemies take more damage or something.

    Has anyone experienced with this? Should I just stop being a little bitch that wants 144 fps on every game (144hz monitor) and just swallow the 60 fps fix? I'd appreciate just maybe a 80-90 FPS if that doesn't fuck with the game too bad.

    thank

    submitted by /u/LonelyAri
    [link] [comments]

    Is Seath related to the royal family of Lordran / Lothric via Gwyn's younger children?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    I havent watched all the lore videos, so excuse me if this is already cannon or old news, but it has occurred to me recently how 'Seath like' a lot of Gwyn's children are. I also presume Prince Lothric and the consumed King are descended from the same line back to Gwyn, and they are ALSO extremely 'Seathy' (especially the consumed King).

    I think I heard somewhere that Seath might have married into the family, possibly Gwynevere, but that doesn't explain how Gwyn's younger children are all exyremely Seathy (translucent white skin, tails / tentacles, tendency towards magic).

    Either Seath had an affair with Gwyn's wife, or... it occurs to me that the mother of Gwyn's children is mysteriously absent from the world of Dark Souls. There are a lot of Mary and child style statues in DS1, and also in 3, but it's never explained who they are. This might seem a bit left field but what if Seath was the mother of Gwyn's younger children? How do we know Seath is male, aside from it being alluded to that they were made a "duke"? Is Seath gendered as male in the original Japanese?

    Another idea is that Seath is the son of Gwyn with another dragon, this might explain why he doesn't have scales like other dragons, and also why he was called 'duke'. Maybe Gwyn's "youngest children" are actually his grandchildren?

    In anycase, there appears to be mounting evidence that Seath Sex did occur.

    submitted by /u/dampine
    [link] [comments]

    I just got my dragon body....

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:08 AM PDT

    It is sooo op. I 2 hand my bk + 5 gs and then just scream and I do insane damage. I'm in ng+ and planning on doing ng+2 and I think this would be perfect for it. I'm ( if I say so myself) pretty good at dodging and parrying and I have good stability and endurance so I think for bosses if I just scream then attack it would do the trick. Is there any tips on how to get mega damage. Ik you can use crystal weapon and then scream and like 3 shot bosses

    submitted by /u/SheldonDTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment