• Breaking News

    Monday, March 9, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I drew Sif [Fanart]

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    'That boss is so easy"

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    I hate when fans say this,most bosses can get a perfect hit and even do critical damage,everyone struggles on different bosses,I think it's just a silly way of bragging..

    submitted by /u/Dezzle6
    [link] [comments]

    Gaping Dragon experience

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    I'm currently playing Dark Souls for the first time. I've trudged my way through the undead burg and parish, suffered the bell Gargoyles and actually beat Capra Demon on my first try. I then made my way down to the depths, got scared shitless by the chefs, poked a giant rat in the ass from the safety of my hidey hole, and reached the gaping Dragon. I lost a few times getting one shotted. On like my 4th attempt, I whittled him down to about half health, and then my controller died (I use my xbox controller on my PC). The ensuing minutes were the most tense moments of my Dark souls experience. I didnt have my mouse plugged in nor did I have the time to get it. I finished the fight with my trackpad. The adrenaline going through my body was insane as I could hear the the dragon while I was trying to figure out the controls. I fought with the camera as the trackpad didnt like to turn the camera to my liking. I got hit a few times by stupid things I was avoiding with my controller. In the end I emerged victorious. Now I have to figure out what comes next.

    submitted by /u/Sir_Oakijak
    [link] [comments]

    I drew Asylum Demon

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/nSJJ9ZZ

    Edit, thank you all for the kind words!

    submitted by /u/FatBlueJay
    [link] [comments]

    Completed an any% deathless run (all DLC bosses included) on my 2nd attempt

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    This is the second challenge run Ive attempted (the first being SL1 all bosses) this challenge was... easier. The difficulty of this lies more in consistency whereas with the SL1 run I could just keep throwing myself at a boss until it died though the fights themselves were certainly harder.

    My strategy for this run was to grab all the souls I could in and around firelink, run through the valley of drakes down to the Halberd Black Knight at the bottom of darkroot and kill him... over and over again until I got the weapon to drop. I then leveled up to the point where I could weild the weapon. I unlocked and kicked Lautrec to get the FAP ring and killed havel for his ring so that I could actually carry the damn weapon. I then killed gargoyles and taurus for some souls. Heading down to quelaag, I first went to the great hollow and grabbed all the twinkling titanite I could (at this point the Halberd was +3 - 2 twinklys each from the lizards next to tauros and on the way out of darkroot) this let me have a +5 Halberd right after beating quelaag. I then headed through sens and londo easily enough, levelling to the point where I could weild the Halberd 1 handed, making ripostes a little easier (Im using the grass crest throughout). After beating pikachu and snorlax I jump around beating seath(obligatory death :/), nito, 4kings and then BoC though the order doesnt matter too much. Finally, I grab all the stuff to enter the DLC and destroy sanctuary garden in about 5 hits. Artorias came next, my favourite boss and I almost beat him without getting hit(I got greedy when he was low on health). Manus is easy enough outside of the occasional dark magic bs. Kalameet is another of my favourite bosses and wasnt too hard naturally I didnt bother cutting his tail... And last but certainly not least... gwyn AKA parry bitch. Finally, weve done it.

    Quick note, I know this isnt particularly impressive anymore seen as people have beaten these games with sword hilts and not getting hit but it was definitely a fun, if occassionally stressful experience. Its definitely worth a few attempts. As for strategys for bosses... Ive just beaten most of them enough times with some very weak builds on some quite high NG cycles that I didnt really have much of a strategy outside of getting as OP as I could think of as early as I could.

    Good luck to any who attempt this👍👍 Thanks for reading my ramblings😅

    submitted by /u/sonicboom5058
    [link] [comments]

    Day 1. My first dark souls play through.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    So strangely enough I thought I had beat this game and beat dark souls two very recently. I came to find out/remember I never played this game. It was demon souls that I had beat and that was a lifetime ago haha

    So I was able to cut through the asylum fairly easily and very slowly through the Undead Burg. Spoke with that unpleasant merchant upgraded armor and bought a chest.

    Proceeded forward and THANK YOU to whoever scribed on the ground about using the drop attack on the Minotaur boss. That made it a daily easy fight. The drake scorched me but I was able to kick the ladder down before taking a breath.

    Going to get back after it tomorrow but I must say I'm having so much damn fun so far.

    submitted by /u/ThatTrippyHippie
    [link] [comments]

    Just Beat O&S Solo For The First Time

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    It took three tries (technically four but the servers reset so I was force quited out during the second phase of the boss fight) but I finally beat them. No jolly cooperation, just myself. It's probably not that impressive but I'm glad to say I could beat those two without any help.

    submitted by /u/Yrennoc343
    [link] [comments]

    siegmeyer of catarina / onion fan art

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    unfinished, critique me please

    https://imgur.com/gallery/cNKZPir

    submitted by /u/E1700D
    [link] [comments]

    Drew Artorias

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    I drew the boss everybody seems to fanboy over back in February but never got around to posting it.

    Artorias of the Abyss

    submitted by /u/starigma_ultimate
    [link] [comments]

    question about Gwyn?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    this was during the boss fight, and I was parrying him. Sometimes when I parried, it looked like his attack just goes RIGHT through me, and I honestly have no idea why? It wasn't like a partial parry, it straight up looked like the attack just missed point-blank. I won't post a link of it unless someone asks, I don't wanna spam. Just curious if there was a mechanic I didn't notice or a maybe it's a glitch?

    submitted by /u/Jess979
    [link] [comments]

    Are darkmoon invasions still active in sl 160 on ps4?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Basically the title. I... um overleveled, i should say, my first (and only)charachter in dks1, and since i grinded the souvenirs and still is in the darkmoon covenant, i am wondering is pvp still active and what are the hotspots. Mind you, i was playing offline all this time, and now i am wondering if i should get psplus to online a little, maybe even ask from r/snuggly the 3 only weapons i still need for knights honor +plat and, pvp as a blue phantom. So is pvp still active 40 levels above the meta level? Or will i need to get on the discord of ds to pvp with password? Tbh i really like the dmb so i dont want to be a dickwraith.

    submitted by /u/adam109r
    [link] [comments]

    I finally started Dark Souls

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    I finished bloodborne and sekiro, and I never played the original souls series. So excited yet terrified. Any tips for a first time souls player? (besides parry and git gud lol)

    submitted by /u/DogePriest
    [link] [comments]

    I’m down in the catacombs with broken weapons

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    I recently started playing Dark Souls remastered on the PS4, first Dark Souls game I've ever played and so far it's been fantastic, but I went down into the catacombs and spent a lot of trial and error, slowly making my way through, I made decent progress but now all of my good weapons are almost entirely broken so they're doing terrible damage, I can barely kill any of the skeletons down there and I don't know if I can get out of there to repair any of them, I've been considering restarting my entire game, but that would get rid of roughly 45+hours of play time, is there anything I can do to get out of there so I can avoid this?

    submitted by /u/pswizzle9283
    [link] [comments]

    Lvl60 ng+ boss rush help

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    So... title lol Lf some jolly coop to rush the ng+ bosses.... btw ill be around here in case anyone need some helps

    submitted by /u/Sgaz
    [link] [comments]

    The great thing about not having the option to reload saves

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    (Might contain minor spoilers of locations and characters)

    So i picked up Dark Souls Remastered last week and i've been playing it for 4 days straight. and im absolutely loving it. My background in RPG's started with skyrim, then i went on to the Witcher series and now we're here. I've played a bit of Dark Souls 3 before this and got as far to defeating the Abyss Watchers, but after that kind of got of the DS hype since i didnt really know where to go next.

    The remaster caught my eye and i had to pick it up. To be fair i used youtube as a guide as of where i should go and how to progress, but I only watched enough to get me on the right path without spoiling anything.

    So last night I accidentally hit onionbro when i tabbed back into the game at firelink shrine after looking up where i should head next. I eventually had to kill him as he aggro'd on me every time i went there and i had no clue as of how to "unaggro" him.

    Broke my heart when i backstabbed him after assisting him in both Sen's Fortress and in Anor Londo:( Usually in any other game i would probably have reloaded an older save to fix it, but of course thats not an option in Dark Souls. And since i've beaten pretty much every boss except the one(s?) down in the Lava Cave area and the final boss, starting a new game is not something i wanted to do either.

    So, unwillingly i had to kill one of the few friends i have in this dark world. And I have to live with that. The feeling of having done an action and having to live with that action even though i dont like the outcome is just great. It gives an extra sense of realism and creates a stronger connection to the world where everything you do matter instead of it just being a game.

    I'll probably finish the game and DLC within the week, and then pick up DS 2 and grab the DLC for the third one. Seems like there is no stopping for my dark souls train at this point:))

    submitted by /u/60SecondNoodles
    [link] [comments]

    Can't traverse white light?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    So I am on my first runthru of Ds1 Ptde. I am at the fog gate at Nito but I cannot go through it. I have the Lordvessel and it isn't golden, just the words are greyed out and I cannot pass through. I did a lot of googling but no one else seems to have this problem. Help?

    submitted by /u/Hawkeye1929
    [link] [comments]

    “PLIN PLIN PLON” I love how these words have their own separate lit fanbase!

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    Code as character name?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 12:00 AM PDT

    A few months ago I saw a video that explained what code you needed to input as your name in character creation in order to get some silly outcomes, such as the button prompt template. I did it myself for fun at the time but now I can't find the video or remember any of the code! Anybody have any leads? Pic of my test character from awhile back

    https://imgur.com/a/1NT1oL6

    submitted by /u/Dellaio
    [link] [comments]

    Bro wtf why is this shit so hard

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    I'm a casual gamer player some RPGs (fallout, witcher, ect) so I thought I'd try to play dark souls but goddamn.. what's a good starting class to play as?

    submitted by /u/metalhammer420
    [link] [comments]

    Is the sif alternate cutscene worth it

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    First run dark souls. Heard about the sif special cutscene after the dlc. I want the very large ember yet not feeling like fighting the four kings, since that requires killing sif and that wont trigger the special cutscene. So should i kill sif and get the ember and kill the four kings, get ember and get out, or finish the dlc and go fight sif and the four king, or any other option? Currently only killed seath the scaleless and soul level 70.

    submitted by /u/Z1U5
    [link] [comments]

    FIRE ASCENSION - Help

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    Accidentally killed Vamos in the Catacombs. (wheel skeleton ended up in the room and I swung and hit Vamos by mistake)

    Is he the only one who can ascend Fire Weapons? Do I have to wait to NG+ before I can get the Fire Ascension trophy?

    submitted by /u/mootilated
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to get back into DSR

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    It's been awhile but I've been hunting for a games pvp that brought me back to the feeling I got when I played DS1. Is it worth getting back into and hoping into the pvp or is it so dead it's not worth the grind?

    submitted by /u/devonsuks
    [link] [comments]

    30% Concentrated Power of Pain

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    Just Beat Manus at SL30 taking no hits using Red Tearstone Ring.

    https://imgur.com/a/WfrsLcF

    You guys know exactly what absolutely disgusting things I'm about to be doing with this invasion build just by the points invested into Faith/Intel.

    submitted by /u/MumpsTheMusical
    [link] [comments]

    The most fun build I’ve made in a while

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 06:58 PM PDT

    Made this by accident with an unexpected stroke of luck. You know the one, where everything seems to go your way- short bow and hollow soldier pants from asylum, getting anything but the dad mask, etc. Anyways, here it is

    Let me know what you guys think!

    submitted by /u/ArcErelong
    [link] [comments]

    Do people still play DS remastered on Xbox?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    Want to start a new run

    submitted by /u/BongRips4Paris
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment