• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 29, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Something hilarious just happened

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    I was invading this guy in the Undead Crypt and killed him, so to show off I cast chameleon (to turn into some object), and what do I turn into? As his body was falling to the ground I turned into... a tombstone lol

    EDIT: why?

    edit2: I buried that mfker in the literal sense

    submitted by /u/AutumnLeaf6701
    [link] [comments]

    Burnt Ivory King shows why presentation matters so much

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    While I don't think I'm going to say anything new, I thought that pointing this out wasn't a bad thing, even if many people here are already aware. Specially because there're still people who only value "gameplay" without considering the importance of atmosphere.

    Burnt Ivory King is one of the fan favourite Dark Souls 2 boss fights, usually in the top 5 of most lists. I really like it myself, and consider it one of the best too. But why?

    When you look at the boss fight itself, it's pretty straightforward. The Burn Ivory King doesn't have a particularly extense moveset. He dashes, jumps, swings his sword once or twice, buffs his sword, perform a backflip, and that's mostly it. The fight isn't very hard and, while intense, falls a bit short when compared with Sir Alonne (not to speak about the likes of Soul of Cinder, Pontiff Sulyvahn or Slave Knight Gael).

    So, considering this, why is Burnt Ivory King one of the most memorable Dark Souls 2 bosses, maybe even the most, instead of in the average category alongside, I don't know, the likes of Myrtha, the Rotten or Najka?

    Starting from the way you march through the beautiful Eleum Loyce cathedral and arrive to the hall where you see the four knights standing up and saluting you. Then falling with them until you reach the Old Chaos, a visually striking area for its contrast with the area above it and the evident Lost Izalith reminiscences. Then the fights against the charred knights, where your allies sacrifice themselves to close the portals, and the appearance of the last huge portal, which makes for the best boss entrance of the whole game. And the music hits. And it's pretty cool and fitting. By this point, you're already bought the boss fight. You'd probably enjoy it even if instead of the Burnt Ivory King, the Royal Rat Authority crossed the freaking portal. But of course the Burnt Ivory King is cooler than that and, after you're finished him off, you really have the "Holy shit, that was awesome" feeling that puts the best Dark Souls boss fights above the rest.

    In short, this boss fight is one of those who shows why the ambience, atmosphere and context is as important, if not more, than the pure, raw "mechanics". When playing a Dark Souls game, this is incredibly important. And I'm glad they did it so right there. It enhances the experience so much, it puts it on a whole different level that it would be otherwise.

    submitted by /u/Interceptor88LH
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Souls games is like taking a shower

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    I don't wanna do it

    I don't wanna do it

    I don't wanna do it

    gets in

    I'll get out when I'm done!

    submitted by /u/DarkrootGarden
    [link] [comments]

    Looking Glass Knight drawing

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    I posted the Ivory King drawing a week or so ago, so here's the Looking Glass Knight drawing that a bunch of people wanted to see!

    https://imgur.com/a/m4uHesi

    submitted by /u/Bryankc14
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Dark Souls 3 have so many DS1 locations and items returning but not as many from DS2 SOTFS?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 06:01 AM PDT

    I would've loved to see iconic locations from DS2 sotfs such as Dranglaic, Brume Tower, Shulva, Tseldora, etc. return in DS3 like they did for DS1's Anor londo, Painted world, etc. And DS3 expanded upon DS1's lore like with the Ringed City. I would've loved to see them bring back Aldia, other pieces of Manus (I mean Karla was pretty disappointing compared to Alsana, Nashandra, Elena, Nadalia), more stuff from DS2 sotfs like the smelter swords, ivory UGS, KUGS, etc.

    So is there a explanation for why we see so few DS2 stuff and so much of DS1's stuff in DS3?

    submitted by /u/dsaf6229
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get Dark Souls 2 for the PS4 while it’s $9.99 even though I have it for my PS3?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    Long story short, paid about the same price for Dark Souls 2 on PSN last year during a Halloween sale (I believe it was $14.99) and now the PS4 version is on sale for 70% off ($9.99). Should I just keep DS2 for my PS3 or would I enjoy it more on my PS4. Is it a better experience. Keep in mind I really don't care if I have to starts new character again. I have Dark Souls 3 by the way.

    submitted by /u/JefferyDuran1995
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 finally sunk its teeth and claws into me

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    I started playing this game right after finishing DS (First off the camera action was a big adjustment and I was even getting some slight motion sickness).

    I was 50 hours into DS2, obtained 2 or 3 of the main Souls, but just wasn't feeling this game at all, especially in regards to the lore and story, and was reaching the point of just wanting to get the game done and over with and move on to DS3.

    Well now that I've obtained all 4 souls and have reached Drangleic castle I can happily say that this game has finally won me over. It took awhile though..

    At first I found the combat ridiculously difficult and almost being unfair, especially in Iron Keep, but that's not the case at all anymore. I enjoy the challenging combat now. I always have, but I felt it was just a bit too rough at the start. But I respect that because the game just comes at you relentlessly from the git go and doesn't hold your hand.

    I love the height and depth of the game, literally too in regards to certain well designed elevators, all the different areas for the most part, except for Heide tower and small areas like Undead Purgatory which I wish had more to them. :(

    I have to say that this game is better than DS1 in terms of the world size and different areas, as well as the unique mechanical aspects (like the Drangleic golems). DS still wins out in terms of lore and the overall atmosphere however.

    So if there's anyone reading this in the same boat as me don't give up it gets better! Thanks to some of you here who have said the same thing to me.

    submitted by /u/PuzzledKitchen7
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone Co-Op this game anymore?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    I started a new playthrough early this year in attempt to finally complete the game (previous character got stuck in Old Iron King and the big Rat Boss).

    And while solo experience and NPC summons are great, I do miss a great part of the old Co-op feel and I can't even rank up my Covenants.

    At my current playthrough, I have been summoned twice, have seen total of 3 signs and been invaded 6 times ( twice at Belfry Luna and twice at Iron Keep bridge).
    And I'm wrapping up my final DLC atm and last memories, then going on to NG+.
    Is Co-Op dead? Or is just no-one playing it anymore?

    submitted by /u/Brother-Mora
    [link] [comments]

    Is Santiers spear still good ?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Is Santiers spear still good for pve?

    submitted by /u/GaniMeda
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't havel's armor give me poise?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    I have havel's armor, and it only gives me 3 poise. Why?

    submitted by /u/thenutyt
    [link] [comments]

    Okay, old whip hit really hard!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    I've just 4 hit covetous demon with old whip +3 ... What a powerful weapon!!!!

    submitted by /u/PraiseTheMilf
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to get sunlight medals? (Xbox 360)

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    Is there people still playing on this version? If so, where should I put my sign?

    I've heard that farming them offline is worse than farming the silver knights in anor londo on dark souls 3

    Thank you all

    submitted by /u/CaifanE
    [link] [comments]

    Why is DS2 so unpopular?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    I have only played DS2 so I have no idea why, but almost no one streams DS2 online, but DS1 and DS3 has tons of streamers/viewers, why?

    submitted by /u/xiit
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for some Jolly Cooperation in the Old Iron King DLC!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    Hey y'all, I'm currently working my way through the Old Iron King DLC and it is tough! Normally I would solo it, but I got seven stitches in my right thumb so I'm not exactly at my peak performance.

    If anyone was interested in taking down the DLC, let me know! No prior experience or mic required. I'm SL176 with 3,458,232 Soul Mem. My gamertag is SpookyBunz and I'm on Xbox.

    Hope to hear from you guys soon!

    Edit: I'm playing on SotFS

    submitted by /u/TheSpookyBunz
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips to tackle the DLCs?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    These DLCs are so beautiful but they are no bloody joke. I've just completed the base game with Nash and Aldia to go, I wanted to save the DLCs last and my god is everything tanky. I am a quality build with no magic skills whatsoever. I was just wondering if there's anything I can do as I feel incredibly underleveled compared to the base game, everything's defences have tripled and I feel like a pretty boring character within these DLCs... I can do the areas fine but I feel I am working harder than I should be...

    Also, what are people's favourite of the three?! Let's discuss!

    Thanks guys n gals!

    submitted by /u/grantdredelic
    [link] [comments]

    Which weapon to upgrade for STR/DEX build?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    First time playing DS2.

    Loved DS1. The black knight sword is what I loved and finished the game with.

    I've got through the first few main areas including Lost Bastille, Huntsman's Copse, defeated the Sinner. Going to Harvest Valley next, and its about that time I need to upgrade a weapon. I've been using the Drangleic sword and it's been getting me through it pretty good; damage wise.

    I have the Greatsword but I'm not sure whether or not to upgrade it. It is pretty slow of course so I'm kind of iffy about it.

    I'm at 30 STR and 28 DEX.

    Any advice would be appreciated lol, thank you

    submitted by /u/OddyNuffff
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the Darklurker for the first time!!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    I'm going back through this game again and doing an all bosses run with the DLC, which I haven't played through yet. I had tried to do the Darklurker before with a pure STR melee build with greatsword... needless to say it did not go well. I kind of just gave up and went on with my life.

    This playthrough I'm whipping a dex build with various weapons (drangleic sword, scimitar, spider's silk, others....) and I've been putting resources into pyromancy since it doesn't have stat requirements.

    I finally beat the Darklurker using a +10 fire scimitar with flame blade, flame swathe, and great fireball. It took me many tries, but the experience of trying different things and trying to come up with the best strategy for each part of the fight based off of what tools I had led to a very gratifying victory. It was super annoying running through the dark chasm every time, but I got pretty used to it.

    Overall it's a super well designed boss fight, and it's definitely the hardest boss I've fought in a souls game so far (played DS1 and 2, haven't done any DLC yet). It was frustrating, but I haven't had such a satisfying boss experience since probably O&S.

    submitted by /u/batclocks
    [link] [comments]

    How active is this game on ps3?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    Last gen boy here. I'm currently playing through DS2 on my PS3. I would like to know if anyone on here still plays DS2 on their PS3 as well.

    submitted by /u/Deadlift_til_death
    [link] [comments]

    [Fanart] The black gulch.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Character stumbles more and more after death?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    So...I've recently been playing ds2 and know that the more you die, the more your health bar decreases. But, I've also noticed that my character looks like they're stumbling more and more after they die, which I assumed was a cool add on to show how your character is slowly turning more hollow. But, now I've been told that you're character doesn't actually stumble more. Has anyone else noticed this increase in stumbling or have I just been staring at the screen for too long?

    submitted by /u/xCurse10x
    [link] [comments]

    Help a Witless Darksoulie with a build!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    I've been recently playing lot more Dark Souls 2 (only Souls like game I've really gotten into and like)
    But as it happens I want more Co-Op and PVP in my game but I was told that, I'm way too high soul level.
    So new character ahoy!

    I'm thinking of making a Faith (miracles) oriented build with main weapon being a Lighting infused Heide Lance, what should I max after Faith though, Strength or Dexterity or smth else?
    Thinking of taking a greatsword for backup weapon, I really like Loyce Greatsword look (and moveset) but it feels Charred Loyce Greatsword would work better?
    Any other ideas?

    submitted by /u/Brother-Mora
    [link] [comments]

    I just don't get it.. Am i doing something wrong?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    I'm not the best, most hardcore DS players out there for sure, but I wouldn't call myself a rookie. I've beaten both ds1 and ds3 with sl1, and I also completed ds3 with a naked, broken sword only character. Today, I decided to play the souls game I don't know anything about (apart from the Happy Souls video). Everybody way saying that this game was easy as hell, so I tried it. I didn't use any guides yet, but I just had enough. The slow gameplay didn't scare me off, since I played too much Skyrim to care about that, but I must be doing something wrong. I'm currently using the hand axe I bought from the merchant at the second bonfire, because that seemed the most powerful weapon at the time. I later found that flame sword in a cave. It takes around 3-4 hits to kill an enemy. But there are so many of them at the same time. And it's not like I have the option to sneak around, since they can see you from across the universe. After the second bonfire, there's that miniboss that jumps down from a crow, and I'm literally tickling him with my weapon. And i have to do all this with only 2 estus. (I used up all my small health gems or idk the name). Also I can't kick shields... How am I supposed to kill shielded enemies?

    submitted by /u/Flolwfang
    [link] [comments]

    "Failed to save game. Returning to menu."

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    Recently I tried to play Dark Souls 2 again after a long break. But when I tried to open my save file, it said that it failed to save. So I tought "Maybe the save file is corrupted. I think it's better to start everything again anyway.". So when I created another character the same error starded occuring. Please help. I just want to play the game. Also I'm using the steam version.

    submitted by /u/Tunico33
    [link] [comments]

    What miracles/spells/hexes should I get? (SotFS)

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    I've played through this game 2 times on 2 different characters, both of which were STR/DEX builds. I never really understood the magic side of things, but I'm curious now.

    I'm currently SL52 with 10ATN, 16STR, 21INT, and 21FTH. I've been following this guide but it doesn't really tell me what miracles/spells/hexes to buy. I also realized that this guide is pre-patch, so I was wondering if there were things I should be doing differently.

    I just got the Hexer's Hood and the Sunset Staff, but I literally only have heal (because I started as a Cleric) and dark orb (because I didn't know what else to buy). I'm pretty much lost now. I've literally only used my fire longsword so far and I'm up to No Man's Wharf. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/TheSpookyBunz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment