• Breaking News

    Monday, April 27, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:16 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Majula, depression, love life and Dark Souls 2

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    Soo hey, I'm not really sure how this works, I literally just made a reddit account to post this. Everyone's got their own story with the Souls games. Everybody has their reasons to love these games. So here's mine.

    It was 2016, and i was struggling with depression from a lot of things: the girl I was seeing told me she was a lesbian, I had trust issues with everyone, I had very few friends by my side, I had very low self-esteem, all that stuff. I felt lonely, really lonely. And then I bought this game, without the slightest idea of what it was about. Fought my way through Things Betwixt (died like 15 times to the trolls), and finally arrived at Majula. At first I was like "wow, cool place, nice sunset". I had no idea how much I was going to love that place.

    So as the story progressed, I felt related to it more and more. I found relatable traits in all the characters: Saulden's feeling of defeat, Maughlin's (at least at first) awkward and shy personality, Shanalotte's despair, and the Hollowness (as I kinda felt a little hollow myself) and resolve to keep going of the Bearer of the Curse.

    And after every defeat, Majula was there to rest by the Bonfire. All the sounds in this game, all the dialogue, all the musical themes, all the characters and all of the moments I had in this game are precious to me, specially Majula.

    This game helped me through a lot and believe it or not, it helped me to recover from depression, at least a bit.

    I also met who would eventually become my girlfriend later on by the time I was playing this game. And a year and a half later she broke up with me. And guess which game had my back during the whole breakup process? So there's another reason I have such fond memories of Dark Souls 2.

    I know it's not the best Souls of the series, but it was my first and by far my most loved one, just for personal reasons (and don't get me started on the lore, top notch in my opinion)

    So that's it, another one of these Dark Souls 2 appreciation posts. I have no idea if anyone's gonna read this, I just wanted to express how I feel about this game since none of my friends have played it.

    If you got here, thank you for reading this. I really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/messi-pelado
    [link] [comments]

    Today I discovered that a tv show in my country uses the Majula OST. And it's awesome.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Just came here to tell you guys that someone thought he could get away with using this masterpiece and pass it off as their own.

    submitted by /u/Weshfrero
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Allone for the first time, man I am so happy about this fight :)

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    The run up to Alonne it's Iron Passage v2, actually what surprises me, the whole DLC is ridiculous in terms of ganks.

    But managed to beat the ninja with 8 Estus.

    This guy has no chill, his charges are fast, with low Agility I cant even imagine it's possible and he gives you no pause, just non stop charges. He even started a new combo faster than I could do 1 R1 with Iron Twinblade at some point. Also the time for Estus is very limited.

    Great fight in terms of music, moveset and arena(he moped the floor with me, no wonder it's so clean).

    submitted by /u/ChristianTheOne
    [link] [comments]

    [Fanart] Young Heide Knight stumbling upon an unknown land, hoping to find a beginning.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    The Gutter is absolutely terrible

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    It's like Blightown and Tomb of Giants merged together. Two of my most despised locations from Dark Souls.

    submitted by /u/bbbbbap
    [link] [comments]

    Cheesed the Dragonrider for the first time.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    And man, was it satisfying! I mean, he isn't that hard to fight as a melee character, but just making him kill himself is so satisfying.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    How many people here have managed to beat the game without any bit of help?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    With Dark Souls 3 it's pretty straightforward. Go through all areas, beat everything, take the 4 Souls and beat the last boss. You might miss the optional areas, but it's not that important.

    With Dark Souls 1 explore in every direction, starting from Firelink and you are eventually gonna get the 4 Souls and "discovering" the place for the Lordvessel and the Kiln isn't that hard, just "take the plunge" :)

    With DS2 you have to mentally backtrack and unless I have missed a lot of dialogue just straight up, just guess some of the things to do.

    I need to go back to Shaded Woods to access Aldia's Keep and eventually get the Ashen Mist Heart later. I have to access Shrine of Winter, then figure I need the King's Ring to open the doors from the Forest, then figure I need the Giant Kinship to trigger Nashandra bossfight. Were you able to do all of these blindly, not even looking a guide once? Cuz honestly I haven't

    submitted by /u/ChristianTheOne
    [link] [comments]

    Can't see Sellsword Luet summon sign in Aldia's Keep.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    I am human, and looking all over the area with the mirrors and mirror enemies to no avail. Is there something I have to do first?

    submitted by /u/pappa_fizz
    [link] [comments]

    i know this is a lot to ask

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    my save file got corrupted due to a power outage causing me to lose everything. including my illusory rings. if anyone knows anyone with them that could trade for them id be really grateful. i dont want to go through that all over again. no bonfire is easy but really time consuming but no death is pretty hard and takes me a couple attempts. ill farm any rare item or anything for the rings but if no one has them i understand.

    submitted by /u/wisecracker1023
    [link] [comments]

    best starting class and build for pure melee

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    So, I know the most will say knight but I started twice with knight and I just die.
    I will mostly use straightswords. Of course I will use my beloved longsword (cleared 3/4 of ds1 with a longsword) and if I will be able to, I will manage to get a sun sword. Of course i would also use a shield. I also want to use a bow for covering the distance, but if you think crossbows are better then I will listen your advice, cause I just need something to kill from the distance sometimes.
    According to this, what starting class should i really pick? I'm not a min max guy, I don't think I will even do some serious PVP, I will focus on PVE.
    So, for stats allocation I would go with a quality build (or should I get just the enough dex and spend more on str?), but could you help me with a good build? Cause stats looks a bit different from ds1.

    submitted by /u/koyuki98
    [link] [comments]

    anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    so ive been playing this game for months without problems...i recently have an error that states (an error occured while saving attemping to save) and it gives me an ok and cancel option and i have to press cancel and it sends me to the main menu...i havent touch the files or anything...can someone tell me how to fix it keeps happening its been 2 days with this problem

    submitted by /u/wisemanhere
    [link] [comments]

    Is DS2 playable with KB/M?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    Just finished up DSR. Looking to play DS2, my friend tells me I probably need a controller to play.

    So is it playable with KB/M? If so, how good/bad are the controls?

    submitted by /u/throwatmethebiggay
    [link] [comments]

    Yorgh's Ring is OP

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    I just tested it today... It allows you to reflect spells/weapon effects that hit you 25-50% of the time. But that is not the best thing. It allows you to reflect 100% of the spells if you hit them with your weapon as they come towards you, providing you timed it right.

    Now here's another catch - it also works if you're casting spells. It works especially well with Force, as it has a huge window of 'reflecting' i-frames. You can basically counter magic builds with this. And it looks so damn COOL

    submitted by /u/AutumnLeaf6701
    [link] [comments]

    Bradley-Of-The-Old-Guard

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    He who does not tremble at the sight of any being, living or dead. He who will draw all aggression towards himself to save his allies. He who heals those in need even when risking himself. Sir, it is you....you are the true Monarch.

    submitted by /u/ScissorLizardFish
    [link] [comments]

    Build for no death run

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    So im thinking of starting a no death run and i was wondering about what build i should go with. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/LvsFreak
    [link] [comments]

    Finally resuming my genocide run w/the DLCs; here's some numbers so far

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Completely cleared the main game, then decided I needed a break, which ended up stretching to a year and a half due to too damn many great PS4 games. Played in the meantime were Tales of Berseria & Vesperia DE, Horizon Zero Dawn, Final Fantasy XV, Assassin's Creed Origins & Odyssey, among others.

    Now I have to enter the DS2 DLCs with a year and a half of rust and no idea what the hell a lot of this stuff in my inventory is.

    People often ask here about availability of (or for gifts of) items, so I thought I'd post some numbers to show what's possible. Everything was acquired organically through offline PvE gameplay.

    My current status:

    Level 245; 292 deaths; Soul Memory 10,015,665

    VGR 50

    END 20

    VIT 49

    ATN 26

    STR 40

    DEX 26

    ADP 25

    INT 32

    FTH 30

    HP: 2108

    Agility: 105

    Carried weapons: Craftsman's Hammer +5; Maces with Fire, Magic, Lightning, Dark, all +10; Warped Sword +5; Fire Longsword +10; Lightning Heide Knight Sword +10; Rapier +10; Poison Ricard's Rapier +8; Dark Witchtree Branch +10; Dark Sunset Staff +5; Magic Black Witch's Staff +10; Lightning Priest's Chime +6; Dark Caitha's Chime +3; Dragonrider's Bow +5; Hunter's Blackbow +6; Dark Pyromancy Flame +10

    Usual armor & rings unless tweaking for situation: Drangleic Armor; Covetous Silver Serpent Ring +1, Jester's Gloves, and Tseldora Pants (total +35% to acquired enemy souls); and Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +1, Jester's Cap, and Watchdragon Parma shield (for big item discovery boost). Third ring is Chloranthy +1, and the fourth often rotates between Stone Ring, Binding, Restoration, or whatever else might be needed at the time.

    Some other current inventory of note:

    Healing: Estus Flask maxed at +5 w/12 uses, 118 Human Effigies, 68 Lifegems, 49 Radiant Lifegems, 42 Old Radiant Lifegems, 6 Elizabeth Mushrooms

    Upgrade materials: 16 Large Titanite, 1 Chunk, 39 Slab, 53 Twinkling, 6 Petrified Dragon Bones, 7 Fire Seed (only because I foolishly sold the original Pyromancy Flame after getting the Dark, not knowing that it's not a straight upgrade)

    Infusion materials: 7 Faintstone, 12 Boltstone, 9 Firedrake, 10 Darknight, 27 Poison, 36 Bleed, 16 Raw, 29 Magic, 14 Old Mundane, 9 Palestone

    Covenant items: 2 Sunlight Medals, 6 Dragon Scales, 3 Rat Tails

    TL;DR: You can grind much less than a genocide run and still go into the DLC pretty darn well equipped.

    submitted by /u/Calidore266
    [link] [comments]

    How do you beat that Guy?!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Seriously I'm stuck with the Pursuer for months now and it's starting to get annoying Could anyone just give me some tips or something like that? Thanks

    Update: He's gone! Finally Thanks to u/Too-many-Bees for pointing out the Balistas to me XD

    submitted by /u/JustAnOrdinaryEevee
    [link] [comments]

    Cale the Cartographer missing!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    He really just up and disappeared from the Majula. I've already exhausted his dialogue, but I went back to Forrest of Giants to check. He's not there either. What should I do?

    Edit: Last time I saw him was after I got the primal bonfires in Sinner's Rise. I'm at the Shrine of Amana right now in terms of progress through the game. I've lit quite a few primal bonfires, and I wanted to talk to him to see if his dialogue has changed.

    submitted by /u/Deadlift_til_death
    [link] [comments]

    Should I purchase DS2?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    I have never played DS1, or DS2, but I completed DS3, and Sekiro. I have heard mixed things about it, but after a few hundred hours in DS3 I am ready for a new game.

    submitted by /u/chui2ch
    [link] [comments]

    A question about Straid's predicament

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    He says himself he was turned to stone however long ago, however many kingdoms ago..

    Yet, how did he remain where he was as a statue with so many kingdoms coming and going?

    (apparently even as a statue you still have awareness.)

    My question is: did all these kingdoms after Ophalis keep moving Straid's statue around?

    UNLESS.... the exact location he currently is in, has been around since all the various kingdoms that have come and gone. But that seems like a stretch, since he is in the bastille, which itself sounds like something Straid doesn't recognize and is another kingdom that "came and went".

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/PuzzledKitchen7
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    What armor does the red knight in happy souls wear?

    submitted by /u/SouthernEast577
    [link] [comments]

    Overpowered invaders

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    I'm a veteran of the series but new to pvp, I'm addicted now as I love gettin' the stones from the Belfry, started over recently because I lost the Watchdragon parma, anyway, picked it up and was making my way back to the tower apart bonfire, didn't have any homeward bones, soul memory 185,000, all of a sudden get invaded by some asshole, who has the frickin' looking glass shield that one shots me with some telephone pole. How the hell is this possible at so low of a soul memory???

    submitted by /u/Ovennamedheats
    [link] [comments]

    All achievements!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    Normally I wouldn't draw too much attention to what many others have done, but this game took more mental fortitude to get all achievements than any of the other Soulsborne games I've platinumed. So happy to be done with the sunlight medal farming. Thrilled to add DS 2 to the 100% list.

    submitted by /u/jakelwils
    [link] [comments]

    Question about infusion regarding Zweihander....

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    I plan on using a strength build and ending at about 40 strength. Would infusing the Zweihander give me more damage than not infusing it?

    submitted by /u/HawtPackage
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment