• Breaking News

    Monday, March 16, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    imagine if dark souls had an easy mode, but the easy mode actually just sent you straight into ng+7

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    Just realized that after Dark Souls 1, Fromsoftware significantly made it much harder to die from gravity.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Sens Fortress, Anor Londo, Giants Tomb and Blightown. I can't count how many times have I died by falling off in these areas. But I only died from gravity in Bloodborne when I tried to go to the Old Workshop and not even once in Dark Souls 3. What's your opinion on this? Do you like the extra difficulty of gravity?

    submitted by /u/NeuralComplex
    [link] [comments]

    I painted an Estus Flask

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    I'm So Happy!

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    I know this post is practically useless, but I was playing dark souls remastered on the switch, and I fought pinwheel for the first time and he dropped the father mask! I just wanted to take out my joy on this subreddit, and I hope everyone fighting pinwheel will get the mask they want!

    submitted by /u/Shortacer
    [link] [comments]

    Was struggling so bad after Taurus Demon yesterday, today I’m in blight town becoming a man.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    My Biggest Issue with the Souls Franchise

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    I'm a relatively new addition to the Souls fandom. I've played through Dark Souls Remastered twice, I'm about ten hours into Dark Souls 2 and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with both games. Even though I've had quite a bit of fun with the series, one nagging issue just keeps popping up, namely the several-minute walk between bonfire and boss fight.

    This is agonizing, especially against tougher bosses like Knight Artorias and Gwyn (cut me some slack, I don't usually use a shield.) When every bloody restart requires that I traverse two or three football fields worth of distance to try again, I stop having fun and start getting irritated. It just ruins the pacing when you're forced into constant repetitive treks that are about as engaging as a three-minute loading screen.

    This doesn't ruin the games by any stretch of the imagination, they're still a lot of fun. It's just an irritation I need to put up with to enjoy an otherwise fantastic franchise.

    submitted by /u/HuntsmenSuperSaiyans
    [link] [comments]

    Humanity Doesn't Make You Human - an Investigation of the Inner Flame

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    After scouring through as much lore as I could take in, from item descriptions to obscure clues across all three games, I've come to a conclusion that may sound a little crazy: Humanity (Fragments of Dark Soul) doesn't have as much to do with being human as we thought. Instead, humans are pygmies that have been imbued with the First Flame and it's associated Lord Souls. I would love to just take you all through my chronological interpretation of the lore, but I think it will make a little more sense if I just provide evidence and let people interpret it how they will. I'll try to keep this fairly straight to the point but I'd love to discuss everything in more depth in the comments!

    I. Humanity Doesn't Stop Hollowing

    • In Dark Souls 1, Humanity alone doesn't prevent hollowing. Instead, a person must burn humanity at a bonfire.
    • In Dark Souls 2, Humanity is unnecessary to revert a person's hollowing, with the Human Effigy being its replacement. I don't think the Human Effigy is the same thing as Humanity because it doesn't need to be burned at a bonfire, only consumed.
    • In Dark Souls 3 we see hollows that are filled to the brim with Humanity: Pus of Men. This enemy is actually what made me begin to ponder my theory in the first place, as it just seems so paradoxical.
    • The pygmies of the Ringed City hold the largest pieces of Dark Soul in the world, yet all appear hollowed out. In fact, the only actual human in the Ringed City is a descendant of the Gods!
    • Londor is a land that seeks to start the Age of Dark, yet it isn't a land of humans: it's a land of hollows.
    • The hollow beings in the DS1 intro were said to come from the Dark. -Dark Soul is shown to warp humans rather than create them.

    All of this leads me to believe that the Dark Soul alone cannot create a human being - something else is necessary. And I'm pretty sure that something else is...

    II. The Inner Flame - The Lord Souls Within Us All

    • The Darksign is a brand of fire.
    • Undead literally drink fire (or embers at the very least) in a bottle in order to restore their Life force.
    • Undead are said to be linked to the bonfires
    • Humans can die without Nito's direct influence, showing their connection to Nito's Soul. Note that Gods and the Witch of Izalith were seemingly immortal. Aldia's dialogue seems to confirm that Gwyn linking the flame made humans mortal in the first place rather than it being the natural order of things.
    • Humans can make use of Miracles of the Gods.
    • Gwyn's Lord Soul is shown in Gwyndolin to have the capability to warp reality and create illusions. Could mankind's good looks be one such illusion?
    • Pyromancies created by Carmina mention "actualizing the inner flame." Not to mention the fact humans can use pyromancy at all - shouldn't that be restricted to those who share the Lord Soul of the Witch of Izalith? We never see Gods, those who hold Gwyn's soul, using pyromancy after all.
    • Laurentius claims that a pyromancy flame is a part of a person's body, and that a person must be in tune with nature to use it to its full capacity. Makes a lot of sense if humans are connected to the Witch's Soul (which could also be referred to as the Life Soul).
    • Humans look like small Gods. Little Pygmy + Gwyn's Soul = Small Gods, right?
    • Humanity (The item) appears to be Dark Soul surrounded by a corona of light. Those whose humanity has run wild, like Manus, Artorias, and several bosses in Dark Souls 2 still have a little light in their soul but it has been almost completely enveloped in darkness.
    • Pyromancy, Miracles, and Sorceries must be attuned at a bonfire, as they draw from the power of the First Flame
    • From the item description of Chaos Bed Vestiges: "Demons born from fire bore its smoldering essence and perished soon after. Man shares this rapport with the flames to this day."

    All of this leads me to believe that Gwyn linked each aspect of the First Flame - Light, Death, and Life - to the pygmies in order to contain the Dark Soul inside of them, explaining why humans begin to revert back to hollow once the First Flame starts to fade. This link turned the pygmies into the humans we all know and love

    I know this theory has probably been presented before, but I don't really read other people's interpretations of the lore so that I can form my own opinion. If anyone has any holes to poke I'd love to hear them, and I plan on making another write-up about my theory that the Light Soul represents a person's memories and the Dark Soul represents a person's raw instincts very soon so stay tuned if you're interested!

    submitted by /u/poopingandfartingand
    [link] [comments]

    Will wildpie101 ever continue making his dumbshits guide to Dark Souls?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    It was brilliant, I loved watching those videos. Does anyone have any info regarding this?

    submitted by /u/praisethesun98
    [link] [comments]

    My friend ike plays this game

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    Lol I ain't played it in long Said ike

    submitted by /u/FaZe_SeShLoRd
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to upgrade my pyromancy flame?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    I have a +4 pyromancy flame that I can't upgrade cus the guy in firelink shrine is gone, because I told him about my chaos pyromancy, and I accidentally killed the egg guy behind the illusory wall, thinking he was an enemy. From what I understand there's supposed to be another pyromancy trainer once you get your pyromancy flame up to level +10, but I can't do that since I've accidentally killed/sent to their death both of the other trainers. What I'm wondering is can the situation be saved? I have a friend who also plays this game with me on co-op usually, but we can't seem to match up in blighttown, my guess is because the boss has already been killed for both of us, and I think that applies to him invading me too. Is there any other way for me to get him into my blighttown for the 3rd pyromancy trainer to spawn? Is it possible that he can drop his pyromancy flame +10 into another area, I pick it up and go to blighttown, summon her and give it back to him and still have her in my world? Would any of these methods work and if not, are there any other methods?

    submitted by /u/Guguc112
    [link] [comments]

    I'm completely hollow now

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    I am some sort of soulsborne amateur. I completed all 3 dark souls games on pc and finished bloodborne and sekiro. But i never tried to get platinum on any of those games. Now there is a possibility that we all have to stay at home because of the corona, so i bought all three dark souls games for my playstation 4. I challenged myself to get platinum at least for dark souls remastered. I could never imagine what journey i was going to start. How did i miss so much secrets when i didnt look for trophies. I am extremely happy now that i have my first platinum trophy in a dark souls game. I might need to do the same thing for the rest of the games. Last achievement btw was knights honor. That channelers Trident waited about an hour to drop.

    TLDR: Got Platinum in DSR and am very happy.

    Link to Trophy imgur

    submitted by /u/Skrallor
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else never have Solaire spawn in their game?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    I hadn't played Dark Souls in like 5 years so when I got to the bridge bit he's supposed to appear in and I was like "Huh I guess my memories a lil fuzzy" but when I got all the way to Anor Londo without hide nor hair of him I started to think something was up and checked the wiki. Dude's just straight up phased out of existence

    submitted by /u/Themoneymancan
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any humanity found in Anor Londo?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    Is there any humanity Sprite so I can pick up in an hour Londo or do I have to go back to lordran?

    submitted by /u/JoyfulGamer585
    [link] [comments]

    Diet at the same time as Havel, now no ring

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    Just found out this is a thing :( Managed to chip Havel down with my spear but he killed me on his last swing and I got him at the same time. We both died but, now there's no havel ring to grab

    submitted by /u/SerWynter
    [link] [comments]

    Need help in Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    So I just got DS Remastered two days ago, and I am kind of lost right now. I am currently at the bonfire under Andre, the blacksmith and don't know where to go. Are there any areas I've missed in the chapel/church place (after fighting the armored boar thing)? I don't wanna miss out. I've defeated the Titanite Demon and went into the Valley of the Drakes where the blue lightning dragons are, but they're extremely difficult to kill. Even just one. Can someone point me in the right direction as to where to go and what to do? Thanks. People claim DS3 is the hardest of the series but I beat it with relative ease, but this game is just... Even harder than DS2 (which was my first DS so makes sense). Maybe I am under leveled for the blue dragons?

    submitted by /u/installins
    [link] [comments]

    Bell Gargoyles, SL1, fist only

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    Aka the naked fuck ran out of firebombs so he started killing stuff with bare hands.

    https://youtu.be/niQbeXRm3nI

    submitted by /u/astorascrub
    [link] [comments]

    Hitbox accuracy in Soulsborne

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    How would you rank the hitbox accuracy in Soulsborne? My choice would be: Sekiro > DS3 > BB >> DS/DSR >>>>>> DS2

    Hitboxes in Sekiro are nearly perfect. There are a couple offenders (mainly non-humanoid bosses), but they're not even that big of a deal. I always found katana swings to be extremely precise.

    DS3 and BB have very similar hitboxes. I find BB falls somewhat short here due to most of the beast bosses, especially in the Chalice Dungeons. DS3, on the other hand, has its own (but few) wonky grab attacks. Still, both of them are great in this regard imo.

    DS/DSR... well, it's a 2011 game, and its hitboxes were way ahead of that time (read: a lot better than in Skyrim). As of today, I would say most of them hold up just fine, but they've obviously gotten much better over time.

    DS2 hitboxes are fucking garbage. Even with properly leveled ADP, many attacks that seem to miss you entirely still hit you nonetheless. And with SotFS being the gankiest game in the series, it certainly doesn't help in making the challenge fair.

    submitted by /u/Sm00bySoul
    [link] [comments]

    Played the series backwards with no shield with no problem and now I’m on DS1...”So you have chosen death”

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    I got my Platt!!!!!!

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    My plat https://imgur.com/a/t3oXLaM omg, I was farming so much for the channeler trident. Also, I heard that you get a trophy next to your name for platting a soulsborne game, is it true?

    submitted by /u/adam109r
    [link] [comments]

    I might have found another skip for the duke's archives.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    I would first like to say that I am not a speedrunner and that I have not yet managed the trick myself or that it could already be known to be impossible.

    In my 3rd playthrough I was too annoyed to go through the duke's archives so I looked for a skip and found the one where you jump from the higher platform of the elevator onto its fence and then onto the other floor to skip the first fight. I was dying too many times trying it so I thought of another way to skip it and tried it for e few times. I have to mention that I am often just jumping at random times and not thinking of specific jumping angles as I am not as determined as a speedrunner.

    My trick involves the lever on the first elevator. I thought that it could be possible to use its ramplike shape to run on it while it is moving down and then jump so that you go into free fall onto the desired floor. I tried this many times and often almost made it but clipped off the desired floor's fence back onto the elevator.

    I am unsure if there is an invisible hitbox or if I was just timing it poorly.

    The only advantage this skip has is that you only have one deadly jump and it even has a chance of not killing you when you fail.

    I hope that this isn't just a waste of time for myself or others but I am not looking forward to develop this skip any further.

    submitted by /u/Coollooser666
    [link] [comments]

    General consensus for soft cap PvP?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    Recently bought the remaster for switch and am having a lot of fun introducing new friends to the "story" and playing through all the bosses so now the real question is... wheres the PvP population normally at? and at what level?

    submitted by /u/LucianPrime
    [link] [comments]

    How many tries did it take you to beat Artorias?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    Four Kings? More like 3 and a half kings

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Used to give me the hardest time ever but now I don't even have to kill all four, power within is stupid op.

    submitted by /u/Rainbine209
    [link] [comments]

    Soul level and fuel for the age of fire

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    A few days ago, I finished the onebro challenge after 8 months of struggling.

    After I beat Gwyn and given a choice of sacrificing and becoming a king, I had one thought. That the number of souls that is accumulated into the character, which is represented as the soul level, could represent the fuel for re-kindling the first flame.

    Like how people fatten the lambs for the sacrifice, Gwyn set up the trial in order for humans to gain more and more souls inside their bodies. He even manipulated his friends and comrades' souls to become keys to the kiln of the first flame in order for the chosen undead to gain more soul levels to beat those bosses.

    I think it really was a great plan by Gwyn, because if we are really stuck in one hard boss, we need to grind more souls to become much stronger than before. This goes the same for the lore. Since we only hear about the prophecy of undoing the fate of the undead and are commanded by Framt to gain the lord vessel and lords' souls, only logical way for the human to beat up the almighty Gods is to gain more strength via accumulating more souls inside the body, if we did not find Kaathe, who is very difficult to find without proper knowledge. So, without even realizing, the chosen undead became a great sacrificial lamb that can continue the age of Fire.

    However, there are crazy people, who oneshot the boss or evade every single hit and punch the boss, and casual like me, who are forced to memorize every single moveset of bosses to not die, that tries to beat the game without leveling up. It has been 9 years since the game out, so there would be many people who have done the onebro challenge, but when the first game came out, I doubt that there are many people who even think about trying this challenge. Also, how could have Gwyn predict that the naked person with no strength could parry him to his death after beating up every single god that made that world. Logically speaking, it is impossible for mere mortals to challenge the gods without proper preparation. But, we did it anyway.

    So, in my opinion, doing an sl1 challenge is the same as giving a middle finger to Gwyn, since we are probably worthless than Ludleth of Courland in how much fuel we have in the body.

    submitted by /u/wowharry97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment