• Breaking News

    Monday, April 27, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Drew a mimic on my iPad!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Fluid combat is not better combat

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    Demon souls, Dark souls 1, and dark souls 2 have slow, timing based, defensively themed combat.

    Bllodborne and dark souls 3 have faster, fluid combat with more emphasis on reflex and aggression (combat isnt all reflex, just more than previous games IMO)

    This is fine and I like that they are different. You can compare water to rock sure but you cant say which is objectively better. You could say that you think water is better because you could drink it, sure, but I could say that rock is better because It can crack a skull with ease and be just as right.

    submitted by /u/powderguy808
    [link] [comments]

    (Spoiler) Fuck this game

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    I was doing the quest to save Solaire by killing the sunlight magots so I chased one upstairs and then my internet disconnected when I got back in solaire was there with one of them in his head...

    submitted by /u/VCN6
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 1 is simply good.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    Hi y'all! I'm a long time Dark Souls fan and I'd played demons souls before it was a trend, dark souls too. Only, I was too young and couldn't fully appreciate them. Years passed and I didn't touch dark souls again. I went through DS2, DS3, Bloodborne and Sekiro, the most recent and consistently good Miyazaki work. Then we had this Easter sale on PS4 and I got DS1 to play again and boy, what a good feeling. I used to think this game hadn't aged well, but it is actually the best of the Souls series (I think Sekiro and Bloodborne should be appreciated separately). It's way better than DS3 even with less content. It just feels right. The pace, the world and I won't even get started on level design. It turns out that graphics, cool weapons and styles and stunning bosses aren't everything. The games just wins you over in it's simplicity and honesty on what it's meant to be and what it offers us. I do hate Tomb of Giants, though. Anyway, just wanted to share my joy. If you happen to stumble upon a golden summoning sing from Sir McHelp, that's me, proudly representing the Warriors of Sunlight.

    submitted by /u/Bjern98
    [link] [comments]

    Tell me something I don't know about Dark Souls, please!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    I think I know the souls series pretty well but there is always something new. What's some absurd or tiny fact about lore, gameplay, characters, etc.

    Thanks!

    Praise the sun yall :D

    submitted by /u/Hasnain_Ahmed7
    [link] [comments]

    Tired of Patches' shit, so i got rid of him, which confused him it seems

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    Is there a way to cancel power within

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I have too much vit (45) to use the crown of dusk and curse trick so I'm wondering if i can still cancel it. I'm trying to make a sort of glass cannon. I have enough health to survive with power within but I can't use rtsr with it

    submitted by /u/SheldonDTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls: Remastered FREE on PS Plus in May!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    Random Lloyd’s Talisman (DSR)

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 02:53 AM PDT

    So, I'm just starting up a new character, using the Master Key to try to run through Valley of Drakes, and I keep messing up and dying. After the second death, on my way back down, in the spot where Lautrec would normally be sitting across from the fire keeper, I find a dropped item. No idea how it got, as I didn't drop anything, and I haven't gone anywhere near the traditional start of the game. Nothing super remarkable, sure, but still weird. Has this ever happened to anyone else before?

    submitted by /u/simply_crestfallen
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire of Astora (Quick Pixel Art)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/nXpjaOn.png

    I am practicing Pixel art. For this one, I decided to "time limit" myself just to see. Done in 5-10 min.

    Hope you like it.

    submitted by /u/DelireMan7
    [link] [comments]

    Knight of Artorias is the first wall I’ve hit...

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    I've managed to make it through just about the entire base game (just offered the Lord Souls before Gwyn) without summons or really seeking any advice. But I'm making may through the AOTA DLC, and holy hell... Artorias literally makes every boss in the base game look like a joke, honestly. I haven't managed to get him to half health in the (probably close to) 10 attempts I've made tonight... is there something I'm missing? Or is it just learning to deal with his awkward timings and unpredictable moves? Idk, no other boss provided this much of a challenge, which, don't get me wrong, I am honestly stoked for (after having Sekiro demolish me, leaving me stuck on some bosses for over a week), and I'm excited to overcome a new challenge. Just didn't know if there are any obvious things I may be missing?

    submitted by /u/TheJoben
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls could be PS+ game

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    I joined cause I hear a very nice news, that the "Dark souls remastered" is coming to next month to PS+ games, even though I saw a whole walkthrough for the game, but I know that I will enjoy it despite all that.

    submitted by /u/idrees624
    [link] [comments]

    Weapons and Anor Londo

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    What's, in your opinion is the best weapon to get before defeating the Iron Golem and going to Anor Londo? Trying to figure out some good weapons to grab. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/gTk25-8
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Might be coming to PS Plus

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 02:18 AM PDT

    Has everyone heard the about the leak? Apparently Dark Souls Remastered might be coming for free in May!!

    https://cultureofgaming.com/ps-plus-may-games-leaked-rumour/

    submitted by /u/WillWJN
    [link] [comments]

    The one good thing about the Bed of Chaos

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    Bed of Chaos probably gets thrown around the most as the worst boss in Souls. I won't attempt to argue with that, however, I would like to say that there's at least one good thing about it. Particularly in its last phase, the fight just makes me feel like a badass, dodging fiery vine blades and running on the roots to get to the source of all the chaos around me as the arena falls apart. It's a really fun idea, almost like the end of some over the top disaster movie, but you get to be the Rock (Dwayne, not Havel). The mechanics of the boss definitely doesn't fit in Dark Souls, but at the very least, it's got more spice than kiting the Cave of the Dead trio around a pillar for ten minutes in Dark Souls 2.

    submitted by /u/TheGreatQ-Tip
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck in Anor Londo before O&S

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    EDIT: r/nattyg52 is awesome and helped me clear so I don't need help anymore

    I need a brave chosen undead to help me kill O&S. I made a new character with the idea of upgrading/doing as far as I can with no bosses. Started with the master key. Lol, I haven't even killed Taurus yet because I wanted to one shot him later. So, long story short, there's this glitch where you can parry an undead parish hollow by the Andre steps and trigger the death cam which will allow you to access sen's if you quit and reload. I did this, ran to the end of sens after picking off a few lizard men and snatching some gear, and being the idiot that I am, rested at the bonfire. Hahah, fuck. So, when I unlocked the short cut and tried to go back to Andre's bonfire the doors aren't open, I haven't rung either bell of awakening yet. With the help of good ol tark I was able to taken down the golem but now that I've made it to O&S I'm helpless. My best weapon is a lightening spear +3 and I'm weak

    Is it possible unfuck myself? If I kill O&S will I still get the lordvessel? It so I need a summon because I'm too weak to summon anyone but solaire lol

    Edit: I'm on switch

    submitted by /u/2019inchnails
    [link] [comments]

    Would you like to re-experience the music of Dark Souls?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    Hi! One of the smaller joys of leasure time for me is the reassembly of soundtracks, in particular for video games. The Dark Souls soundtrack is notorious for its fear enducing and creepy tracks that accompany the boss fights. I challenged myself to create a peaceful Dark Souls mix, believing it to be nigh impossible - I was wrong. The game has more than enough quiet, slow and beautiful music. "Peaceful" in a sense that it should not give the listener at heart attack (the game tends to do that). In my opinion the result turned out better than expected but JUDGE FOR YOURSELF.

    This mix is still quite epic and dramatic but it lacks the brutal flashbacks. Yes, I even included Ornstein & Smough. Now don't throw your phones away - surprisingly their music is more epic and positive than most of the other boss fight tracks! While editing this I discovered that the synergy between some of the songs is mindblowing and definitely creates a different vibe than what you are used to from Dark Souls.

    I added the Dark Souls cinematics on top of the mix. I am planning on creating a similar mix for Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3, so stay tuned if this is up your alley.

    submitted by /u/Lordingitup
    [link] [comments]

    Is basilisk curse stronger in Ng+?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    Great and unforgiving game, but I loved it!!!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    Just killed Gwyn for my first time after beating dark souls 3 and wanting more action. Decided best way to do that was Ds1. Killed Artorias in dlc and debating on trying to kill manus, reason I'm debating is because I don't wanna rip my eyes out 😂😂😂

    submitted by /u/Hunter_Marlin2424
    [link] [comments]

    For any new players struggling, my cheese strategy for the Capra Demon

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    I hate this boss. Everyone hates this boss. The dogs, the camera, the tiny arena, it's miserable. I'm think I finally figured out an easy enough strategy that's relatively straightforward. I'm using the knight for this strategy.

    The Firelink Shrine bonfire is my preferred checkpoint. It's kindled, so you'll have more estus at your disposal. Once you make your way through the basement of the Undead Burg, there's a shortcut down by the right of the Capra's Demon door that you can unlock to get back to the shrine easily. Cutting out the basement, with its dogs and hooded bandits, is incredibly helpful for preserving health going into the Capra Demon fight. You'll still have to fight a few but it's way more manageable now.

    Using the shortcut between the boss and the shrine will bring you into contact with a merchant. She sells charcoal resin which sets fire to your weapon. The Capra Demon is weak to fire so it's useful to have but not essential. Bear in mind you'll have to alternate between the charcoal resin and estus anytime you want to use either during the fight.

    Now for the boss itself, don't lock on to anything. Book it for the stairs in the back left of the arena. The Capra Demon will lunge. Roll forward and you should dodge. You might get nipped by a dog but do not engage until you're up the stairs. Locking on will fuck with your camera and movement, making it easier to get cornered and comboed.

    The dogs will follow you up the stairs. The stairs are narrow enough that they can only really come in a single file formation. The Capra Demon is big enough that his attacks will reach you anyway so be careful and be sure to put space between you and him if needed. Use your heavy attack on the dogs. As a forward thrust, it's unlikely to hit the wall: a waste of damage and stamina. The dogs should go down quickly.

    As for the Capra Demon himself, you want to back up to the platform runs from the stairs along the back wall. When the demon reaches top of the stairs, let him get a little close, then drop down. More often than not, he'll jump down after you. He suffers from landing stun every time he does, allowing two free hits or so (don't be greedy). You can mitigate your own landing stun by rolling as soon as you hit the ground.

    When the Capra Demon gets up. Run back up the stairs and repeat this process. His AI is janky enough that you should have a couple of seconds to heal or apply charcoal to your weapon. Continue to bait him into jumping down and you should be able to chip his health away until he falls. Be prepared for him to run back down the stairs on occasion which will require a risky dodge to get by. If you use the shrine bonfire, you should have enough estus to tank his hits.

    I know this is a tedious strategy but frankly this is a tedious boss. It's aimed at newcomers who want to use their current gear and level, without relying on glitch exploits and the like. Good luck, and enjoy the rest of the game.

    submitted by /u/Fardded_And_Shidded
    [link] [comments]

    Today was the day I realized you can see the Asylum demon before he jumps down

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Well I've gone through multiple playthroughs, I've platinumed the game, and I have just now realized you can see the Asylum Demon before he jumps down to surprise you. I really should be more observant.

    submitted by /u/IAW1stperson
    [link] [comments]

    I paid 30 humanity, but it don't work.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    That mute bitch just took all of my humanities and refuses to unlock the door. I ran over to ceasless discharge earlier in my game. Did that mess everything up?

    Edit: ok it's a different door at the demon fiiresage's door. Thank you problem solved.

    submitted by /u/racist_slur
    [link] [comments]

    Late to the party

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    So yes, I'm very late to the party, but I finished Dark Souls 3 twice during the quarantine and it's safe to say, it's really depressing to know that no other game will come close to this. The soundtrack, the story, the bosses, the design, Jesus. I'm not much of a gamer (I play a video game maybe... twice a year?), but this was a masterpiece.

    submitted by /u/PaleThingYHWH
    [link] [comments]

    Does the knight shield make enemies not notice you as easily? (ds1 ptde)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    It sounds like a dumb question, I know. I've done dozens of challenge runs and thought I knew everything about the game.

    I'm making my gf play through dark souls and while i was out, she farmed souls on undead parish/burg bridge where the dragon is.
    I asked why she's not wearing the grass cress shield and she said it was making enemies notice her(?)

    Turns out, when she has the knight shield equipped, she can run up to the first 3 enemies on the bridge (from the bonfire under where dragon sits) they don't notice her and she can backstab them. when she wears ANY other shield. they notice her before reaching them.

    Tried: walking, heavy armor, running, rings. everything. it's only when she wears the knight shield.

    Is this known? is this even true? I don't know what's going on. tried googling it, nothing.

    I'm confused. try it out for yourself. let me know what it is?

    submitted by /u/Rainekitty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment