• Breaking News

    Monday, March 9, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Best item in the game

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    AGED FEATHER! It's to freeing to be able to travel to the last bonfire whenever you want, without having to worry about using it up. I FEEL FREEEEEEEE!

    submitted by /u/Phempteru
    [link] [comments]

    Oh how the tables have turned

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    The cheesee has become the cheeser: https://imgur.com/a/nnMnoIt

    submitted by /u/StellarSkadi
    [link] [comments]

    When you enter the Shaded Woods and get cursed left and right

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    But you've been playing the entire game hollowed with a Ring of Binding so you don't give a flying fuck. wtf am i gonna do with all these effigies

    submitted by /u/ye_olde_broken_human
    [link] [comments]

    I see why people hate this game [and it's entirely unwarranted]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    TL:DR Dark Souls 2 feels very different from DS1 and DS3, and you have to relearn some things, but it's a damn good game. It was my first souls game, and it will always feel like home to me. Even if I never beat it.

    So my very first dark souls game was 2 back when it first came out. I played it offline on my roommate's xbox 360. No DLC. Fresh off the boat kind of thing. I had no preconceptions of what Dark Souls was supposed to feel like. None of that. I had no guide, skipped the wharf, somehow got to the lost sinner, the creepy bone chariot, and the rotten without ever seeing the wharf....

    I was also a fool who played deprived, ground my way through everything, and ended up giving up on the Rotten. Well that and I had to part from my roommate. So I played DS1 on 360, and went hollow on Quelagg. Then I moved on to easier games like dragon age.

    Fast forward until last year, beat DSR, got almost to the end of DS3 (co-oping with a friend who abandoned me for bloodborne lol) I decided to pick up DS2 again to pass the time and visit an old friend. --end preface--

    I only really have two complaints. GRAVITY IS EXTRA OP. My word! I feel like I tripped over a rock and died lmao And Soul Memory is screwing me over because I have, and always will be, bad at the game lol

    Other than that... I'm pretty sure any real issues I have is from my super old controller and the wire that's falling apart.

    But DS2 is very clearly not DS1. And I don't understand why people hate DS2 but love DS3. They both require relearning how things work. In DS3 shields are relatively useless. In DS2, dodging isn't nearly as effective (or maybe I'm just super bad at the game-- very likely). It's almost like DS2 is a different game or something.... I'm playing by myself, and that makes me sad. And like every other souls game I get angry and think "Wow that was utter bullshit" but... I don't think that any more than the other games. Especially when I first started them.

    The lore purists think DS2 is a nightmare, and since I just got to the Wharf for the first time in my life I have no real opinions on the Lore itself. Ghost ship was cool af tho. I died immediately because I fell off a rock, but it was cool af. Lighting up that lantern? Cool AF. It didn't do me much good but it was COOL The Pursuer? A bomb ass mother fucker! Shame he's so easy to beat co-op. I did manage to beat him solo years ago. Very proud of that lol. COULDNT BEAT THE GIANT BUT I BEAT THE PURSUER

    But DS2's relative unpopularity is wonderful for me, because I am going in blind. It's been out for 6 years I think, and I'm still able to go in blind. The lore of DS3 was spoiled, and Solaire was spoiled for DS1, but all I know is that Lucatiel's quest does not end well, and that Patches is a fusion, and his two halves are Pate and Creighton. If you spoil anything for me I will eat your eyebrows. Ok no but I will be very sad.

    I like Majula. I like how bright and colorful the world is. It's not as bleak and grim, sure, but that's fine. I don't actually know off the bat who will die by the end of the game, because Majula feels hopeful. Maybe that sad shop keeper will die, or maybe not. Maybe that cartographer (who's kind of annoying imo) will be fine, and maybe not, but I actually think that some of these NPCs might make it out ok. It's not like DS1 where it was only a matter of time until the only person left at the shrine was Patches. Lenigrast sounds a lot like Siegmeyer, and though the voice actor is different, that's CLEARLY intentional. I mean you could have fooled me-- they DID fool me. I had to look it up and was stunned to see it was a different VA.

    But what DS2 reminds me of is Wind Waker. Since a large population of gamers are familiar with the Zelda series, they're a pretty good marker for comparison for any other series, I think. If Dark Souls 1 is Ocarina of Time (wildly loved, put on a pedestal, and a good game in it's own right), and Dark Souls 3 is Majora's Mask (effectively the same mechanics but changed up and still wildly loved if slightly less popular), then Dark Souls 2 is Wind Waker. It's an entirely different game, almost non sequitur, it's still a damn good game in its own right, and it deserves to be acknowledged as such.

    If I want to be a little meaner... It sort of reminds me of how smash players INSIST that melee was the best smash ever and don't want to play anything new because change is bad or whatever.

    submitted by /u/SirWigglesTheLesser
    [link] [comments]

    What’s with all the memory loss?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    So I've noticed some NPCs are forgetting things, maughlin his home, the blacksmith his daughter etc. Just wondered if anyone has any links/lore on this?

    submitted by /u/tonio776
    [link] [comments]

    Finally getting into Dark Souls after Sekiro and Bloodborne

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    After finishing Sekiro and Bloodborne, I fell in love with FromSoftware games. So I was meaning to start Dark Souls series for a while. I saw Ds2 and 3 on sale and instabought them. Waited for Ds remastered to also be on sale for so long but I finally lost my patience and started from Ds2.

    So the thing is, I got destroyed so hard. I have never been rekt this hard by any other game. After experiencing Sekiro and Bloodborne's fast paced combat, this one feels so slow. And since I am an extremely impatient person, this game punishes me so hard.

    In this game, thrash mobs are actually much harder than bosses themselves(Fuck Heide's Flaming Tower and No Man's Wharf BTW) . I can cheese most bosses by just sticking on their asses. But a trio of doggos and wiking guys flanking you along with archers on top? Can't deal with that shit man.

    I'm at Ruin Sentinels now. My perfect strategy of sticking to the ass doesn't work on this boss. Called it a day after dying to them 10 times (also +10 for failing the shortcut jump).

    As a newbie I have no idea how most things work in this game so I have some questions :

    • Do I need to reinforce my gear at this point in the game? I was trying to save my shards for now.

    • I'm going STR as I thought STR builds tend to be newbie friendly. Using an ultra greatsword since it does well against multiple enemies with its aoe swing. What is the best weapon type for STR?

    • Shields look important in this game. But against bosses, just one shield block destroys all my stamina. Is there a way to reduce the stamina used for blocks or do I need to level END?

    • Is there any benefit from covenants apart from it being an online thingy? I've chosen the covenant from the Victor Stone. Gave it an awestone but nothing happened so far.

    • Dude, there are so many places to go in this game. I was worried I could overlevel some places if I explored so much but thankfully it's doesn't seem to be the case.

    Edit: Also forgot to ask, is there any use for souls of the bosses I've killed? I know they give souls if I use them but it also says I can use them for something else. Is it worth holding onto them?

    submitted by /u/emregursoy
    [link] [comments]

    Requesting tips on Fume knight

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    Hello, Im using a greatsword and a sunset staff for most of the game.

    Im having difficulty with this boss. Currently trying to 2H greatsword him. However, I cant even get past the first phase. He does a lot of swings in his combo string and may or may not end it with the great sword swing. I take it to mean after the greatsword swing, its my turn now. However, most of the time, after i swing my greatsword 2HR1, he recovers from his whiffed greatsword swing fast enough to punish my attempt with fast small sword swings.

    How do i find proper windows to actually attack this dude. Besides praying that he does the stupid wide sweep / overhead smash with the big sword by itself?

    Cant seem to parry the small sword either.

    submitted by /u/RLYC1
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else wish Agape was ANY other type of equipment other than a ring?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    The flexibility of builds is great when you have all 4 ring slots, but having to compromise one of those just to counter the matchmaking mechanics is deeply frustrating.

    I was invading and decided at 500k SM I had room to play around without Agape so I took it off. Literally my first invasion resulted in almost a million souls.

    Does anyone else wish that some other piece of equipment could do it? Legs, hats, gloves, whatever.

    :'(

    submitted by /u/PhadedWun
    [link] [comments]

    Help with alonne and the cat duo,

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Anyone down? Sm 4100000, ps4

    submitted by /u/Gilesalford
    [link] [comments]

    How does phantom healing work in DS2?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    I'm trying to do some research on the phantom mechanics of this game and I can't really find many answers. I would test this myself but I don't have anyone to test it with, so I'll just ask here.

    I remember in DS1 that when the host drank Estus it would heal phantoms, as opposed to the DS3 system (phantoms have half Estus). How does this work in DS2? Phantoms can use lifegems, yes? How do invaders heal?

    And the bigger question, have any of these changed from DS2 to SOTFS?

    submitted by /u/mrpeanut188
    [link] [comments]

    Sprint lag on PS4

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    When I'm walking and want to sprint there is a noticeable lag when holding the button to when the player sprints, sometimes I even need to let go and hold the button down again. I've tried with multiple controllers and still happens. Seems that whenever the stamina bar is full and you want to sprint there is always some lag. But sprinting after rolling or consuming stamina works fine. This wasn't a problem on the PS3 version. Anyone else have this problem?

    submitted by /u/AnriRB26
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 sotfs pc SM range from 2.7M to max need help for dlcs boss.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    Cannot beat Fume in NG+4

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    I wonder if you have suggestions. At this point my character is specialized in Pyro/faith/sorcery/Dex/str lol Seriously, I keep trying but I guess I have not mastered the timing yet. Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/dehcbad25
    [link] [comments]

    I have discussion for the DS2 lovers and haters. I'd like to hear other people's thoughts.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    To start some background on me: I'm relatively new to the whole soulsborne experience (started in December). I went from Bloodborne to DS1R to DS2SotFS (I'm currently in DS3). I have some thoughts that I'd love to hear what others think.

    DS1R is my favorite so far, Bloodborne and DS3 in second place and DS2 is in last. I'd like to find out if my perceptions are being skewed because I want to like DS2. I actually like a lot of the mechanics in it. I like the duel wielding, I like the weapon scaling and I feel like in DS2 I was a POWERHOUSE after the first few hours. I kind of like the whole extermination aspect as well (kill an enemy enough and it won't respawn, more on this later) and that there are more stats to use and customize and man, just the character and play options seem endless.

    However,

    The game is not fun for me. My mind brims up with all these options and available resources and tool sets, but to what end? So I can use these weapons and tools and ideas to go and play a game that doesn't seem to understand itself? It feels like they built the game to be more of a hack/slash style with as many enemies they throw at the PC but they forgot to tone down the enemy damage output or shrink the enemy HP. It is brutal for sure, but man. Its out to GET you.

    I truly believe this is why they have the extermination mechanic where enemies will eventually stop respawning because they couldn't figure out a better way to get players through the game. The developers knew the tactics they are using aren't fair and had to figure out a way for a player to EVENTUALLY make some sort of progress. Have you seen how the enemies can just lift their hands in the air and then just spin on a pixel in order to make sure the player has the shortest window of reaction time possible? Then there are 5 of them. All doing this. Don't worry though, after you get stomped a dozen time that first one you keep killing won't be there any more and you can work on the next one.

    I do wonder if this is why the magic in DS2 seems to be the most powerful in all the souls games. Maybe I'm playing wrong. I watched a bit of FightingCowboy playing a Hex build and that looked pretty fun over all.

    Lastly, dead horse time. The bosses aren't as enjoyable to me.

    Thoughts? Opinions? Rebukes/rebuttals? Fire away.

    TLDR; I want to like DS2 because i like the variety and options but I think the developers made a GREAT toolset for a game that doesn't exist.

    submitted by /u/themedicine
    [link] [comments]

    To the guy named Blazer in iron keep

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    PvP was super fun, thank you ! Except dat ducking hex orb, fuck that. Sharpie.

    submitted by /u/FilDM
    [link] [comments]

    Screach!!

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Seriously, why do the retainers in Eleum Loyce have to die like that?

    submitted by /u/QuadrilateralShape
    [link] [comments]

    Playing through DS2 (SotFS) for the first and was wondering when is it a good time to do the DLC?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Pretty much the title. I just arrived at Undead Crypt (haven't started it yet) and I kind of wanna do some side content like Dark Chasm and the DLC before I go further into the main game.

    I'm level 130, so am I able to start the DLC or do I need to be a higher level?

    submitted by /u/CHAMPIONOFDEATH59
    [link] [comments]

    Faith is easy: Papa Leeroy’s YouTube series on how to destroy your foes as a Paladin

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    I'm thinking about making a video series/playthrough that shows my process of how I make my faith builds, anyone interested?

    I'll be walking you through each area start to end, point out loot and apply boss tips, as well as best spells and distribution of stats.

    submitted by /u/Abyssal_Paladin
    [link] [comments]

    I find it interesting people complain about the number of “guys in armor”

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    Now hear me out before you crucify me.

    Sure, they could use more variety, because you can make definitely "guys in armor" each a unique boss (Ornstein and Artorias for example).

    But like, considering 2 is set in a ruined human kingdom, I find it surprising people complain so much about knight bosses. I ask you genuinely: what did you expect?

    For me at least, it's like going into Yharnam of Bloodborne and complaining there's too many beast bosses.

    submitted by /u/Abyssal_Paladin
    [link] [comments]

    Is tier 32 too high?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    I'm trying for bell keepers

    submitted by /u/The-True-Apex-Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    Few questions - SOTFS PS4

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    Hi, I give you some context.

    I managed to get the platinum trophy for DS1, DS3, Bloodborne and Sekiro so I decided to give a try to DS2 despite the negativity around the game. I bought the game in December and, for the first time in my life, I had to (rage) quit a game because I just couldn't understand it. Then I decided that I couldn't give up, it was a shame and I started it again.

    Now I am hooked, I finally understood the game (and the magic of ADP) and I need/must get the platinum here too.

    So, right now I am at the entrance of the Shrine of Amana. I am using the Fextralife Game Progress Route to not get lost.

    Here we go with my questions :

    1) Can I do the DLCs after the last boss ? I know you do not get in a new cycle automatically after the end. But I just want to be sure that I can go around after the last boss to do what I miss.

    2) Which is the fastest route to finish the game ? Because in NG+ and NG++ I basically need few items to complete some trophies.

    3) Can someone explain me how ascetic bonfire works ? Because people seems confused. I understand the mechanics, you burn the item and boss/enemies are back. But does it works for the trophies too ? Like Lucatiel trophy for example.

    4) What's the deal with Darkdiver Grandahl ? I met him three times but he doesn't give me any quest (I know he wants you to kill some NPCs).

    Thanks for the help !

    submitted by /u/ArturoBinewski
    [link] [comments]

    Let me help you!

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Working on those Sunlight Medals, and I'd love to help with any boss you're working on. 3.7M Soul Memory, level 140ish Hexer, entire game cleared except Ivory King DLC, so I can meet you anywhere.

    Let me know where you need me, and I'll be there!

    Edit: I'm on PS4

    submitted by /u/Chokda
    [link] [comments]

    I need ur help. Im looking for one video.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 04:54 AM PDT

    EDIT: thx a lot, I found it!

    Hey guys, Im looking for one video on YouTube. Video is about some guy that got invaded and the invader killed him but after he respawned, the invader stayed in his world and was fighting again. It was really interesting but I cannot find it. Im looking for it for a long time.

    Otherwise, sorry for my english, Im not from english speaking country so my english is not best.

    submitted by /u/mamartins001
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment