• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 26, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Darksouls 2 pvp 2020?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    I bought the PS4 version and had some fun but now my friend wants to play it cause he wants to complete the soulsbourne series, I will be helping him but now I'm starting a new playthrough I wanna know how frequently I will be able to invade/get invaded and if this will happen throughout the whole game or if there will be "hotspots." I play on PS4 and unfortunately live in Australia but am still keen whatsoever so any feedback will be great!

    submitted by /u/pooie_bumole
    [link] [comments]

    Leydia Witch Cosplay

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    A piano cover I made of Scholar of the First Sin a few years back

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    My DS2 experience so far

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    I just wanted to share my experience of playing this game because this subreddit is super cool and I appreciate all of your for contributing and helping supplement my DS2 experience. This is my first time playing a SoulsBourne game, and it seems I'm going at a ridiculously slow pace (40 hrs in, level 75, only killed the first three bosses) I went with the sorcerer build and have ran with it, putting most of my points in intelligence followed by attunement and faith. I just want to say I love this game it's so freaking fun and I can't remember the last time I've played a game this enjoyable. I play a lot of Metroidvanias and turn based rpgs and since seeing trailers of sekiro I've been itching to play a 3D platformer and this is so fun. I love exploring and learning the new areas and the freedom the game gives you with exploring and building your character. And to me it's sooo creepy exploring a new area it's a surreal adrenaline rush! Anyway rant over I can't wait to finish it I'm already imagining ng+ and another play through with a different build I just wanted to share my experience cuz I have no one to talk about this with!

    submitted by /u/eatvegjacksonic
    [link] [comments]

    SOTFS alternativa ending

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    I am about to finish the game and I have already met Aldia for the third time. I am following a guide to fight him at the end of the game but in another guide I saw I have to kill Vendrick before Nashandra to fight Aldia. Is that true??

    submitted by /u/IanBoss55
    [link] [comments]

    Level Up Warning

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    I just reached level 95 but as I went to confirm my level up, a warning popped up. I'm so used to skipping through the dialogue that I didn't notice it until I'd already hit ok.

    The thing is, I can't find the warning on Google at all. Does anyone know what it was?

    I'm 2 great souls in to the game, SL95 and was raising my VIT to 20.

    submitted by /u/DuckSaxaphone
    [link] [comments]

    Fume knight help

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    Started this game a week ago and somehow stumbled across this dlc area (I guess the doc came with the game) and I have so much trouble pushing through it. I can't beat the boss because I only have 1 wedge left and there's 4 of those witch things and he just heals the whole time. Can anyone join my game to help me fight him or give some tips? Thanks

    submitted by /u/YungKrab
    [link] [comments]

    This game feels like going back home

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    i don't know if it's because it's the first souls i played, but somehow this game feels right, when i play dark souls 1 or 3 i feel as if i was foreigner, everything feels off, thoughts? Also majula.. it feels strangely cozy. I always come back to ds2 no matter what. like a moth to a flame..

    submitted by /u/TrustyPawn
    [link] [comments]

    Managed to kill Burnt Ivory King with one of the knights still alive.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    Even better the knight got the final hit in, incase you're wondering what happens they just teleport out and wait for your next assault on the old chaos.

    submitted by /u/RyanK17
    [link] [comments]

    The Bearer of The Curse is the best Player Character iteration in the Souls series

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    There are two things about the BoC that really stand out to the Choosen Undead and Unkindled One:

    • Emphasis on choice
    • Their experience with the Curse

    To begin with the former, the game's narrative, through The Emerald Herald and Aldia, emphasizes how the final decision is just that: your decision. Even if you're relighting the Flame, The Emerald Herald's final words are "what lies ahead only you can see." Even your motivations are entirely up to you. Sure, you're root goal is the break the Curse, as it is anyone's, but why you're doing so is up to you. Aldia even pokes fun at this, claiming not even you know why you're doing this, but that just adds a level of immersion. This really helps put you into the world of Drangleic and into the shoes of the Bearer. You aren't following the orders of giant snake or some firekeeping waifu, you have you're own agenda, even if it comes to two root choices.

    The latter point however, I feel is a far greater example as to what makes the BoC the best stand in. In each game you're told how terrible it is to have the Curse and to be cursed, but this is the only game where it really eats away at you with the Hollowing mechanic. Each death leaves you with a lsiver of less health, making you feel weaker and perhaps more frustrated, which in turn makes you more shortsighted and aggressive. Or perhaps you just quit all together. It does a great job making you feel the Curse. By comparison, the worst you get in DS1 is looking like a piece of jerky, and in DS3 you're a whole new being, one that doesn;t have to worry about the Curse (which honestly makes Hawkwood's complaints about the Unkindled seem whiny by comparison.)

    In summary, choice and Curse immersion really throw you into the BoC's shoes in a fantastic way. The only other player character I think comes close is the Good Hunter of BB, which like the BoC also has a freedom on choice, agenda, and the Rally mechanic really helps immerse you into the world.

    submitted by /u/MirrahPaladin
    [link] [comments]

    Cant invade

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    I keep trying to invade people but every time i try it says " unable to find world to invade". Someone said that maybe its because i got softbanned cuz i cheated. The things is, im on ps4 and i dont know how to cheat. Could someone help me?

    submitted by /u/Makxspeed
    [link] [comments]

    HELP, I ATTACKED THE MAGIC LADY!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    Oh. My. God. Biggest mistake of my dark souls run so far. I was trying to get into huntsman corps to progress further into the game and I accidentally attacked this magic lady that apparently i am supposed to pay 2000 souls to in order to unlock the area. Now, shes the bane of my fucking existence. She insta aggros the second I come into her field of view and I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to kill her. Her attacks are hard to dodge (the air circle one) and shes generally unpredictable. And I would be fine with all of that, if only she didn't heal.

    I have spent the last 20 lives trying desperately to get her to die but right as I am about to kill her she heals right back up to 3/4 health.

    What do I do?

    Edit: I am a coward, and I have paid off Cromwell after too many failed attempts, I feel like quite the hollow right now.

    submitted by /u/CalvinsOlderBrother
    [link] [comments]

    I’m new to RPGs

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    I need serious help I'm decent at recognising patterns and am somewhat okay with numbers but all of the hidden stuff in this game is just beyond me like I just need advice of what I'm supposed to do and the best weapon and armour for a strength slash adaptability build like I want to hit hard fast and then still have enough stamina to dodge

    submitted by /u/LKMDEMON
    [link] [comments]

    Item randomizer

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Could someone please tell me how to activate item randomizer as I am new to modding and don't know what to do

    submitted by /u/I_am_Chicknooget
    [link] [comments]

    To the invading spirit in Forest of Fallen Giants while I was trying to get the Platinum trophy

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    I was just trying to get through the game for the first time and I'm currently trying to get the Platinum. I'm not super good at PVP so I'm gonna have to grind the covenent items. It'll be a pretty long journey for me and when I got invaded, I just sighed because I figured it was time to get my ass kicked.

    Then the weirdest thing happened. There was some guy who was just walking around really slowly in black robes. I forgot his name but it was semi-laughable and semi-terrifying at the same time. I thought to myself that this guy was role-playing the "invading spirit" and I respect that.

    Out of my fear and the fact that this guy was walking, he seemed like an easy target. So I attacked him and did a little bit of damage. He didn't really attack much but when I attacked, he used a miracle of something that just one shotted me. Of course. Makes sense.

    So I'm going about my business, buying stuff from the merchant, etc. Then I get invaded by the spirit again. Alright, time to get my shit pushed in again. He comes up and is just walking around again. I figure there's no point in attacking him since it didn't do much last time. He gestured for me to walk into a corner so I thought I may as well respect a dude who can one shot me and walks around like his his dick drags on the floor with every step.

    So I get in the corner and this dude doesn't even face me. He uses some kind of spell that opens up a shortcut! I thank him with gestures and then he starts dropping +10 Alva armour and +10 elemental longswords!

    Honestly, dude, this has helped me out way more than you know. I'm not super bad, I just recently got the Platinum for Bloodborne. But this is going to make getting those covenant items and the three Playthroughs so much easier! Thank you so much! I love the Souls community!

    Side note: If anyone's currently trying to go for the Dark Souls 2 Platinum, I'm down to help each other out with quests and stuff!

    submitted by /u/WWABeardo
    [link] [comments]

    Is this game harder than it’s predecessor?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    I just finished Dark Souls Remastered and it's DLC and looking to jump into SOTFS. Now, I know the game is very different to other souls game as it's not being done by Hidetaki and there's a lot of hate towards this game from some people. The mechanics and everything has changed.

    Would this game be harder than Souls 1 or pretty much the same or easier ?

    submitted by /u/nickywan123
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Fume knight?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    Im on ps4 with 7 million soul memory

    submitted by /u/nonsonoLIOTARD
    [link] [comments]

    Warped Sword v Black Dragon Sword v Drakekeepers Sword - PvE

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    So I've been doing a few hours of research on the 'top' perceived weapons in DS2. I've beaten DS3 multiple times and have it down to a rhythm, but going through my first play-through of DS2 currently. (now at Shaded Woods).

    Through hours of Googling, and going through dozens of forums/reddit posts, the three swords [title] are what I'm seeing being the 'best'. I'm not looking for what will turn this into Easy Souls 2, but do want to go through efficiently. I have the Warped Sword already, but currently main Halberd +5 and kill most enemies in 2-3 hits, but like faster weapons with decent reach, 2h (no shield). I don't do PvP, so that isn't being considered.

    So I'd like to see what people have to say regarding these 3 weapons and how most people would compare them against each other. (I also saw a lot of talk about Heides Sword, but not included as I haven't seen as much regarding that).

    Edit: Playing Sotfs edition

    submitted by /u/WismicMusic
    [link] [comments]

    Help with weapons upgrades.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    This is my first run in this game, I started doing a sorcerer build but after some other post in this reddit I also started to use hexes as well, at the end I'm planig on having 50/40 or 40/40 or 50/50 int/faith. At this point of my playthrough I've defeated the giant lord and I'll start frozen elum loyce, and I need to upgrade my equipment.

    What are some of the best ways to get chunks? I've seen one using ascetics, but got afraid of fucking my save later. Also how exactly do infusions work, is the enchanted infusion worthless? For example since I'm investing in hex, a dark moonlight greatsword would be a good weapon? I'm using a +6 dark silverblack spear and +6 magic mace.

    submitted by /u/Charles_new_game
    [link] [comments]

    my build :)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    hello boys, i do a cool dark souls 2 build for pve, you can find it on mugen monkey his name is

    poison thief

    is a cool double dagger build, i think this build is a training build, i learn how to dodge better with this build whitout use a shield and how to save stamina, is not overpower and with it you learn how to challenge the area in tactic way please say what you think and try it

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls2/82852

    submitted by /u/angelo1973260706
    [link] [comments]

    I restarted the game and for the first time have good enough net for online.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    Oh my god, this game was an obsession like 2 years ago. But I could never play online without horrible lag, so I just finished the game 8 times in offline, because I loved it too much.

    Online though, was something I never tried and damn it feels good to do it. I have 3 mil SM after finishing dragon shrine just because I kept helping people atleast 4 times per boss. I have too many sunlight medals now :P

    Damn I love this game, and honestly just stick around in drangleic castle to help people with the final bosses, kinda surprised people are still on dragonriders though.

    I'm wondering what the ideal pvp SM and lvls are, I'll probably start a new character soon.

    submitted by /u/Undying_Shadow057
    [link] [comments]

    This game is so hard!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    On last black friday i got all the dark souls games and wanted to play them chronologically. I have finished 1 a long time ago, amazing game. But, 2 I can't seem to get anywhere. It is so much harder than 1. My favourite mechanic of 1 was parrying, I haven't been able to parry ONCE in this game. Weird outdated controls, hard to change. I spend hours on getting to the bosses, not actually fighting them which seems rather easy when that should have been the hard part! I have quitted several times, but seriously drew the line for a month ago with the poison, quantity of enemies and not knowing where to go in "Earthern Peak".

    Is the game going to get better later? Or is the challenge throughout enemies ganging up on you? I really wanted the full story and I think the story so far is actually very cool. But the levels before the bosses are hard in an unfunny way. I'm seriously considering just giving up on the dark souls series. 1 was hard, but 2 puts it to shame!

    Lastly, does anyone have any tips on the current area I'm in? I still want to get through, that would be a hell of an achievement for me.

    submitted by /u/TheTragicMagic
    [link] [comments]

    What if the Nameless King is somehow related to the Dragonriders

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    They both ride "dragons" and utilize polearms. Just some food for thought.

    submitted by /u/Weegaming
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment