• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 29, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    For all of you who say to go into the game blind:

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    You are the reason Solaire died. That's on you.

    submitted by /u/j0nnyboy
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else notice this?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    When you first get to Anor Londo, even on the off chance you have no idea who the boss is, the game tells you - in the two rooms with the Giant Sentinels there's two statues - one of Ornstein, in the room before the bonfire room and one of Smough, in the room leading to the Duke's Archives.

    I'm sure it's been noticed before, but I just thought it'd be cool to point out for those who haven't noticed. Even after many playthroughs it's the first time I've noticed it.

    submitted by /u/JonathanYippy04
    [link] [comments]

    I just linked the fire.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    After years of avoiding FromSoftware games because I thought they were and always would be too hard for me, and after one failed attempt where I quit at the asylum demon a few years ago, I bought DSR on the 13th. I thought, what better time than quarantine to try again?

    As of this writing, I just defeated Gwynn. I had my moments of frustration, sure, but nothing at all like what I had imagined. Death didn't feel like failure in this game. It felt like a lesson. That more than anything was so much more palatable to me than so many other games I've played.

    This game has been a beautiful, heartwrenching, exquisite experience. Thank you all for your help and patience. I'll definitely be playing NG+, but probably after playing 2, 3, and Bloodborne. If anyone wants to reccomend a specific order for those, I'd love to hear your thoughts. In the meantime, I'm going to sit with this feeling a while. This game really does change you.

    submitted by /u/katt-w
    [link] [comments]

    My drawing of the one true Lord

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    I took time here and there and created this over the span of a few weeks, hope you enjoy! My Drawing Here

    submitted by /u/AccursedAmygdala
    [link] [comments]

    The credits song is so perfect

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    I know Plin Plin Plon steals the feels spotlight, but I think Nameless Song does just as good of a job capturing that feeling of somehow non-triumphant closure and solemnity from having truly reached the end of your journey. It's one of the few instances where I'll let an entire credits sequence play out without checking my phone or doing anything else to pass the time: it offers me this chance to reflect on the experience I've had with this amazing game, and the mournful yet oddly dear tone of the song drives home the bittersweet feeling I always get when finishing this game. I don't mean to ramble, it just resonates with me in a way very few artistic mediums ever have come close to...looks like I'll have to start a new character for the fifteenth time to experience it all over again :)

    submitted by /u/The_Defiler
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 co-op shenanigans: queuing for Taurus

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    I started an SL1 co-op playthrough with some friends yesterday and we had some wild fun queuing up to plunge onto Taurus Demon. It's maybe just a little bit stupid.

    submitted by /u/FeisTemro
    [link] [comments]

    I'm playing Dark Souls for the first time ever, and having loads of fun.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    I can't believe I let this game pass me by. The bleak atmosphere and claustrophobic areas turned me away for many years but with this quarantine in place I decided to give it a try after playing through Star Wars Jedi: Fallen order and hearing it's a sort of souls-lite game. I've been loving the game so far and wish I'd just played the damn game sooner.

    However, I understand there are certain... opinions.. people have about playing this game for the first time. Acknowledging that, I'd like to collectively piss off the whole community using just four words:

    I'm using a guide.

    submitted by /u/Aquatic-Vocation
    [link] [comments]

    My story: Dark Souls and how it affected me.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Sorry for my bad grammar, I struggle to write a lot most of the time but anyway. Basically since the age of 10 I've gone through and still am going through a very dark time. At that usually innocent age I felt like I had no purpose due to my father disappearing and the only man who ever had time for me dying (my great grandfather at 72) without me having to get to say goodbye. It gets to you, there I am at high school four years later and my friend and I were discussing games (my only escape) and he mentioned a game called dark souls. At first I was sceptical Because of how hard it was according to him but I liked RPGs so I gave it a shot. That entire night I sucked, I died over and over again until I eventually broke, screaming and crying. All of that pain from years of keeping it to myself, I basically shut down because I got nowhere. However something awoke in me, a sudden urge to prove the game wrong. That I wasn't worthless, that I wasn't hollow like that crestfallen warrior called me (IRL and in the game) after each boss kill I felt like I had more of a purpose since those fights were so hard and agonisingly difficult but I beat them, my primary purpose though was to link the flame in the kiln and soon to realise in my heart as well. Since games were the only coping mechanism I had I wasn't gonna let one game take that from me, I practiced for hours and hours each day. It didn't matter that I died in the depths or by gravity, a gank or attack I didn't see coming. I learnt to be resilient and learn from my errors, I took this approach to my schoolwork too. Not because I liked it but because I wanted to get my work done ASAP to go home and play it again. I soon reached a physical and mental wall though, anor londo. It felt like nothing I did was working, I would always fail the rafters or get taken out by those fucking archers, tears were shed, nights were spent crying from the familiar feeling of worthlessness. For weeks after that I kept trying despite the overwhelming urge to give up, analyzed my mistakes but it seemed useless until I discovered one thing. Parrying. I came across it by an accidental successful riposte on the paining guardian by the ladder. I was ecstatic, finally a new option, a key to my next chapter. PROGRESS! I practiced over and over on those mobs, dying to gravity in the process but I didn't stop,wanting to master it. When I felt confident enough I finally took those archers back on and ran up that fucking ramp like nothing could stop me, running to the right one and rolling past all the shots, parrying his first sword attack having learnt the weapon contact timing and finally making it. It was around 2am by then and I couldn't help but cry again but for once not because I felt like my life was I'm tatters but because I overcame a big obstacle for once In my life I had hope in myself. Before it was just excitement after killing a boss but this was different, I had proven to myself that I could accomplish anything as long as I kept pushing and carefully looked at my options but this time believe in myself and not call myself trash, worthless, a burden. After a gauntlet of bosses a realisation came over me. I managed to obtain all of the lord souls after even more weeks of getting lost and not knowing what area I should go to first and was able to open up the kiln. Never in a game have I been so engrossed in that moment, seeing those big doors open for me was quite symbolic, after my constant struggles in school, life and past I had taken that pain and put it into effect to achieve something and as a result I had proven myself worthy to take on the lord of cinder, the final hurdle. Seeing those ghostly black Knights walking past me however shifted my emotions from excitement to a sudden feeling of coldness, since the beginning there were represented as mighty, brutal and intimidating but they were now merely a ghost, a powerless entity, facing their very alive counterparts felt more personal to me, like they were representations of my doubts, running towards me to hold me back from my goals as they had in my past, upon killing them stepping closer to the fog it felt like I had one last demon to kill in this decaying labyrinth very similar to how my actual soul felt, Gwyn, the biggest voice in my head. He felt so different, nothing but anger and aggression in his combat style, seemed a lot like me I thought, lost, hollow, not knowing their purpose and lashing out at anything or anyone that intend change. Instead of playing seriously I couldn't help but stare at him, what was this man? His attacks were so forward, running to me and showing no mercy. It was like I was looking in the mirror based on my behaviour towards others, he just looked so lost and frantic. It felt wrong at first but after a long fight I landed the final hit and there it was. I'd done it FINALLY, after the hardest and most personal of journeys I had conquered my demons, accepted that I needed change by changing Lordran ; putting myself to that flame, allowing light to remain, as I lit that mighty flame it felt like I finally had ignited my desire to become myself again, through all of the monsters and deaths, difficulty and sleepless nights I had proven once and for all that I had a life ahead of me, a second chance to open up to people and get the help my still traumatized self needed, to stop turning hollow, to stop frantically pushing away change and the people that mattered. After watching those credits I ran to my mum's room and gave her a hug, all of my sadness and pain over the years flooding out of me, not caring if it woke her up. I then told her everything that was going on with me since I was a small ten year old boy, the fact I attempted suicide at such a young age from the severe bullying and abuse I received at my school and how my great grandfathers death changed me, took my childhood away from me and tore me apart from the inside out. Soon after that very long and deep talk I managed to get referred to therapy by my local doctor thanks to my mum's support and love, something I hadn't felt in so long and now to this day I'm still in treatment almost 5 years later now, I'm doing a lot better. The main message of my story is that if you're in a place where you feel yourself becoming hollow there is always an ember in your heart for a second chance. I'm sorry if my story had no structure. I have Autism and some dyslexia but I hope you liked it, never shared it with anyone before. :)

    submitted by /u/Feecast28
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think is the most intimidating looking enemy in the game?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    For me it's easily the Hydra. The first time I saw one while I was screwing around in Darkroot Garden I immediately noped out of there. The funny thing is that the Hydra is actually really easy to fight, even the harder one in Ash Lake, it just looks scary as fuck.

    submitted by /u/TheLonelyPillow
    [link] [comments]

    DSR curved sword ranking

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 12:29 AM PDT

    After making my last list about bosses, which is nearly a month. Today I'm going to do a ranking about curved swords in dark souls remastered. This is going to be shorter than all of the other weapon type rankings I did so far. Anyways, here's the rules.

    Rules:

    1.opinion base: As always this is 100% my personal opinion. If you like the weapon that is low on the list, it's alright cause it's my opinion.

    2.player environment: I'm mostly going to based the ranking on pve and little in PvP since I didn't use that much curved sword in pvp.

    3.including: I'm going to include boss, unique and based weapons that are available in DSR. There's only 7 curved swords in the game.

    After the rules out of our way lets go ranking the curved swords from worst to best.

    7.Jagged ghost blade:

    In paper, the jagged ghost blade is decent. It has the ability to hit ghost without using transient curse, deals a good amount of damage and it's easy to get. However, it was way worst in practice. Its scaling is the worst for a curved sword having a E scaling of strength which is non-existent, its heavy attack leave you a wide opening for an enemy to take it and attack and other cursed and unique weapons outclassifies it. This is why it's in the bottom of the list.

    6.scimitar:

    Some of you guys to expect this to be last but at least this is a standard weapon rather than unique. But at least it can be buff unlike the jagged ghost blade and it's scaling is ok. unfortunately, it's mostly inferior compare to other curved swords In terms of damage. It also faces stiff competition to the reinforced club as a early game weapon and other curved swords except the ghost blade. To be fair, it's a early game weapon so Its not last place.

    5.shotel:

    This is going to be controversial but the main reason why the shotel is here is the mediocre scaling. But outside of that, it was actually pretty decent. The heavy attack has a unique ability to ignore the users shield that can have a good niche as a "anti turtle sword" In PvP. This good ability make it great for Dex players who has trouble breaking guard. But like I said, its scaling is mediocre only having a E scaling of strength and C scaling of dexterity. Making it somewhat underpowered compare to most weapons in the game.

    4.Quelagg's furysword:

    This weapon is good for most of the part. The fire damage can be scaled with humanity, great for dealing with enemies who are weak to fire and it's not that hard to get. For the only elemental curved sword in the game However, it has a hard time dealing with enemies who's resist or immune fire like cragspiders, chaos witch quelaag, ceaseless discharge and the centipede demon. It deals the least amount of physical damage out of all the curved swords so if you encounter an enemy who's resist or immune to fire, switch it immediately.

    3.Falchion:

    The falchion is one of the strongest curved swords in the game. Since it's a standard weapon, it can be buff. The curved sword was ok at first until you buff it. It becomes scary and deadly in PVP at the moment you buff it. It deals 500+ damage per swing and even more once you have the dragon torso stone. But I prefer two curved swords that are higher than the falchion.

    2.gold tracer:

    The gold tracer deals a heavy amount of bleed damage per second. This weapon is common in PVP due to its immense power and the bleed build up. It's stun locking isn't great but it can stagger players who has very little to no poise and it's scaling is good. Unfortunately, the weapon can't be buff which hinders it's viability and it's not easy to get since you need to kill artorias that is a hard boss. That said, there's only one weapon who blows the competition away from many curved swords.

    1.painted guardian sword:

    This weapon is a good mixure to the falchion and the gold tracer. It can be buff, has bleeding, best for glass cannon builds, has deadly potential to mow down bosses and the scaling is so good, that it can out damage the balder side sword. This is the best weapon in ng7. The 6 curved swords has nothing against the deadlines of the painted guardian sword.

    I hope you guys enjoy my ranking and what's your worst and best curved swords in dark souls remastered.

    submitted by /u/raime10345
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Co-op Partner

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 03:58 AM PDT

    The title really says it all. I've wanted to do a themed coop run for a while now, but none of my friends have the time or inclination for it. So if anyone would be interested in that, I'm on PS4 and I'm free most afternoons.

    submitted by /u/edundantfly
    [link] [comments]

    Which boss is considered the "gatekeeper"? The one that gives the real first challenge that tests your desire and ability to play?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    Like Gascoigne in BB, Genichiro in Sekiro (especially this one, that was god tier difficulty my 1st playthrough), and Pontiff in DS3?

    This is my first run of DS and once I got used to the game and got upgraded I beat all the bosses and enemies up to the bell gargoyles with really no trouble.

    So far the other games were harder, esp Sekiro. I find myself dying more due to the relatively less fluid mobility (like dodging going in a weird direction and getting me stuck on a wall surrounded by enemies) and controls or being to hasty atm than hitting brick walls of challenge.

    I'm assuming for brand new players to the series the early game bosses are tough but even casual veteran Fromsoft players like myself have the appropriate muscle reflexes and also know to upgrade their favorite weapon (Claymore is Baemore) as much as possible as soon as possible.

    So which boss is going to knock some humility into me and make me rage quit? I'm excited and scared lol

    submitted by /u/thrashmetaldinosaur
    [link] [comments]

    Estus Flask

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    Why do I keep randomely going from 10 estus to 5 for no apparent reason?

    submitted by /u/AncientOneCE
    [link] [comments]

    Chaos Eaters op

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    I was wearing full armor and they one-shot me with just acid spit. Why!?

    submitted by /u/shoshoreardon
    [link] [comments]

    I draw a Lordran Silver Knight

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    ...all from memory. I haven't played the game in eight months. Sketch

    submitted by /u/MadsMikkelsenisGryFx
    [link] [comments]

    Possible bug not letting me ascend weapons past +5

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 01:33 AM PDT

    So I started dark souls for the first time recently and am about 50 hours in and I still only have a +5 battle axe. I gave Andre the large ember so I could upgrade it further but when I go to 'Modify Equipment' it only gives me the option to make it a divine weapon. The tab for regular upgrading is there but it's empty. I've looked online for help but haven't been able to find any. So does anyone know how I can fix this?

    submitted by /u/funnyfrag
    [link] [comments]

    Completed

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    I just beat dark souls remastered and i can't wait to continue my journey in darksouls 2 and darksouls 3.

    submitted by /u/dfly16
    [link] [comments]

    This Game Is So hard

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    I've never played any of the Souls games. Or Bloodborne, or Sekiro. I always heard it was hard. And that's why I wantes to play it. But I've been an FPS player my whole life. Never even played a 3rd person game to be honest. Let alone melee combat. Damn I've never had to try so hard and work so hard for so little and just to lose all my souls everywhere I go. Tell me it get easier please lol everything fucks me up. Who is a good enemy to practice blocking and parrying and stuff? Or just keep trying to go snd fight the fat guy who jumps off the tower?

    submitted by /u/AncientOneCE
    [link] [comments]

    What weapon does the highest possible damage?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    With all scaling, upgrading, buffing etc. considered, literally speaking which weapon can reach the highest stats in the game?

    submitted by /u/tooshiftyfouryou
    [link] [comments]

    The hardest run I can think of. Can you think better???

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    So. The hardest run I can think of is SL1, no leveling, no rings (except for key rings), no consumables (except for Estus), no shield, bare fist, naked, no summoning of any kind, no dodging, no critical attacks (this includes plunging attacks), and you can rest at a bonfire only once.

    Edit: I forgot to add, if you get hit, you have to restart the run.

    submitted by /u/Fox_Hub227
    [link] [comments]

    DXFix - how does it improve the game, or at what expense? Like, what's the catch :D

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    So, I read a few threads about how DXFix improves the Dark Souls PTDE, by increasing fps, fixing the cursor overlay, etc. However, I don't really understand how it works and I am always weary of installing things in my computer that I don't really know much about.

    Does it force my pc to muscle the 60fps and sustain them throughout the gameplay and if so, is that really "healthy" for the pc? Or is it something that rather optimizes the game somehow, thus making it "easier" for the computer to reach higher fps?

    Sorry if I am asking some obvious/silly question, but in the steam discussions it is not really explained (that I noticed anyway) and neither is it in Nexusmods. They simply mention the improvements in the game, but not at what "expense", if you know what I mean.

    Thanks in advance for any advice on this. I am also new to Reddit, so I hope I am not making some potato post that somehow goes against the way this works xD

    submitted by /u/Sakura_TheCatsMeow
    [link] [comments]

    Need some weapon suggestions based on my specific play style and stats please! Having trouble finding something I like

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    I'm on NG5, and am planning to take this all the way through NG7

    I have all sorcerers and miracles in the game. For mobs that aren't bosses, I use miracles (wraith of god, lightning spears, emit force, and whatever utility ones I feel like). And for bosses I switch out to super powerful sorceries. Basically what I'm saying is I never use melee weapons for bosses and therefore don't really buff my melee weapons, meaning I need the melee weapon as a good mob killer and how it fairs against bosses is a complete non factor.

    So with that in mind my stats are:

    45 DEX

    28 STR

    30 FAITH

    53 INT

    36 END

    My play style is to be safe and a little passive. At my SL I have to carry around so many souls that I don't like to take too many chances with what I have to carry around. I like weapons that have a high hit box, decent range, great 1H capabilities, and good AOE options. And I really really want it to have good QUALITY scaling since my stats are as end game as you can get.

    Weapons I've tried so far:

    Dragonslayer spear: no bueno. Hit box is too small and damage seems to be lacking

    Falchion: the reach is just way too short for my liking and play style

    Great Scythe: I'm using this one now. I actually kind of like it, but the R1 leaves a lot to be desired. I know this is great for bosses but like I said that is the the absolute lowest priority compared to every other factor

    Ty and don't go hollow

    submitted by /u/RANDYRANDYRANDY420
    [link] [comments]

    What controller do you use for Dark Souls on PC?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    This morning my son dropped my Steam Controller and broke it's L1 button (kinda important for Dark Souls) so I wanted to order something new. I was never completely happy with the steam controller anyways.

    What I ended up with was an 8bitdo SN30+. Kinda looks like an old SNES controller with extra triggers and thumbsticks. It was highly recommend and can either use AAs or an included rechargeable battery pack.

    What controller works for you? Does everyone just use an Xbox or Playstation controller?

    submitted by /u/nosamplesplease
    [link] [comments]

    What does stagger depend on?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Does strength contribute to stagger, or does it only depend on the weapon?

    submitted by /u/shoshoreardon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment