• Breaking News

    Monday, March 2, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ironic that Havel, who hid himself within thick, highly defensive stone armor, violently abhorred Seath, who himself sought his own stone armor for protection.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 02:29 PM PST

    Havel had thick stone armor and a big old stone greatshield, both of which are the highest defense/stability armors/shields in all three games (or just about the highest). Seath wanted stone scales to protect himself in pretty much the exact same way. This is kind of painfully obvious now that I've realized it, and I'm almost sure the irony was intentional, perhaps even narratively significant.

    submitted by /u/redlionking
    [link] [comments]

    It's (nearly) the five year anniversary of "Well, What Is It?"

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 02:48 PM PST

    It’s almost moving for how many people, after so many years, still experience this game for the first time

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 11:01 PM PST

    It may be cringeworthy but Dark Souls basically was the first click that made me change entirely. I know this can't happen but I always hope that this game will be a remarkable experience to everyone at least half as much as it did to me, besides the flaws (it deserves a way better remastered than this one we had) it still has; so many incredible characters and the sense of melancholy and doom are expressed incredibly from Miyazaki's mind to the player's eyes, ears and hands. After hours and hours spent in Ashina, I think it's better to come back to Lordran some day

    submitted by /u/Rexailos
    [link] [comments]

    Made this artwork for Dark Souls a few weeks ago.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 12:37 PM PST

    I really like Final Fantasy and I thought it could blend pretty well with Dark Souls, so I mashed them up in one picture.

    https://imgur.com/5YgU08U

    submitted by /u/Awedsy
    [link] [comments]

    Am I alone to think that?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 03:32 AM PST

    I think that DS1 was relatively easy for game who should be really hard, finished the game in 20 hours because I wandered to places I shouldn't be (catacombs and giant's zone with skeleton doggies) The only bosses I really struggled with were Smough and Ornstein and Artorias.

    I also had the black knight sword early game, and I think that's not what made the game easy, let me explain :

    I killed a lot of the bosses with bad weapons, but I was really tanky, at least I tried to do so, and with black knight shield I got in the zone with skeleton doggies, which is a really good shield, I also maxed myself in strength, which made the sword really OP, and before you ask, the only help I got for a boss was for the gargoyles at the start of the game, since I didn't know how to play, I got help from the sunny Boi (sorry I only know the French name) but Smough and Ornstein were a real pain in the ass, I think I took 10-12 tries for them, dodging like a monkey, forced to take off my havel armor and my sword to take a lighter armor, weapon and shield.

    And uh, Gwyn uh...

    I killed him in two tries.

    Now I'm in NG + and it's finally giving some challenge, but even if the game was much easier than what I expected, it's a really good game, and I'm having lots of fun on the ng+

    Praise the sun my dear fellows!

    submitted by /u/TwiJoke
    [link] [comments]

    IVE REACHED ANOR LONDO!!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 05:33 PM PST

    suffered through the funhouse and blightown. I am so happy!

    submitted by /u/F_r3
    [link] [comments]

    So, I made another artwork, but this time from MGS.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 12:58 AM PST

    A sad story

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 02:44 AM PST

    In 2018 I bought Dark Souls Remastered, I was not interested in anything of From Software, a friend of mine told me DS was brilliant and I thougth that was my oportunity to see if the game was actually good. It was. more than 200 hours playing, all my favourites weapons on his maximum level. And then my Ps4 got broken. Nothing went to the cloud. Missed all. Thank you Sony :)))

    submitted by /u/Don_Poito
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein and Smough, can't even get a hit in!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 12:21 AM PST

    I'm not exaggerating, I can't even run into the boss room without being spiked by Orenstein and steamrolled by Smough. I am a DEX build with a BSS+10 and honestly, I'd be lying if I said the game has been a cakewalk so far but I have managed pretty well. This, this is another level. I can't count the amount of times I've tried, any advice without summoning?

    P.S Flashback to when I was posting about my troubles with the Bell Gargoyles lol.

    submitted by /u/coolfunkDJ
    [link] [comments]

    Invaded and killed while attacking Npc?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:54 PM PST

    I'm on my first play through and made my way to Sens Fortress. I got invaded while attacking Ricard and my invader managed to kill me just as I was killing him. According to my friend he should have dropped a rapier. I'm not sure if I have to wait until New game plus now that I've moved on to Anor Londo to get his drop? I wasn't aware of saving and reloading the game before this happened. I guess I'm out of luck?

    submitted by /u/GFMC_Herakles
    [link] [comments]

    Started playing Dark Souls this month and kinda happy I took down Ornstein and Smough in my second try. Made a small video on it.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 06:52 PM PST

    Posting this here cause I thought at least someone would appreciate it.

    Safe to say I am in love with Dark Souls. I was made for this game. It's not at as difficult as people have made out to be, but it's not easy in any way either.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUFUfjpzp9M

    submitted by /u/Wraith112
    [link] [comments]

    About maybe 6 hours in.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:13 AM PST

    So far beat the Asylum Demon and the Taurus Demon. Loving it!!

    submitted by /u/javajo91
    [link] [comments]

    Started the game three days ago over 20 hours in now, a summary of what I’ve done

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 12:30 PM PST

    I've platinumed Bloodborne a long time ago thought I'd give Ds1 a try. I'm in love. This is how things have went. I've left out a fuckton of things but that's because this is stuff I remember off the top of my head and can remember

    -Lol asylum demon this guy sucks

    -Holy fuck the bird just picked me up

    -This guy at Firelink is an asshole

    -Why are these skeletons so hard am I garbage at this game

    -Thanks for the big sword giant skelly

    -Can't hold the sword properly

    -What's down here? Ghosts huh oh I can't hit them I'll run past them

    -Ok that's a lot of ghosts

    -I can make this jump easily..fuck

    -Time to head somewhere else

    -Oh cool a merchant and he sells a bow I can snipe people now

    -Fuck this knight in black armor

    -Ha how do you like my firebombs thanks for the treasure black knight

    -Man these crossbow guys are making Taurus Demon annoying

    -Ok that wasn't too bad, just need to play it safe this ain't bloodborne wait you can kill those crossbow guys, bruh

    -Holy fuck this dragon keeps cooking me and I need to run back everytime from the bonfire

    -What if I use my bow..oh fuck he's coming RUN

    -Made it to the bonfire, nice what's at the top of this tower? Probably the greatest treasure oh fuck it's a black knight

    -Bruh is that a metal piggy HOLY FUCK HES FAST

    -Fuck the piggy I'll keep going, oh a key the description says for a cell door time to find the door

    -Nice so that's where this leads, these dogs are fast and assassin guys are annoying

    -Capra demon huh you don't look that tough

    -Oh wow you have dogs with you just perfect with my slow weapon, and the camera likes the tree more then you? Fantastic

    -I'll just run back to the boss oh the dogs are in my way now I'm stuck in a corner and dead x5

    -Fucking finally another key huh

    -This lady in the sewers sells some cool stuff, where does..ohhh so that's where this leads this games so connected I love it

    -Oh shit the chef in the depths saw me time to fuck him up

    -There goes all my estus, wasn't too bad oh fuck another chef

    -I'll save you dude, the chefs dead head on back to firelink

    -Where does this..one way path huh Holy fuck that's a big rat

    -I do no damage run, uh oh I fell down a waterfall

    -I need to leave this place my frame rate doesn't appreciate it

    -Oh god what are you you're spitting gas everywhere

    -Nice found a bonfire, some more shortcuts, oh shit I fell down a hole

    -Uh oh that bar is filling up fa- Curse? Wtf is this

    -Well shit

    -Found the boss maybe I can kill him while cursed

    -Lol I do no damage I'll be back here later

    -Yes guy at firelink I'm cursed you don't have to mock me

    -6k souls later and I can buy a purging stone from sewer lady nice

    -Ok lets go back the dragon way

    -These guys aren't that tough oh cool a fire keeper soul

    -A shortcut, back to firelink?! Woah the games so connected I love it

    -Oh shit a gargoyle boss

    -Man fuck that fire breath

    -Oh this is the bell firelink guy was talking about cool

    -What's this way oh shit I hear a blacksmith yes finally my hero

    -I am segmeyer of catarina I love this guy

    -Oh wtf is this thing, wow I didn't get her once, demon titanite that's new

    -Blackroot, this place is so green plants attack me huh

    -A sealed door, maybe this is what requires the key the blacksmith was selling

    -Darkroot Basin, a black knight he was pretty easy, was he guarding treasure? Even better a bonfire

    -Wait so kindling these gives me more estus ohhhh

    -Holy fuck that's a hydra hmm ok that water attack is bs x3

    -One head left he's so annoying almost got it..oh and I fell into the lake fantastic

    -Dragon scale and a ring nice

    -These plants and knight guys aren't so tough

    -Moonlight Butterfly lol this guys easy nice

    -Thanks for the key ok it says it opens the watchtower door

    -Oh shit it's Havel I found you

    -Holy fuck that hurts, 5-10 backstabs later he's dead

    -Oh shit this rings really good

    -Okay I can afford the artorias symbol key let's go

    -Hmm I can see a bonfire behind the door how do I, oh invisible wall nice

    -Ok this magic guys annoying this asshole in armor two shots me this assassin is annoying the fucking priest dude keeps healing and this dude with an axe one shots me x10

    -Finally, barely made it out.. oh and the last one has a bow fantastic

    -I don't wanna admit how long that took, what's over here, oh this leads back to the hydra nice

    -Fuck these huge wolf/dog things are fast

    -This rat wants me to join her covenant but I'm in one already so no? Still don't understand covenants

    -These mushroom guys are vibing I'll leave them be

    -Great Wolf Sif, took a few tries but I did it

    -Somewhere in between those sif attempts

    -Fuck you mushroom lol he's running to his dad I'll kill him what's he gonna d-

    -Ok where do I go now uhh

    -Valley of drakes these guys are cool

    -Ok I do no damage just bolt it for the treasure

    -Back to the depths I guess

    -Gaping demon much easier this time, and I got a key

    -Blighttown, uh oh I've heard about this place and that's not good

    -Wow I love ladders, I love falling, oh that guy blowpipes me every second oh this purple moss peanut cure toxin oh I fell again nice

    -With how slow I move in this lake I miss the ladders please just give me a bonfire

    -This looks like a spider den, a new area with a bonfire perhaps, no it's a boss I'm dead

    -Ey a bonfire where does this waterwheel lead, valley of drakes this door leads to new londo ruins and firelink shrine woahh

    -The spider lady boss is dead, the time I kindle for 10 estus I use four nice

    -Oh the second bell ring ring

    -The gate opened Catarina guy can go in now wait for me dude

    -Demon Ruins, what's thi- oh a parasite thing is on my head and I can't wear a helmet now nice

    -Oooo treasure, and that's a boss ceaseless discharge

    -Fuck that fire flame column I've dodged it once out of twenty times just keep swinging your arms please

    -The lava went down cool

    -That's a lot of taurus demons, oh fuck 4 of them are chasing me

    -Well at least they stay dead when I die oh look it's capra demon

    -Capra demons

    -Another bonfire nice that's a yellow fog wall can't go there yet shoot is this late game

    -A treasure chest, oh fuck 4 centipede things just run please don't be a mimic, divine fire ember, sounds powerful

    -Ok, I want out of here

    -Tine to run past the Capra demons, out of the boss lair, past the rock throwers and poison lake, rest at the bonfire by the lake

    -Climbing and falling down the waterwheel x3

    -Finally made it through all that, now just need to get to firelink, I found a keeper of souls down there too, can't wait to go up

    -Through the valley of drakes up new londo ruins..annnd the fire keepers dead WHAT

    -The bonfires gone..wait was it that guy in yellow armor? He ripped me off for a tip and now he's gone he's the culprit, how do I invade him

    -Ok I inspired the firelink guy to do something yay

    -I'll just use the bonfire in the undead parsh these guys are low level I'll just run past them.. and I fell. Time to make the trek from fucking blighttown agsain, fantastic

    -Sen's fortress, okay sounds welcoming, oh they're snakes

    -Okay just gotta maneuver carefully and, wtf who shot lightning fuck I fell, oh it's the demon titanite guy not s problem

    -Holy fuck why is he so strong now wtf x3

    -Fuck you, you'll die later

    -Oh shit that's a mimic fuck

    -Fuck these rocks, snakes and axes x5

    -Made it to the top, nice a bonfire

    -Pretty fun exploring up here killing these giant rock throwers

    -The Iron Giant

    -Wow that was easy, now wha- Holy fuck these guys are picking me up

    -anor londo, wow this place is beautiful, ok these knights are huge and tough

    -Nice a bonfire and afirekeepet that's cool I can upgrade my estus

    -A crystal halberd, holy crap this things amazing sm better than this claymore I've had all game

    -Time to fully upgrade the halberd

    -This'll get me through the whole game!

    -Another golden fog wall, strange

    -Just random exploring killing shit sometimes dying finding new armor sets npcs the usual until

    -These two archers on a rooftop scaffolding

    -Proceeds to spend the next 30-50 minutes trying to kill and get past them

    -Falls x10

    -Maybe full stone armor and a great shield, enough poise to not get knocked back, maybe full light armor to be fast, maybe x or y

    -Finally parry and kill both, a bonfire ahead godbless

    -More knights inside, killing shit exploring, oh another Catarina knight thanks for the ring dude

    -Another demon titanite guy, nope

    -Main courtroom the thing in my inventory is shaking, oh shoot I can invade his world

    -It was the golden armor guy, lol he dead I love this halberd

    -I got this ring holy shit it's amazing

    -Shortcut voila, oh cool this blacksmith is huge and he sells more stuff nice

    -Weapon at risk, gotta repair it, huh j can't, maybe the blacksmith can, no? Am I missing something

    -Check the wiki just this once

    -You cannot repair crystal weapons

    -Fuck, claymore time

    -A fogwall, lets go

    -Oh no I've heard of these guys

    -Fuck x4, just learning their attacks

    -One down Smough should be easy now and wh-

    -There's a fucking phase two I have zero estus and didn't kindle the bonfire

    -Fuck I need to use humanity to stay alive come on

    -Died to an electric body slam while he had maybe 25% hp :((

    -Well fuck

    submitted by /u/HarrISIS
    [link] [comments]

    O+S help

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 04:02 AM PST

    I have a +8 claymore and level 36 I can get easily get Ornstein to half health it's just I wish I had more damage . Is it worth it to go back ? Or just try to power through to get the Lordvessel.

    submitted by /u/Troshall
    [link] [comments]

    Mimic Sen's Fortress

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 03:28 AM PST

    So I was fighting the mimic in sen's fortress when it fell down the elevator shaft and died, so I reloaded it thinking maybe the loot would respawn up near me but it hasn't so I looked up what it dropped and apparently it drops the lightning spear which would've been perfect for my build.

    My question is does lightning spear spawn elsewhere or have I been pretty much screwed out of this miracle?.

    submitted by /u/Ace26845
    [link] [comments]

    Got the platinum yesterday now I don’t know what to do with my life.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:17 PM PST

    Feels good and bad at the same time.

    submitted by /u/Kravy
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with the centipede demon dark souls remastered switch anyone plz

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 03:02 AM PST

    Need some help going through anor Londo (PS4)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:55 PM PST

    Would like someone to help assist with all the killing and all the jolly cooperation

    submitted by /u/filmorebuttz
    [link] [comments]

    I have a theory that Gwyndolin got sick because he went into the Painted World to retrieve Priscilla but came into contact with some of the rotting areas within the painting. I also think that Gael only had a remnant of the canvas because Gwyndolin set it on fire on the way out.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:38 PM PST

    Odd Speculation on DS1's Early Development

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:07 PM PST

    I'm only bringing up about 3 points for now. And they're gonna be weird - so stay with me.

    I'd rather discuss abstract, strange concepts over basic ones that might be pretty much guaranteeable.

    Because I've dabbled in the nature and the behind the scenes stuff with Dark Souls for a while so I kinda understand a lot of its aspects at this point. So I'd rather discuss things on that end.

    Were pyromancies at some point, or originally, meant to be shot out from the character's mouths?

    Pyromancy in this game was clearly designed as a primal practice. to have pyromancy be almost animalistic and mouth-based would've really hammered home this feeling of it being a primal art and one that is different from the game's other magics.

    But I think the devs would've ultimately, or did ultimately, shoot down the idea because pyromancy would've then exuded this draconic feel. Which would've conflicted with the nature of the game. And to have it be mouth-based would've conflicted with how other techniques are aimed during gameplay.

    The next topic. What if Nito had his own class of magic?

    Seath is associated with a type of magic. Gwyn is associated with a type of magic. The Witch of Izalith is associated with a type of magic. Someone's missing. All the big players have some art that they passed on in the game lore. but what happened to ya boy Nito? Maybe a set of deathly, poisonous, miasma attacks would've conflicted with the nature of the lore or the gameplay or maybe the devs didn't really have any ideas for it. But in the end we did get poison mist and toxic mist. And the acid thing.

    Lastly, i got an easy one.

    The Grand Archives - that great, large library - is probably based on the cut concept of a library level in Demon's Souls.

    An old interview confirms that a library level was considered for Demon's Souls. And knowing how FromSoftware is iterative and expands on old ideas fom old games in new games .... Well, it's pretty clear what probably happened here.

    That's it.

    I'm a big fan of discussing things like cut content and developmental concepts. i'm no stranger to it and i'll be continuing it in the future.

    submitted by /u/Hexaped
    [link] [comments]

    Lore Question: Is it ever stated what race Gwyn's knights are?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:57 PM PST

    just need this information for a theory of mine

    submitted by /u/blaghah
    [link] [comments]

    Are merchants, etc. worth fighting for the hell of it?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 03:47 PM PST

    I'm nearing the end of my first run, ready to take on Gwyn after some last sightseeing. While my Chosen Undead is not evil by nature (and Blacksmith Andre is his treasured friend), he also wants to experience everything this strange land has to offer.

    Did you burn your bridges on the first run? Are there good fights to be had with non-aggressive NPCs?

    submitted by /u/teffflon
    [link] [comments]

    Platinumed Dark souls. Am I gud now?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 03:28 PM PST

    I finally platinumed Dark Souls. A journey which has taken me 6 months (to be fair school and life sorta got in the way a bit) but I did it

    This is my absolute favorite game ever, I have a bonfire tattooed on the inner part of my forearm, and it occurred to me that if I was ever going to platinum any game it should be this one. I ended on NG+4 because I wasn't paying attention. But by then getting through the main part of the game was trivial.

    Those bosses however were something else, I had to be surgical with my dodges and learn every move set like the back of my hand. I ran a pure strength build with a black knight sword and the great sword for bosses so I could use resins. By NG+3 I was just putting up vitality to see how big I can make my health bar.

    Getting each item wasn't terrible, with the exception of O&S boss soul weapons. I got smough hammer first in NG and then went for Ornstein in NG+ and I could for the life of me get Ornstein of my back long enough to kill smough. I took 10ish attempts before I got what I needed. Then it was a matter of just running through a couple of more times to get the Artorias set

    Platinum trophies never appealed to me but I'm glad to have my favorite game may one and only Plat.

    submitted by /u/camels_are_cool
    [link] [comments]

    Coming from Sekiro, I have questions.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:04 PM PST

    I just beat Sekiro, amazing game. Planning on taking on Bloodborne and DS Remastered next. My question is should I skip over DS2? I hear it's the weaker of the series. I plan on beating as many FromSoft games as I can until Elden Ring is out. Also, any advice for starting out?

    submitted by /u/JPisME269
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment